Washing house floors is one of the most annoying and annoying household chores. However, some appliances can speed up operations and at the same time, guarantee the same.
If not better, results than those obtained with the more traditional work tools, such as the bucket, rag or mop. But if you think that steam scrubbers represent the only alternative on the market, make a big mistake.
There are also cold water scrubbers, just as effective which, when used appropriately, are even more comfortable and practical than their direct competitors.
Right below we had listed out the best quality water scrubbers.
- Whole House Air Purifier - AS-550 HEPA air purifiers removes smoke, pet dander, pollen, saw dust, and other miscellaneous debris
- Heavy Duty - The pre-filter allows the prime HEPA filter to do the finer work. Ideal for home repair and construction sites,...
- Precision - HEPA filters are standardized to remove 99. 97% of particles that have a size greater than or equal to 0. 3...
- Odor Elimination - The optional carbon filter (Not Included) eliminates odors from paint, smoke, pets, cleaning products, cooking,...
- Warranty - 1-year and 5-year housing . Our Air Shield 550 is engineered into a single housing piece making it the toughest in the...
- CLEANS WHAT BRISTLE BRUSHES MISS - Unique, slim scrubber fits into most bottles, tackling stuck-on gunk from coffee, smoothies,...
- GETS INTO HARD-TO-REACH WATER BOTTLE CORNERS - The contoured and flexible scrubber tip fits into corners that are usually...
- SAFE ON MULTIPLE TYPES OF WATER BOTTLES, VASES, AND MORE - Scrubber is safe on wide-mouth water bottles including glass, stainless...
- EASY TO STORE - Stores easily in your sink or on a hook
- DISHWASHER SAFE – Stick your scrubber in the dishwasher when it's time for a refresh
- 3-stage filtration system: includes a 2" thick HEPA filter and the option of adding an activated carbon filter
- Lightweight, compact and durable ABS plastic (the same that football helmets use) housing design
- Powerful and energy efficient 1/2 HP external rotor induction motor, low 2.8 Amps draw with 600 CFM airflow
- Built-in GFCI power outlets for daisy chain, variable speed control switch & filter change light indicator
- ETL / CETL safety certified, dual thermal protection & 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Portable air scrubber and negative pressure machine with two-stage filter system and variable air flow control of 250 to 500 CFM...
- First stage standard paper pre-filter captures large particles, second-stage primary HEPA filter rated to capture 99.97% of...
- Generate cleaner air for any environment.
- 250-500cfm variable speed switch, including hepa filter change light
- Pre Filter 16*16*1inch, Hepa Filter 16*19*2inch, Same as Drieaz HEPA 500
- 1.INCLUDED IN THE SET: 16.5" extra long wooden handle stainless steel clamp brush, 2 size exchangeable sponges and 16" bendable...
- 2.SPONGE SCRUBBING BRUSH CLEANS WHAT BRISTLE BRUSH MISS: The flexible soft contoured sponge can realize 100% fitting to the...
- 3.ESPECIALLY DESIGNED SCRUB BRUSH SET FOR GALLON WATER BOTTLE WITH HANDLE: Our long bendable spring brush is specially designed...
- 4.SAFE ON MUTIPLE CONTAINERS: our sponge brushes is extra long to reach very tall huge water jugs motivational bottles, insulated...
- 5.MULTIPLE USAGE: You can replace sponges with steel cleaning balls, scouring pad and other kinds of scrub sponge at your needs,...
- 3 piece power scrub brush kit. DRILL NOT INCLUDED
- Brushes are made with stiff bristle fiber and our securely attached to the block.
- All three brushes have quarter inch steel QUICK CHANGE shafts
- Works great on concrete, brick, fireplace, stone, sidewalks and driveways
- All Drillbrush Products have a 90 day no questions asked Money back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our...
- Commercial Grade: 450 CADR Rated technology utilized by professional remediation contractors for debris and odor removal...
- 3 Stage Filtration System: The AP-450 Max uses 3 filters to purify the air in your home: Pre-Filter (Stage 1), Carbon Filter...
- Certified HEPA Air Purifier: With the Primary HEPA Filter, the AP-450 Max is able to remove at least 99.97% of particles greater...
- Variable Speed Control: Utilizing a powerful 1/3 horsepower motor and a intuitive variable speed knob, the AP-450 Max can...
- Effective and Efficient: Unlike other home air purifiers, the AP-450 Max can be used in a wide range of room sizes. Place it in...
- [CAR OR BOAT CLEANING] Water-powered rotary brush with soft bristles for a thorough cleaning without damaging paint or chrome
- [QUICK SNAP CONNECTION] Easy on, easy off, so you can switch between cleaning accessories quickly and get onto the next job
- [NO SCRATCHES] Some brushes can leave a mark, make sure you’re getting a deep clean without scratching your vehicle’s finish
- [EASY ADJUSTMENTS] Adjust the angle of the brush with the dual articulating points on the side
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern...
- Includes (2) BPA-free bottle brushes that stand upright and off of counters
- Durable nylon bristles are scratch-free, yet soft
- Soft rubber nipple brush is gentle on small parts
- Top rack dishwasher safe
- Ideal for cleaning most standard glass and plastic baby bottles - replace brush every 30-45 days
Everything You Need to Know About Water Scrubbers
What Are Water Scrubbers?
Not to be confused with steam scrubbers, scrubbers are a class in their own right of household appliances dedicated to housing cleaning.
Except for industrial models, i.e. designed for frequent and intense washing of large surfaces, water-based floor washers for domestic use are usually made up of:
- Ahead containing one or more microfibre brushes which, rotating at high speed in direct contact with the floor, mechanically clean it by removing ordinary and often even the most stubborn dirt
- A tank to be filled with water and detergent, which continuously impregnates or at the request of the user, the rotating brushes, to be refilled several times, if necessary, during washing.
- A suction system that removes dry dirt from the floor and extracts the dirty water from the rotating brushes, helping to keep them efficient and as clean as possible, for the duration of the cleaning. This also facilitates the drying of floors quickly (about a couple of minutes).
- A second tank (separate from the first) where water and dirt sucked in by the rotating brushes flow together. Note in this regard that in a water scrubber, clean water and dirty water never mix.
If we consider their operating principle, the water scrubbers have the requirements to replace once and for all the traditional combined “bucket + rag”.
And in fact, most of the reviews published online by those who have already purchased the models treated in our comparison refer to highly efficient products and, despite some limitations, capable of saving time and effort. All this, in the face of a more than appreciable cleaning efficacy.
The First Floor Washers with Rechargeable Battery
Although most of the water-based scrubbers that you find online or in physical stores, as far as food is concerned, are of the traditional type, in the sense that they must be connected to the power outlet.
The first scrubbers to cordless (or wireless) water, i.e. without electric wire and equipped with rechargeable (lithium) batteries.
We are strengthened by the enormous success of the rechargeable electric brooms based on cyclonic technology (such as the Dyson, the Severin, the Rowenta and the Hoover).
These scrubbers, in the face of some renunciations, offer the same freedom of movement that characterizes the cleaning devices they are inspired by.
In this comparison work, we have included only one model of cordless water scrubber, namely the Kärcher FC3 Cordless. There are also others on the market, but this is one of the few that can boast a traditional name, Kärcher, which guarantees its quality and efficiency.
Some manufacturers also include rechargeable versions of the wire models in the price list. This is the case of the Bissell SpinWave Cordless scrubber and the Kärcher FC 5 Cordless, battery-powered variants of the respective Bissel SpinWave and Kärcher FC 5 covered in this market guide.
Before buying a rechargeable water scrubber, however, pay attention to its autonomy and the surface it can cover, expressed in square meters, with a single refill.
Not having a continuous power supply, as is the case with wire brooms, you will have to calculate with a good approximation the times necessary to wash your spaces, if you want to avoid cleaning several times.
Differences Between Water Scrubber and Steam Scrubber
The main difference between the two types of household appliance lies in the medium used for cleaning: water and detergent for the former, pure steam for the latter.
The second difference concerns how the cleaning action is carried out: by rubbing for the former, by dissolution due to the high temperature of the steam for the latter.
The water scrubber-dryers use microfibre brushes that rotate at high speed, soaked in water and detergent, to remove dirt.
Instead, the steam floor washers use a static, steam-laden cloth which, following the movement imparted by your arm, washes for light rubbing of tiles, granite, parquet and any type of sealed floor.
Much of the work is done by the high temperature at which the steam is delivered, thanks to which the dirt is practically dissolved before ending up trapped by the fibres of the cleaning cloth.
To say which of the two methods is more effective and efficient than the other is not easy. Still, there is an aspect that we think plays in favour of the water scrubbers (even if at the moment the models that represent them are neither the best sellers nor the most common on the market ).
The fact that dirty water is continuously sucked into the special tank, leaving the brushes clean and moist at the right point and avoiding annoying accumulations of liquid on the surfaces to be treated.
If you have used a steam scrubber sometimes, whether it was the cheapest or a model proposed by the best brand on the market, you will know that the microfibre cloth tends to become soaked with water, accumulating more and more dirt inside.
For this reason, it is good practice, depending on the surfaces to be cleaned, to replace it at least once during the same work session. This need does not occur with water scrubbers (provided that, like most of them, they give the suction function).
Other differences concern the comfort of use during the summer season and the use of chemical detergents.
The steam, emitted at temperatures close to or higher than that of boiling water (100 ° C), heats the surrounding air, creating a real “sauna effect” which can be annoying on hot summer days.
The water-based scrubber-dryers use and distribute water at room temperature on the floor, with the peace of mind of those who suffer most from the heat.
As for the use of detergents, if you want to get rid of them once and for all, you should instead focus on a steam scrubber.
The water-based ones, although delicate detergent solutions exist on a biological basis today, continue to use them. You may also decide to give up, but the result at that point is no longer guaranteed.
Integrated Function: Suction and Washing
If you have read our article so far, you will have understood that the water scrubbers integrate a washing function and a suction function for the dirty water and, at the same time, for the dirt (dust, hair and hair ) that they encounter on the floor.
The Bissell CrossWave 3-in-1 models mod. 17132 and Hoover Floormate FL700in particular, they can also function only as an aspirator, separating the two phases.
Whatever the operating principle, do not expect much from the suction side of these appliances, especially as regards the removal of dry dust.
The effectiveness of the vacuum cleaner is shown first in extracting the dirty water from the brushes during their rotation, helping to keep their humidity level constant and to keep them clean. Also, for this reason, vacuuming before washing almost always results in a better result.
The Parking Base (when There Is One) Also Functions as A Rinse Tank
It replaces the classic bucket in which the rag or mop is inserted to rinse it between one pass and another.
In practice, it is a base, built ad hoc for the model it matches, in which clean water is poured. Inside, the floor washer is placed to remove part of the dirt that has accumulated in the brushes.
Just activate them to make them release dirt into the water before putting them back in contact with the floor. Not all models of water washers are equipped with it.
Those that include them in their budget deserve an extra vote in our opinion. However, it must be said that obtaining a rinse tank suitable for the model of scrubber you have chosen is not so difficult.
Cable Length, Water Tank and Noise
If the purchase of your new water scrubber is aimed at speeding up and making the washing of the floorless tiring, it is right that you demand maximum practicality from it.
This is accomplished through some design and physical aspects of the appliance. First of all, the length of the electric cable that over five meters do not force you to change the power socket every time you pass from one room to another.
It seems of little importance, and instead, a sufficiently long cable helps to make daily cleaning faster and more comfortable.
Likewise, the capacity of the tank into which the solution of water and detergent is poured could be considered significant. A greater capacity corresponds to a long working autonomy.
True, but consider that the more capacious the tanks, the bulkier they are and that one of the priorities, in the design phase of the water scrubber-dryers, is to contain their overall dimensions and weight.
Even so, let us not forget, the water scrubber provides almost always a second tank in which is conveyed the water mixed with dirt.
Lastly, we remind you that, unlike steam scrubbers that need to be cooled before each topping up, water scrubbers can be topped up at any time without having to take special precautions
. Finally, pay attention to the noise expressed in dB (decibels). A silent scrubber is undoubtedly more comfortable than a noisy one (take a look in this regard to the technical data sheets published accompanying the various models covered in this guide ).
Finally, pay attention to the noise expressed in dB (decibels). A silent floor washer is undoubtedly more comfortable than a noisy one (take a look in this regard to the technical data sheets published accompanying the various models covered in this guide ).