Would we be able to live without wifi today? The Internet has generated such a revolution that not being able to access the network, or having a poor connection, is a luxury we cannot afford.
Unfortunately, many people think in this way, and almost all electronic devices depend on the Internet, so the connection becomes saturated, and the signal does not arrive. A solution to all this exists.
Right here we had selected some of the best wifi cards that can be installed on your computers.
- Super-Fast Speed – Make full use of your network with AC1200 WiFi speeds (867 Mbps on the 5GHz band and 300 Mbps on the 2.4GHz...
- Bluetooth 4.2 – Achieve 2.5× faster speed and 10× more packet capacity than Bluetooth 4.0
- Broad Wireless Range – Connect to your WiFi from further away with two external high-gain antennas ensuring greater range and...
- Easy Installation – Plug the adapter into an available PCI-E slot to upgrade your desktop (both standard and low profile...
- Windows Compatibility - Supports Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8 and 7 (32/64-bit)
- WiFi 6 PCIe Card - Reach incredible speeds up to 2.4 Gbps (2402 Mbps in 5 GHz or 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz) with ultra-low latency and...
- Minimized Lag for Your PC - The networking card is equipped with OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology to reduce lag so you can enjoy...
- Broader Range - 2 powerful signal-boost, high-gain antennas greatly inrease range for a smoother online gaming experience in...
- Bluetooth 5.2 for Greater Speed and Range - Equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology, Archer TX55E achieves 2x faster speeds...
- Cutting Edge WPA3 - Protector your network with the latest WPA3 security protocol so your information transmitted via the wireless...
- Dual-Band WiFi: Upgrade your Desktop PC with dual band PCI-E wireless adapter
- High-Gain Antenna: Advanced external high-gain antenna greatly enhances the reception and transmission signal strength for your...
- MU-MIMO - Improves the throughput and efficiency of the wireless network with MU-MIMO technology¹
- WPA3 Support- Improve your cybersecurity with more secure and individualized protection while being on the internet¹
- Easy Setup - The Archer T2E plugs easily into your PC's existing PCIE slot, featuring simple installation
- Intel WI-FI 6E AX210 module built-in
- Dedicated spectrum in 6GHz band for maximum speed and ultra-low latencies
- Support dual-stream Wireless in the 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz bands
- IEEE 802.11.acR2+ax compliant
- High speed wireless connection up to 2400Mbps
- Lightning fast speed: upgrade your Wi-Fi Card to 1200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds
- More stable performance: heat sink technology distributes heat away from core components to improve reliability and performance;...
- Ultimate range: increased wireless range with 2x external antennas to ensure a greater range of Wi-Fi connection and stability....
- Compatibility: Supports Windows 10 and 11 Please upgrade to 190108 insider preview build/ 8.1/ 8/ 7/ XP
- Industry Leading Support: 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support
- Wi-Fi 6 Technology Powered by Intel: The latest Wi-Fi 6 standard gives you incredible speed ultra-low latency and uninterrupted...
- Next-gen speeds up to 2.4Gbps Reach incredible speeds up to 2.4 Gbps (2402 Mbps on 5 GHz or 574 Mbps on 2 4 GHz) - Supports...
- Minimized lag for your PC Revolutionary OFDMA reduces lag so you can enjoy ultra-responsive real-time gaming or an immersive VR...
- Broader Coverage Two multi-directional and high-performance antennas with a magnetized base extends your existing Wi-Fi reception...
- Bluetooth 5.2 for Greater Speeds and Coverage: Archer TX3000E is equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 Technology achieving 2x...
- #Three Band with a total speed of up to 5400Mbps, the Ubit AX210S WiFi card meets your needs whether you are using 5Ghz, 2.4Ghz or...
- #6 GHz addresses Wi-Fi spectrum shortage by providing contiguous spectrum blocks to accommodate 14 additional 80 MHz channels and...
- #6GHz Wi-Fi offers not just a new swath of airwaves for routers to use, but a spacious swath that doesn’t require overlapping...
- #Minimized lag for your pc Revolutionary OFDMA reduces lag so you can enjoy ultra-responsive real-time gaming or an immersive VR...
- #BT 5.2 for greater speeds and coverage. AX210S is equipped with the latest BT 5.2 Technology achieving 2x faster speeds and 4x...
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 module built-in
- Up to 2400Mbps connection speed (theoretical)
- 802.11Abgn+acr2+ax(pre-standard) MIMO 2Tx2R
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Mu-mimo TX/RX
- AX210 WiFi 6E module Inside. Combined with AX210 WiFi 6E card, this WiFi 6E PCIe card brings faster and clearer Wi-Fi to fully...
- Bluetooth 5.2 Technology. WE3000 PCIe Bluetooth adapter is compatible with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 Technology, achieving 2×...
- WPA3 Advanced Security. The latest security enhancements—WPA3 provides more secure and individualized encryption in personal...
- Faster, Smoother and Broader. 1024-QAM and a 160 MHz bandwidth deliver powerful, continuous Wi-Fi signal, achieving speeds 3×...
- All the accessory contains in the package: One WE3000 with standard profile , Two 5 dBi High Gain Antennas, One Low-Profile...
- 🌸 【Ubit-WIE7265 WiFi Adapter-High-speed Connectivity】 Add high speed 1200Mbps Wi-Fi connectivity to a desktop computer...
- 🌸 【Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Chip】This bluetooth adapter for PC-Built-in Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 chipset....
- 🌸 【Ultra-high Compatibility】The Wireless PCI Express Adapter provides wide compatibility, fitting with any standard PCI...
- 🌸 【BT 4.0 Technology】Equipped with advanced technology and compatible with 99% BT capacity devices, Wireless connect a...
Buyer Guide to Choose Wifi Cards
Today, one of the most ultimate solutions to not risk losing the connection is given by the wifi cards. Have you ever heard of it? If you don’t know them, don’t worry. You are in the right place. We have prepared a guide, where we will inform you of everything you need to know about these useful devices.
What Exactly Is a wifi Card?
A wifi card is a necessary device that allows you to access all internet services or a local wireless network. And not only that: it offers higher connection quality, greater stability, and all this with a dual-band connection, which takes full advantage of the server’s potential without line drops or interference.
The wifi card is inserted in the expansion slot integrated into the computer’s motherboard and is fixed well to the base, to prevent movements from causing it to fall. All models have one or two integrated antennas, and various reception antennas, to ensure good signal coverage.
In Which Devices Can a wifi Card Be Used?
Wifi cards are primarily designed for stationary computers. Unlike laptops, the desktop PC cannot be moved as often, so it is necessary to have a wifi network card with a large signal reception range. Thus it will be possible to stay away from the wireless connection without losing the efficiency of the Internet.
How Is a wifi Card Made?
The wifi card is a kind of metal plate that almost always has antennas. This device installs on a desktop computer. In practice, it consists of the following elements: connector, actual board, an anchor plate, and the receiving antennas.
- Slot Connector: takes care of transmitting data between the card ports and the motherboard.
- Board: it is the plate on which all the chips and circuits are fixed and soldered.
- Anchor Plate: it is metal and contains the connection ports as well as serving as a mounting point for the home PC.
- Receiving Antennas: allow you to receive and transmit radio waves for the wireless network.
What Are the Antennas for A wifi Card?
In practice, the antennas of a wifi card take care of capturing the best internet signal. Typically, they are connected directly to the board and remain stationary in the back of the Case.
In almost all models, the antennas are flexible and adjustable. That is, you can point them towards the area where there is greater coverage of the wifi signal. The antennas can also amplify the power of the network. The percentage is variable, but usually, each wifi card has two or three antennas.
This arrangement has the disadvantage of being covered by a desk, wall, or location of the homes of the computer. For this reason, if we want to keep a good signal, we must consider the positions.
How Do I Install a wifi Card?
Wifi cards allow the computer to connect to the Internet wirelessly. But to make the most of them, you need to know how to use them, and more importantly, how to install them.
If you know something about computer science, it won’t seem complicated, but if it is not your sector, you must pay close attention to the steps that we show you here to follow.
- Unpack the Product: carefully remove the card from the package and keep all the accessories included.
- Turn Off the Computer: to operate without problems or risks, turn off the computer and remove all cables and sockets connected to it.
- Remove the Case: take a Phillips screwdriver (generally included in the board kit) and remove the side panel of the computer.
- Locate the PCI-E Slots, Also Called Pci Express: normally, they are located in the lower right part of the Case, and you will quickly recognize them since they have a sheet metal on their left side.
- Ready for Installation: take the screwdriver and push firmly on the small rectangular sheet placed in the PCI slot where you will install the network card. Push and pull on the sides until it comes off.
- Installation: Insert the card into the PCI slot. Then, replace the panel and secure it with the screws you removed earlier, then connect the cables.
What Else Is Missing to Make a wifi Card Work?
On your computer, click on the wifi icon and set up your wireless network. Select the wifi connection issued by the home router and, if it requires a password, enter it.
Then, launch the default internet browser and open a page. You can try anyone to check if the connection between the router and the network card is working correctly.
Do Drivers Need to Be Installed to Make the wifi Card Work?
In most cases, yes. But it is very easy to do it! For the computer to recognize the wifi card you have inserted, you need to install the corresponding drivers.
Typically, you can find them on the manufacturer’s website and download them from there, or if the model of the card you purchased comes with a CD, you can use that too.
Then, turn on the computer and go to the official website. Here, select the driver section and download the files corresponding to the model of your wifi card. Finally, click on “install” and restart your computer to save and apply the changes just made in the configuration and installation of the drivers, and we will be ready to use the new card.
If you plan to install a new wifi card on your desktop computer, it means that you want to improve the wireless connection. The market offers several solutions that may prove useful, but not all are the same.
To help you make the right decision, we have prepared a list of purchase criteria that we consider indispensable for wifi cards.
- Connection speed and bandwidth
- Installation type
- Covering radius
Connection Speed and Bandwidth
If the aim is to have a faster, safer, and more stable connection network, it is important to consider the wifi cards that allow dual-band connection. As we have explained, only under certain conditions can we reach truly surprising speeds, up to 1.9 Gbps? Router compatibility must be checked.
Wifi cards are installed in the Case of the desktop computer. This requires minimal skill to loosen and screw the screws and to insert the plate in the corresponding points. Therefore, it is advisable to make sure that the steps are simple, and to be able to perform them without problems on our computer model.
One of the factors necessary for internet connection is the signal reception range. In this regard, the antennas with which some wifi cards are equipped, play a fundamental role. We must then check that the model we have chosen includes at least two antennas and that these are not of an uncomfortable size to prevent the correct Installation.
Wifi cards are not compatible with all desktop computer models. They are specific with regard to the operating systems that support their Installation. Therefore, before making the purchase, you must carefully read the product description to confirm that there are no conflicts or malfunctions.
Wifi cards, or network adapters, are small devices that are installed in a desktop computer, to improve the wireless connection. In practice, they help ensure greater stability, speed, and network coverage.
They represent one of the most efficient solutions for online connection, so much so that later they have spread a lot. To make them work, you need a computer with a compatible operating system.
We must also consider the router and check if we can use the dual-band wifi card because it operates faster than a single frequency card. We must also not forget to install the corresponding drivers, which are often included on a CD.