Portable projectors have been a real revolution for cinema enthusiasts because they allow you to enjoy all the benefits of a movie night everywhere.
If you are a type who prefers to move always from one place to another, this is the device for you: it will allow you not to have to give up an excellent audiovisual experience because of your nomadic nature.
Here we had selected the best portable projectors that are listed below.
- Remarkable Clarity and Contrast: DLP's advanced IntelliBright algorithms deliver a remarkably bright 100 ANSI-lumen image. (Recommended for use in dimmer environments.)
- 360° Speaker: Equipped with a powerful omnidirectional speaker, this mini projector pumps out sound all around.
- Home Entertainment: Enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, and more up to 100 inches big anywhere in your home thanks to Capsule’s soda can-sized design.
- Android 7.1: Run streaming and media apps flawlessly. Seamlessly display content from Netflix, Youtube, and more on your mini projector for endless entertainment.
- NOTE: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Capsule portable projector to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported.
- SMALL & COMPACT: This pocket size projector is only 11.9cmx8.6cmx4.8cm (0.29kg), not much bigger than your smart phone. You can take it anywhere in your purse, pack or pocket. ONLY IDEAL FOR HOME ENTERTAINMENT IN DARK CONDITION, NOT recommended for Power Point or business presentations.DOESN'T HAVE BLUETOOTH FUNCTION.
- POWERED BY A POWER BANK: The projector does not have its own battery, it needs a 5V/2A power source such as a wall charger or power bank. Great for travel, hiking and camping where there’s no electricity or TV. Also popular with children.
- MULTI PORTS: The USB/AV/SD slots enable you to connect about everything from smart phones, laptops, tablets, DVD players, game consoles and more. You can also show the video and photos on a USB flash drive, fire stick or micro SD.
- PERFORMANCE: 400 Lumens; Native resolution:480*272 pixels; Support resolution:1080P; Aspect ratio: 4:3 or 16:9; Projection distance: 1-3m; Projection size up to 60 inches. NOTE: may not compatible with Dolby sound video!
- HOW TO CONNECT : To connect it with your smartphone,tablets, laptops or Macbook,you need a lighting to HDMI , a Micro USB to HDMI or a Type-C to HDMI adapter which depends on your devices. If you want to realize the wireless connection, a wifi network adapter is needed. (NOTE: Adapters not included in the package.)
- ★【Superior Home Theater Projector 】2020 Upgraded mini projector equipped with 2000:1 contrast ratio, supported 1080p resolution, brings you a 35% brighter images than similar projectors in market. It provides you with a premium home cinema experience with the bigger screen and clearer image.
- ★【Big Screen & Built-in Speakers】The mini projector has a 32~170 inches projection display size with 1m to 5m projection distance. Built-in speakers offer excellent loud sound quality, you can also connect it to external speakers to meet your higher quality sound needs.
- ★【Low Noise & Long Lamp Life】The projector is lower in noise and more durable than previous models thanks to advanced fan cooling technology. Powerful cooling system cools the heat of lamp efficiently, extending the bulb life to 55,000 hours, which means you can use it more than 15 years.
- ★【Multiple Devices Connection & Portable】This portable movie projector is fit for playing videos, TV series, photos sharing, football matches etc. It can be easily connected with laptops, smartphones, tablets, USB drives, X-Box ONE to enjoy big games. ★★★When connect with phone, an extra HDMI adapter is needed. Please kindly note projectors with mirrored are incompatible with Netflix and Hulu due to copyright issues.★★★
- ★【2 Year Satisfied Warranty】Our team offers every customer 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any problems while using, please feel free to contact us. Please rest assured that we also have 2 year warranty. Not recommended for PPT, or business presentation, it is a home theater projector. You can enjoy the fun at outdoor journey in dark.
- BIG SCREEN HD MOVIE: The latest UPGRADED DLP technology provides a 70% brighter, more vivid, and 50% sharper image. Supports full HD 1080P video with a 1000:1 contrast ratio and 800 x 480p native resolution. You can enjoy a 30-100" big display screen within 1-4 m distance.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AS A PHONE: Pocket size mini projector (3.86x3.86x0.85 inches) and lightweight (0.44 lbs). Easy to take and operate. It comes with a TRIPOD with a fully functional 360° rotation and firm stand. This neat projector is an ideal and popular gift!
- EXCELLENT FEATURES: Super low noise which hardly to hear when you are watching a movie. The mini projector is perfect for home cinema, parties, or camping entertainment in a relatively dark environment. Not suitable for business or teaching presentations.
- BUILT-IN BATTERY & LONG LAMP LIFE: The pico projector has a built-in battery which lasts for 1.5-2 hours after fully charged. It can be also a power bank. Flexible to use anywhere and don't need charging always. Long lamp lifetime up to 45000 hours. If use it for 3 hours per day, that's 40 years.
- EXTENSIVE CONNECTIVITY: This portable projector can widely connect to a laptop, TV Box, DVD, tablet, camera, PS3/4, smartphone, etc. via HDMI port to enjoy a variety of entertaining resources from many devices. Make your living room become a home theater! Note: The M4 projector doesn't have a keystone correction.
- [FULL HD 1080P SUPPORTED] VANKYO LEISURE 410 performs incredible images with Full HD 1080P supported. The 2020 UPGRADE portable projector runs bright, razor-sharp images, ensuring your fantastic watching experience.
- [LARGE SCREEN FOR ENTERTAINMENT] VANKYO Leisure 410 delivers 33"-200" image with projection from 3.6ft to 21.7ft. With detailed design for display, you can enjoy the best image with projection distance 9.8ft.
- [MULTIPLE MEDIA &COMPATIBILITY] Coming with TV, VGA, USB, SD, AV, HDMI, Audio ports, the projector supports the stable connection for multimedia like laptop, iOS/Android device etc, compatible with TV stick, PS3,PS4 and X-Box etc.
- [MUTE FAN & BUILD-IN SPEAKER] Equipped with an innovative cooling system with heat dispersion and noise suppression technology, there’s hardly noise when the projector working. The build-in speaker is loud enough for supporting most use.
- [PERFECT FOR HOME THEATER] The mini projector is a good choice to build up a home theater. It will immerse yourself into a veritable cinema in a room dark enough with connecting an extra surrounding sound system.
- WiFi SYNCHRONIZE SMARTPHONE SCREEN: Latest WiFi connecting function is compatible with IOS and Android system. VANKYO Leisure 470 also can directly connect to your smartphone or laptop via a USB/Lightning cable, without the need for an extra HDMI adapter or Wi-Fi environment. The Mirror display function doesn't support protected videos, because of copyright. (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu).
- 4000 LUX SUPERIOR WATCHING EXPERIENCE: Leisure 470 has 4,000 Lux which is 80% brighter than other equivalent projectors. MStar Advanced Color Engine and 3500: 1 contrast provide vivid color and powerful contrast of images. Native resolution is 1280 * 720P, with 1920x1080P supported. Aspect ratio is 16:9/4:3. The lamp life is up to 50,000 hours. ***Note: Not recommended for PPT or office presentations.***
- SUPERIOR HOME THEATER PROJECTOR: The mini projector provides viewing sizes from 39" to 250" with projection distances between 4.27 and 26.57 feet. The large-screen eye-protection light source and built-in 3W*1 stereo speakers let you enjoying the highest-end cinema. You can connect the speakers through the audio port to enhance the sound, which is suitable for Backyard, Home Movie Entertainment, Car Travel, Play Gaming, Party.
- PORTABLE VERSATILE DIGITAL PROJECTOR: Compatible with TV Stick/smartphones/tablets/TV/laptop/USB sticks/TF cards (max 32GB)/DVD players. It can easily connect to your smartphone, PS3, PS4, X-Box ONE or Wii to enjoy games. Customized bags are designed for your carrying and storage.
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY (100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE): VANKYO provides customers with a three-year 100% money back guarantee and professional customer service and technical support. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service.
- 🌷 high resolution LED projector: QK02 LED projector upgrade with high Native Resolution which can meet all your home entertainment games or indoor and outdoor movies. It’s also ideal for home entertainment like movies and video games
- 🌷 big bonus [100inch projector screen] for customers: QK02 video projector packed with 100" Portable projector screen for our customers' Daily home theater use. It's the definitely best choice for your outdoor camps, trips and night movies with family. Projection display is 40”-170” at the distance of 1-4m (the ideal projection display is 120” in 3M). aspect ratio is 16: 9/ 4: 3 with manual focus and keystone on projector
- 🌷 longer lamp life & protect your eye well LED projector: QK02 LCD projector has five layer LCD display which allows the projector lamp life Max support to 50, 000 hours. The LED light source can perfectly protect you and your family’s eyes. It’s definitely the best choice for your home theater entertainment
- 🌷 Multimedia projector with flexible connectivity: QK02 video projector has AV/USB/SD/HDMI/VGA/Headphone plug which allows you to play most media players on it like PCs, Macs, video games like PS3/Xbox, blue-ray DVD player, TV stick, Roku stick and mobile devices (Wireless display dongle not included. )
- 🌷 three year 100% satisfied : QK02 projector offer every customer a 100% satisfied and 3 year Money Back . If there is any questions you met, you can contact us freely to get an immediate reply from our professional technical department
- PORTABLE PROJECTOR: Ultra-portable WVGA (854x480p) LED projector that delivers convenient entertainment in nearly any room
- BIG SCREEN PROJECTION: Shorter throw lens project up to 100-inches from 8-feet 9-inches
- PREMIUM AUDIO: Built-in Dual Harman Kardon Bluetooth speakers deliver room-filling audio
- SMART TV ENABLED: Integrated Wi-Fi lets you stream and binge from YouTube and more
- EASY SETUP: Simple setup and control, just plug & play your presentations, videos, and pictures
- 【Superior watching experience】 This mini projector equipped with 2000: 1 contrast ratio, supported 1080P resolution, brings you a 70% brighter than other projectors, it is an ideal choice for home entertainment. Not recommended for PPT
- 【Big size screen】 The projection size varies from 36" To 150" With 3ft to 12ft projection distance (3-9ft recommended)
- 【Built-in dual speakers and Fan built-in dual speaker system provides excellent high sound quality. Extends lamp life to 45, 000 hours with advanced fan cooling technology
- 【Multiple devices connection】 This projector is suitable for playing videos, TV series, photo sharing, football matches, etc. It can easily connect to a variety of devices such as computers, laptops, smartphones, USB drives, game consoles, etc.
- 【1-Year 】we offers a 1-year and service & Technical support. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us
Things to Consider Before Buying Portable Projectors
Portable projectors are an excellent option to have a fantastic experience with the video games you love or to enjoy your favorite movies on a big screen, without having to go to the cinema.
However, before buying a projector, you should dispel any doubts you may have about the use or the device itself. In the following section, we will answer the most frequently asked questions.
How Far from The Screen Should I Place the Portable Projector?
The answer to this question may vary by model: most portable projectors have a range of between one and five meters. You should know that the further away the projector is from the wall or screen, the larger the projected image will be. Some projectors allow you to change the image size without having to move the device.
However, this is not the case with portable projectors, especially the cheaper ones: in fact, they allow you to adjust the image simply based on the distance from the projection wall. If you consult this information before finalizing the purchase, you will not find any nasty surprises.
What Is the Projection Ratio of A Portable Projector?
The projection ratio refers to the size of the projected image based on the distance of the projector from the screen. For example, the Vamvo model projects an image of 200 inches by about 4.5 meters and 44 inches by 1.5 meters.
Does the Room I Am Projecting Into Be Completely Dark?
Many manufacturers recommend using the device in a room as dark as possible because the filtered light from outside could reduce the quality of the projected image. If the area in which you will use the projector is completely dark, a projector with an intensity of 1500 lumens should be fine.
On the contrary, if a lot of light enters the room, the greater intensity is needed if you want to obtain an optimal image. For example, in offices, where a minimum of light is required during projections, projectors that reach even 3000 or more lumens are needed; if you want to project outside, even if at night, you will be particularly subject to light contamination.
Do I Need Speakers to Use a Portable Projector?
Most portable projectors have built-in speakers: this is an outstanding feature because the device will be easier to transport, and you won’t have to carry other items with you.
The audio quality varies from model to model. In principle, however, the sound is not as excellent and enveloping as that from proper audio equipment.
We must pay close attention to the characteristics of the speakers included in portable projectors: if they do not match our needs, we should opt for another model. In many cases, for optimal audio quality, external audio devices must be used, connecting them to the projector or video source.
How Do You Power a Portable Projector?
Power is a significant factor to be considered well if you want to travel with the projector. Many projectors are powered by connecting them to an electrical outlet. Still, there are other models equipped with a battery: this is an exciting possibility because it can give the user greater mobility.
What Devices Can I Connect to My Portable Projector?
The answer to this question may vary from model to model: the best projectors on the market are very versatile, so much so that they are compatible with various devices. Most of them can be connected to computers, televisions, consoles, DVD players, smartphones, tablets, USB sticks, and SD cards.
What Materials Can I Reproduce on A Portable Projector?
The material you can reproduce depends exclusively on the device you will connect to the projector. If you join a computer or a DVD player, for example, you will not have to worry about the formats.
In these cases, the projector acts as a screen for these devices, because they will reproduce the material. The problem may arise if you want to play files that are located on a USB stick or an SD card.
The format of the image or video must be compatible with the projector, but this should not be a problem: the supported formats (MP4, AVI, or MOV) are also the most famous. However, always better to check in the manufacturer’s directions.
Is the Image Quality of The Projector Good?
Today, practically all portable projectors offer Full HD image quality. The models we have shown you in the Ranking all support this resolution, but some clarifications are still needed.
On the one hand, it must be taken into account that, typically, a portable projector does not have image quality as good as a traditional projector. In fact, many times, the resolution must be sacrificed in favor of mobility and design.
On the other hand, then, most projectors do not even come close to the quality of modern screens and televisions. The main advantage of a portable projector lies in the price because with a relatively cheap device, and it is possible to reproduce a much larger image.
Portable projectors are a fundamental device if you want to always bring the cinema with you or if you’re going to watch a football match with friends.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the perfect projector for your needs. In the following section, we are going to show you the main criteria to be sure of making a profitable purchase.
- Dimensions and weight
- Image quality
Dimensions and Weight
An excellent portable projector must be, among other things, easy to transport: therefore, it must be small and light. The projectors that we proposed to you in the Ranking do not exceed 30 centimeters in width and are easily transportable: try to opt for a model that has these measures.
As for weight, some models do not exceed 4 kg, but it is always better to opt for a model that weighs a maximum of one or 2 kg. To decide on this aspect, you need to know precisely how often you are going to carry the projector.
This factor will significantly influence the audiovisual experience. Many of the portable projectors offer Full HD quality, while others stop at HD. Also, it is essential to know that portable projectors cannot provide the same video quality as modern monitors and televisions.
Technological progress has brought about a great revolution in connection options. Today, projectors, even portable ones, have multiple ports that allow them to be connected to computers, consoles, DVD players, smartphones, and tablets. Some models have HDMI, AV, VGA, and USB outputs, and not all are sold with the cables necessary for connection.
For this reason, the manufacturer’s indications regarding connection to other devices should be checked. Also, some portable projectors are equipped with Bluetooth technology, which is very useful if you want to play images or videos from your smartphone.
When buying a portable projector, you must keep in mind the use you are going to make of it: this device is perfect for watching movies and TV series, playing video games or watching sports events.
Also, don’t forget the usefulness of projectors when it comes to viewing photos or text presentations. You must also pay attention to the frequency with which you will go to transport it.
Some projectors have a design specifically designed to facilitate their transport, but this factor compromises other characteristics, such as image quality. Hence, it is essential to find a model whose parameters are in perfect balance.
Most models are equipped with a system for reproducing sounds, but usually, the quality is not the best: in these cases, it is better to connect the device to external speakers or use headphones.
If, on the other hand, you connect the projector to a computer or a television, you can have the sound reproduced by the latter.
If at the end of the 19th century I had told the Lumière brothers, the fathers of the cinema, that in 2019 you would have been able to enjoy the seventh art from the comfort of your home, they would have taken you for a fool. Instead, portable projectors were born!
Thanks to this device, you can watch your favorite TV series and movies practically anywhere. Don’t forget to find the perfect combination of size and performance, including image quality. After that, you just have to choose the device to connect enjoy!