Balanced Headphones are one of the most popular technological devices. They are used on many occasions, and many models suitable for different uses can be found, whether it is listening to music, playing video games, or playing sports.
In any case, headphones allow us to enjoy excellent levels of sound quality. However, when buying a new headphone model, several factors need to be assessed, such as comfort and design. Because if you don’t feel comfortable with them, it won’t be many weeks before you stop using them.
Here we had selected some of the best-balanced headphones that are present below.
- Reference class open back, dynamic headphone employing new and improved transducers delivering low harmonic distortion
- Transducers are hand selected for precise (1 dB) left / right matching tolerance insure exceptional accuracy and presentation of...
- 150 ohm nominal impedance allows direct connection to home and mobile Hires audio devices. Contact pressure: 6.0 N - 1 N
- Para aramid reinforced, detachable cables employ high conductive OFC copper to insure signal integrity with very low handling...
- Supplied with two connection cables: One with a 6.35 millimeter stereo plug, the other a 4.4 millimeter Pentaconn balanced stereo...
- The HD 820 delivers an unparalleled, reference-grade audiophile listening experience in a closed headphone
- Innovative glass reflectors and frequency absorber systems replicate the wide open characteristics of audiophile speakers in a...
- 56mm Ring Radiator transducers and Glass Reflectors provide total immersion in your music with absolute detail and a breathtaking...
- Made in Germany using the finest materials for sound integrity, build quality, and luxurious comfort
- Connectivity technology: Wired
- The IE 800 S provides breathtaking reference-grade audiophile sound you can fit in a pocket
- Sealed ear canal fit isolates the listener from their environment for giant-sized sound anywhere (wide assortment of eartips are...
- Made in Germany with proprietary 7mm Extra Wide Band transducers in a rugged ceramic body that sounds like a full-size headphone
- A specially developed Dual Chamber Absorber system prevents frequency crowding to reveal subtle details buried in your music
- Planar Drivers: Not your typical headphone driver! The planar driver in the M1060C has been completely redesigned and engineered...
- Several enhancements have been made, including a new symmetrical magnet structure that allows the planar driver to be much more...
- Closed Back Design: Outside noise stays out and only the music stays in! The 1060C delivers excellent audio isolation, allowing...
- This makes the M1060C the perfect audiophile choice for those that may need to listen in less than silent environments.
- Comfort: The Monolith M1060C has been engineered to be comfortable for extended listening sessions. Large, comfy earpads made of...
- Impedance - 36 ohms
- High-Resolution Audio compatible for pristine sound
- Wide frequency range (4-100,000Hz)
- Newly developed 70mm driver unit
- Upgraded comfort & stability
- Φ4.4 Balanced Standard plug
- Open studio reference class headphones for mixing and mastering, Made in Germany
- 250 ohms, 45 mm dynamic Tesla neodymium drivers
- Single sided, detachable cable with mini-XLR connectors
- Soft, replaceable ear pads and headband for long studio sessions. Headphone frequency response : 5-40,000 Hz. Nominal sound...
- Delivery contents: 2 ear pads with different sound characteristics (analytical and well-balanced), two pairs of cables (3m...
- Flawless design and look: the precious metallic look is effectively complemented by the dark, technical impression of the...
- Sound personalization through app: with the beyerdynamic MIY app, you can personalize the sound of their AM iron Wireless. The...
- Bluetooth Wireless technology: the Bluetooth Wireless technology allows the use with all devices such as smartphones, tablets or...
- Convenient design for easy operation: The headphones are switched on or off via a button. An LED integrated in the button displays...
- An audiophile’s dream: these portable and lightweight earphones produce balanced and incredibly detailed Hi-Fi sound everywhere
- Larger-than-life sound from 7mm XWB transducers, crafted in Germany specifically for in-ear listening using the entire frequency...
- A specialized back volume and absorbing resonator chamber reduces frequency masking effects to improve clarity
- Exceptional isolation from your environment for clear sound and a big soundstage everywhere thanks to the wide assortment of...
- Equipped with a para-aramid reinforced cable with gold plated MMCX Fidelity plus connector which possesses a special recessed and...
- Open back, around ear, reference class dynamic headphone
- 56mm ring radiator transducers are the largest drivers ever used in dynamic headphones
- Innovative absorber technology reduces unwanted frequency response peaks allowing all the music nuances to become audible
- Unique ear cup design directs sound waves to the ear at a slight angle to create an impressively natural and spatial listening...
- Includes two connecting cables: single ended 1/4 inches And balanced 4. 4 mm Pentacon cable
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Hi-Res Audio: Custom oversized 40 mm dynamic drivers produce Hi-Res sound. Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones reproduce...
- Reduce Ambient Noises By Up to 90%: Our team of engineers conducted more than 100,000 tests in real-life scenarios to fine-tune...
- 100% Stronger Bass: Our exclusive BassUp technology conducts real-time analysis of the low frequencies to instantly strengthen the...
- 40-Hour Playtime*: Up to 40 hours of non-stop playtime in wireless active noise cancellation mode (at 60% volume) is extended to...
- 2-in-1 gaming headset — The first headset from Bose engineered for both wired gaming and wireless lifestyle use. Play everything...
- World-class noise cancelling gaming headset — With best-in-class noise cancelling technology, the QC35 II Gaming Headset clears...
- Comfortable gaming headphones — Made using materials specially selected for their comfort and lightweight to enjoy hours of...
- Detachable boom mic — The QC35 II Gaming Headset includes a removable gaming module that adds a boom mic and mic mute that plugs...
- Noise-rejecting mic — As wired gaming headphones, the Discord and TeamSpeak-certified boom mic rejects noise so teammates hear...
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Balanced Headphones
Before buying headphones, it is essential to consider several features that these must-have to meet your needs best. Do not forget that there are several models of headphones, each with particular characteristics, which make them more suitable for one use or another.
Therefore, in this section, we try to answer the most common questions from users.
What Exactly Are Headphones?
Headphones are electronic devices that can be connected to audio players that allow you to convert an electrical signal into a sound signal. This audio signal can be heard thanks to the speakers close to the ears. In general, these are usually quite light and easy to carry
Why Are Headphones Used?
The reasons for buying a pair of headphones are many and varied. You may need them to listen to music on the street or public transportation while you go to class or work.
Or maybe, you want to play some video games and in this case, opt for gaming headphones. Or maybe to listen to music or watch movies when you travel.
Another exciting use of headphones can be found in sports, especially running.
In this case, you may be interested in water and sweat-resistant headphones. Also, currently, some models can be immersed in water that can be used for swimming. And some people wear them as fashion accessories.
What Types of Headband Headphones Are There?
As we have already said, the headband headphones can be divided into sculptural and circumaural. The former is quite light and easy to carry. The size of the circumaural headphones instead is much larger, as their pads surround the ear. In this way, they offer a much more natural sound experience.
Open or Closed?
Depending on the exterior finish of the headphone pavilion, the headphones can be opened or closed. The former are those that do not completely isolate the noise coming from outside, allowing part of the sound emitted to come out. The latter, on the other hand, are designed to insulate, both inwards and outwards.
Wired or Wireless Headphones?
Surely you are wondering which option suits you best, headphones with a cable or wireless ones? In general, the former will allow you to enjoy the better sound quality. However, in recent years the connection of Bluetooth headphones has improved thanks to the aptX HD </ em> codec considerably.
Wireless headphones are much more comfortable and allow greater freedom of movement. They are perfect for playing sports and for use with your mobile phone. Their range is about 10 meters. Of course, you need to remember that battery life is limited.
What Is Active Noise Canceling on Headphones?
Some headphones incorporate an active noise cancellation system. It is a technology initially created to reduce aviators’ auditory stress. Noise cancellation allows you to isolate yourself from the environment and hear only the sound coming from the headphones.
It is an ideal system for long days of travel by train or plane and to isolate oneself from boisterous environments. However, it is not recommended to use it while walking on the street or a bicycle, as it can be dangerous. For this reason, some headphones allow you to enable and disable active noise cancellation.
When you decide to buy a pair of headphones, you should take into account several essential criteria. To help you in the selection process, we have selected the ones we consider most important. We chose them trying to get the most out of the device you could buy about its price.
You won’t need the same headphones to listen to music at home comfortably or to play video games, or, of course, if you have to travel or listen to music on the way to go to class or to work.
Probably, if you intend to use them abroad on the go or in your daily routine, you will be interested in buying a more resistant model. If you use headphones to play video games, you should opt for the gaming type.
On the other hand, if what you want is to wear beautifully designed headphones, you should take a look at the Beats headphones, even if these are not the only ones that stand out for their design. Fortunately, there are options for all tastes.
Sensitivity is linked to the sound power offered by the headphones and is measured in decibels (dB). You should know that a 3 dB increase in sensitivity reduces the power needed to reach a particular volume by half. Of course, keep in mind that the human ear can only support up to 100 dB.
The impedance, measured in ohms (Ω), indicates the resistance offered by the headphones to the passage of electric current. The smaller it is, the higher the volume the headphones can play with the same power. In general, values between 16 and 80 ohms of impedance ensure proper performance.
In addition to the sound quality, each headphone is characterized by a particular sound profile. This depends on its predetermined equalization, or rather on the reinforcement or reduction of some frequencies (low, medium or high). For example, Beats headphones are distinguished by better bass.
The most common equalizations are balanced or flat, V and based. The ones that respect the original sound most are flat or balanced equalizations. V power bass or treble equalization is best for listening to rock, hip-hop or electronic music. The basshead focuses in particular on the bass.
If the purchased headphones aren’t comfortable for you, in two weeks, you will stop using them. In general, comfort will mainly depend on the design, the materials, the softness and padding of the pavilions and, of course, the pressure exerted on the head.
Also, in the specific case of headphones with a headband, a larger pavilion generally offers greater comfort. Another aspect to consider is the connection with cable or not. If they have lines, the headphones should also have an anti-roll system or a practical clamp to attach them to clothes.
Nowadays, there are many options for connecting headphones to the music player. From the traditional 3.5 mm jack input to Bluetooth or WiFi connections, without forgetting the connections via USB port. In the latter cases, you will want to know which connection standards are supported.
In the case of the Bluetooth connection, the most recent version is 5.1, while for USB ports the most modern and therefore faster standard is USB 3.0 Type-C. In general, the truth is that the wired connection usually offers a higher level of quality than wireless connections.
Logically, this criterion only applies to wireless headphones. In this case, battery autonomy is one of the most important aspects to consider when choosing purchases. Nothing is worse than running out of battery at the most inopportune moment.
Fortunately, to avoid this problem, many manufacturers also offer the option to connect headphones via cable. In any case, today, it is already possible to find devices that offer up to 30 hours of autonomy. Of course, keep in mind that in general, more freedom will mean an increase in weight and price.