Swimming goggles are accessories that cannot be missing from your pool bag. As you already know, swimming is not necessary to spend a lot of money to buy everything: just a swimsuit, a cap suitable for water and goggles to protect the eyes. Of course, the quality of the materials can make a difference.
Goggles are essential when swimming, whether in the pool or in the open sea because chlorine and salt water can limit visibility and irritate the eyes. You will need swimming goggles that meet your specific needs, and in this guide, we will help you choose the best ones for you.
The swimming goggles we know today owe their origin to the famous “goggles,” used for the first time by Thomas Burgess to cross the English Channel in the 20th century. Since then, this sports accessory has undergone various changes and is increasingly technological.
Here are our top picks for the best swimming goggles on the market.
- 【COMFORTABLE? OF COURSE!】Flexible silicone frame and improved nosepiece provide extreme comfort that never hurt your nose or leave a mark on your face.【Higher Nosepiece】
- 【FOG-UP?NO!】The inner surfaces of the lenses are anti-fog coated by the latest Environmental Treatment Technology which enhances the anti-fog ability of the goggles and does no harm to your face.
- 【LEAKING? NO!】Premium silicone material and Ergonomic design used on the goggles ensure a snug fit on different facial forms and never allows water leak in.
- 【STYLISH LOOK? ABSOLUTELY!】The colorful outer surface of the lenses with UV-Protection coating which enables the lenses to reflect harmful UV rays and protect your eyes from heat and damage of the sunrays. With the fashionable color, we strongly believe that the goggles are high-fashion and will make you stand out of the crowd.
- 【HIGH-PERFORMENCE】Polycarbonate lenses stay strong even in the toughest conditions. Well-designed clasp make it easy to put goggles on and take off without pulling hair. *ALL OF OUR AEGEND GOGGLES HAVE 12 MONTHS GUARANTEE! ◉CAUTION: Customers who are allergic to silicone please don't buy this product.
- 【WHY CHOOSE THIS SET?】Introductory Offer! Two sets for the price of one! You can own both clear and mirrored swim goggles. Clear are excellent for winter, night or indoor swimming and mirrored are perfect for sunlight. Two great colours to suit your mood or colour co-ordinate with your swimmers.
- 【FOG-UP? NO!】The inner surfaces of the lenses are coated with the latest anti-fog Environmental Treatment Technology, that provides maximum anti-fog protection for your goggles, and is safe for your eyes and skin. Use our quality protective case to keep your googles looking brand new.
- 【LEAKING? NO!】The specially manufactured Premium silicone material plus the Ergonomic design of the goggles ensures a snug fit on all face shapes, and STOPS annoying leaks.
- 【UV PROTECTION? YES!】The outer surfaces of the lenses are carefully coated to enable the lenses to filter out harmful rays, and protect your eyes from heat and damage of UV sunrays.
- 【STYLISH LOOK? ABSOLUTELY!】Our fashionable colours, and our smooth sleek lines, create a sporty high-fashion look that will make you stand out in the crowd.
- G.O. FIT System: Expand your comfort with the outer eye fit
- Gasket shape offers the most universal fit outside your eye socket with the security and reliability of Speedo's other goggles
- Durable Lexan lenses provides optimum safety
- Same classic original fit with improved one piece soft comfortable frame
- Split silicone headstrap
- [SPECIAL POLARIZED LENS] - ZIONOR swim goggles featured with polarized lens, provides better eyes protection against harmful UV rays and lights, restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light, for outdoor swimming, surfing, kayaking and other water related sports
- [COMFORTABLE WEARING] - This swimming goggles come with soft and flexible silicone gasket, adjustable split head strap, TPR ergonomic nose bridge, provides excellent suction and ensure non-slip coverage, that is designed to fit a wider range of face shapes for both women and men
- [ANTI-FOG AND LEAKPROOF] - The polarized swim goggles also feature an enhanced anti-fog technology that can ensure clear vision and protect your eyes, the 3D double seal frame provides excellent fit and water resistance, making them great for both indoor and outdoor training
- [PANORAMIC CLEAR VISION] - The swim goggles made with curved and HD lenses, provides better light transmission, allow for better clarity and enhanced unobstructed peripheral vision under water. You can enjoy swimming without any obstacles and stay safe at all times
- [SOLID AND DURABLE] - ZIONOR swim goggles are made of premium silicone and polycarbonate. Silicone frame is pretty durable, soft and flexible. Polycarbonate lenses are resistant to cracking and not easily deformed
- ✅ANTI FOG&UV PROTECTION: UV protection and anti-fog coating provide you an excellent swimming experience under water. Anti fog protection can offer you a clear and long distant view under water and UV protection can help protect your eyes from being hurt by UV and bright lights.
- ✅GREAT SEAL AND NO LEAK: Flexible silicone frame and gasket can provide customers with maximum comfort as the gaskets have a unique cushioned design that creates a perfect seal around your eyes, ensuring no water in. The adjustable straps can make every child and adult remain dry around eyes and keep hair snag-free.
- ✅BROADER AND CLEARER VIEW: With our special-designed lens, you can surely enjoy a much better clarity. You can also see broader and clearer with anti fog protection of our high quality EverSport swimming goggles. PLEASE REMEMBER: this goggles can not be used by people who have over 100 degrees myopia eyes.
- ✅ONE TOUCH OPEN STRAPS: Super easy to adjust! Well-designed clasp makes it easy to put swimming goggles on and off through one touch. Even children can stand on their own feet and adjust the strap by themselves.
- ✅12 MONTHS WARRANTY: PACKAGE includes: swimming goggles×2, portable mesh bags×1, ear plugs×4, user guide and 12 months warranty. If you came across any problem while using our swimming goggles, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time, we will provide you with excellent after-sale service. And we will try our best to help you with it.
- ANTI-GLARE: Mirrored goggles reduce glare from the water in bright conditions and protects from direct sunlight
- PANORAMIC VIEWING: Underwater peripheral vision with wide lenses and more optical surface area
- ANTI-FOG: Crystal clear under and above water vision with anti-fog coated lenses
- UV PROTECTION: Superb protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays while swimming outdoors
- COMFORTABLE FIT: Cushioned silicone gaskets create a secure, leakproof seal
- 💦 【WHAT’S INCLUDE IN BOX】 swim goggles×2, portable case×1, gift box×1, user guide and 12 months warranty.
- 💦 【ANTI-FOG & WIDE CLEAR VIEW】Each lens is carefully coated with the optimal amount of advanced anti-fog coating, it can stop the lenses from becoming steamy and offer you a clear and long distant view to focus on swimming under water with 180-degree peripheral vision. ✅【Note】 Do not touch the lenses inside surface by hands or any sharp tools, or it will damage the lenses, damage fog function.
- 💦 【SUPER-SOFT SILICONE SEALS】 The silicone gaskets are super-soft and comfortable. They create a perfect seal every time due to their double-seal design, they are around the eyes, which can distribute the pressure evenly and provide a maximum comfort, never leave red marks around eyes and nose for hours after swimming.
- 💦 【3D ERGONOMIC FIT DESIGN 】 The goggles regard the type as washer, which draw on the mechanical principle of the thin shell structure, disperse the pressure effectively and it is comfortable to wear. Moreover, the goggles frame designed by curved ,so it can fit your eyes perfectly and avoid water leakage, keep your eye away from bacteria from water and keep your health.
- 💦 【EASY to USE with ADJUSTABLE CLASP】Easy adjustment of the elastic strap and SOFT SILICONE SEAL ensures a COMFORTABLE and snug fit for most face types. The strap is easy to adjust between sizes and the quick release clasp on the side means you can fit them in seconds without getting them tangled in your hair.
- Anti Fog Lens : NASUM protective safety glasses are made of clear, highly transparent, wear-resistant PC material. Transparent lenses with anti-fog coating technology can protect the eyes of adults and maintain a clear field of vision from the external environment.
- Fully Adjustable Comfort Strap : Strap belt suitable for all head sizes, designed for tight and comfortable wearing! Comprehensive anti-fog splashing to prevent any invasion of tiny substances.
- Comfortable & Sealed & Dustproof : 360 ° fully sealed design laboratory goggles. The sealing edge is made of high-quality tpv material, which fits the face very well and the soft texture provides you with a comfortable wearing feeling.
- Ideal for Workplaces And Play : Safety glasses suitable for science, outdoor work, dust, soldering, railway , fabrication, respirator, work salon, frying, sawfly, shooting, workshop, eye protection DIY, lab, cycling sport, motorbike, ski, aviator from rain water or snow steam, chainsaw worker, cleaning, construction, desert, designer, electricians, engineers, infield work, joinery, laser, machining , manicure, mechanics etc.
- Satisfactory Service : NASUM service 2 years, 30 days unconditional return. We are committed to ensuring that you are 100% satisfied. At special period, not only the mouth needs to be protected, but the eyes must also be taken seriously. A limited number while stocks last.
- SUPER EASY & QUICK ADJUSTMENT CLASP - Easy adjustment of the elastic strap and 3D SOFT SILICONE GASKETS ensures a COMFORTABLE and SNUG FIT for most face types.
- ONE BUNDLE FOR INDOOR & OUTDOOR - OutdoorMaster kids swim goggles come with combo of clear & tinted lens for both indoor & outdoor swimming activities.
- PREMIUM UNDER WATER PERFORMANCE - Unique Tetras Anti-fogging Techology ensures crystal & clear vision. 3D SNUG FIT design provides wide view and waterproof experience.
- FUN FISH STYLE DESIGN - The fish style kid swim goggles have soft skin-friendly silicone frame and color mixes add EXTRA FUN to your water adventures.
- WHAT YOU GET - 2 x OutdoorMaster Kids Swimming Goggles, User Manual, Cute Gift Carrying Bag & our CUSTOMER-FAVORITE LIFETIME WARRANTY and friendly customer service.
- Anti-Fog: Lenses resist fogging for clear underwater vision
- UV Protection: Protects your eyes from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Mirrored Lens: Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Wide panoramic lens for extended view
- COMPACT AND COMFORTABLE: Moderate gaskets fit for a wide range of faces. With a less restricting feel around eye sockets, it offers high degree of comfort and forms a solid seal so you never have to worry about water seeping in or red itchy eyes
- No Leaking, Ergonomic completely sealed silicone protective circle design prevent water from entering your goggles
- SUPER COMFORT - Comfortable, headband is made of soft and elastic silicon, Adjustable headband ,Easy quick release design
- ANTI FOG&UV PROTECTION - Each lens is carefully coated with the optimal amount of advanced anti-fog so that can offer you a clear and long distant view under water swimming.The outer surfaces mirrored coating lenses with UVA/UVB protection which can help protect your eyes from being hurt by UV and bright lights.Convenience for you both indoor and outdoor swimming
- 100% LIFETIME MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you are not 100% THRILLED with your purchase, we'll gladly refund every cent.
- Unique hybrid blend of part goggle and part mask provides for superior long wearing comfort
- UV protection, anti-fog lenses, and 100% PVC free making it
- Soft and comfortable neoprene strap that does not pull hair
- Explosion-proof toughened glass lenses
Everything You Need to Know About Swimming Goggles
There are many types of swimming goggles on the market. There are specific models for swimming in sea water and in the pool, with different characteristics. It is very important to look at the type of lens and the materials with which the glasses are made. Endurance or comfort will depend on this, among other things. Keeping your swimming goggles in good condition is also up to you. It is necessary to periodically clean them, avoid scratching the lenses, or straining the straps.
If you want to alternate outdoor swimming with swimming in the pool, opt for photometric goggle models, with a variable protection from sunlight according to the external light. There are essential accessories when you want to practice a water sport, among these, are swimming goggles.
On the market, you will find a wide range of models, so it will be useful to read this article as much as possible before buying it.
What Exactly Are Swimming Goggles?
Also called “goggles,” they are glasses specially designed so that the swimmer can see underwater and keep his eyes protected, both from chlorine and from salt water. Swimming goggles are an essential element in competitions, but also for beginners and for those who swim with passion.
If you suffer from nearsightedness or other vision problems, you should use corrective swimming goggles. They have a higher price, but they are a necessary investment if you want to swim assiduously and safely.
What Types of Swimming Goggles Are There on The Market?
It is not the same thing to swim in the open sea or in the pool or to swim as a beginner or an experienced swimmer. The different models of swimming goggles are very different, depending on their shape.
Monobloc or a fixed bridge: The bridge is not adjustable; for this reason, they are called “fixed bridge,” and only the straps can be adjusted. They allow wide visibility. If you don’t have a very pronounced nose, they are ideal because they adapt well to any face. They are very comfortable because they usually incorporate a silicone bridge, but you have to find a suitable one and, if you have very pronounced facial features, it may not be easy.
Adjustable bridge: The bridge has several tabs, to adapt to the shape of your face. Once adapted to your face, it is not recommended to adjust it often, to avoid wear.
Interchangeable bridge: They include various types of interchangeable bridges, hence their name. The lenses are independent of each other, although they are framed in a fixed plastic structure. You have to adapt the bridge of the nose through an adjustable cable. They are used a lot in competition for their hydrodynamic shape.
Mask or without bridge: They are similar to diving goggles and have very large lenses and a frame. They are suitable for beginners and open water swimming because they better protect against any type of hit or collision. They have silicone on the edges and in the adjustable area of the face.
Lenses of Swimming Goggles
The lenses of swimming goggles are a crucial element in choosing the model that best suits your needs. Depending on the type of swimming you practice, you will need a specific model, for example, more suitable for swimming or diving. In the following table we summarize which are the most used models and for what use they are indicated:
Mirror and polarized: For extremely bright conditions. They are suitable for swimming in open water. They are very used in triathlon.
Transparent: They are suitable for both open and inland waters. They are particularly recommended for swimming at night or on very foggy days.
Colored: They are normally used in swimming pools, and the most common are blue or yellow.
How Should Swimming Goggles Be Cleaned?
If you want to keep swimming goggles in good condition, you will need to follow our instructions. First of all, never touch the lenses with your fingers, to avoid leaving greasy fingerprints difficult to remove. There are, however, also other problems to which attention must be paid to keep the glasses in excellent condition.
Pull out the straps. If this is not possible, mix water and dish-washing liquid and clean the straps gently. If you can remove them, proceed with maintenance without the lenses. Once you are finished exercising, rinse your swimming goggles with cold tap water to remove any chlorine or salt.
What Kind of Material Is Most Suitable for Sealing Swimming Goggles?
Sealing is the part of the goggles that prevents water from coming into contact with the eyes, so it is an essential aspect to consider. During the 70s of the last century, swimming goggles were sealed with foam, but they were easily damaged and did not guarantee sealing.
Foam sealant. They are the most comfortable, they leave no traces on the face, but tend to lose traction over time.
Silicone sealant. It has a slight smell, which, however, disappears with time. It can leave marks on the face after prolonged use.
Below you will find a summary of the most important characteristics of the various types of glasses, to get all the information without having to leave the house:
Open waters Pool: Monobloc glasses with mirror glass to avoid reflections or darkened glasses to protect the eyes. For use in an air-conditioned swimming pool, the best lenses are transparent, and the goggles must have a fixed or monobloc bridge.
UVA and UVB protection: For non-air conditioned pools, you can choose swimming goggles according to your tastes, even if you have to take into consideration other aspects that we will see in the purchase criteria, such as anti-fog protection, among other things.
As you have previously seen in the article, it is important to consider a few criteria before deciding which swimming goggles to buy. You have to be clear on the type of swimming you want to practice, and from there, you can look for the ideal water goggles for you. The other aspects you should consider are the following:
Type of Goggles and Frequency of Use
If you devote yourself to diving or swimming in the open sea, it is a good idea to opt for mask-type swimming goggles. If you participate in competitions, even if they are smaller, you should choose a Swedish-type swimming goggles. Keep in mind that each discipline has its particularities, to buy the swimming goggles that best suit your needs.
Swimming goggles must also be chosen based on your level and frequency of sport. It is not the same thing to be a beginner or a professional swimmer with many hours of swimming behind him. Below we show you the goggles you will need based on your skills and frequency of use:
Occasional swimmer: Opt for swimming goggles that fit easily, with a silicone seal around the eyes often enough. You can also choose a mask type, for that broad view.
Regular swimmer: Try to buy comfortable glasses with a good bridge. Also, don’t forget about UV protection if you swim outside.
Professional or competitive swimmer: Choose polycarbonate lenses because they last longer and offer greater impact resistance.
If you choose a model with a double strap, you will have greater stability in high speed. Also, if you are looking for performance and comfort, opt for Swedish customizable glasses and with a removable nose bridge.
Measurement and Lens Color
If you don’t have time to go to a shop to choose swimming goggles, opt for a one-size-fits-all model, where you can adjust the straps and nose bridge, if you have a small face or the product is for a child, choose an “S” size. In any case, manufacturers usually provide instructions in this regard.
As we said earlier, if you swim outdoors, it is important to choose polarized or dark lenses, to avoid reflections and protect your eyes from the sun. If you swim in the pool, the best choice is transparent lenses and, if the pool has closed parts and open parts, it would be better to opt for photochromic lenses, which darken according to the external brightness.
This element is very important because it naturally contributes to the longevity of swimming goggles. Most of the glasses on the market are made of polycarbonate, an extremely impact-resistant material. The glasses of this type are unbreakable and can, therefore, be transported without the risk of breaking them; moreover, this feature also makes them safer to use. Normal polycarbonate can also be replaced by optical grade, a type of polycarbonate that is particularly resistant and specifically designed to be used for lenses of different types. occhialini da nuoto lenti blu
Currently, the market mainly offers polycarbonate lenses, for its greater strength and durability, and silicone gaskets, which guarantee excellent durability and waterproofing.
One of the most common complaints among swimmers concerns the fogging of swimming goggles. For this reason, it is important to choose a product that guarantees anti-fog protection, even if this often does not last more than a few months, after which it will be necessary to treat the goggles with a specific liquid. To make a good purchase, we recommend that you pay attention to other buyers’ comments.
Sometimes we don’t pay attention to small details, but swimming without eye protection can create many problems for our eyes. This is because the water is full of bacteria, saltpeter, or chlorine in the case of swimming pools, which can damage eyesight and cause more or less serious eye injuries. For this, buying a good pair of swimming goggles is very important.
Nowadays, buying swimming goggles is fast and simple, thanks to the Internet, but it is still necessary to pay attention to a series of criteria, in order to choose the best model. Materials, dimensions, and anti-fog protection are essential features in a good pair of goggles.