Swimming goggles are accessories that cannot be missing from your pool bag. As you already know, swimming is not necessary to spend a lot of money to buy everything: just a swimsuit, a cap suitable for water and goggles to protect the eyes. Of course, the quality of the materials can make a difference.
Goggles are essential when swimming, whether in the pool or in the open sea because chlorine and salt water can limit visibility and irritate the eyes. You will need swimming goggles that meet your specific needs, and in this guide, we will help you choose the best ones for you.
The swimming goggles we know today owe their origin to the famous “goggles,” used for the first time by Thomas Burgess to cross the English Channel in the 20th century. Since then, this sports accessory has undergone various changes and is increasingly technological.
Here are our top picks for the best swimming goggles on the market.
- Comfortable? Of Course! Flexible silicone frame and improved higher nosepiece provide extreme comfort that never hurt your nose or leave a mark on your face.
- Fog-up? No! The inner surfaces of the lenses are anti-fog coated by the latest Environmental Treatment Technology which enhances the anti-fog ability of the goggles and does no harm to your face.
- Leaking? No! Premium silicone material and Ergonomic design used on the goggles ensure a snug fit on different facial forms and never allows water leak in.
- Stylish look? Absolutely! The colorful outer surface of the lenses with UV-Protection coating which enables the lenses to reflect harmful UV rays and protect your eyes from heat and damage of the sunrays. With the fashionable color, we strongly believe that the goggles are high-fashion and will make you stand out of the crowd.
- High-Performence! Polycarbonate lenses stay strong even in the toughest conditions. Well-designed clasp make it easy to put goggles on and take off without pulling hair. Caution: customers who are allergic to silicone please don't buy this product.
- Why choose this set? Introductory Offer! Two sets for the price of one! You can own both clear and mirrored swim goggles. Clear are excellent for winter, night or indoor swimming and mirrored are perfect for sunlight. Two great colours to suit your mood or colour co-ordinate with your swimmers.
- Fog-up? No! The inner surfaces of the lenses are coated with the latest anti-fog Environmental Treatment Technology, that provides maximum anti-fog protection for your goggles, and is safe for your eyes and skin. Use our quality protective case to keep your googles looking brand new.
- Leaking? No! The specially manufactured Premium silicone material plus the Ergonomic design of the goggles ensures a snug fit on all face shapes, and STOPS annoying leaks.
- UV protection? Yes! The outer surfaces of the lenses are carefully coated to enable the lenses to filter out harmful rays, and protect your eyes from heat and damage of UV sunrays.
- Stylish look? Absolutely! Our fashionable colours, and our smooth sleek lines, create a sporty high-fashion look that will make you stand out in the crowd.
- 2 pack in case: Vorshape specially prepared 2 Pack Swim goggles for swimmers, which is a great gift for couples or family. You can choose the color you want and easily stored in the free protection boxes. Our stylish swim goggles will make you stand out in the crowd.
- UV protection: No worried about sunlight damage and blurry. UV protection coating on polycarbonate lenses can solve these problems. UV protection lenses reflect harmful sun rays, reduce glare, visual distortion, and soften brightness when swimming.
- Anti-fog & clear vision: The anti-fog coating on the lenses provide crystal clear underwater vision. Advanced anti-fog technology can enhance your swimming experience, making you enjoy a softer light version under the water.
- Comfortable & leak-proof :3D ergonomic double-layer gasket fit your eye socket without leaving a mark around the eye skin and hurting your eye, and also avoids water from seeping in. You can swim freely without distractions!
- Easy to adjust: The strap is easy to adjust between sizes and the quick release clasp on the back means you can fit them in seconds without getting them tangled in your hair. If you come across any problem while swimming, please contact us any time, we offer excellent customer service for all.
- Polarized Swimming Goggles - The polarized lenses will block 99% of intense glare from the sun or light reflecting off flat surfaces such as lakes and seas, ensuring a better eye protection for outdoor swimming, triathlon, surfing, kayaking and other water sports.
- Comfortable - Premuim & Adjustable non-slip silicone strap and flexible nose bridge allow the swim goggle to fit any face shape, super-soft silicone gaskets distribute the pressure evenly around your eyes and provide an extreme comfort that never hurt your nose or leave a mark on your face.
- Advanced Anti-fog Design - Finish fog-free with the advanced anti-fog treatment technology to stop the lenses from becoming steamy and offer you excellent visibility to focus on swimming under water.
- Professional Leak-proof & UV Protection - Ergonomic design with 3D frame ensures a perfect fit and never allows water leak in to protect your eyes from irritation. OMID swim goggles are constructed with 100% UV protection to filter out harmful rays, which will bring you worry-free, crystal clear swims every time.
- 180° Wide View & Easy Adjustment - Curved Lens technology offers 180° wide field of vision with exceptional hydrodynamics. Quick-fit buckle for perfect fit with simple one-touch - Even while wearing.
- Anti-Fog: Lenses resist fogging for clear underwater vision
- UV Protection: Protects your eyes from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Mirrored Lens: Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Wide panoramic lens for extended view
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 2.2 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 7.5 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 4.5 Inches
- PVC Frame & Silicone Strap with Speed Fit Headstrap System
- Swim Goggle for Adult: Comfort First! No matter in the water or on the shore. The Braylin wider vision swim goggles suitable for men & women or youth over 15 years old. Available in several different colorful lenses and frame options.
- Adult Friendly & Family Assured: Soft Silicone frame make sure safety first. These goggles features a soft frame that provides extra safety in case of Swimming diving or sea surfing, compared to a harder frame.
- No Leaking & Waterproof: The swimming goggle to ensure that they are suitable for different facial shapes and never allows water leak in; Impact-resistant PC lenses provide higher waterproof performance, reduce the pressure around the eyes and let you enjoy swimming.
- 100% UV Protection: 100% ANTI-UV lens on all ski goggles lenses. Tinted lens to protect the eyes from the sun, Increased depth of field and reduced glare. Let yourself or family have full funny enjoy swimming.
- Easy to Wear & Anti Fog: The snap button design can realize fast wearing, and elastic strap make sure allows the user to adjust to the most comfortable position. The swim goggles's inside mirror have the property of diffusing and absorbing moisture, so it can prevent the generation of fog and increase the clarity of field of vision.
- COMPACT AND COMFORTABLE: Moderate gaskets fit for a wide range of faces. With a less restricting feel around eye sockets, it offers high degree of comfort and forms a solid seal so you never have to worry about water seeping in or red itchy eyes
- No Leaking, Ergonomic completely sealed silicone protective circle design prevent water from entering your goggles
- SUPER COMFORT - Comfortable, headband is made of soft and elastic silicon, Adjustable headband ,Easy quick release design
- ANTI FOG&UV PROTECTION - Each lens is carefully coated with the optimal amount of advanced anti-fog so that can offer you a clear and long distant view under water swimming.The outer surfaces mirrored coating lenses with UVA/UVB protection which can help protect your eyes from being hurt by UV and bright lights.Convenience for you both indoor and outdoor swimming
- 100% LIFETIME MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you are not 100% THRILLED with your purchase, we'll gladly refund every cent.
- [Special Polarized Lens] - ZIONOR swim goggles featured with polarized lens, provides better eyes protection against harmful UV rays and lights, restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light, for outdoor swimming, surfing, kayaking and other water related sports
- [Comfortable Wearing] - This swimming goggles come with soft and flexible silicone gasket, adjustable split head strap, TPR ergonomic nose bridge, provides excellent suction and ensure non-slip coverage, that is designed to fit a wider range of face shapes for both women and men
- [Anti-fog and Leakproof] - The polarized swim goggles also feature an enhanced anti-fog technology that can ensure clear vision and protect your eyes, the 3D double seal frame provides excellent fit and water resistance, making them great for both indoor and outdoor training
- [Panoramic Clear Vision] - The swim goggles made with curved and HD lenses, provides better light transmission, allow for better clarity and enhanced unobstructed peripheral vision under water. You can enjoy swimming without any obstacles and stay safe at all times
- [Solid and Durable] - ZIONOR swim goggles are made of premium silicone and polycarbonate. Silicone frame is pretty durable, soft and flexible. Polycarbonate lenses are resistant to cracking and not easily deformed
- High Definition Polarization - Polarized swimming goggles with polarized film coated lenses, can properly block 99.99% of the sun's glare and reduce the interference caused by light, keeping true color and clear vision to protect your eyes better for outdoor/indoor swimming sports.
- Anti-Fog Design - The swim goggles inner wall of the lens is treated with advanced technology of anti-fog coating, water vapor cannot be formed on the lens, making it effectively and continuously fog-free and keeping the vision clear under water for kids.
- Leak-Proof & Uv Protection - 3D double seal silicone frame provides high efficiency waterproof and good adsorption, ensuring the eye socket better fit without leakage. YAKAON swim goggles have 100% UV protection to ensure the reduction of UV damage to the eyes.
- High-Quality & Easy Adjustment - Non-slip silicone gaskets and flexible nosepiece bridge make the swim goggles to fit any face shape that evenly disperse the pressure around the eyes and never hurt your nose or leave marks on your face for children to wear for a long time. Double side concealed buckle easy to adjust the design,swim goggles can freely adjust the lacing tightness without taking off.
- 180°Extended Field Of Vision - Curved lens technology for swim goggles provides swimmers with a 180° panoramic visual experience and flawless clarity, allowing for a wider underwater view and more visibility.
- G.O. FIT System: Middle eye fit offers a comfortable fit for a wide range of faces
- The gasket rests within the eye orbital with a less constricting feel
- Mirrored finish helps reduce brightness and glare; Ideal for outdoor us
- One-piece soft frame for added comfort
- Low profile frame.Split silicone straps.Anti-fog and UV Protection.PVC and latex free.Adult Size – fit most 14 plus years and older
- 【180°degree extra-large visual field】 Better vision, side vision, other masks can not provide visual experience, better enjoy the underwater world
- 【Safety reinforced anti-fog lens】 The lens is strengthened with polycarbonate to increase the anti-fog treatment, which has a good impact resistance, anti-fall performance is higher than toughened glass, UV resistance, can better protect the eyes
- 【No leakage】 The skirt side of the mask adopts soft food-grade liquid silicone and double-layer waterproof design, which can prevent leakage and not compress the face
- 【Easy to adjust】 adjustment buckle easy to adjust with one hand. With elastic silicone belt, more comfortable to wear
- 100% satisfaction policy, each meets strict QC standards before shipment. If there is any problem with this diving mask, please contact our AQUA DIVE after-sales service team, we will reply you as soon as possible, and we can provide free replacement, or even a full refund if you are not satisfied.
Everything You Need to Know About Swimming Goggles
There are many types of swimming goggles on the market. There are specific models for swimming in sea water and in the pool, with different characteristics. It is very important to look at the type of lens and the materials with which the glasses are made. Endurance or comfort will depend on this, among other things. Keeping your swimming goggles in good condition is also up to you. It is necessary to periodically clean them, avoid scratching the lenses, or straining the straps.
If you want to alternate outdoor swimming with swimming in the pool, opt for photometric goggle models, with a variable protection from sunlight according to the external light. There are essential accessories when you want to practice a water sport, among these, are swimming goggles.
On the market, you will find a wide range of models, so it will be useful to read this article as much as possible before buying it.
What Exactly Are Swimming Goggles?
Also called “goggles,” they are glasses specially designed so that the swimmer can see underwater and keep his eyes protected, both from chlorine and from salt water. Swimming goggles are an essential element in competitions, but also for beginners and for those who swim with passion.
If you suffer from nearsightedness or other vision problems, you should use corrective swimming goggles. They have a higher price, but they are a necessary investment if you want to swim assiduously and safely.
What Types of Swimming Goggles Are There on The Market?
It is not the same thing to swim in the open sea or in the pool or to swim as a beginner or an experienced swimmer. The different models of swimming goggles are very different, depending on their shape.
Monobloc or a fixed bridge: The bridge is not adjustable; for this reason, they are called “fixed bridge,” and only the straps can be adjusted. They allow wide visibility. If you don’t have a very pronounced nose, they are ideal because they adapt well to any face. They are very comfortable because they usually incorporate a silicone bridge, but you have to find a suitable one and, if you have very pronounced facial features, it may not be easy.
Adjustable bridge: The bridge has several tabs, to adapt to the shape of your face. Once adapted to your face, it is not recommended to adjust it often, to avoid wear.
Interchangeable bridge: They include various types of interchangeable bridges, hence their name. The lenses are independent of each other, although they are framed in a fixed plastic structure. You have to adapt the bridge of the nose through an adjustable cable. They are used a lot in competition for their hydrodynamic shape.
Mask or without bridge: They are similar to diving goggles and have very large lenses and a frame. They are suitable for beginners and open water swimming because they better protect against any type of hit or collision. They have silicone on the edges and in the adjustable area of the face.
Lenses of Swimming Goggles
The lenses of swimming goggles are a crucial element in choosing the model that best suits your needs. Depending on the type of swimming you practice, you will need a specific model, for example, more suitable for swimming or diving. In the following table we summarize which are the most used models and for what use they are indicated:
Mirror and polarized: For extremely bright conditions. They are suitable for swimming in open water. They are very used in triathlon.
Transparent: They are suitable for both open and inland waters. They are particularly recommended for swimming at night or on very foggy days.
Colored: They are normally used in swimming pools, and the most common are blue or yellow.
How Should Swimming Goggles Be Cleaned?
If you want to keep swimming goggles in good condition, you will need to follow our instructions. First of all, never touch the lenses with your fingers, to avoid leaving greasy fingerprints difficult to remove. There are, however, also other problems to which attention must be paid to keep the glasses in excellent condition.
Pull out the straps. If this is not possible, mix water and dish-washing liquid and clean the straps gently. If you can remove them, proceed with maintenance without the lenses. Once you are finished exercising, rinse your swimming goggles with cold tap water to remove any chlorine or salt.
What Kind of Material Is Most Suitable for Sealing Swimming Goggles?
Sealing is the part of the goggles that prevents water from coming into contact with the eyes, so it is an essential aspect to consider. During the 70s of the last century, swimming goggles were sealed with foam, but they were easily damaged and did not guarantee sealing.
Foam sealant. They are the most comfortable, they leave no traces on the face, but tend to lose traction over time.
Silicone sealant. It has a slight smell, which, however, disappears with time. It can leave marks on the face after prolonged use.
Below you will find a summary of the most important characteristics of the various types of glasses, to get all the information without having to leave the house:
Open waters Pool: Monobloc glasses with mirror glass to avoid reflections or darkened glasses to protect the eyes. For use in an air-conditioned swimming pool, the best lenses are transparent, and the goggles must have a fixed or monobloc bridge.
UVA and UVB protection: For non-air conditioned pools, you can choose swimming goggles according to your tastes, even if you have to take into consideration other aspects that we will see in the purchase criteria, such as anti-fog protection, among other things.
As you have previously seen in the article, it is important to consider a few criteria before deciding which swimming goggles to buy. You have to be clear on the type of swimming you want to practice, and from there, you can look for the ideal water goggles for you. The other aspects you should consider are the following:
Type of Goggles and Frequency of Use
If you devote yourself to diving or swimming in the open sea, it is a good idea to opt for mask-type swimming goggles. If you participate in competitions, even if they are smaller, you should choose a Swedish-type swimming goggles. Keep in mind that each discipline has its particularities, to buy the swimming goggles that best suit your needs.
Swimming goggles must also be chosen based on your level and frequency of sport. It is not the same thing to be a beginner or a professional swimmer with many hours of swimming behind him. Below we show you the goggles you will need based on your skills and frequency of use:
Occasional swimmer: Opt for swimming goggles that fit easily, with a silicone seal around the eyes often enough. You can also choose a mask type, for that broad view.
Regular swimmer: Try to buy comfortable glasses with a good bridge. Also, don’t forget about UV protection if you swim outside.
Professional or competitive swimmer: Choose polycarbonate lenses because they last longer and offer greater impact resistance.
If you choose a model with a double strap, you will have greater stability in high speed. Also, if you are looking for performance and comfort, opt for Swedish customizable glasses and with a removable nose bridge.
Measurement and Lens Color
If you don’t have time to go to a shop to choose swimming goggles, opt for a one-size-fits-all model, where you can adjust the straps and nose bridge, if you have a small face or the product is for a child, choose an “S” size. In any case, manufacturers usually provide instructions in this regard.
As we said earlier, if you swim outdoors, it is important to choose polarized or dark lenses, to avoid reflections and protect your eyes from the sun. If you swim in the pool, the best choice is transparent lenses and, if the pool has closed parts and open parts, it would be better to opt for photochromic lenses, which darken according to the external brightness.
This element is very important because it naturally contributes to the longevity of swimming goggles. Most of the glasses on the market are made of polycarbonate, an extremely impact-resistant material. The glasses of this type are unbreakable and can, therefore, be transported without the risk of breaking them; moreover, this feature also makes them safer to use. Normal polycarbonate can also be replaced by optical grade, a type of polycarbonate that is particularly resistant and specifically designed to be used for lenses of different types. occhialini da nuoto lenti blu
Currently, the market mainly offers polycarbonate lenses, for its greater strength and durability, and silicone gaskets, which guarantee excellent durability and waterproofing.
One of the most common complaints among swimmers concerns the fogging of swimming goggles. For this reason, it is important to choose a product that guarantees anti-fog protection, even if this often does not last more than a few months, after which it will be necessary to treat the goggles with a specific liquid. To make a good purchase, we recommend that you pay attention to other buyers’ comments.
Sometimes we don’t pay attention to small details, but swimming without eye protection can create many problems for our eyes. This is because the water is full of bacteria, saltpeter, or chlorine in the case of swimming pools, which can damage eyesight and cause more or less serious eye injuries. For this, buying a good pair of swimming goggles is very important.
Nowadays, buying swimming goggles is fast and simple, thanks to the Internet, but it is still necessary to pay attention to a series of criteria, in order to choose the best model. Materials, dimensions, and anti-fog protection are essential features in a good pair of goggles.