A Portable DVD Player became particularly popular in the early 2000s, making it possible to enjoy their favorite titles on the move. The popularity of this product has suffered a severe blow with the advent of smartphones and tablets, capable not only of playing movies but also of performing many other functions.
However, many still prefer to have a portable DVD player, mainly to entertain children on long journeys, both because in this way it is possible to take advantage of their DVD collection without having to make any new purchases, and because fewer features can preserve smaller users from incorrect and potentially dangerous uses.
Right Here we are providing the 10 Best Portable Dvd Players that are the best of the current time.
- 【Pure HD Cinema level screen】brand-new self-produced LCD screen has more high-definition and top picture quality. Upgraded 10. 1-Inch 1024*600 swivel screen with 270-degree rotation and 180 degrees flip allows you to get the perfect view every time. We provide 1-year technical support services.
- 【Longer Watching Time】Adds a protection board for the battery to achieve the highest quality and safety. You can enjoy your favorite videos for up to 5 hours without charging. Additional charging option with the car charger and AC adapter ensures you can use it for longer anytime, anywhere.
- 【Unique Button Design】The ONLY DVD player on the market that has two sets of operating systems, one for daily viewing, another for on-board viewing. With a Customized car bag, the Portable DVD Player for Car does not need to be taken out of the headrest mount bag when used in car, reducing the inconvenience during travelling.
- 【Supports Huge Array of Multimedia】Supports direct play of CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD (but NOT blu-ray DVD). It is region free. In addition, it supports max 32GB USB and SD cards for playing MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DIVX.
- 【Break-point Memory】Built-in break-point memory function means the DVD will begin where you left off last time.
- 【HIGH CAPACITY BUILT-IN BATTERY】Watch all your favorite TV shows and movies or let your kids be engaged by watching beloved cartoons while you're on the road. A built-in 2500 mAh rechargeable lithium battery ensures 5 hours of video playback. DBPOWER 11.5" Portable DVD Player equipped with three power supplies - built-in battery, car charger, and AC power adapter, hence it serves for a long period of time before having to recharge.
- 【MULTIMEDIA SUPPORTED】Direct play in formats: CD,DVD,CD-R/RW,DVD-R/+R,DVD+RW/-RW, VCD,SVCD(but not blu-ray DVD); Up to 32GB USB and SD Card are supported; MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DIVX are supported. It is Region free.
- 【SWIVELING SCREEN】9 inch screen with unique design. 800*480 Swivel Screen obtains a 270 degrees rotation and 180 degrees flip feature. DBPOWER Portable DVD Player can be swiveled as a tablet easily and mounted to the back of your car's headrest (head restraint) while you are on the road trips with your family.
- 【DUAL SPEAKER& LOUDER VOLUME】 Dual speaker design. DBPOWER Portable CD Player is integrated with two powerful stereo speakers, which makes the volume louder and clearer. Also the DVD player is with a 3.5mm earphone jack on the right side, so that you can get a concentrated and clear sound.
- 【LAST MEMORY & REMOTE CONTROL】One more feature you need most is here. DBPOWER runs on a universal operating system via remote control. Break-point memory function makes your portable DVD player able to pick you up from where you left last time. Warranty: we provide 24/7 after-sales service and a 12-months warranty to ensure you got a 100% satisfied buying experience.
- 15.4 Inch Swivel HD Screen: The 15.4 Inch 1280*800 HD swivel TFT screen together with its 270-degree rotation and 180-degree flip feature allows extreme viewing experience and easy positioning. This portable DVD player should be a fantastic choice to help your journey even more comfortable;
- 4,000mAh Large Capacity Battery:4,000mAh large capacity built-in rechargeable powerful battery allows up to 6 hours of runtime. This portable DVD player can also be powered by your car charger or AC adapter to avoid the battery limitations altogether;
- Broad Compatibility with Multimedia: This portable DVD player supports disc (of all regions) formats including CD, DVD, DVD + R (-R), DVD + RW (-RW), VCD, SVCD-R (RW), CD-R (RW), file formats like MP3, MPG, VOB, AVI, MPEG and RMVB (maximum resolution 720 * 576, and for RMVB 720P), JPG, TXT, and also USB, SD and MMC card up to 32G;
- Multiple Additional Features: Functions like anti-shock, rotate, zoom, last memory, DVD memory are available on this player, as well as accessories like a remote control for easy operation, 1.8m car adapter and power adapter adding more joy on-the-go
- High Audio Quality Plus Audio Jack: Apart from the built-in powerful stereo speaker there is also an audio jack to plug in your headphone to help enjoy your audio-visual feast. Additionally, the included AV output cable makes it possible for the motion pictures on a larger screen like TV.
- 【WATCH MOVIES FOR LONGER】With the built-in high-capacity 2,500 mAh rechargeable lithium battery, you can enjoy watching your favorite DVDs for up to 5 hours. It can even be powered by your car charger or AC adapter, ensuring you can use it for longer anytime, anywhere.
- 【SUPPORTS HUGE ARRAY OF MULTIMEDIA】Supports direct play of CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD (but not blu-ray DVD). It is region free. In addition, it supports max 32GB USB and SD cards for playing MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DIVX.
- 【SWIVEL SCREEN】Never be stuck for a viewing angle as the 10'' swivel display screen (1024*600 TFT-LCD ) with 270-degree rotation and 180 degrees flip allows you to get the perfect view every time. It can be easily swiveled and attached to the car headrest when you are on road trips.
- 【MULTIPLE WAYS TO PLAY】Need it bigger? The AV output allow it to be connected to a TV for you to enjoy for favorite movies on a big screen. Two like DVD players can also be connected by an AV to AV cable so that the same movie can be watched on two players at the same time. One player set in DVD mode to play DVDs, AV cable pluged into AVOUT port, the other player set in AV mode, AV cable pluged into AVIN port.
- 【BEGIN WHERE YOU LEFT OFF】A neat feature of this portable DVD player is that it has a break-point memory function, which means the DVD will pick up from where you left last time. Warranty: 1 Year Free Standard Parts and Labor
- ❤ High Definition: 2020 New Updated 15.6'' 360° swivel screen and 1366*768 TFT LCD will give you perfect viewing angles. Regions Free and make sure Last Memory on at general setup page, you will always resume where you left off last time
- ❤ High-capacity Batteries: Built-in 5600mAH rechargeable lithium batteries, you can enjoy watching your favorite movies for about 5-6 hours ( a full charge) . It can be powered by Car Charger and 3 in 1 AC Adapter （UL/UK/EU plug）, make it great for car or flights trips in more countries
- ❤ Multimedia to Play : Support direct play of CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD (RW), CD-R (RW). Built-in USB / SD / MMC port, compatible with files like MP3,WMA,JPEG,VOB,AVI 4 ( resolution up to720 * 576, maximum up to 32GB) . Blu-ray disc not supported
- ❤ Multi-using Experience: The AV OUT/IN port allow you to watch same movies on a larger screen tv or other dvd players. Built-in stereo sound speakers and headphone jack design will give you a visual audio. Operating protective techs perform stable in reading discs smoothly, break point reload, anti-shock, pre-reading etc
- ❤ 12 Months Warranty: WONNIE has more than 10 years experience in portable DVD players. We provide one-year Worry-free money back guarantee and lifetime professional customer service & technical support. Welcome to contact us via after-sell or Amazon Station Email, we will reply ASAP in 24 Hours
- 💕 Large HD Screen & Stereo Speakers：WONNIE 16.9’’ Portable DVD player with 14.1’’ 1280*800 HD LCD TFT screen with 270°swivel and 180°flip function. High quality display, clear sound It will provide you colorful & vivid image with a perfect view at anytime and anywhere
- 💕 Multi-format Compatibility：This Portable DVD player can play with DVD/ USB / SD / MMC ( up to 32 GB). Compatible with multiple formats: CD, DVD, ± R / RW, VCD, MP3, WMA, VOB, AVI, MPEG1, XVID, JPEG. (MP4 & Blue-ray discs are not supported). with USB / SD port is very convenient for you to play movies and image files in USB drive and SD card
- 💕 3 Power Modes: Built-in large capacity rechargeable battery, come with car charger and 3 IN 1 power adapter. You can charge at home or in the car, no need to worry about the device being interrupted on the trip. The 3 in 1 power adapter will be the best choice for traveling abroad
- 💕 Last Memory: This DVD player support to playback from the point where you stopped last time, you can continue your last playback. And the AV interface will also allow you to watch movie on the TV or a larger screen with an RAC cable we provided
- 💕 12 Months Warranty: We provide full refund of reasons in 365 days and lifetime professional customer service & technical support. Please contact us through the amazon message or after-sales mailbox whenever meet issues,we are always ready to offer you best service
- 💕 HIGH RESOLUTION SCREEN -- Adopts 15.6 Inch 1280*800 HD swivel screen. Upgraded screen can relieve visual fatigue caused by long-term viewing. Thanks to 270° rotation and 180° flip feature, it provides extreme viewing experience and easy positioning.
- 💕 5000mAh BATTERY CAPACITY -- Reliable battery capacity ensures continuous playing for up to 6 hours. We also provide certificated AC power adapter and high quality car charger in the package, no more worries about battery dies out when you out.
- 💕 SUPPORT MULTI FORMATS -- Direct play in formats: CD, DVD, DVD + R(-R), DVD + RW(-RW), VCD, SVCD-R(RW), CD -R(RW). Supports multi-media files via USB and SD Card (up to 32G), such as VOB, AVI, MPEG, MP3, WMA, JPEG.
- 💕 HUMANIZED FUNCTION -- To ensure that customers are not interrupted while using the disc, Anti-Shock function protects the disc reading process. It can effectively reduce the video interruption caused by shaking.
- 💕 KIDS' COMPANION -- Simple operating system and large volume make this player perfect for kids and the elderly. It provides companionship to your children and the elderly when you have a busy time.
- 【Built-in 5000mAh Rechargeable Battery】Last longer, greatly increase portability. With car charger and ac adapter, this dvd player portable can be used at home, car, airplane, hotel, outdoor, indoor, anytime anywhere.
- 【HDMI Input】Sync up to 1080P video and audio from your Computer, Mobile Phone, Raspberry Pi, Xbox, PS3, PS4, Firestick or Kindle Fire etc. Support AV IN and AV OUT function. (NOTE: The phone and the HDMI cable are NOT included.) With a FREE Carrying Bag.
- 【Support 1080P Video Formats】MKV/MP4/FLV/MPEG/MPG/VOB/RMVB/RM/AVI/MOV/DAT/DIVX. Built-in USB/TF card slot (up to 128GB, FAT32 format).
- 【1366*768 Large 16 Inch Screen】Louder dual speaker, clearer sound quality. Rotation/flip screen allow you to watch a movie or cartoon clearly from each angle, give you better visual experience.
- 【18 Months Warranty】Portable DVD Player with Large Screen, Remote Control, AV Cable, Wall Charger, Cigarette Charger, User Manual and 100% Customer Service.
- 5 HOURS PLAYING TIME--- With the upgraded 5 hours playing lithium battery, ensure 5 hours lasting time (2 whole films). Not enough? Do not worry. We provide extra 5.9 ft AC power adapter and car charger in the package, ensure you can enjoy your happiness.
- REGION FREE DVD PLAYER --- ieGeek portable DVD players support DVD, DVD+R(-R), DVD+RW(-RW), CD-R(RW), SVCD-R(RW), VCD, CD, MP3, MPEG, AVI, VOB, and can directly play with USB and SD card to enjoy your favorite movies and music.
- SYNC SCREEN PLAYING--- an AV to AV cable to help you share a same movie with two dvd player. An AV to RCA cable (included in package) allows it to be connected to a TV for you to enjoy your private theater on a big screen.
- UPGRADED TECHNOLOGY---Upgraded Laser to guarantee for a better compatibility to read more disc formats. Adopt an anti-shock and Resume Function technology to ensure you won’t experience any interruption in the playing.
- ENHANCED BRIGHTNESS PROTECTIVE SWIVEL SCREEN---10.5 inch swivel screen supports 270 degrees rotation and 180 degrees folding back. ieGeek DVD player could be tied to the car seat, brings ultimate visual enjoyments to your road trip.
- 5 Hours Long-lasting Battery Life: Powered by a 3,000 mAh high-capacity rechargeable lithium battery, this portable DVD player can easily extend the playing time of your favorite movies up to 5 hours. In addition to included 5.9 ft car and AC adapter, you can be rest assured to enjoy your private theater anytime, anywhere.
- Swivel Screen: The customized 9.5-inch 800*480 flexible swivel screen featured with 270-degree rotation and 180 degrees flip function guarantees you superb viewing experience and easy positioning. It can also be attached to a car headrest to make you road trips no longer boring.
- Broad Compatibility with Multimedia: This portable video player supports direct play various discs( of all regions) from CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD to SVCD (but not blue-ray DVD). USB and SD cards ( max to 32G ) are supported for playing MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DIVX.
- Multiple Ports for Broad Application: Beyond the USB and SD slot, this video player also has AV IN and AV OUT ports to be connected to a TV or another player to share with your happiness. You can also use the audio jack to plug in your headphone to enhance your audio-visual experience.
- Break-point Memory Function: Underlying a designing of easy operation, this video player adds a break-points memory function and will pick up from you left last time, without taking the hassles for another fresh start to skip.
Best Portable Dvd Players Buying Guide
1. Discs and codecs
Those who buy a DVD player today do so mainly in order not to give up enjoying the films, series or even the music of their collection: those who prefer the quality of physical media to that of increasingly popular streaming content, therefore, need to be able to continue to benefit from it, even though the technologies themselves are now outdated.
So here is the very first consideration to make before purchasing: what can the DVD player read? To answer this question, several features need to be analyzed, including supported media, codecs, and file formats.DVD player
The word “media” refers to the different types of discs that DVD players can read. In particular, if we have a rich collection of “home-made” CDs and DVDs, we will have to make sure that the new player can read them (no problem with the films and CDs bought in the store, which will always be readable).
We are talking about CDs and DVDs as if it were evident that all DVD players also read CDs: in reality, it is not so obvious, and if this is a feature that you care about, always check that it is present. That said, those who are familiar with burning CDs and DVDs know that they are certainly not all the same: speaking only of CDs there are CD-Rs and CD-RWsDVD disc player.
A codec is a program used to compress and decompress large files. This is necessary for audio and video files, the size of which would otherwise be unmanageable. Also, the codec used for writing the contents on a CD or DVD is therefore essential to consider since if the DVD player does not support this, we will not be able to see or listen to the disc.
DVD player logoThe most commonly used codecs are MP3, WMA (for the audio part), DivX, and XviD (for the video part). Then there are the Dolby Digital and DTS encodings, unusual in the case of DVD movies because they are the ones that allow you to play stereo effects when we connect the DVD player to a suitable audio system.
Keep this in mind when purchasing your new DVD player and when burning new discs. Also, in this case, there is no problem with the films and CDs bought in the store, which will always be readable.
Div X Dvd Player
An accessory consideration, always engaging in particular with regards to the discs burned by the user, is that of the supported files. In essence, most DVD players can only read the most popular formats and not the most niche ones. For example, in the case of photos and images, often, the only supported format is .jpeg; in the case of videos, the most supported format is .avi and so on. In short, if you have stored files on CD or DVD in more niche formats, as may be the case with .flac for high definition music, the DVD player will hardly be able to read them.
2. Audio / Video Quality
An equally important factor is also the one that concerns the quality of reproduction that a DVD player can offer, not only in terms of image resolution but also in terms of audio support. Let’s see these two areas, one by one.
For video quality, we must make a valuable premise: it depends on at least four factors. The first is the disc: if the DVD we want to see is in high definition, it will offer us high quality of the starting image. Secondly, the player must be able to reproduce the starting resolution of the DVD faithfully. Otherwise, we will lose video quality already at this stage, even before inserting the disc.
Third, the connection we use between the DVD player and the TV (or projector) may play a role in the loss of definition, but we will talk more about this later. Finally, of course, the resolution supported by our TV counts: the more recent the model, the better the image quality usually.
That said, DVDs and DVD players invariably stop at the high definition: remember that DVDs were popular before the advent of Blu-ray and before Full HD resolution became a market standard. In terms of resolution, the maximum you can expect from a DVD movie is 720p, and even if you save a high definition video file (for example, in .mkv format ) on a DVD, the player will not be able to play it.
As far as audio is concerned, what you may be interested in is whether or not the DVD player supports Dolby and DTS formats, as we said above, and whether it can read high-quality audio files. We have already partially answered this last question: a DVD player can hardly read the so-called “lossless” formats for high definition audio.
On the other hand, the stereo sound is much better: even the most straightforward and cheapest models support at least one Dolby format. For movie lovers with a sound stereo system, it will, therefore, be possible to connect the player and faithfully reproduce the audio.
Another essential consideration must concern the outputs that a DVD player is equipped with, not only because we must be able to connect it to our monitor, TV or projector, but also because the quality of the output signal plays a role, as we said, in the definition of the ‘image. Let’s see what ports we can find on DVD players.
All DVD players are always equipped with at least one audio output: the utility is that, as we mentioned, to connect a couple of speakers or a more sophisticated stereo system to the player if the speakers of the TV do not satisfy us. The audio output can be single or often double, analog, distinguished on the right, and left. The best models also or exclusively have a digital (coaxial) output.DVD player outputs audio
Finally, DVD players may have some exciting features, mostly related to disc playback and image rendering. We have already talked about the upscaling role above, which adapts and improves the usually rather low resolution of DVD movies to display them correctly, even on high definition monitors. This function is, in many cases, passive, meaning that it is not an option that the user can activate or deactivate at will. The most common essential functions are: DVD player functions
- Format Selection: you can choose between different image formats, 16: 9, 4: 3 and others
- Screen Fit: regardless of size, the image fits the screen by eliminating black portions (part of the image can be cut off)
- Slides: to watch a photo album on the screen
- Music Playback: allows you to play audio CDs without having to turn on the TV
- Slow-Motion: slows down the video you are currently browsing
- Replay: will enable you to review a scene
- Back and Forth: allows you to go back or jump forward in viewing (or listening)
Other Factors to Keep in Mind when Choosing the Dvd Player
Is The Materials Valuable?
In the case of electronic products, construction materials hardly make a big difference. Most of the components and technologies contained within them are almost identical, and the outer shell is, in most cases, plastic. The color and finish may change, but the substance is the same. Only a few instances have a body more sturdy aluminum, but these are either models a bit ‘dated, or very high-end DVD players.
Is the Brand Valuable?
When it comes to audio/video, relying on brands with consolidated experience in the sector is undoubtedly the best choice. In the case of DVD players, it is not so much a matter of choosing the most avant-garde brand, given that DVD technology does not foresee further developments, but of selecting the guarantee of a product that is both durable and with good usability (with a smooth and intuitive menu). Trusted brands in this regard are Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, and in no small extent LG and Philips.
Is the Price Important?
The price of DVD players has plummeted in recent years, thanks to the advent of high definition media (Blu-ray) and the use of streaming music and movies. Today it is possible to buy a perfectly functional DVD player with less than 40 € of expenditure, which can go up to almost 100 € for the most sophisticated models. To be clear, a DVD player equipped with USB port, HDMI output, and upscaling will remain on the higher price range, while straightforward models, without displays, with a minimal number of productions, will be placed around the lower field.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dvd Players
How Do You Clean a Dvd Player?
To clean a DVD player without damaging it, it is necessary not only to have a minimum of experience in the maintenance of electronic devices but also to have suitable products that do not damage any component. If you simply want to eliminate the dust, simply open the body and use compressed air, remembering to stay at a safe distance to avoid excessive cooling of the internal parts of the reader.
To clean the lens, which is the most delicate component ever, you need to buy a special detergent or isopropyl alcohol. Once you have soaked a small cotton swab(a pure cotton swab can be fine), it will be enough to pass it very gently on the optics, without applying any pressure.DVD player how to clean is essential that water is never used, which can be corrosive and easily infiltrate the electrical components, and always use a microfibre cloth to clean the body also (it must not release lint).
What Can I Do if The Dvd Player Doesn’t Read a Disc?
If our DVD player does not read a disc correctly, the first thing to check is if the problem also occurs with other drives. In the latter case, the player is likely causing an error in playback, so it is advisable to try to clean it and check that the head is in good condition. If instead, it is the single disk that has problems, the possibilities are different:
- The Region of The Disc Is Not Compatible with That of The Player: if you purchased a DVD in a foreign country, it might be that our player is unable to decode it correctly;
- The Disc Is Scratched or Dirty: if it is a few fingerprints, simply remove them with a microfibre cloth. If, on the other hand, there are actual scratches, it is possible to buy particular products to eliminate or reduce the problem, or go to a specialized shop and ask that the disc be treated to make it visible again. It must be said, however, that if this is severely damaged.
Are There Dvd Players for Tablets?
Tablets are mobile devices that increasingly focus on online services, offering a great deal of content in as compact a space as possible. This trend is incompatible with the characteristics of DVD players, devices that by now cannot be defined as the latest generation and which require considerable space and dimensions.
What Can Be Recovered from An Old Dvd Player?
If you have an old DVD player that is no longer usable and you want to recycle as much of its components as possible, you need to have enough confidence with electronic devices.
Once the body has been opened, it is possible to recover many different parts, including in particular screws, capacitors, resistors, and cables, which however must be able to be reused in other devices.
If you do not have the slightest idea of what a capacitor is, it is undoubtedly better to dispose of the reader correctly, as we will see in the next paragraph.DVD player what to recover