I think you will agree with me when I say: Choosing the right ukulele can be tricky, especially if you’re new to the tool. You will find a great variety on the market and deciding which is the best for you can be a challenge.
Smaller than an ordinary guitar, it also differs in its unmistakable sound reminiscent of the slightly languid sweetness of the Hawaiian islands, from which this instrument originates.
Although there are different types, the best known is the soprano, not surprisingly the most present in our ranking of the best ukuleles of the year. Here we will be listing the top 14 best tenor ukuleles.
- ♫ Amazing Sound - The acoustic Tenor ukulele Arched Back to give longer sustain, fuller, warmer and a bit deeper woody tones sound that are a pleasure to listen to! Having soft and smooth to touch Aquila strings definitely helps to make the sound that comes out of it resonate pretty clear and sweet which also holds tune through multiple plays very nicely
- ♫ A Crafted Artwork - Ranch amazing 26" Tenor ukulele combines the elegant Sapele wood for the smooth and polished body & mahogany neck. An acoustic instrument body fashioned from Sapele exhibits a pleasingly warmer and deeper tone than laminate wood. The lightweight & well built features allow you to create warm and pitch-perfect Hawaiian ukelele harmonies
- ♫ Easy to Play - With 12 Free Video Online Lessons, easy to follow. This Ranch Tenor ukuleles 26 inch size is better than Concert uke, only 3 inches bigger but with better sound and wider spaced frets which are better for adults, novices, intermediate player or professionals who starts to practice on. This ukele pack is your best choice!
- ♫ Easy to Tune - Chrome die cast tuning pegs keeps ukeleles in tune! It is as simple as tightening a screw. The digital tuner is easy to tune and play. It stays in tune longer than normal out of the box and offers a bright and distinctive tone whether you solo, play along with singing, or jam with friends
- ♫ All in One Set - Everything you need for a ukulele kit is here: Installed with Aquila strings+ well padded 10mm gig bag+ digital tuner+ microfiber polishing cloth + an extra set of Aquila strings + strap + step by step 12 online lessons! We've prepared everything for a beginner you need!
- ♫Well Made Mahogany Craftsmanship: Smooth Mahogany body produces a crisp and pleasant sound. Highly polished smooth Aquila ukulele strings with elevated resistance to wear under tension. Well polished smooth rosewood fingerboard and bridge provides a comfortable playability. Sami-Open finish with 9-cycle grinding and polishing process
- ♫Warme Rich Sound: Ukulele Mahogany top body and neck bring you much richer, brighter and warmer sound; High density bone nut and saddle combine with 4 advanced Aquila carbon nylon strings to gain clear and nice resonance and more sustain from Mahogany body
- ♫Come with Everything You Need: Tenor ukulele bundle pack includes tenor ukulele, gig bag, strap, tuner, 4 extra Aquila nylon strings, 4 picks and cleaning cloth. Meet all needs of both beginners and professionals. Padded gig bag features backpack style with 2 padded shoulder straps and exterior pocket for easy comfortable carry and well protection for ukelele. A decent gift for birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Children’s Day, etc
- ♫Easy to Play with Free Video Lesson: Get started with Donner 26 inch ukulele and professional free ONLINE VIDEO uku lessons for beginners. Easy to understand and get started. Donner ukulele bundle kit is great ukelele set for children, adults, beginners or professionals to play for fun or interest
- ♫Easy to Tune: Donner patented chrome-plated guitar style tuners increase accuracy and keep ukulele always in tune. Digital clip-on tuner is easy to tune and play. 18 brass frets with fret position marks at 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th frets on neck and top of fingerboard. Classic and Unique Soundhole Ring.
- ♫ Easy to Tune: Professional tenor ukulele with built-in 3 band EQ works easily on tuning. Easily adjust tone you want. 18 Brass Frets with Fret position Marks at 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th frets on neck and top of fingerboard.
- ♫Solid Top Mahogany: Solid top Mahogany body produces more sustainable, stable sound and pure tone and better resonance. Built to last for long and brand new. Highly polished smooth Aquila ukulele strings with elevated resistance to wear under tension.
- ♫Warm Rich Sound: Solid top Mahogany body and neck bring you much richer, brighter and warmer sound; High density bone nut and saddle combine with 4 advanced Aquila carbon nylon strings to gain clear and nice resonance and more sustain from Mahogany body.
- ♫Come with Everything You Need: Donner Electric ukelele bundle pack includes electro tenor ukulele, padded gig backpack, strap, 4 extra Aquila nylon strings, 4 picks and cleaning cloth. Donner electric acoustic ukelele bundle kit meets all needs for all ages from children to adults or beginners to professionals. A decent gift for birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Children’s Day, etc.
- ♫Comfortable Arm Rest: Smooth rounded beveled edge lets forearm rest comfortably when playing. Well polished smooth rosewood fingerboard and bridge provides a comfortable playability. Sami-Open finish with 9-cycle grinding and polishing process.
- Johnson, Frederick (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 109 Pages - 07/12/2020 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- New Nylgut strings provide better sound than traditional nylon or PVDF
- Designed to have excellent player feel and a sweet tone similar to that of genuine gut strings
- Proprietary composite material absorbs less moisture to assure tuning stability
- Sold individually
- To learn more, please see our Product Description below
- ♪ EXOTIC HIGH GLOSS ZEBRA WOOD BODY - Caramel CT103 26 inch Tenor Ukeleles are made of Zebrawoods and edge framed by xylonite makes the perfect choice for moonlit beach strolls and bonfire singalongs, as well as a guaranteed conversation starter in any performance setting.Looking outward, mahogany neck yields rich sustain and a versatile playing experience for a wide range of hand sizes.Caramel ukuleles are the instrument of choice for both professional and beginners.
- ♪ ONE STEP TO AN UKULELE PLAYER - Do you want to learn to play Ukulele? This starter Ukelele kit gets you started! Comes with: 1x 26 inch Tenor Ukelele, extra G-C-E-A strings ,gig bag (12mm padded, made of 300D 6CD polyester yarn)，3x guitar picks,1x cleaning cloth ,1x ukulele wall hanger,1x ukulele strap(with pegs), 2x bridge pins ,1x metal nail drawer ,1x EQ cable,1x instructions.
- ♪ UNMATCHED UKULELE - 3 bands EQ built in tuner with LCD color display,ready this one-of-a-kind acoustic-electric for natural-sounding sound reproduction into an amp, PA, or recording medium.! Adjustable Truss Rod inside the neck (wrench included) ,so players can adjust the action according to their needs.Rare ukuleles have such feature.Caramel Technique Carbon Strings .Caramel ukalalee sounds almost like a pricey professional Ukulele. Luthiers tuned it one by one before we ship your ukulele
- ♪ HIGH QUALITY AT LOW PRICE - Start your musican journey with a real wood ukulele ,stop buying PLASTIC TOYS !Tenor ukuleles, 26 inch size is better than Concert, only 3 inches bigger but with better sound and wider spaced frets which are better for adults, novices, intermediate player or professionals who starts to practice on. This ukele pack is your best choice! Tuned G-C-E-A . We are not the cheapest one,but we are the Best Buys.
- ♪ MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Try it today RISK-FREE with our 30 days Money Back Guarantee.If you for ANY reason don't like the Ukulele Kit, simply return it for a FULL REFUND. No questions asked.
- 1. It is a T-type 26 inch tenor Ukulele, not only has the advantages of S-shaped 21-inch sound easy to carry, but also has a C-type 23-inch excellent sound. Not only suitable for singing and playing, Fingerstyle effect is also very good.
- 2.Rosewood panel adopts traditional manufacturing process, with excellent sound quality, high treble, clean middle frequency, deep sound. Bend back to make the sound clearer. Stronger stereoscopic. The Tenor size is used by professional Ukulele players. It has a louder sound, a wider spacing than concerts and soprano sizes, which may be better for big hands and adults.
- 3.Professionally optimised arched back design, the backboard radian emits refraction to the sound buffer, gaining greater volume, increasing resonance, and improving sound quality.
- 4. Simple learning, zero-based learning, learning simple songs 3-7 days to get a small success.
- 5. Excellent configuration, fully enclosed string buttons, wooden core handle body, fiber pillow pillow, send a full set of accessories (capo tuner string plectrum package strap)
- 4 MB
- No hands needed
- Auto detect notes
- Display closest notes from both sides
- ROOMY FRETBOARD: This uke's larger tenor-sized body exhibits an impressive level of projection and volume, making it perfect for players who find concert ukuleles a bit too small.
- DYNAMIC RANGE: Featuring all-mahogany construction, the 15TM produces a well-balanced tone, with superb dynamic range and pleasant overtones.
- TOP QUALITY WOODS: This handmade tenor ukulele features mahogany top, back, and sides, giving this small bodied ukulele a full, rich sound.
- EASY TUNING: Córdoba Silver with Pearl Button Tuners make it a breeze to tune your ukulele. 19 frets with fret position marks at 5th, 7th, 10th and 12th frets on neck and top of fingerboard provide a visual indication of where you are on the fingerboard.
- SOLID CRAFTSMANSHIP & ELEGANT DETAILING: Appointments like the 15TM’s abalone-style rosette and cream body and fingerboard binding set this ukulele apart from other similar models. Beginners and professionals alike will appreciate the 15TM’s good looks and easy playability.
- Own a high-quality Professional Tenor Ukulele for an incredibly low price!
- Handcrafted to allow you to create warm, pitch-perfect Hawaiian harmonies.
- Choose between a classic mahogany finish or exotic zebrawood. We also carry Acoustic-Electric ukuleles in the same wood finishes.
- Comes with a set of Aquila nylgut strings installed. Also included is a beautiful Ukulele Gig Bag with Carrying Strap.
- Scroll down the page for full description and specifications of our Handcrafted Kulana Uke.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Hal Leonard Corp. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 80 Pages - 08/01/2014 (Publication Date) - Hal Leonard (Publisher)
- Aquila's latest advance in synthetic gut ukulele strings
- Natural pearl color, super-smooth playing surface
- Less stretchy than previous strings, greater tuning stability
- Perfect intonation, long-wearing qualities
- To learn more, please see our Product Description below
- Rones, Kevin (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 48 Pages - 01/01/2019 (Publication Date) - Centerstream Publications (Publisher)
Things to Consider Before Buying Best Tenor Ukuleles
To choose a good model, it is good to pay attention to the quality of materials, user reviews, which indicate without fail if the sound is good, and the reputation of the manufacturer.
In this regard, some specialized houses such as Mahalo, aNueNue, Kala, mahiMahi, Ohana, are considered the best brands, in addition to the significant guitar manufacturers such as Fender, Ibanez and Yamaha.
For Beginners and For Those Who Already Know how To Play
On the online marketplace, you will find mostly ukuleles designed for beginners. Equipped with lower mechanics than the professional ones, on the other hand, they cost much less.
Wanting to compare prices, we can say that the low end is around 100 euros. To have something more, you must, therefore, go up to more expensive models, on the 300 euros, to arrive at prices of over 1000 euros in case you want the maximum.
Reading the various comments left by consumers, if you stay on the big brand ones, you can still find something acceptable in the economy. Even these instruments are made with beautiful wood and proper mechanics, the two characteristics that ensure, together with the strings and the case, the sound quality.
Electrified and Not
The ukulele has also often been used in jazz and pop, so it is not surprising that there are around electrified or electrifiable models, to which generally add a microphone and an amplifier.
Unfortunately, it must be said that the most common online ones hardly have these characteristics, perhaps because they are mainly used to make gifts or start learning. Rock and roll fans may, therefore, be disappointed to find that they have to spend more money to find an instrument worthy of their attention.
An excellent guide must also mention the weight of the tool – not to be overlooked if you want to carry it around – and the handling. Not all models are, in fact, the same, as confirmed by the comments of those who bought and played them.
The Other Types
Going down the chromatic scale, in addition to the soprano, there are four other types, gradually more massive in size. We will find, in order, the concert, the tenor, the baritone and the bass.
While with the soprano it is more than possible to make rhythmic accompaniment, with the show and the tenor it is possible to perform real melodic lines and improvise solos, arriving with the bass to be able to keep a rhythmic track.
On a practical level, another difference is related to space for the fingers, which will be tremendously reduced in the soprano to increase gradually in the other registers.
Finally, don’t forget the aesthetics. The ukulele is also a lovely gift and a perfect ornamental object, which often shows itself on the fireplace or in the living room; better therefore that it is in precious wood, and elegantly finished.
On the right, you can scroll the menu with advice on other string instruments: various types of guitars, basses and accessories. But we also have other pages dedicated to flutes, pan flutes, digital keyboards, etc. Discover them on our website!
Tool for Beginners
This ukulele is part of Mahalo’s Rainbow series, one of the most valuable companies in the sector. His stringed instruments are very famous. But there is no lack of the entry-level line such as the Rainbow. The availability of eleven colours characterizes the series, to think of it more than those of the Rainbow chosen for the name.
In our case, it is a white ukulele, but the choice is full and does not involve price differences.
If we talked about an entry-level instrument, it is because it is clear from the beginning to whom the MR1 WT is addressed, that is, who is learning or wants to learn to play this particular instrument. So don’t expect spectacular sound.
The Strings Are to Be Changed.
The body of the instrument is made of wood, discreet in quality but nothing more. The weak point, in our opinion, lies above all in the rather cheap ropes.
The suggestion is to change them at the first opportunity by replacing them with others of better artistry, even if the less demanding could also be satisfied with what they have on hand or, to be more precise, under the fingers.
The handle seems well made, quite smooth and free of defects worthy of being brought to light here.
It was probably to be expected, but the mechanics are not that reliable. It is a rather common problem in economic instruments.
Tuning holds long enough, but accuracy isn’t easy to achieve. We specify that we speak of perfectly tuned strings and the musician who seeks this does not even stop to read what is written here because it would certainly focus on more professional instruments.
If we consider the very negligible cost of this instrument, the presence of a case, although not exceptional, can only be appreciated.
We feel that we appreciate Mahalo’s effort, beyond the intrinsic quality of the instrument, to try to get the device into the hands of those who, in different numbers, would never have dreamed of buying one. Maybe the MK1 will be a springboard to other higher-level models.
Someone pointed out, complaining, about the absence of the shoulder strap, or rather the impossibility of using the shoulder strap except to do a little work on the instrument. We welcome and bring to the attention of our readers this shortcoming, but at the same time we point out that for this instrument you can easily do without it, even playing on your feet.