The soccer ball cannot be considered just an accessory. Its importance is undeniable, and if you intend to play this sport, at whatever level you do it, you must know how to choose a suitable one. It must be regulatory, ideal for the surface where you will play, and you must consider many other features that we will explain to you along with this guide.
On the market, there are many types of soccer balls, which do not differ from each other only for the colors. If you are not sure which one to buy, don’t think you’re the only one!
We will help you find out which are the best soccer balls on the market, but we will also give you much other useful information to make you make an informed purchase that you will not regret. Here we will be listing the top 8 best soccer balls.
- For soccer purists, The Traditional is the first choice for the backyard, street or pitch. This machine-sewn ball has the classic black and white panel design and performance for any and every match.
- Synthetic leather cover for increased durability
- Butyl rubber bladder for excellent air and shape retention
- Traditional panel graphics with silver ACcents
- Recreational use
- A hard-wearing ball for scrimmages.
- Club football
- Butyl bladder for best air retention
- Ball comes deflated
- Indoor/outdoor size 5 soccer ball - recommended for ages 12 and up
- 4 ply soft touch PU synthetic leather cover for added softness
- Air lock butyl bladder for exceptional air and shape retention during regular play
- Machine stitched panels for added quality and durability with a 1-year unconditional guarantee against all defects.
- Color: Blue/Black/White
- SIX PACK: A much better bargain per ball and the most popular choice for parents, coaches, camps, schools, and anyone tired of chasing after one ball
- PREMIER TRAINING BALLS: Machine stitched construction with internal butyl bladder for sustained performance and long lasting durability
- SYNTHETIC LEATHER: Resists abrasions and provides optimum feel
- PERFORMANCE BALL: Great all around ball for training, scrimmages and games
- Composite leather cover for lasting durability
- Carcass windings for optimal shape retention
- Performance butyl bladder designed for balanced shape with consistent rebound and lasting air retention
- Size 5: Ages 13+
- Proper Inflation Level: 8-10 PSI
- Goldblatt, David (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 1008 Pages - 01/02/2008 (Publication Date) - Riverhead Books (Publisher)
- Soft Cover: The foam cushioning system gives these soccer balls a soft, responsive feel which will also take some of the sting out of vicious headers
- All Weather PVC Cover: The PVC ball covering makes this ball water resistant so you can be confident that your ball will weather The Storm
- Official sizes: Comes in sizes 3, 4, and 5 with precise stitching and official sizing so it can be used at all skill levels for training and skill building
- Long Lasting: Made with a high quality air retention bladder so you don’t have to worry about leaks or deflation
- Ready to Play: This single ball option ships fully pumped up, so you are ready to play as soon as it arrives
- 100% Polyurethane
- 100% Polyurethane
- Butyl bladder for best air retention
- FIFA Quality certified, Ball passed FIFA tests on circumference weight, rebound and water absorption
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Soccer Balls
Difficult to find an Italian who does not like football. In the end, the charm of kicking a ball can be truly irresistible. It is not said, however, that one is worth the other.
In fact, on the market, there are many models to choose from, each with its characteristics to check before proceeding with the purchase that we are going to see below. Before proceeding, we recommend comparing the prices of the products in the ranking so that you can make a good investment.
Indoor or Outdoor
Practitioners of the most loved sport in the world will know that the ball must adapt to the properties of the field where it is played.
Those who practice soccer in its purest form that is indoor will have to look for a controlled rebound ball so that they can develop actions on the ground with maximum precision.
If, on the other hand, you need a ball for the outdoors, it will be necessary to evaluate its resistance and control, especially for 11 or 7 pitches where long throws and compelling shots are made.
It is not said, however, that one must necessarily buy the ball of the best brand evaluating these characteristics, indeed to make two dribbles on the street or the beach, it is better to buy a light model so that you can have fun performing spectacular shots.
The soccer ball can be a beautiful gift for a child or a boy who is passionate about sports; for this reason, there are models with particular and captivating designs that are very pleasant to look at.
Numerous sports brands invent fantasies for their balls or perhaps creating them based on the most famous football teams. These models could have a higher price, especially if they are official replicas.
For a fan, however, there is nothing better than buying or receiving as a gift a ball from your favorite team, perhaps even to keep it in your room under the posters of your favorite players.
A ball whose primary purpose is to be kicked must necessarily be made of resistant materials; otherwise, after a couple of dangerous throws, it will pay its best regards and will deflate irreparably. For this reason, if you buy a ball to play assiduously on the pitch, you should hire a model with a reduced butyl inner tube.
This particular feature allows the ball to maintain its original shape even after many uses; it will also deflate less frequently. In general, we advise all readers to get a pump with a needle to immediately put the ball back in place without having to go to the gas station. Let’s now pass to the review of the products most appreciated by consumers.
Are you also fond of other sports? Then take a look at the recommended volleyballs and basketballs by clicking on the link.
Nike offers a soccer ball, non-professional, dedicated to our Serie A. The ball is available in the standard sizes, therefore from 3, devoted to Chicks, up to 5 for those over 15.
Although it is not the same type that we see taking football by the champions who play in the top flight of the Italian championship, there is a faithful reproduction of it.
The response to the field test is good, it bounces well and is controlled just as well. As a result of football, interesting trajectories are obtained which respond to the type of shot attempted. Then it is clear, here also the technique comes into play, which cannot be given by the ball itself.
The Nike ball has a reinforced rubber inner tube. The choice of graphics is not only an aesthetic question but has been designed to follow better the trajectory.
This feature is useful not only to the goalkeeper who must see the ball well but also to the players of movement, we think, for example, of a throw long on a soccer field. This will make it easier to follow the ball with your eyes.
As for the weight, it falls within the regulatory standards, but it is still a light ball; therefore, it is more subject to the wind and takes some strange trajectory than those that make the goalkeepers go broke.
Not Suitable for A Street Play
As for the materials, the ball is made mostly of rubber. The seams seem to be slightly firm, but such a ball must be used only on grass or at most clay to last a long time. Absolutely to avoid playing on the street because, in this case, it would take very little to ruin.
We do not believe, moreover, that the ball can be used during training, even in this case something more professional would be needed, at least as regards adults, while for the little ones it can also be beautiful. Ultimately it remains a ball to have fun with friends who can boast, all in all, a good quality/price ratio.