In this new guide on supplements, we will deal with a very topical topic: the use of probiotics. These supplements can be found in the supermarket, pharmacy, herbalists and are often recommended for people suffering from intestinal disorders, such as abdominal bloating and flatulence. Do you know how they really work?
Probiotics promise to restore the balance of the microbial “flora” of people under stress, who follow inadequate diets or who abuse antibiotics. However, these supplements are particularly delicate and require some knowledge to be used successfully.
Here we had listed out the 11 best probiotics that are present below.
- 60 Billion Cfus Max Strength: Our probiotic actually contains 60 Billion Cfus per serving. Other brands claim it, but beware of deception. Some products say "equivalent to" or do not state an amount of Cfus. We saw a need for high-quality supplements that actually work and stand by their claims. Our most popular probiotic brings you exactly what's on the label with 10 probiotic strains, 60 Billion Cfu, and an organic prebiotic blend.
- Probiotics and Organic Prebiotics: Our Doctor-Approved probiotics are made with prebiotics and probiotics based on clinical research. A complete probiotic supplement for ultimate digestive health. Made with 10 probiotic strains & premium grade professional grade Non-Gmo ingredients. Shelf-stable vegan probiotics with No: unnecessary binders, soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, shellfish or preservatives.
- Naturally Inspired Probiotic Supplement: Contains 10 strains plus a Patented Shelf-Stable bottle which ensures product stability. Our probiotic daily blend plus organic prebiotic fiber blend naturally helps to support the stomach's digestive environment and supports the natural stomach balance. Great for gut health, and occasional gas relief, bloating relief, constipation, digestive health and intestinal health.
- Best Probiotics for Adults: Our prebiotics and probiotics are effective and intended for use by adults. Acidophilus probiotic with prebiotic including 10 strains: Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14), Lactobacillus casei (Lc-11), Lactobacillus paracasei (Lpc-37), Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33), Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115), Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04), Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-02), Bifidobacterium longum (Bl-05), Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03), Lactobacillus bulgaricus (Lb-87).
- Safety Assured Standard of Quality: Our 60 Billion Probiotic is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients. Our probiotics are made for women and men. They contain 60 Billion Cfus at the time of manufacturing, more than the usual 50 Billion Cfu, plus our standard organic prebiotic blend!
- No Risk Guarantee - Beware of probiotics that claim or use deceptive advertising. Buy with confidence with a Money Back Guarantee - no questions asked! If for some reason our product doesn't work for you, you'll get your money back - Simple as that!
- 900 Billion CFU Maximum Strength - Our proprietary strain allows your body to digest the enzymes more effectively than other brands, bypassing stomach acids for the best absorption into the intestines.
- Highest Quality - Made in the USA in a state of the start, strict and safe GMP Certified Lab in Florida for Maximum quality and safety! Buy with confidence.
- Digestive Health - The best quality Acidophilus Probiotic Supplement that Increases Calcium Absorption for Bone Density, Supports More Vitamin Production, and Supports a healthy digestive system. Fights off the bad bacteria present in the GI Tract that helps with Energy levels and digestive health. 100% organic and gluten free.
- Best Probiotics - All-Natural, Gluten & Dairy Free with No Refrigeration required! Safe and Natural probiotic Made in the USA, with No chemicals, preservatives, fillers, binders, or blenders. Strains are Guaranteed potent until expiration, providing maximum effectiveness!
- ★MADE IN NEW YORK, USA★ NewRhythm 50 Billion Probiotics is made in a Facility Based in New York, USA. Our Facility is GMP Certificated , which Represent the Highest Level of Technology, Quality Purity and Consistence.
- 50 BILLION 20 STRAINS TARGETED RELEASE FORMULA NewRhythm 50 Billion Probiotics Capsules is Scientifically Backed Proven, Formulated by Doctor with 50 Billion Living Organisms Per Serving, Featuring Targeted Release Technology to Help Probiotics Survive Stomach Acids and Reach Your Intestinal Track. Prebiotics Fiber is also Included In the Formula.
- POTENT AND PURE FOR YOUR DIGESTIVE HEALTH AND IMMUNE HEALTH*¡ï Our All Natural Probiotics Provides Support For the Establishment and Maintenance of Favorable Intestinal Flora. Gives You Powerful Support for Healthy Digestion and Balanced Intestinal Ecology. Our Products are Shelf Stable that Does NOT Require Refrigeration
- 100% NATURAL, NON-GMO, GLUTEN FREE NewRhythm 50 Billion Probiotics is Formulated with 100% Natural Ingredients and Independently Tested in 3rd Party Labs in USA. Our Turmeric Supplement is Verified NON-GMO, Gluten Free and Verified Free of Sugar, Soy, Yeast, Egg, Wheat, Corn, Peanuts, Fish, Shellfish, Magnesium Stearate, Artificial Ingredients, Fillers, Binders, Preservatives.
- 100% SATISFACTION OR 100% MONEY BACK, GUARANTEED. We stand behind our products with confidence. If in anyway you are not completely satisfied with our products, please let us know in 30 days, we will give you 100% money back.
- 11 POWERFUL STRAINS: Complete Probiotics Platinum by 1MD features a doctor-formulated blend of the 11 bacterial strains, including Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium, shown to provide the greatest overall benefit to your digestive health for both men and women.*
- 51 BILLION CFUS PER CAPSULE: Live, colony-forming units of bacteria are crucial to the effectiveness of your probiotics supplement. 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum features a whopping amount of CFUs to ensure you get the most effective supplement possible.
- 1 DAILY CAPSULE: Our vegetarian capsules are powerful enough to work with just one a day, but they also are designed for delayed release, meaning the important probiotic bacteria they contain aren’t lost in stomach acid before they can reach the gut and start improving digestive health. On top of that, each capsule contains nourishing prebiotic fiber to ensure the bacteria remain alive and well.*
- IMPROVED DIGESTION: Probiotics have been shown in numerous clinical studies to improve digestion by helping balance the beneficial bacteria living within your gut. These bacteria help you digest food, meaning a correct balance can help with nutrient absorption and much more.*
- IMMUNE BOOST: Your digestive system is the basis of every health system in your body. When you improve your digestion, it can create a ripple effect throughout the body, which can include immune and cognitive boosts.*
- Patented delay-release probiotics formula - this 40 billion cfu (colony-forming units) probiotic supplement is formulated with an exclusive stomach acid protection and delivery system, which allows probiotic strains to survive stomach acid and reach deep into the small intestine to support a healthy gut, which many other probiotics can’t do; this advanced strength probiotics formula can even reach your large intestine for maximum absorption and digestive health benefits
- Professional grade & developed by doctors - These industry leading capsules are formulated with a patented combination of probiotic strains and CFU’s containing lactobacillus acidophilus plantarum paracasei and bifidobacterium lactis among others
- Digestive health & immune system support - Replenish the beneficial bacteria to improve digestive and immune health, support more vitamin production and promote daily relief
- Dairy & gluten free, no refrigeration required & made in USA - This unique probiotic supplement is manufactured in the US following strict GMP guidelines. Every batch is third party tested to ensure the ingredients are safe, pure and potent
- Guaranteed potency until expiration date - Beware of probiotic supplements that don't guarantee potency all the way to expiration as strains can be dead by the time you buy the probiotic. BioSchwartz probiotics guarantees that strains will be ready to work through expiration
- Digestion support: This once daily probiotic supplement contains lactobaccilus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria for digestive health and constipation relief
- Probiotics for women: Specially formulated probiotic for a women's specific health needs contains L. Reuteri and L. Fermentum for vaginal health
- Immune support: This dietary supplement has 50 billion CFU and 16 probiotics for immune system health
- Shelf stable probiotics: This 50 billion probiotics supplement comes in 30, one daily capsule; no refrigeration required
- Hypoallergenic probiotic: Our probiotic is dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and vegetarian
- 60 Billion CFU, Developed by Doctors: Our Non-GMO maximum strength supplement was formulated by Doctors - 60 Billion CFU and 10 scientifically proven strains in each capsule to provide you with immune system support, digestive health, intestinal health. Research has shown that probiotics can be a natural way to improve mental health and mood too!
- Organic Prebiotics + Probiotics: We’ve included Organic Prebiotic Complex which acts as “food” for the good bacteria and probiotics in your system which is great for leaky gut, gas relief, constipation, and even weight loss. Probiotics and prebiotics with powerful digestive enzymes - this is the ultimate digestive formula, and the only one you’ll need!
- Plus Digestive Enzymes: Our all-natural probiotic supplement contains 10 super-charged strains including Lactobacillus acidophilus & Bifidobacterium lactis. That’s not all - we’ve specifically added digestive enzymes to help break down proteins, fats & carbs, which facilitate better nutrient absorption. Every bottle is shelf stable - no refrigeration required! By using patented EMBO Caps, the probiotic is protected from stomach acid & bile so it’ll reach the intestinal tract where it’s needed.
- Pure Quality, Optimal Results: At Purely Optimal, our mission is to help people live longer, happier, and healthier lives. Each product is made in the USA in a GMP certified facility and is 3rd party lab tested. We stand behind our product’s safety and quality and if you’re not satisfied with the product for any reason, let us know and we’ll make it right.
- Helping Families, Changing Lives: When children are given the chance to grow up healthy, they have the chance to dream; to live with the potential to chase every opportunity because they’re physically and mentally fit. Every purchase of a Purely Optimal product contributes to life-saving vitamins and minerals for children and mothers in need through our partnership with Vitamin Angels. By choosing Purely Optimal, you’re choosing to make a difference!
- Digestion support: This 100 billion CFU once daily probiotic supplement contains Lactobacillus acidophilus, paracasei, brevis, and bulgaricus as well as Bifidobacterium (Bifidobacteria) lactis and longum to support digestive health
- Immune support: 100 billion CFU and 34 probiotic strains to support immune system health
- Cleansing support: Replenish beneficial bacteria during your cleanse with 34 naturally diverse whole food strains
- Digestive enzyme supplement: Delivers probiotic created vitamins, minerals, and prebiotics as well as protein digesting enzymes. Our probiotic supplement is raw, gluten free, and vegetarian with no binders, no fillers, no carriers, and no soy allergens
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE – Culturelle Digestive Health Daily Probiotic Capsules are powered Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG). LGG is the proven effective and clinically studied probiotic strain. LGG helps your digestive system work better.
- DAILY DIGESTIVE HEALTH * – LGG is naturally sourced and scientifically proven to work in harmony with your body to keep your digestive system in balance.* Helps with occasional digestive upset; including diarrhea, gas and bloating.* For daily use, take 1 vegetarian capsule per day
- NO REFRIGERATION REQUIRED –Every package of Culturelle meets the highest standards for purity and potency when consumed - not just when we make it. To preserve the billions of CFU’s (colony-forming units) in your Culturelle, store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE – Over 1,000 scientific studies and 30 years of research have demonstrated the safety and efficacy of LGG probiotics. Culturelle is vegetarian and contains no gluten≠, milk, soy, wheat or preservatives
- PROBIOTIC POWER – The doctors that discovered LGG found that it is strong enough to survive stomach acids and successfully set up shop in the intestines
- No Refrigeration Required
- DIGESTION SUPPORT: This 50 billion CFU probiotic supplement contains L. reuteri, Lactobaccilus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria for digestive health and constipation relief
- PROBIOTIC WITH CRANBERRY: Contains organic pacran cranberry powder and whole food vitamin D3 for urinary tract support
- IMMUNE SUPPORT: This dietary supplement has 50 billion CFU and 16 probiotic strains for immune system health
- SHELF STABLE PROBIOTICS: This 50 billion probiotic comes in 60 capsules; no refrigeration required HYPOALLERGENIC PROBIOTIC: Our probiotics supplement is dairy free, gluten free, soy free, vegetarian, and made with over 70 percent organic ingredients
- 24/7 DIGESTIVE SUPPORT. Align Probiotic Supplement, for men and women, naturally helps with occasional abdominal discomfort, gas, and bloating. One capsule a day, taken with or without food, helps to maintain your digestive system’s natural balance
- #1 GASTROENTEROLOGIST RECOMMENDED PROBIOTIC for 12 years in a row. Align Probiotic is recommended more often by Gastroenterologists and Doctors than any other probiotics brand
- EFFECTIVE STRAIN discovered by Gastroenterologists and backed by over 20 years of research. Align contains the probiotic strain, Bifidobacterium 35624, which works naturally to supplement your digestive system with good bacteria
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED, OR YOUR MONEY BACK. Align Probiotic Supplement is heat-foil seal wrapped to ensure survivability, and each lot is DNA tested to ensure effective levels of Bifidobacterium 35624
- THERE’S MORE TO PROBIOTICS THAN JUST BILLIONS OF CFUs. Align is formulated with high quality ingredients and contains an effective level of CFUs and live cultures. Align Probiotics are gluten free, soy-free, vegetarian, and no refrigeration is required
Buyer Guide to Choose Probiotics
Which and How Many?
Probiotics are living microorganisms that exert a positive effect on the health of the person, strengthening the intestinal ecosystem. They can be found directly in food or can be taken in the form of supplements, to make your immune system even more valid.
Since the intestinal bacterial flora colonizes with the first feed, when you are newborn, its constitution is very subjective: for this reason, it is good to choose a multipurpose probiotic, which contains many different strains.
Only in this way will you be sure to integrate the missing ones and that the unsuitable ones will be repressed by your immune system.
In the same way, it is good to opt for supplements that contain very high dosages (we are talking about billions and not millions), given that the percentage of bacteria that manages to survive and reach the intestine is less than 40%.
If you are used to comparing prices, you always want to make a purchase that takes into account your wallet. Then consider that taking probiotics for a week or two will not solve the situation: the cure must last at least a month.
For such a short time, the share of microorganisms that would reach the colon would not be enough to give it the right amount.
In addition to adding them to normal nutrition, it is good to use them in conditions where the body is subjected to stress: when taking antibiotics, for urinary tract infections, for irritable bowel syndrome and candida.
In particular, it is good to focus on lactobacilli in case of diarrhoea caused precisely by antibiotic therapy, while on bifidobacteria for other gastrointestinal disorders not due to external factors.
These supplements should not be ingested with hot liquids, which would cause them to die before they reach the intestine. They must also be taken on an empty stomach to prevent gastric juices from interfering with their composition.
Who is vegan may not want to take substances derived from milk: no problem, because on the market they are also present in the lactose-free variant, to meet the needs of all users.
If you are undecided between one brand and another, consulting the reviews of other buyers can be helpful in understanding which format and type is best suited to your situation.
The number of active strains inside the capsules has 50 billion lactic ferments and, considering that one billion UFC is enough to produce results, the quantity contained in this product is definitely above average.
You won’t have to be afraid to spend a few euros more, but considering the reviews left by users with a verified purchase, these probiotics are among the best on the market. Made in the UK, they are GMO-free and rich in beneficial enzymes to rebalance the intestinal flora.
For Vegans and Gluten-Free
A great advantage of these lactic ferments consists of being suitable also for vegans and intolerant to gluten and soy, therefore a versatile product that adapts to all needs. They are also free of artificial colours and flavours and without the addition of yeasts.
One capsule a day for a month of treatment and the results are seen and heard, according to what users who have tried them declare.
They strengthen the immune system and support the proper functioning of the bacterial flora, alleviating ailments such as colitis or gastritis. Their intake is also indicated after antibiotic treatments.
Good Value for Money
We have said that they are not the cheapest probiotics on the market, but considering the high dosage of ferments derived from different strains within them and the composition of the product.
We value their value for money very well. Inside the bottle, there are 30 capsules that allow treatment of about a month, therefore sufficient for those who do not have big needs. On the contrary, if you need a longer cure you will have to buy two or more boxes according to your needs.
How to Use Probiotics?
Probiotics are microorganisms capable of promoting the balance of the intestinal bacterial flora, helping to prevent gastrointestinal disorders, with numerous beneficial effects on the immune system.
Commonly known as lactic ferments, they are already present in our intestine from the first months of life, thanks to breast milk that contributes to the formation of the intestinal microflora of the newborn.
They are also contained in many fermented milk-based foods (such as yoghurt, kefir, cheese, sourdough, etc.) and also available in the form of supplements whose intake, often associated with pharmacological treatments, helps to combat all those symptoms caused by attack of pathogens.
What They Are for And when To Take Them?
Probiotic-based therapy is especially useful for strengthening the immune system and for treating multiple diseases, such as constipation, diarrhoea, excess cholesterol, intestinal swelling, cystitis, and so on.
By virtue of the fact that the bacterial flora of each individual has different characteristics depending on genetics, lifestyle or nutrition, it is always better to seek advice from your pharmacist or family doctor, who will be able to show you the product suitable for the symptoms that you present.
In addition, it is advisable to always take them on an empty stomach, so that they do not undergo excessive alterations caused by gastric acids, and for a period of at least three weeks, to guarantee the body sufficient quantity to obtain the necessary benefits.
If probiotics are already naturally present in our body, why should we take supplements?
In reality, modern lifestyles, associated with poor nutrition, often lead to the destruction of a good part of the “good” bacteria present in our intestine, making it necessary to reintegrate them through specific products in the form of capsules, ampoules or sachets.
These supplements are particularly recommended during antibiotic and cortisone therapies, since many drugs significantly alter the balance of the intestinal bacterial flora, causing additional symptoms to be added to those of the flu, such as joint pain or diarrhoea.
However, these supplements can also be used simply to strengthen their immune defences, thus preventing seasonal influences and other common ailments, such as fatigue, abdominal bloating and constipation.
Which to Buy
In recent years, science has made significant progress in the field of food supplements, so much so that many products with different characteristics and benefits are available on the market today.
First of all, it is always good to opt for multi-purpose products, that is, containing different species of bacteria, so as to always be sure to ingest the strains that are missing from our intestines; and which contain a number of microorganisms of not less than one billion CFU (colony-forming units).
It is also important that the bacilli are able to overcome the gastrointestinal barrier and that they are able to survive the action of any bactericidal drugs (if the supplements are taken during or immediately after antibiotic therapy), thus arriving intact in the intestine, without losing their properties.
Finally, probiotics must be available in bottles or packages that favour their natural storage conditions and, before taking them, it is good practice to carefully read the package leaflet, which must always be available inside the package.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Probiotics and What Do They Do?
Probiotics are nothing but bacteria defined as “good”, that is, capable of helping and rebalancing the intestinal flora.
Their main function is to reduce phenomena such as abdominal bloating, speed up digestion and even strengthen the immune defences thanks to their resistance to gastric acid and bile juices, which are used to break down food.
In Which Foods Are Probiotics Found?
If you do not want to take medicines that contain probiotics, you can include foods that contain them naturally in your diet.
Among these are mainly oriental foods that go through a period of fermentation which leads to the development of such bacteria as kombu tea, seaweed consumed in China and Japan with a very strong flavour but considered a real cure-all or even miso, a fermented paste soy-based, usually used for making soups.
In Europe too, however, we have some products, the result of fermentation, which contain probiotics, first of all, sauerkraut, deriving from the fermentation of cabbage.
Inserting these foods into your diet, without naturally exaggerating, can lead to benefits for the body and especially for your intestinal flora. Be careful though, if you have problems of a very serious nature it would still be better to contact your GP to discuss the issue in more depth.
What Is the Most Suitable Probiotic to Prevent and Treat Candida?
Candidiasis, commonly called candida, is a fungal infection that mainly affects women, causing vaginal mucosa disorders whose microflora is altered by the proliferation of the bacterium.
The best method to combat the infection is through a pharmacological treatment prescribed regularly by your doctor, however, this may be associated with an intake of probiotics that could prevent recurrence in the future.
The most effective way is not the oral one, in this case, but the application of capsules on the spot to make the lactobacilli act immediately.
When Should You Not Take Probiotics?
Probiotics can also have side effects, especially if you have allergies or intolerances of various kinds. In general, it would be better to avoid the casual intake of these microorganisms and always evaluate together with your doctor which strains and which doses to take.
In fact, only an expert in the medical sector can decide which are the cases in which it is necessary to adopt probiotics and which instead could cause more harm than good.
What Is the Difference Between Probiotics and Prebiotics?
Probiotics should not be confused with prebiotics at all, they are in fact two different things. The first are living microorganisms that already live in our body and are considered “good” bacteria, capable of rebalancing the intestine.
Prebiotics, on the other hand, are the elements necessary to guarantee the life of these bacteria, therefore they are found on the market in the form of supplements or even in various foods such as dried fruit, garlic and legumes.
If you do not have intestinal problems, it is good to introduce a right source of prebiotics into your diet, in this way you will give support to the bacteria of your body without necessarily having to take probiotics.