The walkie talkie is a very useful device that allows two or more people to communicate remotely using radio waves. Talking about walkie talkies or two-way radios is the same thing: the two words are in fact synonyms, indeed to be precise walkie talkie is the English name of these devices, a word that soon became part of our language.
The first image that comes to mind when we talk about walkies talkies is the little toy transceivers that accompanied our childhood afternoons.
In reality, the transceiver is suitable for multiple uses: born at the beginning of the last century to facilitate communications between soldiers, this device is now widely used in both professional and more amateur contexts.
Right here we have listed the best walkie talkies that will be helpful in your communication process.
- Solid build portable walkie talkies; quality body and rotate button can withstand long time use and collision saving much money in the long run
- Good reception and crystal transmission sound; strong penetration and audio keep you and your team always stay in contact with loud clarity sound quality in building or outdoor
- Keep away from the irrelevant call;ensure you and your team have quiet and smooth talk
- 2 Pin acoustic tube headset help you keep clear call in noisy environment; durable belt clip and hand strap are convenient to carry; the charging base and adapter are convenient for you to charge it anywhere
- Have been set well could use directly when out of box; emergency alarm will protect your safety when you work alone;this Version is certified and the FCC certified number is 2AAR8RETEVISRT21
- Included Components: 2 Radios, 2 Belt Clips, 1 User Guide
- 2-WAY RADIOS - These walkie-talkies feature 50 GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) channels, along with channel scan to check for activity. The JIS4 Waterproof Protection prevents splashing water from having any harmful effect on it (splash resistant).
- 36-MILE RANGE - Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction. Easy Voice and Sound Activation Transmission (eVOX) with 9 sensitivity levels for hands-free operation.
- 142 CTCSS/DCS PRIVACY CODES - The privacy codes give you up to 3,124 channel options to block other conversations.
- NOAA WEATHER SCAN + ALERT - NOAA Weather Scan will automatically scan through 10 available weather (WX) band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you of severe weather updates. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm indicating that there is a risk of severe weather in your area.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Radios (x2), rechargeable battery packs (x2), boom mic headsets (x2), belt clips (x2), 120V dual desktop charger, AC adapter, DC adapter, and an owner’s manual.
- License free; your kids can keep in touch with friends and families at any time when you camping adventure or in a crowded supermarket
- Compact and lightweight body; ergonomic design with rounded corners is more comfortable and reduce scratches;beautiful and strong plastic can be used for a long time
- VOX and 2.5mm headphone connection;the VOX function enables children to speak directly to their neighbors without pressing the PTT button;you can also connect headphones to the device (not included)
- Multichannel walkie talkies communication;one-to-one or one-to-more communication function allow more walkie talkies to communicate on the same channel
- The key lock works for children to stay on the same channel while playing;which prevents children from changing the channel
- The two way radio is extremely compact and slim for business use; featured with 16 channels and rich features; ensure you use license free radio
- 0-9 level voice activated transmit function allows real hands free operation; adjusting the level according to the environment allows you to get the best audio quality
- Emergency alarm helps you be prepared for any danger and alert team member; channel lock avoids accidental button changes;working out of the box with each others
- Includes six way multi gang charger with multiple charging protections; overcharge; over voltage and short circuit protection; more safer for charging the 6 pack 2 way radios or batteries at the same time
- Fits in your palm;easy to carry and simple to operate;provides adequate coverage in many environments and the size and weight can be a huge advantage
- Included Components: 3 Radios, 3 Belt Clips, 1 User Guide
- LONG RANGE UP TO 38 MILES: Provides an extended long range signal up to 38 miles with 2662 channel combinations & 121 privacy codes to minimize unwanted interference
- WATERPROOF & DUSTPROOF: Designed to IP54 waterproof & dustproof standards
- NOAA WEATHER & ALERT: Be prepared for storms and emergencies with built-in NOAA radio receiver and alert in the event of weather or other emergencies
- 18 HOUR ULTRA LONG RUN TIME: Included rechargeable batteries provide an ultra long runtime of up to 18 hours (90% Standby, 5% talk, 5% listen). Also includes micro-USB doc charger
- VOX - VOICE-ACTIVATED TRANSMISSION: The user's voice is detected and the radio transmits without the need to press any buttons, freeing hands for other tasks
- Toys for Christmas 2020: Gift for 3-15 year old boys, teen girl gifts, walkie talkies for kids teen boy gifts birthday. Great for both indoor and outdoor activities such as going shopping, spring outing and summer camping.
- Clear Sound and Key Lock Function: Our kids walkie talkies have cool call alert function, crisp and smooth sound quality with adjustable volume level. Equipped with key lock function, it is not easy for children to modify the channels to enhance the fun of parent-child interaction.
- Ergonomic Design: Small and light body allow kids easy to use and just 90g per walkie talkie is easy to carry, these will fit comfortably in children's hands with ergonomic design. An uncomplicated push-to-talk button makes this toy easy to use for 3,4,5.6,7,8,9,10,11,12 years old girls.
- Perfect Adventure Kids Toys: Situation can be real-time monitoring of children, anti wandered off, intelligent alarm system etc. Stay connecting with your friends and families especially in outdoor activities, the best outdoor toys for toddlers age 3-5 boys and girls.
- Easy to Use: Modern compact design. Simple push to talk operation, double click to activate a beep single. Broadcast to one or multiple units, ability to use different channels.
- Real-time streaming, high-quality voice
- Contacts availability and text status
- Public and private channels for up to 6000 users
- Option to map hardware PTT (Push-To-Talk) button
- Bluetooth headset support (selected phones)
- Police Costume For Kids, Includes: Shirt, Pants, Hat, Belt, Whistle and Gun Holster and Walkie Talkie so you can look like a real policeman whenever you wear it.
- Role-Play Police Costume Set: Realistic Looking with Embroidered Patches, Real Buttons, Real shirt pockets with finest Quality.
- Made with 100% Polyester Featuring: resistant to most chemicals, stretching and shrinking, wrinkle resistant, mildew and abrasion resistant.
- Perfect choice for kids' Halloween costumes, theme parties, dress up, events, and everyday fun!
- COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION - Dress Up America has been providing quality products and excellent service since 2005. If there is ever any issue with your police costume, please contact us and we will take care of it right away.
- Pocket size and slim look is perfect use in commercial;compact and light weight allow easy to carry all day
- The two way radio is featured with rich features like VOX hands free; emergency alarm; up down channels changes button; scan; squelch and more
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery can last 12 to 24 hours; USB charging design allows you charge the radio in car; power bank and etc
- Reliable and durable belt clips ensure install and remove quickly; need not any tiny screws to fit them
- Working straight out of the box with each other;the channels are very clear and the radio is very easy to use
Best Walkie Talkies Buying Guide
Walkie Talkies for Home Use
In addition to professional and semi-professional use, the two-way radios can also be used for amateur or home use. In this subcategory are both walkie talkies that are used by parents to monitor infants, also known as baby monitor both transceivers toy, an ideal gift for children who love to play outdoors.
These products are not real two-way radios: they are usually very simple models that tune in only one channel and have a limited range of action. Walkie talkie kids
Four Factors to Keep in Mind
1. Maximum Distance
The first factor to consider when looking for a transceiver suited to your needs concerns the maximum transmission distance, also called the range of action.
This element is one of the fundamental discriminate against certain types of use: it is possible to find on the market walkie talkie very simple with a range of only 500 m, up to the models more professional whose range reaches even to 50 km.
When purchasing a walkie talkie, however, keep in mind that the range data are valid only as the crow flies: in places cluttered with buildings or trees, the maximum distance that can be reached is considerably reduced.
The range of action must also be considered in relation to the use you want to make of the walkie talkie: if for example, you are looking for a product to use on your mountain trips you will have to orient yourself on a model with a fairly wide range of action, while if you want a model to be used in the city you can choose a device with a shorter maximum distance.
It must be remembered, however, that to use some walkie talkies with a very wide range of action (from 10 km onwards) you must have a special license, otherwise you run the risk of being fined. We will go deeper into the thorny issue of transceiver regulations. Walkie talkie distance
2. Frequency Bands and Channels
The second factor to consider is the number of attachable frequency bands and the number of channels available. But what is a frequency band? It is a portion of the spectrum of radio frequencies available for broadcasting: by this term, we mean a part of the ether, in turn, divided into levels, called channels.
The models Professional will allow to attach different bands of frequency and a variable number of channels, from 5 to 300: the amateur models instead usually allow to intercept the local frequency band and will allow access to fewer channels, from 2 to 70.
There are also special devices on the market that allow communication on multiple channels simultaneously. Also, in this case, it must be remembered that the use of devices that allow communication on many channels is regulated by the ministry of communications.
Another important aspect to consider when choosing the walkie talkie concerns the functions integrated with the device: if until some time ago most of the models available were very simple, today it is possible to find on the market decidedly sophisticated devices that allow different possibilities of use.
In our opinion, the most useful function is the one that allows you to connect the two-way radios to a mobile device via Bluetooth: in this way, you will not only be able to control the settings of your walkie talkie from your mobile phone but also to use the transceiver with appropriate wireless earphones, a very widespread use for example in sports.
We can then find models that allow the hands-free function, very useful in situations of loud noise such as construction sites, or the voice distortion function that allows you to maintain your privacy in conversations.
The last factor to keep in mind when choosing the walkie talkie is that relating to the extra accessories supplied: according to the price range, in fact, the two-way radios can be more or less equipped.
The most common accessories are certainly the earphones and the speaker: the first allows you to communicate easily via headphones, while the second is used to amplify the sounds so as to hear better in very noisy situations.
Other accessories that can be supplied are the power supplies to recharge the battery via an electric socket and to connect the device to the cigarette lighter of the car: having both of them you can be sure of being able to take full advantage of your transceiver both on the road and in the open air.
Finally, we find the most classic accessories, such as protective cases, belt hooks, and replacement batteries. Walkie talkie charger.
How to Use Walkie Talkies
Walkie talkies are useful tools to make remote communication much easier, for play or for work. If you approach this product for the first time, you may have doubts regarding its functioning or possible uses.
Here we wanted to analyze some particularities, which help you understand the right model for you.
First of All: How Does It Work?
It may seem strange to some that, in the digital age, we still talk about devices such as walkie talkies: in reality, these objects are able to put two or more people in communication without the obligation to make a call, such as cell phones, and therefore without having to type a number.
So let’s ask ourselves: the walkie talkie, how does it work? The mechanism that regulates its use is identical to that of radios: just tune in to the same channel to communicate.
For this reason, it is important that the frequency chosen is free: if it is occupied by other users, nobody will be able to understand what the other says.
Another aspect to consider is the fact that one cannot speak simultaneously: the microphone and the speaker, in fact, alternate. Usually, the jargon used is “step”, when the message ends and “step and close” when you want to end the conversation.
How to Use a Walkie Talkie at Its Best
Let’s assume you want to use your walkie talkies for a long time, maybe more than a day, without having to recharge them. Then choose a model equipped with a lithium battery and make sure it is totally full when you are going to use them.
To be sure that the reception is valid, it is better to experiment with them in open and unobstructed places, since buildings and walls are a nice impediment.
A lot of caution must be used when holding them: it is preferable to keep them about 10 centimeters from the mouth, in order to be able to get your voice clear.
For this purpose, it is also useful to spell the words well, with pauses and making sure that the message arrives without interference.
A Diy Walkie Talkie
If you don’t want to buy a beautiful and made model, here are some suggestions on how to build a walkie talkie. The easiest way is to take two cans or two paper cups. Drill the base with a nail, take a string and insert it into the hole.
Then pass it down to place it inside the can or glass and then tie a knot so that it cannot come off. Connect the second element to the first through the string, repeating the operation of creating the hole and so on.
Stretch the string: the sound waves will be able to travel and you can use the glass as a microphone and as a receiver.
Other Decisive Factors for The Choice of The Walkie Talkie
Are the Materials Important?
Most portable transceivers are made of the same material: hard plastic. However, there are some precautions to keep in mind, especially if you are looking for a model to use in “difficult” environments.
We are talking about waterproofness and impact resistance: both features are really fundamental to optimize spending and take full advantage of the walkie talkie in all situations.
Even the design is important: there are in fact two-way radios very small, suitable to be carried in the pocket, and patterns more cumbersome, mainly indicated for those who must use the transceiver in the mountains or on means of locomotion.
Even the colors vary, ranging from classic black to camouflage colors, preferred especially by those who use the transceiver in hikes, survival courses, and sports as the soft air.
Our advice is to choose the model that best suits your needs by looking among the many proposals for a product made with good quality materials.
Is Brand Important?
Like so many other products, even for walkie talkies, it is possible to find an innumerable number of brands, some more known others less. Being an electronic product, it is essential that the manufacturer ensures good customer service and a wide range of accessories that can be purchased separately.
The leading brands in the sector are definitely Motorola (the invention of the portable transceiver is due to this brand) and Brondi, companies specializing in everything related to telecommunications.
In the online stores, it is, however, possible to find many walkie talkies produced by brands little known in Italy but equally reliable as Retevis or Baofeng: the only negative aspects related to these brands could concern the ease of interface with customer service.
If, on the other hand, you are looking for simple two-way radios to give to your children, you are really spoiled for choice: almost all the brands that make toys also produce walkie talkies for recreational use.
We do not recommend the purchase of two-way radios produced by unknown brands: the risk we run is in fact to buy a poorly functional model, difficult to use or made with poor materials.