When the heat arrives, we seek relief by opening the windows, creating drafts, and when this is not enough, the first thing we think about is the purchase of fans and air conditioners.
If the air conditioner can lower the temperature, even the best fan moves only the air and makes the environment slightly more livable. As we well know, there are different types of fans.
In particular, there are three types, there is the paddle fan, the tower fan and the fan without blades. The latter type is very expensive while the difference between the other two lies in internal technology
Below are the best tower fans. Let’s have a look on them.
- BEAT THE HEAT – Powered by 3 speed settings H/M/L, fan is perfectly sized to aim over a high bed and powerful enough to blow across the room. If you live in the heat with no central air, and window AC units do a poor job of moving air around your whole house or apartment, this fan creates excellent air flow making you feel cooler.
- VERY QUIET – Fan creates a powerful breeze, but even on H, you can still hear the TV. Easy to assemble and operate. Comes with built-in carry handle, optional oscillation and energy efficient auto shut off timer programmable from 0. 5 to 7. 5 hours. The remote is the best when you don’t feel like getting up to change the settings.
- SLEEP LIKE A BABY – Circulates the warm & stuffy air at night so you can get some rest. Creates just the right amount of white noise at bedside for sleeping. Nighttime Setting automatically dims the control display and sets the fan on (H) for an hour, then (M) for an hour, and then stays on (L) until you interact with the fan again.
- A REAL SPACE SAVER – Standing 43” tall with a small 13” x 13” footprint, the sleek, vertical design optimizes floor space letting you to put the fan in places where pedestal & box fans won’t fit, without sacrificing air circulation, comfort or style. Ideal for the dorm, kitchen, living room, RV and camper.
- TRUSTED FOR GENERATIONS – Lasko has been making quality household products for over 100 years. Lasko fans are ETL Listed, come with our patented Blue Plug safety fuse technology, and are backed by a 1-yr limited , making them a safe choice for a cooling breeze when it’s hot and humid outdoors.
- CUSTOMIZABLE AIRFLOW: Personalize the cooling effects with the 3 fan speeds (Low, Medium, High) and 3 cooling modes (Normal, Natural, Sleep)
- WIDE & SMOOTH OSCILLATION: Distributes ample air circulation to bring faster relief from the heat courtesy of the 65° wide angle oscillation and 20ft/s velocity
- EASY TO USE: Track the ambient temperature, speed, mode, timer and oscillation from the large clear LED display; control all settings from the remote as you relax on the couch or bed
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: 36” compact fan fits into any room corner without taking up too much space, a welcome addition to your bedroom, study, office, etc.
- SAFE FOR KIDS: ETL-certified tower fan with narrow fence creates a powerful stream of airflow without fast spinning blades, perfect for families with curious children and pets
- Oscillating Remote Control Tower Fan: The Honeywell QuietSet Tower Fan Provides Powerful Whole Room Cooling With Quiet Operation, Oscillation and Automatic Shut Off Timer; 5 Levels of Sound and Power Settings Let You Choose What’s Best for Your Environment
- QUIET COOLING: Honeywell's QuietSet line of fans are quiet and powerful, so you'll feel the fan's cooling power with less sound
- Increase Your Comfort;Using fans for air circulation in your home can help increase your comfort, and help reduce energy costs as well; Honeywell carries a range of tower fans, floor fans, and oscillating fans find one for every room in the house
- HONEYWELL FANS: The right fan helps cool you off and improves airflow in your room or home; Give your air conditioner and wallet a break by using fans to help reduce your energy consumption and costs; Honeywell carries a variety of fans to meet your home needs
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Help improve air circulation and energy savings in your home, bedroom or office with Honeywell fans; 8 speed settings to adjust to your personal sound and cooling power preferences
- 3 Whisper Quiet Speeds - provide smooth consistent air flow. The unique space saver design and quiet operation make this fan ideal for a child's room bedroom, or home office.
- Widespread Oscillation - allows you to direct airflow where you need. Turn on oscillation and the fan will gently direct air side to side, allowing the air to distribute and cool the room.
- Built-in Timer - automatically shuts the fan off after the selected time. Choose from 1 hour to 7 hours in 1 hour increments. The LED display conveniently displays the number of hours the timer is set for.
- Wireless Remote Control - make this fan well suited for the bedroom or home office. The remote allows you to control oscillation, fan speed, the built-in timer or turn the fan or nightlight on or off.
- Simple Base Assembly - allows you to take the fan out of the box and assemble it in minutes. Simply connect the 2 pieces of the base to the fan, plug it in, and start enjoying a cooling breeze.CFM:239
- Customize Your Airflow Effortless: Tower Fan is equipped with 3 powerful modes (Normal, Natural, Sleep) and 3 fan speeds (High, Medium, Low), offering 9 different air flow settings to meet your multiple cooling needs in sweltering summer
- Wider Coverage & Save Energy: Perfect 65°oscillating cooling fan is your air conditioner’s BFF distributing air with a velocity of 20ft/s to increase air flow and circulation for quick cooling that saves energy
- Compact Design: This quiet, real space saving standing fan (35''x12''x12'') can be placed anywhere with utmost ease, ideal for baby room, bedroom, dorm, kitchen, living room, RV, office, etc. with the optimized larger LED display
- Child Safety: ETL-certified bladeless oscillating fan designed with narrow fence to not endanger children; a fused safety plug prevents damage from over-voltage and power surges
- Order Now, No Risk. 12 months +18 months worry-free warranty extension and 24h warmhearted service. Just feel free to contact us to get your customized service. Order Now, TaoTronics Tower Fan bring you a cooling summer.
- 2-in-1 TURBO POWER: Feel the big cooling blast of the Turbo Force Tower Fan from 40 feet away! This high-powered fan features 2 independently controlled fans with 6 speeds & 15 different comfort settings.
- CROSS FLOW DESIGN: This tower fan combines the high-velocity air output of a tower fan, the versatility of a 90° pivoting top fan & the flexibility of wide area oscillation, into a unique cross-flow design that lets you control your comfort.
- QUIET OPERATION: The aerodynamic fan blades with front air intake provide quiet, powerful whole-room cooling while fitting stylishly into your home’s tight spaces with maximum space saving efficiency
- IMPROVE AIRFLOW & SAVE MONEY: The right fan cools you off & improves airflow in your room or home. Give your air conditioner & wallet a break by using fans to reduce your energy consumption & costs.
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Help improve air circulation & energy savings in your living room, bedroom or home office with Honeywell's extensive line of table fans, tower fans, oscillating fans, desk fans, window fans & much more.
- 3 Speeds & 3 Styles: Choose between 3 speeds (Low-Medium-High), 3 modes (Normal, Natural, or Sleep), and a 65° oscillation angle to customize your breeze to stay cool on hot summer days in the bedroom, study, or office
- Simple Controls: Remotely control the strength and oscillation from your bed or sofa; view the room temperature, current mode and speed settings on the large LED screen (light turns auto-off after 30s in sleep mode)
- Lower Noise, Better Sleep: This powerful yet silent tower fan brings comforting, cool breeze in an ultra-quiet way (only 45dB!); built-in timer can be set from 1 to 12 hours for a good night’s sleep or cool nap
- Auto Temp Detection & Safe Design: Automatically shuts off at a room temp lower than 24°C / 75.2°F for your health, and turns on again when it reaches 26°C / 78.8°F for constant ventilation under Auto mode
- Compact & Portable: The Homech tower fan can fit into any room corner thanks to the small base and body; move it easily with the convenient carry handle
- DIGITAL TOWER FAN: The Honeywell 3 speed digital tower fan with ionizer exudes the feel of a spring breeze throughout your home; It features a programmable thermostat, 3 speeds, timer shut off function, an electronic LCD display & easy to use controls
- QUIET COOLING: This tower fan's oscillating action allows for greater air distribution, and a remote control with built in flashlight allows convenient control from your favorite spot; A washable air filter helps remove dust
- INCREASE YOUR COMFORT: Using fans for air circulation in your home can help increase your comfort, and help reduce energy costs as well; Honeywell carries a range of tower fans, floor fans, and oscillating fans find one for every room in the house
- HONEYWELL FANS: The right fan helps cool you off & improves airflow in your room or home; Give your air conditioner & wallet a break by using fans to help reduce your energy consumption & costs; Honeywell carries a variety of fans to meet your home needs
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Help improve air circulation & energy savings in your home, bedroom or office with Honeywell fans.
- Slim space saving Tower design takes up less room and can fit into spaces where traditional stand fans cannot
- Choose from high, medium, and low speed settings to control your personal comfort level
- Provides air circulation and cooling relief from hot and stale air during the summer months
- Oscillation for wide area coverage. The space-saving design and quiet operation are ideal for use in medium sized rooms such as living rooms, bedrooms or a workplace
- Powerful circulation with oscillating tower
- Built-in LED control panel
- Remote control that changes modes, speeds and more
- 3 speeds and 3 modes (normal, natural, sleep)
- Operates on 120 volt / 35 watt power consumption
Buying Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Tower Fans
At this point, you already know which are the best tower fans according to our criteria. As we said, surely after this analysis you will have already discovered some of the characteristics that are important to you.
Now we will show you other aspects that you will need to consider to make the best possible purchase.
What Is a Tower Fan and How Does It Work?
A tower fan is an appliance that serves to refresh rooms of different sizes, depending on its characteristics. It is a cheaper alternative to other forms of refrigeration. It works by sucking the air which will then “blow” out.
If it also has an oscillatory function, it will rotate to allow air to reach the whole room. Thanks to its design it occupies a small space. Usually, it has a modern look and therefore it is perfect for any room.
Furthermore, in most cases, tower fans are silent, when they are in operation you can barely hear their noise. Their price is quite low when compared to that of other alternatives that exist on the market but still offer interesting results.
What Types of Fans Are There?
Before continuing, let’s review the different types of fans that can be found on the market. Of each types we will highlight only some of the most important aspects. Then, we will compare some of them with tower fans, in this way you will understand why the latter be the best option:
- Table Fans: They are small and cheap, but they are also more delicate than the other models and they usually break first.
- Wall Fans: They are placed in the highest part of the room to make sure that the air arrives in a designated part of the room.
- Ceiling Fans: They have large blades to blow air into a specific area.
- Table Fans without Blades: They are used to create a pleasant environment. They connect to the computer via the USB port.
Pedestal fans: They are widely used, but are uncomfortable due to their size.
Are Tower or Ceiling Fans Better?
You’ve probably wondered if it’s better to choose a tower fan or a ceiling fan. What we can tell you is that the seconds usually cover only a certain point in the room.
If they do not have a particular design, they are not even very aesthetically beautiful even if they are always visible. Those on the other hand, when not needed, can be put away.
In addition, a ceiling fan cannot be installed in all homes. And almost always you need to call an electrician to be able to properly install it on the ceiling. Finally, you need someone skilled even in the event that they break, so in general they are more expensive in all.
Their main advantage is that you don’t have them in the middle of the room and you don’t have any wires you could trip over.
Are Tower or Floor Fans Better?
The floor fan only the best known to be the traditional ones. In many houses, they have worked very well, but the fact is that their appearance is certainly worse than the tower ones.
Furthermore, they do not occupy the same space and even less offer the same performance. At the time of having to move it, pedestal ones are much less practical due to their shape. They can also be considered more dangerous.
What Precautions Should You Take when Buying a Tower Fan?
We Have Prepared the Following Table in Order to Clarify What Are Some Precautions You Need to Take when Buying This Type of Fan. These Are Factors that Will Help You Understand Which Is the Best Option for Your Needs. if You Keep Them Always Present They Will Help You Make the Best Decision for Your Needs, so Take Note:
What to Keep in Mind Why
Heat don’t forget that if you live in a very hot area, a tower fan may not be enough. It could be a good option if your budget is insufficient to be able to choose other products.
Space a tower fan will not be able to cool very large rooms, although you can position it in the area where you are in order to take advantage of its benefits.
Price as often happens with any other product, the price will indicate the quality level of its performance. If you want a device of a certain power, you will have to be willing to spend more money.
Cold air a tower fan does not cool the air, what it does is simply turn it on. it is good that you keep this in mind so that no misunderstandings arise and you are not disappointed when using them.
What Are the Elements that Must Be Present in A Tower Fan?
There Are Certain Elements Present in Tower Fans that You Need to Know in Order for You to Make the Perfect Purchase. They Are Present in Most Devices of This Type, but However It Is Good that You Make Sure of It so That You Can Choose the One that Best Suits You.
- Timer: This Is a Function that Allows You to Program the Time when The Appliance Must Switch on Or Off. for Example, if You Will Use the Fan to You Already Know how Long It Will Take You, Program It to Automatically Turn Off when You Want It.
- Remote Control: If Your Fan Is Equipped with A Remote Control, You Will Not Have to Get up Every Time You Want to Turn It on Or Off. You Can Also Use It to Change Its Programs Too.
- Buttons: Depending on The Model, the Fan Will Have Different Buttons that Will Allow You to Set Various Functions. the More It Has, the More Practical the Fan Will Be.
- Led Screen: If The Fan Is Fitted with An Led Screen, It Will Be Easier to Use It.
We are almost at the end of this tower fan purchase guide. You are already aware of all the aspects that you need to take into consideration when choosing a tower fan. but it’s not a bad idea to review some features you need to analyze before making your final decision. Take note of the following:
Being hot is very annoying, but living with a noisy appliance can make anyone lose patience. Before choosing the model to buy, make sure it is silent. This feature must be included in its performance, if not, you will have to make sure of this feature before buying the fan.
Its Effectiveness Depends on The Height of The Tower Fan. if He Is Not Very Tall He Will Not Be Able to Make Air in The Area You Want. You Will Find Yourself Obliged to Place It Above a Chair or Above a Table.
In This Case, Besides Being Very Ugly to Look At, It Could Cause an Accident. So You Should Check that It Has an Adequate Height.
The speeds of the tower fan are very important, they will allow you to regulate the air flow of the appliance. Since temperatures aren’t the same every day, you won’t need it to always run at full power.
If the fan has only one speed, its use will be more limited while, on the contrary, if it has more than one it will be more versatile. We recommend that you choose a fan that has at least three speeds.
It may be that you do not consider it important that the fan be equipped with a remote control. However, if you don’t choose a model that has one, you may regret it in the future. This extra is very important for using the appliance.
Imagine being lying on the sofa or on the bed and wanting to turn the fan on or off, with the remote control you could do it without getting up.
Another feature you need to consider is the length of the tower fan cable. Too short a cable will require the use of extension cables and this would be very inconvenient.
If the wire has a good length, their use will not be necessary. You can place the appliance where you want without having to worry that there is a plug near it.