You may be thinking of buying a new lawnmower with the arrival of summer. After all, nothing is fascinating in an uncared for green space. Taking care of your garden can be a relaxing and fun activity if you have the right tools at your disposal.
A good lawn mower can be your best companion in garden care. There is a large variety of lawnmowers and lawnmowers on the market. Each model has its characteristics and is suitable for specific types of gardens.
Here we had selected some of the best lawn mowers you can choose the one that suits your needs.
- Kobalt 80-volt cordless mower offers up to 80 minutes runtime on a fully charged 5.0 Ah battery. Sturdy 21-in steel deck ensures toughness and tenacity for the life of the mower
- Auto-sensing technology automatically adjusts motor performance for greater power or runtime based on changing grass conditions from area to area
- Single-lever height adjustment lets you conveniently choose from 7 separate height adjustments
- On-board indicator helps you monitor remaining battery charge; collapsible handle for convenient vertical storage
- Brushless motor delivers more power and torque to help cut through the thickest grass. 5.0 Ah battery and charger included
- 140CC OHV GAS POWERED ENGINE: Engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- 21-INCH CUTTING DECK: Efficient cutting deck helps trim grass in one quick pass for an easier yard job.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
- DURABLE WHEELS: Zag Treaded tires measure 7 inches in the front and 8 inches in the back.
- 3-in-1 ELECTRIC LAWN MOWER: Corded mower, trimmer and edger combined in 1 compact machine
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: 9.9 lbs with adjustable handle and height positions for comfort and control
- AUTOMATIC FEED SPOOL: Feed more cable without stopping or bumping.
- COMPACT MOWING: Built for smaller yards with a 12-inch cutting width and 1.6 inch cutting height
- UNLIMITED RUNTIME: Gasless corded power with built-in cord retention system to prevent accidental disconnection. Extension cord not included.
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR: The Cordless lawn mower is equipped with a brushless motor, which has less vibration and lower noise (96dB), longer service life than brush motors. Low-maintenance BRUSHLESS motor that delivers super-smooth cut at a speed of 3900 rpm. So you can mow without worrying about disturbing your family or neighbors!
- POWERFUL BATTERY:This super high-capacity 40V Lithium-ion battery (ASIN:B0893VGBVR) delivers up to 2200 sq ft run time with incredible power and performance. Actual runtime varies depending on lawn condition and operation technique.
- TIDY CUTTING: Equipped with a flow-optimized steel blade , the battery lawn mower cuts a crisp 13'' wide path with precision in a single pass. 5 cutting heights could be selected range from 0.8''-2.4'' with a single lever for different seasons and preferences.
- EASY TO USE: Equipped with a large 30 Litre grass box, meaning less time spent emptying grass clippings; The tool can only be used with the activation key. If the key is removed, the tool switches off to guard against unintentional activation. The tool can be safely stored and transported.
- PERFECT AFTER-SALES SERVICE: 24 month warranty on machine, 12 month warranty on battery; If you have any questions or problems, please contact our official customer support team; Our professional support team will help you solve your problem within 24 hours.
- POWERFUL ENGINE: 140cc reliable engine equipped with recoil start and primer. Battle tested and battle ready to get to work right away and help you get the job done.
- MUTLIPLE HEIGHT SETTINGS: Dual lever height adjuster with 6 different height settings. Whether your lawn needs a light trim or a full cut, find the height setting that fits the task at hand.
- 2-IN-1 CUTTING DECK: Side discharge and mulching capabilities.
- EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE: 21" cutting deck to assist you in trimming your lawn as fast as possible. Mow wider areas of grass with fewer passes.
- DURABLE TIRES: 7-inch and 8-inch wheels with bar treading capable of handling unique and uneven terrains. Effortlessly drive through hard or loose soil.
- Durable 20-inch steel deck
- Powerful 12 Amp Motor
- 3-In-1 (Mulching, Side Discharge, and Rear Bag)
- 7-position single lever height adjustment
- Push button start. Drive system: Manual
- The Greenworks Pro 80V Mower features a 21" steel deck, brushless motor, self-propelled rear wheel drive, 3-In-1 design, 7-position single handle height adjustment, vertical storage, push button start, 4-year tool, 2-year battery
- Greenworks Pro 80V brushless mower provides up to 45 minutes run-time with fully charged 4Ah battery. Run-time varies based on grass condition and operator technique
- Durable 21" steel deck allows you to handle large areas of grass quickly and easily. Self-propelled rear wheel drive can be easily adjusted to your stride
- Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- 3-In-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings. Use up to 70% less space in your garage with the vertical storage feature
- G-max 40V Li-Ion battery system powers multiple tools for complete yard work system-includes one 4 Ah battery and one 2 Ah battery and charger
- 20-inch cutting deck offers a great balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas
- Innovative smart cut technology adjusts for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass
- Dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities
- Kindly review the user manual under technical specification for troubleshooting steps and set up instructions
- POWERFUL: 13-amp motor cuts a 17-inch wide path
- HEIGHT CONTROL: Tailor cutting Height with 7-position Height control
- CONVERTIBLE: Mulching + mowing function. Size of Yard - 1/4 - 1/2 Acre. No Load Speed (rpm)- 3500
- GRASS COLLECTOR: Detachable grass collection bag for easy disposal
Lawn Mowers Buying Guide
Lawnmowers are machines that help us in the task of cutting and taking care of our garden. There are different models, each able to adapt to concrete needs.
If you are not a professional, it can be challenging to understand how they work. We then tried to answer the most common questions about lawnmowers.
What Is a Lawn Mower?
Lawnmowers are ‘relatives’ of what were once large agricultural machines that were used to cut wheat, or other types of cereals, during the winter.
As technology has evolved, modern lawn mowers are born for mowing green forage from hay, and also for cutting the grass of parks, gardens and sports fields, among others.
Lawnmowers are composed of a cutting bar and a blade with reciprocating movement inside points, as well as a reel that pushes the vegetation against the cutting bar. There are manual, motorized machines and some industrial mowers with the ability to cut large areas of vegetation in a single pass.
Types of Lawn Mowers
It is essential to take into account that not all lawnmowers are suitable for any grass. Some machines are manufactured to be able to cut tall, thick grass or with other kinds of the bush.
You must also pay attention to the size of your garden and the area to be mowed because for small spaces, manual machines are recommended. Later, we will see the different types of lawnmowers, from manual models to those similar to tractors, without forgetting modern robots and models with electricity or petrol.
Why Is It Recommended to Buy a Lawnmower?
If you have a garden with grass, you want to show it and enjoy it to the fullest. When the grass grows, and various weeds appear, nobody cares about its appearance. Using the rake for leaves and grass helps, but it is not enough to have a perfect garden.
Lawnmowers are machines designed to cut the grass comfortably and easily. They are equipped with adjustable height, which will allow you to equalize the cut across the surface. They will also allow you to eliminate weeds, most comfortably and quickly.
Is the Size of My Garden Important to Buy a Lawn Mower?
As you have seen in the table dedicated to the various types of lawnmowers that exist, the size of your garden will influence the purchase decision. If you have a small green space, for example, a small garden in front of the house, a manual or electric lawn mower will suffice.
A simple tool that allows you to do the job in a short time and without too much effort. In return, if you have a large plot of land, with gradients and obstacles such as rocks or trees, you should think about buying other models with powerful engines.
Of all the lawnmowers, the petrol ones are the best in this case, because they allow a perfect cut and are ideal for large gardens.
What Maintenance Is Needed for A Mower’s Engines?
Like any motorized machinery, lawnmowers also need the care to function properly. It is essential to consider things like changing the oil, cleaning the filters and carburetor, spark plugs, and other emergency repairs, such as lubricating some parts.
If you have never cleaned or repaired a mower, our advice is to bring the machine to a professional who can help you. If you decide to do it yourself, read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before touching anything.
What Maintenance Do Your Mower’s Blades Need?
The blades of a lawnmower can lose their thread over time. For this reason, once a year, it is recommended to sharpen them to continue to achieve an optimal cut of the grass.
To sharpen the blades, you will first need to turn the machine over and unhook the base. Once free, we will use a file to sharpen the edges again. Below, we explain step by step how to maintain and sharpen the blades of your lawnmower.
- Check that the machine is turned off.
- Turn the machine over.
- Remove the blades. Some models need tools, while others work with a push lock.
- Once the blades are pulled out, check the edges.
- If you notice notches on edge, it means you need to re-sharpen.
- To do this, use a manual, electric sharpener, or a grinding wheel.
- Once sharpened, you will need to put them back in their original position. Check that they are well-positioned and secured to avoid accidents.
How Do I Clean a Mower?
In addition to maintenance, a lawnmower needs periodic care. Every time you use it, it will have to be cleaned if you want to extend its useful life as much as possible.
For optimal cleaning, you need to pay attention to every part of the mower. With each use, you will have to clean it externally with a brush to eliminate any sticky remains.
You will have to make sure when you finish working with the machine, that there are no grass residues left in the lower part. Whenever possible, use a water barrel to remove plant remains that have stuck to the internal components or blades. Be careful not to let the water come into contact with the electrical part of the engine.
When Should I Cut the Grass?
A frequently asked question about the care to be given to the garden concerns the frequency with which you have to devote yourself to cleaning and to cut the grass.
It is essential to know that there are no fixed dates. The regularity of the cut depends on the climatic conditions and the time of the year you are in, as well as the variety of the grass.
In general, the grass needs to be cut more frequently during the summer months (once a week on average). During spring and autumn, they will be enough two or three times a month. In winter, it is not necessary to cut it. Make the pruning in the last hours of the day, avoiding the hottest moments.
How High Should the Grass Be Cut?
The height of the cut is another essential factor to take into consideration when dedicating yourself to the garden. The ideal height is quite high, between 5 and 10 centimeters.
If you cut the grass following our advice, you will allow it to maintain its biomass and, consequently, it will continue to grow healthy, bright, and at a good pace. On the contrary, too low a height will have adverse effects on your garden.
Also, you will risk compromising your machinery, wearing it out faster, and increasing the risk of hitting stones and damaging the blades. Maintain an adequate height, especially in summer, to facilitate the survival of your lawn throughout the season.
Two important reasons for choosing a lawnmower have to do with wheels: the first is that petrol models are heavy, while the second is that cutting the lawn is a time-consuming job. On the market, some machines weigh between 6 and 28 kg, for which the wheels are a fundamental factor.
Do you think you will spend a lot of time pushing the lawnmower into your garden outdoors? Choose a model with resistant and low-friction wheels. Petrol models have unique wheels, which facilitate work. Pay attention to customer characteristics and comments on this point.
There are many types and models of mowers, and although choosing seems easy, it is not. For this reason, we have created this guide with the best models and all the necessary information. You will be able to find the product that best suits your needs and your budget, without regretting the purchase made.
With electric, gasoline engines, autonomous models that we can program to do the job in our place, tractor models that allow us to work comfortably seated.
On the market, there is a wide variety of choice of lawnmowers, and now you need to choose the most suitable to admire your well-kept and elegant garden all year round.