To combat the heat and summer heat, the portable air conditioner is an excellent alternative to fixed systems. It is preferred for its greater practicality and ease of installation, and for its lower price.
However, despite being a less complicated appliance than the fixed ones, it still has several variables that must be carefully analyzed before purchasing.
Thanks to a guide like this, it is possible to get a clearer idea of which portable air conditioner to choose. Here we will be listing the top 12 best basement window air conditioners.
- Your purchase includes One Frigidaire FFRE0833U1 Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner, 8,000 BTU | One Remote control & Pleated Quick Window Mount
- Air conditioner dimensions – 20” W x 15” D x 12” H | Weight – 57 lbs. | Window required dimensions – 24”-36” W x 13” H | Highest Noise level dB – 59 | Cool area – 350 Sq. Ft | Voltage – 115V 60 Hz | Dehumidification: 1.9 pints/hr.
- Allows you to precisely control the temperature and fan speed from across the room
- Features three different fan speeds, for more cooling flexibility. | Our air conditioners maintain the preset room temperature, so you will remain comfortable at all times
- Maximum comfort throughout the evening hours with the added benefit of energy savings. With Sleep Mode, the temperature gradually increases a few degrees over the evening
- KEEP THE HOT AIR OUT – The whole point of air conditioners is to cool the air. This window seal for portable air-conditioners kit keeps the cool air inside your room by effectively diffusing the hot air out of the window. The window seal tightly locks the hose from your air-conditioner between the window and window frame. It fits windows with a maximum perimeter of 158 inches.
- BARRIER AROUND THE WINDOW FRAME – Our window seal creates a barrier around your open window, zips around your portable air conditioner exhaust hose. This prevents the hot summer air from entering your room and makes your air-conditioner much more efficient as it was before. Your AC will cool your room quicker and cheaper!
- NO MORE INSECTS – tired of flies and mosquitos? This product also keeps the insects outside!
- EASY STEP-BY-STEP INSTALLATION (WITH PICTURES) – All you need for installation of this window seal is already included in your package. No need for expensive installation kits and tools! It is very simple and best used on casement windows of maximum perimeter of 158 inches.
- 5,000 BTU air conditioner with fixed chassis for window-mounted installation in a room up to 150 sq. ft.
- 1-2-5 years warranty! (1 year labor, 2 years parts and 5 years compressor)
- Flexible options include Cool, Dry, Fan and Auto mode
- Excess moisture removal up to 1.1 pints per hour for a more comfortable environment
- Quiet operation keeps you cool and comfortable without keeping you awake (on low dBA = 50)
- More than 35% Energy Savings: With the advanced DC Inverter technology, Midea U achieves over 35% energy savings compared to other traditional units, and it's the first window AC to obtain the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2020 Certification. You may also get exclusive benefits from your local energy distributor
- Extreme Quiet: 9 times quieter than some traditional units. The U-shape blocks the noise from the cooling system using your window. This design allows for extremely quiet operation as low as 42 dBA - almost as quiet as a library – so you can get a restful night’s sleep or binge your favorite shows undisturbed
- Flexible window open: Midea U-shaped design allows your window to open, bringing fresh air into your home anytime allowing you to maintain more of your view
- Smart Control: The Midea U is Wi-Fi- enabled, it can be controlled from anywhere through the cloud using the MideaAir app on iOS or Android. You can also use voice commands with Alexa or Google Assistant if you prefer
- Robust Installation: Support bracket is included for a more robust installation that supports the unit with the window open or closed. Available for single-hung or double hung window with size: 22-36 inches, minimal height at 13.75 inches.
- Dimensions: 14.6’’ L x 13.8’’ W x 27.2’’ H | Weight: 53.02 lbs
- Your purchase includes: Portable Air Conditioner, Window Mount Kit, Quick Setup Guide, Remote Control (batteries not included).
- Handy and portable: the SereneLife portable air conditioner system features a lightweight, handy, sleek body design intended to be used in the bedroom, living room or garage at home or office. It features rolling wheels for easy portability
- 3 operating modes: The compact floor AC indoor cooler conditioning unit features a simple electric Plug in operation and introduces 3 modes Cooling, dehumidifier and fan. The default mode is cooling, It is automatically activated after power on
- Built in dehumidifier: You don’t only get the cooling effect of the portable AC but also helps reduce humidity levels, acts as purifier which makes your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mildew by selecting dehumidifier mode
- LOW NOISE PERFORMANCE: Operates at sound levels as low as 53dB (in low mode) eliminating unnecessary noise
- ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED: This air conditioner has met the high standards of the energy star program using energy-efficient technologies that translate into electricity savings.
- MULTIPLE FAN SPEEDS: 3 cooling and fan speeds with auto cool allow you to customize your cooling.
- MAXIMUM USABILITY: Easy to use electronic controls with remote
- COOLS ROOMS UP TO 350 Square Feet: LW8016ER is ideal for cooling medium rooms (14' X 25')
- 𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐋 𝐅𝐈𝐓 - Our AC exhaust vent has an anti-clockwise thread direction so make sure to check this is correct for your AC before purchasing. The diameter of our AC hose is 5.9 inches which means it can fit most portable air conditioners on the market including LG, Frigidaire, Whynter, SPT, Honeywell, Haier, Emerson and Newair.
- 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 - Kraftex Air Conditioning Hose is made of strong, flexible polypropylene which makes it long lasting - withstanding any wear and tear without leaking. Keep your portable LG air conditioner in EXCELLENT CONDITION with our AC hose.
- 𝐀𝐃𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐇 - Keep the AC vent at its shortest length, 15 inches, or fully extend it to 80 inches. At home or in the office, our flexible, extendable air conditioning hose fits into any space.
- 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐗 - Extend the AC hose to meet up with the existing vent, line up the front of the hose and put on the unit specific coupler (sold separately, usually comes with AC unit). Turn ANTI-CLOCKWISE until it snaps into place - it’s that simple.
- 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 - We’ve spent years developing our AC hoses so they are the best quality possible. We truly believe that these are the best AC hoses on the market and we stand by that - if our AC hose has left you feeling hot and bothered, we’ll FULLY REFUND YOUR PURCHASE. So, click ‘Add to Cart’ now and buy with confidence.
- POWERFUL COOLING CAPACITY: The 6,000 BTU window air conditioner is powerful enough to cool rooms up to 250 sq. ft. and features multiple fan speeds that allow you to choose your level of comfort.
- COMFORTABLY QUIET: Thoughtfully designed to not disturb you, this ac unit noise level is as low as 50 decibels so you can enjoy serene cooling in peace.
- ENERGY SAVINGS: TCL’s line of Energy Star Certified window AC units help you save on your energy bill when compared to similar models.
- KEEP YOUR ENERGY BILL LOW: Sleep mode lowers your energy bill to keep you comfortable at night while eco-mode saves you energy during the day.
- COOLING EVERYWHERE YOU NEED IT: Customize the direction of airflow to where you need it most with 8-way cooling using two 4-way directional vents.
- User-friendly design: universal model, suitable for all portable air conditioners with 5.9" diameter hoses
- Innovative ways:PVC clamping rail can be installed on all types of sliding windows both vertically and horizontally and can therefore be used variably.
- Flexible use:6.3 "Width telescoping sealing rails, the seal size of the rail can be variably adjusted between 67 and 120 cm
- Quality Assurance: durable PVC material, low weight can be easily attached and removed and stored space-saving when not in use.
- Energy saving and reliable: The window seal for mobile air conditioning systems with exhaust air hose prevents the ingress of hot air and thus increases the efficiency of the device.
- UNIVERSAL SIZE:The mouth of the hole is 5inches.fits most portable ac units with 5inch air outlet.pls check the size and before your buying
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH:The plate can be stretched to 47in,longer enough for your need,just stretch it freely.
- ABSOLUTE SEALING:Most of the window kit seal for mobile ac in the market inevitably have small gaps after installation.The Sealing Tape we offer effectively avoid this problem.Which Effectively Isolates Hot Air From Entering The Room And Fixed the Plate.
- LONG LASTING:The vent hose is made of thickened pvc,durable and light weight,easy to install and remove.
- WIDELY APPLICATION:Suitable For Vertical Or Horizental Slide Windows, Rv Windows or Silde Doors,It Can Not Be Used With Casement Window
- 6, 000 BTU window air conditioner
- Energy Star rating
- Uses standard 115-volt/15-amp electrical outlet
- Cools a room up to 260 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 1. 8 pints per hour
Best Basement Window Air Conditioners Buyer Guide
To make a comparison between the various portable air conditioners on the market and identify the most suitable one for your needs, first evaluate its BTU (British Thermal Unit) and, that is, the unit of measurement indicates its power.
You will need to choose the right appliance based on the size of the room you want to air-condition and other parameters (exposure to the sun, number of windows present, etc.) .
Keeping in mind that a too-small machine will not be able to cool effectively; on the contrary, a too-large unit will not be able to remove the right amount of moisture from the air. This will be accompanied by a separate BTU classification in the presence of a heat pump for heating.
In the case of the portable air conditioner, this is not a simple evaluation. Unlike the fixed one, the rooms to be cooled can be different.
Closely related to the power of the portable air conditioner is its consumption. Today it is mandatory to indicate on the label the energy class in which each machine falls (ranging from A +++ to D), and this becomes one of the most relevant parameters to consider.
Portable air conditioners with more efficient energy classes have a higher initial cost, which is gradually amortized over time thanks to the energy savings they can guarantee. A guide to choosing the best inexpensive portable air conditioner may be useful.
To choose the appliance that best suits your needs, some compare prices, BTU and consumption, and who, on the other hand, is most interested in its practicality and maintenance.
The portable air conditioner, in fact, collects humidity from the air, which, unlike the fixed ones, must then be managed. In units with containers, the water is collected, and then it must be emptied periodically. When this fills up to its maximum limit, afloat switches off the air conditioner to avoid flooding.
But there are very convenient systems on the market in which the condensate is not produced at all since it is evaporated internally, leaving no water to be removed.
In other cases, the condensate is entirely or partially eliminated by evaporation outwards through the drainpipe, so it will rarely be necessary to empty the container.
There are not many units that can boast these functions, and the best brand of portable air conditioners, for someone, maybe precisely that which offers the latest developments in technology.
For others, however, the best portable air conditioner on the market may be the quieter ones. In fact, although the technology has gone a long way in this case too, the machine cannot be expected to be extremely quiet because the engine that cools/heats, unlike the fixed air conditioners, is located inside the house.
We must, therefore, pay attention to two critical parameters which are the minimum noise level and the maximum noise level declared.
A silently fixed air conditioner also reaches around 20 dB of noise. In portable ones, we are about 45 (minimum ventilation speed) up to 70 dB.
Eco-Friendly and Low Consumption
The advantages of the AN112 Silent are manifold; first of all, as can be seen from the name, its noise level is decidedly contained compared to other portable air conditioners of other brands, thanks to a maximum level of 50 decibels of sound emission.
As regards electricity consumption, however, the AN112 Silent stands on a solid A + in the energy efficiency class, helping to keep operating costs low; a further advantage is also given by the little environmental impact of this air conditioner, which uses propane R290.
A high-efficiency natural gas which, among other virtues, has to be completely free of CFC, HCFC and HFC, all substances highly polluting and harmful to the atmosphere, with the consequence of completely eliminating the detrimental impact on the ozone layer.
Efficient and Versatile
The De Longhi AN112 Silent portable air conditioner absorbs a power of 950 Watts and offers a maximum yield of 11,000 BTU / hour, just enough to adequately cover a medium-sized domestic environment, up to 110 cubic meters; it has various operating modes, including pure ventilation and dehumidification.
Also integrates an exclusive condensate recirculation system, which improves efficiency and reduces consumption, a thermostat, an electronic timer programmable up to 24 hours and a new CLI LED display, which allows immediate feedback on the comfort status.
The ease of use is also increased by the practical remote control, which allows you to control it remotely.
It is essential to focus attention on the most relevant characteristics to make the right purchase which, we repeat, are the power expressed in BTU, the consumption and the way the condensate is discharged; in this way, you can draw up a personal ranking of the best products on the market.
We have produced our ranking that you find listed below and consists of the five portable air conditioners, in our opinion, most valid of 2020, each accompanied by a review.