When the heat arrives, we seek relief by opening the windows, creating drafts, and when this is not enough, the first thing we think about is the purchase of fans and air conditioners.
If the air conditioner can lower the temperature, even the best fan moves only the air and makes the environment slightly more livable. As we well know, there are different types of fans.
In particular, there are three types, there is the paddle fan, the tower fan and the fan without blades. The latter type is very expensive while the difference between the other two lies in internal technology
Below are the best tower fans. Let’s have a look on them.
- BEAT THE HEAT – Powered by 3 speed settings H/M/L, fan is perfectly sized to aim over a high bed and powerful enough to blow across the room. If you live in the heat with no central air, and window AC units do a poor job of moving air around your whole house or apartment, this fan creates excellent air flow making you feel cooler.
- VERY QUIET – Fan creates a powerful breeze, but even on H, you can still hear the TV. Easy to assemble and operate. Comes with built-in carry handle, optional oscillation and energy efficient auto shut off timer programmable from 0. 5 to 7. 5 hours. The remote is the best when you don’t feel like getting up to change the settings.
- SLEEP LIKE A BABY – Circulates the warm & stuffy air at night so you can get some rest. Creates just the right amount of white noise at bedside for sleeping. Nighttime Setting automatically dims the control display and sets the fan on (H) for an hour, then (M) for an hour, and then stays on (L) until you interact with the fan again.
- A REAL SPACE SAVER – Standing 43” tall with a small 13” x 13” footprint, the sleek, vertical design optimizes floor space letting you to put the fan in places where pedestal & box fans won’t fit, without sacrificing air circulation, comfort or style. Ideal for the dorm, kitchen, living room, RV and camper.
- TRUSTED FOR GENERATIONS – Lasko has been making quality household products for over 100 years. Lasko fans are ETL Listed, come with our patented Blue Plug safety fuse technology, and are backed by a 1-yr limited , making them a safe choice for a cooling breeze when it’s hot and humid outdoors.
- BEAT THE HEAT –If you live in the heat with no central air, or your window AC units do a poor job of moving air around your whole house or apartment, this stand up fan creates excellent air flow making you feel cooler. Comes with built-in carry handle, optional oscillation and a handy remote for when you don’t feel like getting up to change the settings.
- VERY QUIET – Powered by 3 speed settings H/M/L, fan creates a powerful breeze, but even on H, you can still hear the TV. If you need white noise to sleep, this fan is perfectly sized to aim over a high bed and creates a soothing purr that drowns out bedroom noises making it easy to fall asleep. Energy efficient timer can be set from 0.5 to 7.5 hours.
- FRESHER AIR – The built-in Ionizer disperses millions of negative ions into the air that bond with positively charged ions which includes things like dust, bacteria, pollen, smoke and other allergens. Once the bond is formed, the particles become heavier and fall to the ground. As the negative ion levels grow in the room, the air feels naturally fresher.
- A REAL SPACE SAVER – Standing 42.5” tall with a small 13” x 13” footprint, the sleek, vertical design optimizes floor space letting you to put the tower fan in places where pedestal & box fans won’t fit, without sacrificing air circulation, comfort or style. Ideal for the dorm, kitchen, living room, RV and home office.
- TRUSTED FOR GENERATIONS – Lasko has been making quality household products for over 100 years. Lasko Wind Curve tower fans are ETL Listed and come with our patented Blue Plug safety fuse technology making them a safe choice for a cooling fresh air breeze when it’s hot and humid outdoors.
- 3 Speeds & 3 Styles: Choose between 3 speeds (Low-Medium-High), 3 modes (Normal, Natural, or Sleep), and a 65° oscillation angle to customize your breeze to stay cool on hot summer days in the bedroom, study, or office
- Simple Controls: Remotely control the strength and oscillation from your bed or sofa; view the room temperature, current mode and speed settings on the large LED screen (light turns auto-off after 30s in sleep mode)
- Lower Noise, Better Sleep: This powerful yet silent tower fan brings comforting, cool breeze in an ultra-quiet way (only 45dB!); built-in timer can be set from 1 to 12 hours for a good night’s sleep or cool nap
- Auto Temp Detection & Safe Design: Automatically shuts off at a room temp lower than 24°C / 75.2°F for your health, and turns on again when it reaches 26°C / 78.8°F for constant ventilation under Auto mode
- Compact & Portable: The Homech tower fan can fit into any room corner thanks to the small base and body; move it easily with the convenient carry handle
- DESIGNED FOR OUTDOOR LIVING – Engineered and designed to withstand the outdoors, this tower fan is weather-resistant and UV protected making it ideal for decks, patios, and porches. Standing almost 42” tall with a 13” x 13” footprint, the sleek design blends in nicely to any outdoor space and decor.
- BEAT THE HEAT – Powered by 4 quiet speeds, this plug in fan with high performance motor is designed to beat the heat. Vertical design lets you to put the fan in places where pedestal & box fans won’t fit, without sacrificing air circulation, comfort or style. At 15 lbs, the built-in carry handle makes this portable fan easy to move from the front porch to the back deck or wherever relief is needed.
- EASY TO USE – Simple no tools assembly required. Sturdy plastic base assembles in minutes. Electronic push buttons control the on/off, fan speed, and internal oscillation functions. To clean the fan body, just use a soft cloth. To remove lint and dust from inside the fan, use a vacuum with a brush attachment. And remember to NEVER place the fan near or in water.
- CREATE A BACKYARD PARADISE – Whether it’s enjoying quality time with the family, entertaining friends, or spending some quiet time with your favorite beverage to reflect on life, this tower fan will help you enjoy your outdoor spaces day or night by creating a comforting breeze that also helps keep those irritating bugs away.
- TRUSTED FOR GENERATIONS – Lasko has been making quality home environment products for over 100 years. The YF202 Outdoor tower fan is ETL Listed and features a 10-foot cord with in-line GFCI and a 3-prong grounded plug, making it a safe choice for a cooling breeze when it’s hot and humid outdoors.
- CUSTOMIZABLE AIRFLOW: Personalize the cooling effects with the 3 fan speeds (Low, Medium, High) and 3 cooling modes (Normal, Natural, Sleep)
- WIDE & SMOOTH OSCILLATION: Distributes ample air circulation to bring faster relief from the heat courtesy of the 65° wide angle oscillation and 20ft/s velocity
- EASY TO USE: Track the ambient temperature, speed, mode, timer and oscillation from the large clear LED display; control all settings from the remote as you relax on the couch or bed
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: 36” compact fan fits into any room corner without taking up too much space, a welcome addition to your bedroom, study, office, etc.
- SAFE FOR KIDS: ETL-certified tower fan with narrow fence creates a powerful stream of airflow without fast spinning blades, perfect for families with curious children and pets
- Customize Your Airflow Effortless: Tower Fan is equipped with 3 powerful modes (Normal, Natural, Sleep) and 3 fan speeds (High, Medium, Low), offering 9 different air flow settings to meet your multiple cooling needs in sweltering summer.(Please kindly note that this fan is a Tower Fan, NOT an Air Conditioner Fan)
- Wider Coverage & Save Energy: Perfect 65°oscillating cooling fan is your air conditioner’s BFF distributing air with a velocity of 20ft/s to increase air flow and circulation for quick cooling that saves energy
- Compact Design: This quiet, real space saving standing fan (35''x12''x12'') can be placed anywhere with utmost ease, ideal for baby room, bedroom, dorm, kitchen, living room, RV, office, etc. with the optimized larger LED display
- Child Safety: ETL-certified bladeless oscillating fan designed with narrow fence to not endanger children; a fused safety plug prevents damage from over-voltage and power surges
- Order Now, No Risk. 12 months +18 months worry-free warranty extension and 24h warmhearted service. Just feel free to contact us to get your customized service. Order Now, TaoTronics Tower Fan bring you a cooling summer.
- ❄【Powerful Cooling & Ultral Quiet】This whole room cooling fan can deliver air for up to 16.4 ft distance but still in low noise. Focusing on Ultra-Quiet cooling technology, this oscillating fan can offer you a refreshing and uninterrupted environment, especially for undisturbed and comfortable sleep. Perfect tower fan for bedroom, living room, and home office use.
- ❄【Widespread Oscillation & Energy Saving】 This 43In tower fan is designed with a wide oscillation function and 70°wide-angle air supply function, which can provide you a wide coverage of cool air circulation and cool down the whole room. Pairing with the A/C, this cooling fan can increase air circulation and reduce your electricity bills.
- ❄【 Adjustable Speeds & Wind Modes】With this feature-rich air circulator fan, you can customize your breeze needs and cooling options from 3 quiet speeds settings (Low-Medium-High) as well as 3 optional modes including Normal, Natural and Sleep. This bladeless tower fan is perfect for year-round use at any home.
- ❄【Remote Control & 7.5H Timer】Tired of getting up from your cozy bed or sofa to control the fan? This dual control standing fan enables you to control the oscillating fan for your convenience. With the up to 7.5 hours timer, this air circulator fan could automatically shut off at set hours. No more worry about catching a cold late at night.
- ❄【Baby Safe & Space Saving】Thanks to the bladeless design, this ETL certificate tower fan can eliminate the risk of hurting any fingers and easy to clean. Ideal for families with kids, toddlers, and pets. With the slim design, this whole room cooling fan can be moved from one room to another easily and works great in corners.
- 【Bladeless Safety & Easy-to-Clean】Breezewell cooling fan is a must for you who are looking for a bladeless cooling solution. It delivers a stream of smooth, therapeutic and high-velocity air, for personal cooling. When you are concerned how your children and lovely pets can enjoy a safe cooling, we provide you with the best answer. It is time to upgrade your fans into bladeless ones when bladed fans cost you a lot of time and energy to clean.
- 【Lower Than 42 dB Whisper Quiet Operation】Have you ever distracted by the noise of your fans? Have you ever worried about the getting your head chopped off by a wobbling celling fan? Bladed fans are so loud, depriving you of a quiet rest. Choose Breezewell bladeless tower fan today and unleash all your anxiety and torpor from the heat. No fast-spinning blades but with the silent motor, Breezewell keeps your fan running all day without knowing it is in your house.
- 【Oscillating & Space Saving】Bladed fans project constant choppy air. Breezewell oscillating fan will spread the air in a wide 45° radius, circulating the air around the room better. The powerful motor can distribute a ton of air quickly, increasing the efficiency of cooling, while taking up a minimal amount of space due to its slim design. The modern craft appearance blends well into your contemporary decoration no matter in your home or your office, making your room aesthetically pleasing.
- 【3 Adjustable Speeds & 3 Programmed Modes】No complicated manual program, enjoy your indoor summer breeze, indulging yourself in the jasmine summer night. Designed, programed and engineered for adaptability. Breezewell have developed this tower fan for you. You are so close to a widespread coolness. With automatic swing function and preprogramed modes, you are able to easily find appropriate breezes for different moods– normal, sleep or natural.
- 【Designed for Convenience】15-Hour Timer and remote control amplify your freedom. Enjoy a gentle outdoor wind in your own living room while you are reading your favorite books or enjoying the recent series without having to get up from the couch. The built-in handle designed for easy movement. You can move it to use in any other areas of your house or office, Breezewell tower fan will bring you long-lasting cooling at anytime and anywhere.
- ❄【Powerful but Super Quiet Bladeless Oscillating Fan】With bladeless high-velocity turbine airflow technology, the oscillating quiet fan can blow powerful wind under 52 db. Air circulating more smoothly, increasing whole room air quality, bladeless design safer for children and pets. The "sleep mode" is fiarly quiet that you can barely even notice it's working. Sweet dream every night in this summer.
- ❄【Whole-Room Air Circulating Fan & Energy Saving】Featured 3.6ft body height, 70° oscillating, this bladeless quiet room fan can reach 16.4ft blowing distance to circulate your large room. It is also ideal for balancing the room temperature & energy saving when collocation with air condition. Best choice to cool the whole room & reach energy efficiency in summer days.
- ❄【Tower Fan w/ Multiple Settings Meet Your Needs】3 Mode, 3 Speed, 7.5H Timer setting for different rooms & different needs. Normal mode for usual living roome & space; Natural mode for imitating natural wind and interactively blowing different speed wind; Sleep mode for ultra quiet gentle breeze. Upgraded Auto-dim out LED lights make sure NO bright lights & any worries while sleeping at night.
- ❄【Slim & Modern Bladeless Tower Fan Design】With stylish and space-saving design, this oscillating quiet fan complements and enhances room decor. The slender design frees up more space than traditional standing fans physically and visually. You can easily place the room fan anywhere. Ideal for bedroom, living room, office, kitchen, house, indoor use.
- ❄【Oscillating Fan w/ Dual Control & Easy to Use】This floor room fan comes with a fully-functioning remote control that allows you to turn the quiet tower fan ON or OFF while you’re away from it, making it convenient to use without any moving. The control panel at the bottom of the bladeless tower fan is also available to control all of its features. Fairly easy for kids, older & all the susceptible population to use.
- SLIM OSCILLATING FAN for WIDE COOLING - Feel a refreshing breeze into any room with hOmeLabs Tower Fan. This sleek and slim 12 x 12 x 41.3 inches stand up fan is designed with wide oscillation function to distribute cool air across a wider area, providing targeted and efficient cooling to where you want it
- CUSTOMIZABLE AIR CIRCULATION SPEED - Personalize the cooling effect with 3 quiet speeds ranging from low, medium, or high as well as 3 selectable wind modes including natural, sleep, and oscillating modes to match your breeze needs and cooling options using the touch buttons
- EASY TO USE LED CONTROL PANEL - The user-friendly top-mounted control panel with bright LED light indicators features different speed settings, fan modes, turns the swing on or off, and a convenient 1, 2, 4, or 8-hour programmable automatic timer which gives you undisturbed sleep and saves energy automatically
- REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED - This modern tower fan in premium quality plastic housing comes complete with a remote control to let you stay on your couch or bed while you control speed, wind mode, turn the unit on or off and set the timer up to 16 feet of range. Perfect all around the home with magnetic control storage at the top
- SPACE SAVING TOWER DESIGN - Standing 40 inches tall with a compact footprint, this lightweight fan is ideal for the kitchen, bedroom, living room, RV and home office. It comes with a built-in handle for easy portability plus a fused safety plug to prevent damage from over-voltage and power surges
Buying Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Tower Fans
At this point, you already know which are the best tower fans according to our criteria. As we said, surely after this analysis you will have already discovered some of the characteristics that are important to you.
Now we will show you other aspects that you will need to consider to make the best possible purchase.
What Is a Tower Fan and How Does It Work?
A tower fan is an appliance that serves to refresh rooms of different sizes, depending on its characteristics. It is a cheaper alternative to other forms of refrigeration. It works by sucking the air which will then “blow” out.
If it also has an oscillatory function, it will rotate to allow air to reach the whole room. Thanks to its design it occupies a small space. Usually, it has a modern look and therefore it is perfect for any room.
Furthermore, in most cases, tower fans are silent, when they are in operation you can barely hear their noise. Their price is quite low when compared to that of other alternatives that exist on the market but still offer interesting results.
What Types of Fans Are There?
Before continuing, let’s review the different types of fans that can be found on the market. Of each types we will highlight only some of the most important aspects. Then, we will compare some of them with tower fans, in this way you will understand why the latter be the best option:
- Table Fans: They are small and cheap, but they are also more delicate than the other models and they usually break first.
- Wall Fans: They are placed in the highest part of the room to make sure that the air arrives in a designated part of the room.
- Ceiling Fans: They have large blades to blow air into a specific area.
- Table Fans without Blades: They are used to create a pleasant environment. They connect to the computer via the USB port.
Pedestal fans: They are widely used, but are uncomfortable due to their size.
Are Tower or Ceiling Fans Better?
You’ve probably wondered if it’s better to choose a tower fan or a ceiling fan. What we can tell you is that the seconds usually cover only a certain point in the room.
If they do not have a particular design, they are not even very aesthetically beautiful even if they are always visible. Those on the other hand, when not needed, can be put away.
In addition, a ceiling fan cannot be installed in all homes. And almost always you need to call an electrician to be able to properly install it on the ceiling. Finally, you need someone skilled even in the event that they break, so in general they are more expensive in all.
Their main advantage is that you don’t have them in the middle of the room and you don’t have any wires you could trip over.
Are Tower or Floor Fans Better?
The floor fan only the best known to be the traditional ones. In many houses, they have worked very well, but the fact is that their appearance is certainly worse than the tower ones.
Furthermore, they do not occupy the same space and even less offer the same performance. At the time of having to move it, pedestal ones are much less practical due to their shape. They can also be considered more dangerous.
What Precautions Should You Take when Buying a Tower Fan?
We Have Prepared the Following Table in Order to Clarify What Are Some Precautions You Need to Take when Buying This Type of Fan. These Are Factors that Will Help You Understand Which Is the Best Option for Your Needs. if You Keep Them Always Present They Will Help You Make the Best Decision for Your Needs, so Take Note:
What to Keep in Mind Why
Heat don’t forget that if you live in a very hot area, a tower fan may not be enough. It could be a good option if your budget is insufficient to be able to choose other products.
Space a tower fan will not be able to cool very large rooms, although you can position it in the area where you are in order to take advantage of its benefits.
Price as often happens with any other product, the price will indicate the quality level of its performance. If you want a device of a certain power, you will have to be willing to spend more money.
Cold air a tower fan does not cool the air, what it does is simply turn it on. it is good that you keep this in mind so that no misunderstandings arise and you are not disappointed when using them.
What Are the Elements that Must Be Present in A Tower Fan?
There Are Certain Elements Present in Tower Fans that You Need to Know in Order for You to Make the Perfect Purchase. They Are Present in Most Devices of This Type, but However It Is Good that You Make Sure of It so That You Can Choose the One that Best Suits You.
- Timer: This Is a Function that Allows You to Program the Time when The Appliance Must Switch on Or Off. for Example, if You Will Use the Fan to You Already Know how Long It Will Take You, Program It to Automatically Turn Off when You Want It.
- Remote Control: If Your Fan Is Equipped with A Remote Control, You Will Not Have to Get up Every Time You Want to Turn It on Or Off. You Can Also Use It to Change Its Programs Too.
- Buttons: Depending on The Model, the Fan Will Have Different Buttons that Will Allow You to Set Various Functions. the More It Has, the More Practical the Fan Will Be.
- Led Screen: If The Fan Is Fitted with An Led Screen, It Will Be Easier to Use It.
We are almost at the end of this tower fan purchase guide. You are already aware of all the aspects that you need to take into consideration when choosing a tower fan. but it’s not a bad idea to review some features you need to analyze before making your final decision. Take note of the following:
Being hot is very annoying, but living with a noisy appliance can make anyone lose patience. Before choosing the model to buy, make sure it is silent. This feature must be included in its performance, if not, you will have to make sure of this feature before buying the fan.
Its Effectiveness Depends on The Height of The Tower Fan. if He Is Not Very Tall He Will Not Be Able to Make Air in The Area You Want. You Will Find Yourself Obliged to Place It Above a Chair or Above a Table.
In This Case, Besides Being Very Ugly to Look At, It Could Cause an Accident. So You Should Check that It Has an Adequate Height.
The speeds of the tower fan are very important, they will allow you to regulate the air flow of the appliance. Since temperatures aren’t the same every day, you won’t need it to always run at full power.
If the fan has only one speed, its use will be more limited while, on the contrary, if it has more than one it will be more versatile. We recommend that you choose a fan that has at least three speeds.
It may be that you do not consider it important that the fan be equipped with a remote control. However, if you don’t choose a model that has one, you may regret it in the future. This extra is very important for using the appliance.
Imagine being lying on the sofa or on the bed and wanting to turn the fan on or off, with the remote control you could do it without getting up.
Another feature you need to consider is the length of the tower fan cable. Too short a cable will require the use of extension cables and this would be very inconvenient.
If the wire has a good length, their use will not be necessary. You can place the appliance where you want without having to worry that there is a plug near it.