If you are among those who are always at the forefront of beauty and cosmetic products, you will have heard of sunscreen powder.
It represents an excellent alternative to creams and is indicated for the skin of the face, and also, as an additional advantage, it does not leave whitish and non-greasy traces.
We are so used to using cosmetic powders that this type of protection will not cause any complications. Indeed, it is beneficial, because the same product protects the face from blemishes, sunburn, and premature aging.
Here we had listed out some of the best powder sunscreens that are present below.
- PROTECT & PERFECT - Supergoop! (Re)setting Powder is a 100% mineral, non-nano mineral setting powder that allows you to set...
- FOR EVERYONE - This innovative SPF 35 sunscreen powder is perfect for all skin types, especially sensitive skin. Choose from a...
- SKIN-LOVING INGREDIENTS - Our reef-friendly, 100% zinc oxide formula also contains ceramides & olive glycerides to help seal in...
- MESS-FREE DESIGN - Our twist-lock brush dispenses a precise amount of sheer powder and then lets you turn off the flow after...
- HOW TO USE - Prep skin with your favorite SPF-spiked moisturizer or primer. After applying makeup, brush (Re)setting Powder...
- PROTECTING AND SOOTHING Transparent, mineral sunscreen powder brushes on with ease to help protect skin from sunburn. Works well...
- MAKE UP READY Our brush-on works harmoniously with our pressed powder foundations and cheek color for added SPF protection.
- MINERAL FUSION offers a wide range of nail polish, hair care, body care, and skin care - each formulated to deliver the uniquely...
- MAKING BEAUTY HEALTHY We formulate to leave skin in better condition than we found it. As such, our products are free of parabens,...
- MINERAL FUSIONS QUALITY Compare to brands like Gabriel Cosmetics, Bare Minerals, Purminerals, Pacifica, Andalou Naturals, Juice...
- HASSLE FREE SUNSCREEN: No more tears and battles over putting sunscreen on your child’s face. BOB Kids brush on powder...
- KIDS’ SUNSCREEN SIMPLIFIED: Protect young, delicate skin without the mess and fuss of regular sunscreen. BOB Kids brush on...
- ALL NATURAL: Hypo-allergenic, Vegan Friendly, Free of Parabens, PABA and Phalates BOB Kids sunscreen is ideal for children’s...
- WATER RESISTANT: Brush On Block’s BOB Kids powder sunscreen provides up to 80 Minutes of SPF 30 protection for your child when...
- REEF FRIENDLY: Protect our oceans while you protect your child's skin with BOB Kids Powder Sunscreen formula, free of Oxybenzone...
- POWDER SUNSCREEN: Developed in collaboration with makeup guru Ash Deleon, this translucent powder offers the benefits or both...
- SPF30 MINERAL MAKEUP: Clear non-nano Zinc Oxide in the face powder offers broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection from harmful rays...
- ALL NATURAL FORMULA: Antioxidant-rich Vitamin E works to improve skin's moisture and texture; Green Tea helps protect skin from...
- DAILY SKIN CARE: The mineral powder face sunscreen can be worn on its own or over makeup. For best results, brush the translucent...
- DERMA E: Clean beauty products that harness nature’s most effective ingredients. 100% vegan and cruelty-free, our eco-ethical...
- EASY-TO-APPLY POWDER SUNSCREEN: Brush On Block's easy twist-open feature ensures powder flows through the brush only when you...
- SHEER AND LIGHT: Brush On Block’s powder sunscreen goes on smoothly without affecting your normal skin tone for flawless...
- CONVENIENT: Our unique applicator is small, to fit easily inside purses, sports bags and make-up bags so your mineral sunblock can...
- ALL-NATURAL: Brush On Block’s mineral sunscreen is vegan friendly, free of parabens, PABA and Phalates and safe for sensitive...
- REEF FRIENDLY: Protect your skin and our oceans with our sunscreen formula that contains no Oxybenzone, Octinoxate or nano-sized...
- Powered by environment technology,
- This All-Powerful, all-mineral skin shield provides complete protection in one convenient
- On-the-go application or over makeup.
- 🌿 READY FOR ACTION! Thanks to non-greasy, physical UV protection that guards your skin instantly, this sunscreen is ready to go...
- 🌿 SAFE, CONVENIENT, & EFFECTIVE! Nothing beats healthy glowing skin. While it may leave a slight white cast our sunscreen...
- 🌿 HYPOALLERGENIC & WATER-RESISTANT! Traditional lotions leave a greasy film that can sting your eyes and skin. Our products...
- 🌿 MULTIPURPOSE! Not only is our sunscreen great for sun protection it can also be used to help brush off stubborn, stuck-on,...
- 🌿 MONTANA MADE FOR YOU! Developed at the request of customers in need of a sunblock that stays put, the result is a sunscreen...
- Sun pact with strong sun protection effect to effectively prevent UVA and UVB.
- Absorbs sweat and sebum after makeup for long lasting bright and soft skin.
- Silk powder with lecithin coating moisture powder forms moisture shield to give all day hydrated make up look.
- Contains collagen to give perfect fit with pact even after hours.
Powder Sunscreen Buying Guide
At this point, some doubt may have arisen about powder sunscreen. We have always been used to products of this type in the form of creams or oils, so it is normal for questions to arise. Here, then, are some of the essential data on these cosmetic powders.
What Exactly Is Sunscreen Powder?
In general, we tend to associate sunscreen with ointments, like creams, which we apply on the skin, spreading them until they are absorbed.
Now, however, a new format arrives at the powder. This type, in texture and color, is reminiscent of some cosmetic powders for makeup.
Powdered sunscreens are usually sold together with some type of brush with which to apply them. They come in small and compact formats because they are designed for face skin.
Depending on the manufacturer and model, it is possible to find them transparent or colorless, or in different shades.
What Are the Advantages of Sunscreen Powder Compared to Other Formats?
One of the main advantages of this kind of sunscreen over others is its simple application. Those who are used to putting on makeup every day will not find any difficulty in using these products. Also, unlike many sun creams or lotions, they don’t leave your face greasy or whitish.
This means there is no need to worry about any residue. Generally, they come in a compact format, ideal for carrying with you in your bag to repeat the application when necessary.
They are, therefore, perfect to use in everyday life. Being equipped with a brush, you don’t even need to get your hands dirty to spread them on the skin.
For Which Areas of The Body Is Sunscreen Powder Suitable?
This type of product is specially designed to offer protection from the sun to the most exposed areas of the body.
First of all, therefore, they are products designed for the face, since they are applied, for example, like the classic powder foundation. They are also recommended for the neck and hands. As you may have noticed, sunscreen powder focuses, particularly on small areas.
As a result, they usually occur in small packs and are therefore not ideal for larger areas of skin such as the back or legs. For such areas, it is best to resort to traditional lotions, oils, or sunscreen.
What Is the Correct Way to Apply Sunscreen Powder?
The application will depend on the model of powdered sunscreen. If you have a brush, first of all, you will have to shake the package slightly until the product impregnates it. Then, remove the excess dust with a few taps. Finally, apply it abundantly with the help of the brush.
As we said, it should be applied to the parts of the body that are most frequently exposed to the sun, such as the face and décolleté. To make sure that the powder is distributed evenly, it is a good idea to apply it in circular motions. You can repeat everything after a few hours or when you think it appropriate.
When Should Sunscreen Powder Be Used?
Facial skin is highly sensitive. This means that you have to protect it from the sun all year round, regardless of the season.
Obviously, from the sun’s rays, the most dangerous for the skin is summer, but we must not even neglect the colder months, including the winter ones.
Applying sunscreen should be part of your routine, as well as applying makeup or spraying yourself every day. It is, therefore, a matter of making it an everyday habit, before leaving the house, but you must not neglect the subsequent applications during the day.
Depending on the intensity of the sun, it is useful to repeat the operation every two hours approximately.
Should Sunscreen Powder Be Applied Before or After Make-Up?
The sunscreen powder is applied over the makeup, although its versatile character allows it to be applied to the skin even without makeup.
If you are among those who never leave home without foundation, these cosmetics will represent a perfect second layer since it will not interfere with makeup, and it will protect you from the sun.
If you prefer to apply it directly to the skin, the only requirement is that it is sufficiently hydrated and dry.
Given that many powdered sunscreens have a particular color, these products are excellent because they not only isolate from harmful rays but make the skin of the face homogeneous and eliminate shiny reflections.
Which Sun Protection Factor Should I Choose?
The decision on which sunscreen factor to choose should be made as with any other traditional product. In this sense, do not forget that the face skin is highly sensitive to the sun’s rays. Prolonged exposure may result in stains, wrinkles, and sunburn.
It is therefore advisable to opt for a product with an SPF of at least 30, regardless of whether your complexion is whiter or tanned. In any case, sunscreen with an SPF below 15 is not recommended. This factor only prevents sunburn, not aging or skin cancer.
Why Is It so Important to Protect Your Face from The Sun?
As you can imagine, the face is the part of the body subjected to the greatest sun exposure. For this reason, it is the first point where unsightly spots will appear, which will not only give our face a shabby appearance and represent the first signs of aging but which can also be dangerous.
One of the reasons why it is essential to protect the skin from the sun’s rays may be aesthetic, but we cannot forget that related to health.
Sunburn is painful, but that’s not the most severe thing that can happen to you if you don’t take care of your skin. Premature aging or melanoma are worse consequences.
What Other Added Benefits Makes Sunscreen Powder Offer?
In addition to acting as a sunscreen, these products offer additional benefits. For example, some powdered protectors also serve for makeup.
This means that you will have everything concentrated in one product, to exhibit a homogeneous skin without any shiny areas. Some protectors can close the pores.
In addition to minimizing the impact of solar radiation, some products on the market also offer anti-pollution protection. We cannot forget that environmental pollution is one of the great enemies of the face.
Another added benefit could be the increased hydration offered by some protectors.
What Type of Skin Is Sunscreen Powder Suitable For?
The brands of powdered sunscreen are increasingly trying to reach as many consumers as possible with their products.
This means that it is not difficult to find protectors suitable for even the most sensitive and particular skin. In fact, in our list of recommended products, there are several that correspond to this description.
In any case, for safety, it is better to examine the ingredients of the product in question carefully.
By choosing sun powders produced with natural components free of chemicals, parabens, and other artificial substances, you will ensure that they are suitable for all skin types. And also for children.
Now that we have analyzed the various concepts a little better, it is time to talk about other exciting questions.
If you have decided to buy a powdered sunscreen to prevent the sun’s rays from damaging the most exposed parts of the body, we invite you to make a decision based on several factors. Take note of the most important purchase criteria.
- Sun protection factor
- Application procedure
- Extra features
Sun Protection Factor
Whether it is a sunscreen in the form of cream, oil, or powder, the sun protection factor or SPF is always important.
It is a value that indicates how long it takes ultraviolet rays to penetrate the skin compared to the time it would take if not, and I used protection. SPF 15 means that the skin will take 15 times longer to burn.
The sun’s rays are not the same, in summer or winter. However, it is better to prevent than to cure and, therefore, a recommended SPF for the face, neck, and hands should not be less than 30.
Do not forget that these are the most sensitive areas of the body and that they are almost always exposed to the sun.
As with any other beauty or cosmetic product, it is useful to inquire about the ingredients of the sunscreen. This is especially important if you have sensitive or irritating skin. In this case, the ideal is to choose only products with 100% natural ingredients and free of chemicals and perfumes.
Products with mineral filters are an excellent choice because they do not harm the skin or the environment. Some examples are those based on zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.
You can also choose protectors that include other ingredients such as hyaluronic acid or plant extracts (e.g., aloe vera or green tea), for their soothing properties.
In the field of sunscreen powder, you have two possibilities. The first is to choose a transparent product, whose sole purpose is to prevent UVB and UVA rays from entering the skin. These, unlike other cream protectors, for example, do not leave the skin whitish or oily.
The second possibility is to opt for a product that also has the objective of acting as a foundation.
It is an ideal choice for dulling facial skin, reducing expression lines and shiny reflections. This powdered sunscreen will perform a dual function, which will be appreciated by many women.
The method of application is another factor to consider because you will have to determine which one is most comfortable for you. We can identify three types of products. The first and most common is the one with a brush. It is applied in a similar way to the classic foundation.
Then there are products sold with a sponge: even, in this case, the method of use will be familiar to you, because it will be sufficient to apply the powder with small taps. Finally, it is possible to find products to be applied simply with the fingers.
Finally, you can evaluate the presence of extra features of the sunscreen powder. For example, it may be water-resistant. This aspect is exciting since it will protect you even if you sweat.
Depending on the ingredients, the protector may have moisturizing or antioxidant properties, both of which are very valuable.
Thanks to the opacifying power of some protectors, you will not have to worry about shiny reflections, because, whether they are colored or not, they will be able to minimize them.
There are also aromatic products and others that, in addition to curbing the sun’s rays, serve as a shield against environmental pollution.