The best washer-dryers combine the functions of the washing machine and the dryer, combining them within a single appliance, which adapts perfectly to the needs of those with limited spaces.
Below you will find a purchase guide that will come in handy when you need to evaluate different types of washer dryers, providing you with all the essential information to make an optimal purchase.
Here we had listed out some of the best washer and dryers that are present below.
- RAISES BOTH YOUR MACHINES – Our washer and dryer pedestals raise machines 17” off the floor to chest height, making laundry easy & reducing back strain – No more stooping
- CREATES EXTRA STORAGE – Our laundry pedestal stores 2-3 laundry baskets and other items out of your way below, a cavernous 12 cubic ft of storage
- BEAUTIFIES YOUR HOME – Handcrafted in the USA from solid wood with timeless heirloom style. Our customers love how our washer pedestals enhance their decor and match their furniture
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Our heavy duty washer and dryer pedestals are built to last. Strong enough for the heaviest machines without rocking or rattling
- FITS ALL MACHINES – Including full size & compact models from Samsung, LG, GE, Whirlpool, Electrolux, Bosch, Maytag & more. And no need to buy a separate washing machine stand and a dryer stand – Ours handles both machines – just select your size at checkout
- COLOR CODED LED DISPLAY: The color coded LED Display makes operating the machines easy!
- SANITIZE & SELF-CLEAN: Water is heated to 165°F to Sanitize clothes.
- BUILT-IN DIAGNOSTICS: Multiple sensors inside machine track all operations and identify faults by showing 13 error codes which help to diagnose a component malfunction.
- BETTER DRYING: The Equator Combo offers an optional Vented (using hot air) or Ventless/Condensing dry (using cold water) that can be changed according to preference at the touch of a button by user. (Vented is 30% Faster drying due to better air flow). High spin speed of 1400 RPM extracts more water, reducing dry time. Choice of Sensor Dry, 60 minute Time Dry or 12 minute Refresh Dry, select from 4 levels of dryness.
- ALLERGEN CYCLE: Use the Allergen cycle to keep clothes 100% clean.
- 8 WASH CYCLES: Prewash + Heavy, Heavy, Standard, Quick 20, Baby, Delicates, Wool, Quiet
- WINTERIZE (For RV users): Quick 2 minute easy to operate cycle located on knob. Pour anti freeze in drum. Press start
- CONVERTIBLE VENTED/VENTLESS: Convert drying mode from Venting to Ventless or vice-versa with the press of a button. ( Vented is 30% Faster drying due to better air flow, compared to ventless machines )
- BETTER DRYING: Only combo in the world to offer an optional Vented (using hot air) or Ventless/Condensing dry (using cold water) that can be changed according to the season at the touch of a button by user. (Vented is 30% Faster drying due to better air flow). High spin speed of 1400 RPM extracts more water, reducing dry time. Choice of Sensor Dry, 60 minute Time Dry or 12 minute Refresh Dry, select from 4 levels of dryness
- QUIET CYCLE: Clothes are washed and dried at low RPM with noise level less than 60 dB. Perfect for family working in different shifts, babies and older generation
- Combo washer/dryer creates a full laundry station to a compact 24" footprint
- Designed for 115V non-vented use
- 16 wash cycles to ensure each fabric gets the proper laundry conditions
- 5 temperature settings to accommodate a variety of washes
- Brought to you by Equator Advanced Appliances pioneer in Combo Washer Dryers since 1991. Winner of Global Innovation Award, Tec Home Brilliance Award, ADEX Platinum Award for Design Excellence and Twice VIP Award for High efficiency washers.
- All-in-one unit combines a washer and dryer into a compact size to take up minimal floor space Convertible Venting/Condensing drying at the touch of a button
- Maximum spin speed of up to 1,200 RPM and Dual fans for efficient faster drying
- Redesigned control panel with an easy-to-read color coded LED display. Delay wash allows you to set the washer to begin up to 24 hours later for added convenience and flexibility
- Winterize feature - Specially for RV use
- This Butcherblock Countertop Measures 30 inches Deep, 54 Inches Wide and 1 Inch Thick. With 2 Inch High Edge Rails
- Sanded Smooth Raw Butcherblock
- NOTE: WASHER AND DRYER NOT INCLUDED
Washer and Dryers Buyer Guide
What It Is and What It Is Used For?
Their washer dryer is in all respects a mix between a washing machine and a dryer, which, in addition to optimally washing the garments according to fabric and color, is equipped with the ability to dry the garments at the end of the wash perfectly.
It combines the actions of washing machine and dryer, guaranteeing space savings for those who do not have the possibility or the intention to buy both appliances. From dimensions and types, the washer-dryers are available in two versions:
- With front loading;
- From above.
The latter has even more compact dimensions, but often involves slightly longer drying times. Instead, front-loading washer-dryer models have longer wash times, but shorter drying times.
It is no coincidence that this type of washer dryer is more widespread in Europe, where the dryer is not as common as it happens overseas.
How Does It Work?
At the functional level, the washer-dryer could be defined as a more complex washing machine, even if the end-user does not change much in use. Once the program is selected, the washer-dryer responds to a set of pre-determined settings and activates the door closing sensor,
Without which it is not possible to safely start the washing cycle. If the door is sealed, the solenoid valve sends the water necessary for the washing cycle, and the inserted products are taken from the detergent drawer. Everything is mixed inside the basket.
In the case of washing that requires a high temperature, a resistance is activated, which is blocked when the water reaches the indicated temperature to avoid damaging the garments. Once the washing is complete, the dirty water is eliminated, and the cycle can optionally continue with the centrifuge, which removes excess water.
Here the similarities with the washing machine end, as the washer-dryer also allows you to obtain perfectly dry clothes. However, care must be taken, since the difference in load between the washing and drying phase could lead to the need to divide the laundry into two parts.
How to Choose the Best Washer Dryer?
Operation and Technology
There are various washer-dryer models on the market, each of which differs in functionality, number of programs, and additional features linked to the specific brand. However, two important categories to be known reference to the different drying technology used: condensing and expulsion washer- dryers.
Let’s consider the first one, namely the condensing washer-dryer, which implies the presence inside the appliance of a tank where the steam produced during the drying process is collected. The steam is condensed thanks to a duct, inside which cold water is sprayed.
The excess water that results from this procedure is collected inside a tank, which you will have to proceed to empty on a regular basis. It is a washer dryer that is very easy to install, just like a normal washing machine.
The only aspect to pay attention to is the constant monitoring of the water inside the tank. However, The other technology that can regulate the washer dryer is that of expulsion: in these models, there is no condenser, since the steam is expelled through a tube.
In this case there will be no tray to empty, but there may be problems related to excess humidity. Here, therefore, that the expulsion washer-dryer should be placed inside a very airy room, such as a garage or a covered balcony, but absolutely not inside the house.
The big difference between the two models, condensing and expulsion, is therefore found in the method in which excess steam is eliminated.
The capacity is an important aspect when considering the purchase of a washer-dryer: it indicates the number of garments, wet or dry, which can be inserted inside the drum for optimal operation. In the case of a washer-dryer it is essential to keep in mind that two values are indicated.
One relating to the washing capacity and the other to the capacity during the drying phase. The former is always higher than the latter: very often for a washer dryer with a washing capacity of 9 kg there is a maximum of 6 kg for drying.
This translates into the need to often empty the drum to dry the laundry in two stages. The element of capacity must, therefore, be carefully considered for a weighted purchase.
Power and Energy Consumption
Choosing a washer dryer with optimal energy consumption is one of the aspects that best guarantee satisfaction after purchase. It is important to note that, thanks to the evolution of the models on the market, the consumption of these appliances is comparable to that of a normal washing machine.
Even between washer-dryers, however, there are many differences: the energy label is an indicator of orientation and understanding how efficient the appliance will be. In the case of washer-dryers, the energy label starts from A to arrive at A +++, indicating lower consumption in terms of kilowatts per hour and greater efficiency.
We must also not forget the water consumption, generally of 50-60 liters per cycle and the power, which is around an average of 1.5 kWh. To ensure good use, exceeding this level of power would result in significantly higher consumption, which would prevent use simultaneously with other appliances.
Programs and Features
The washer-dryer boasts a considerable number of programs which, in the case of the most innovative models, can go up to 16: the greater the number of programs for washing and drying, the deeper the degree of customization in the use of this appliance.
As far as washing programs are concerned, they do not differ from those of a more innovative washing machine. A washer-dryer, in fact, has programs dedicated to washing cotton, synthetic, wool, jeans, and in general to cleaning all materials, from the most resistant to the most delicate.
In the same way, it is possible to set programs divided by color, suitable for white, black, and colored garments. The prewash mode can be activated together with each program, ideal for removing particularly stubborn dirt.
On the contrary, for garments that are only to be refreshed, most washer-dryers have express or reduced washing cycles, which allow in just over half an hour to have perfectly clean clothes. In addition, modern washer-dryers are equipped with Eco programs,
Which translates into concrete energy savings but often takes a little longer. Finally, programs that help in the ironing phase are particularly appreciated. Many washer-dryers can customize the degree of drying of the garments according to the intended use:
from those that must be perfectly dried, such as terry fabrics, to those that must instead consider a greater degree of humidity.
Since this is an appliance that must respond to two very distinct functions, washing, and drying, it follows that it boasts greater complexity than a washing machine. This is why, even during the maintenance phase, you must pay particular attention to how you take care of the washer-dryer, in order to preserve the components most subject to wear and damage.
The maintenance should not be particularly burdensome unless it’s own real failures; in this case you will necessarily have to contact specialized assistance. Good routine maintenance includes actions such as removing and cleaning the filter.
A really fundamental aspect to be able to guarantee a long life of the appliance and at the same time achieve an efficient performance. To follow a correct procedure, the filter must be carefully removed, washed under running water, dried, and finally repositioned correctly.
In order to prevent the formation of limestone, you can eventually use some industrial or even natural descalers, such as white vinegar and baking soda. In general, maintaining your washer dryer in an optimal way means planning regular cleaning interventions.
Taking care to follow the instructions in the appliance instruction manual. Among the parts most likely to get dirty there are the basket and the detergent drawer: both could in fact retain residues which in the long run could cause damage to the appliance.
That’s why after each use, it is essential to check that there are no traces of detergent or fabric left. By following these steps, you will extend the life of this delicate but handy household appliance.