In this article, we will talk about the Bluetooth adapter. Did you know that Bluetooth technology was initially developed for the Swedish company Ericsson in 1994?
His name is a tribute to an ancient king of Denmark and Norway, Harald Bland, who in English translates as Harold Bluetooth. Given its significant advantages that allow you to connect devices without the need for cables, its use has spread rapidly.
However, many older devices do not have this type of connection. To solve this problem, you can use a practical adapter to be connected to the computer via a USB port. These small devices are very comfortable and straightforward to use. Also, their price is quite low. Here we will be listing the top 7 best Bluetooth adapters.
- NOTE: The item is compatible with windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP. However, on the box there is limited space so the manufacturer do not list all of the versions and just list the most recent versions of windows
- Bluetooth 4.0 – applies the latest Bluetooth 4.0 and it is backward compatible with Bluetooth V3. 0/2. 1/2. 0/1. 1. Ub400 turns non-Bluetooth PC or laptop into Bluetooth-capable ( PS4 & XBox Controllers for PC Only )
- Plug & play or free driver – plug and play for Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10. Supports Win7/XP (driver required for Win7/XP and could be downloaded from website free of charge). it is not compatible with Mac, Linux, TV
- Nano-sized – a sleek, ultra-small design means you can insert the Nano adapter into any USB port and simply keep it there, no matter when you are traveling or at home
- Reliability – enable wireless communication with Bluetooth-enabled computers, printers, phones and headsets. Utilize Bluetooth low energy) technology for energy-saving wireless connectivity
- Listen music wireless: Stream your audio entertainment from your smart phone or tablet. Listen music through your perfect sound system from your smart phone or tablet with perfect sound quality
- Easy to setup: Simply pair your smart phone or tablet to the audio adapter with a single button
- Wireless range: Do not have to dock your mobile device with reliable audio connection and it can receive music from up to 10-12 meters( 30-40 feet) away
- Works with most speakers, Superior acoustics: Plug the adapter into any A/V receivers and any powered speakers with standard RCA or 3.5 mm jacks. Don't compromise on sound delivers high quality acoustics
- NOTE: The speakers are demonstrations in the image which are not included in the package. This item is a bluetooth receiver for speakers.
- Mini Size: The extremely small and space-saving USB Bluetooth adapter allows you to leave it on devices without blocking the surrounding USB ports. Just plug it into your laptop and carry it anywhere.
- Fast Transmission Rate: Maximum transfer rate is up to 3Mbps and transmission distance up to 33ft/10M in open space, this Bluetooth dongle allows you to enjoy a seamless and uninterrupted connection.
- Bluetooth Low Energy: USB Bluetooth dongle applies the latest Bluetooth 4.0 with low energy technology, backward compatible with Bluetooth V3.0/2.1/2.0/1.1
- Multi-Device Connection: This Bluetooth receiver gives you powerful wireless data connectivity between your computer or laptop and Bluetooth enabled devices such as headphones, mouse, keyboard, speaker, etc. Not compatible with Mac computer, car stereo or TVs.
- Wide Compatibility: Support Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Raspberry Pi. Driver may be required.
- Transsmission Rate: Bluetooth adapter supports maximum transfer rate up to 3Mbps and transmission distance up to 33ft/10m in open space.
- Designed for Windows. Plug and Play for Windows 8/10 system. Driver only needed when your Windows 7 and lower system need to connect audio device,but connect mouse,keyboard and cell phone no need to install driver
- High Compatibility:Support 32bit/64bit Win 10/8/7/ Vista and XP,enables PC or laptop to connect bluetooth-enabled devices, like smartphones, mouse,speakers,headsets.Not work with Mac OS,Car stereo systems or TVs
- Low Energy: USB bluetooth dongle applies the latest bluetooth 4.0 with low energy (BLE) technology and it is backward compatible with bluetooth V3.0/2.1/2.0/1.1
- Extremely Small: Small size allows you to leave it on laptop or pc,no need to remove,it seamlessly gets plugged into a computer/laptop without blocking surrounding usb ports,save space
- 🎶【Enjoy Wireless Streaming Music】This car Bluetooth adapter can be connected to non-Bluetooth car audio systems, home stereos, speakers, wired headphones via the 3.5mm AUX adapter; And equipped with a Bluetooth 5.0 chip for stable connection / fast transmission / wide signal range. Just pair it with your phone and start listening to your favorite music!
- 🎧【Intelligent Noise Reduction Tech】Our Bluetooth audio receiver adopts the latest CVC8.0 Noise Cancellation and Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technologies, which can eliminate echo and block out intrusive background noise (such as wind, traffic, or crowds), providing you with crystal-clear calling sounds.
- 🔋【Up to 16 Hours of Battery Life】The working time of this aux Bluetooth adapter is up to 16 hours when making calls or playing music. And it takes only 2.5 hours to fully charge the device by using a Type-C fast charging cable (Included in the package). In addition, this Bluetooth music adapter can be used while charging, which is very convenient.
- 📞【Hands-free Calling & Navigation】A built-in microphone and one “MFB” button to answer / redial / hang up / reject calls, help you make hands-free calls. And the Bluetooth audio adapter supports broadcasting voice notification from existed navigation App. You don’t have to look down the phone on the move. Make sure you drive safely!
- 📱【Dual Connection】The portable Bluetooth stereo adapter can be paired with 2 devices at the same time. You can enjoy your music and never worry about missing any calls. Once paired, the car receiver will automatically reconnect to your last paired Bluetooth devices, as long as they are within the wireless range.
- MPOW FLAGSHIP BLUETOOTH 5. 0 ADAPTER: Designed perfect for non-Bluetooth car/home stereo system with 3 5mm aux port to be Bluetooth enabled (If you want to connect to TV by pairing Mpow with Bluetooth headsets please search Mpow Bluetooth Transmitter ).
- CSR CHIP FOR CD-LIKE MUSIC FEAST: Adopted CSR chip for providing more stable and faster transmission with less power consumption which can represent a superior audio performance to spoil your ear and never feeling boring while driving.
- BUILT-IN MIC FOR SPEAKERPHONE CALLS: Just press the answer button to answer or hang up your phone calls while driving (If you use Mpow-129 with wired headphones please answer with your headphones ).
- DUAL LINK FOR MORE CHOICE: Mpow can connect 2 Bluetooth devices at the same time for enjoying your music and won't miss any calls Or enjoy music and navigation at the same time 15 HOURS long battery life and also supports playing while charging.
- 1 SECOND SWITCHING BUTTON: Mpow Bluetooth car aux adapter designed with PHYSICAL ON/OFF SWITCH & HUMANIZED WIDENED VOLUME/TRACK BUTTON on the side for quick and convenient control for your hands-release talking and listening experience.
- LOW DELAY: Low Latency for High-fidelity Stereo Sound, lag-free content streaming in transmitter mode. Low Latency supported Bluetooth headphones/speakers are required.
- MAKE IT TWO: Upgraded 2-in-1 Bluetooth V5.0 transmitter can be paired with two Bluetooth receivers (like headphones + speakers) simultaneously. Note: Low Latency does NOT support Dual Link mode.
- ALWAYS ON: TaoTronics Bluetooth 2-in-1 Adapter continuously streams even while charging. Built-in battery for up to 10 hours use - enjoy your favorite wireless content all the time.
- BLUETOOTH EVERYWHERE: In Transmitter mode, turn a non-Bluetooth TV, PC, CD player, iPod, MP3 / MP4 into Bluetooth transmitter. Receiver mode: Ideal for home or vehicle music streaming sound system.
- PURE SOUND: high definition codec for a richer and deeper sound experience. Listen to CD-like audio quality at no compromise. Plus, 12 + 18 month extended warranty and 24/7 friendly customer service
Things to Consider Before Buying Best Bose Bluetooth Adapters
Thanks to the Bluetooth adapters, you can connect a series of devices to your PC without the need for cables: speakers, earphones, console controllers, mice, keyboards, and even virtual reality devices.
In general, the connection via Bluetooth has a maximum range of 10 meters, allowing the transmission of information between devices located in different rooms.
The various versions of Bluetooth currently in existence are compatible with each other. Usually, a higher version is recommended for the issuing device, but it is not essential.
Bluetooth adapter version 4.0, perfectly compatible with versions 3.0, 2.1, and 2.0. Supports Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology to reduce energy consumption. Compatible with Windows 8, 7 and XP, it allows wireless communication with various types of devices (cell phones, printers, controllers, keyboards …).
Asus is once again a reliable brand: according to buyers, installation is quick and straightforward (however, it may be necessary to download updated drivers from the manufacturer’s website), and the adapter works stably, with excellent reception even in the case of devices separated by a wall.
Maxesla Bluetooth Adapter
Bluetooth adapter was compatible only with Windows computers (10, 7, 8, Vista, XP). It uses advanced 4.0 BLE technology and guarantees a transmission distance of up to 20 meters, with speeds of up to 3 Mb / s. Compact, as big as an inch, very comfortable to take with you on the road or in the office.
Customers highly recommend it for its excellent value for money and ease of installation (plug and play). It quickly detects available devices, connects, and presents no problem in data transmission. Despite its small size, it guarantees a robust and compact structure.
What Exactly Are Bluetooth Adapters?
Bluetooth adapters are small electronic devices that connect to a USB port and allow the connection of devices via Bluetooth wireless technology. Through this communication protocol, the wireless transmission of information between devices that are within a short distance from each other, usually less than ten meters, is possible.
Is It Worth Buying a Bluetooth Adapter?
If your device does not have a Bluetooth connection, the purchase of an adapter allows you to have a new possibility of wireless connection so that you can connect it to multiple devices. In this way, it is possible to give new life to older devices. Furthermore, its price is quite low, and it is elementary to install.
The point is that, as we have seen, with the connections via Bluetooth, the advantages are numerous. Nowadays, the association of devices through this technology is practically indispensable. The future will be wireless, and the new versions of Bluetooth bring us closer to that future.
How Does a Bluetooth Adapter Work?
Communication between two or more devices via Bluetooth is done via radiofrequency. First of all, once Bluetooth is activated, the device detects within its range the other accessories on which it is enabled. The next step is to connect the devices. Finally, once connected, they will be able to share information.
Also, it would help if you thought about whether you plan to use the adapter on a Windows, Linux, or Mac OS device. And, of course, if it is compatible with the version of the operating system you have installed.
It is possible that it is plug and plays with the latest releases, but that requires the installation of drivers for the older versions.
There are several versions of Bluetooth: the most recent is version 5.1 of January 2019. However, the latter version is not yet widespread. Since they are meant to be backward compatible, you don’t have to worry if two devices have different versions.
The newer the Bluetooth version, the faster the transfer speed and the better its performance. Among the various advantages of a more original version are lower energy consumption and higher reliability or protection against interference.
At the moment, there are four types of Bluetooth signals or classes. Each one is tied to speed and a maximum connection distance. In this way, depending on the level to which the adapter you buy belongs, its performance will be different. You can consult some of the characteristics of each class in the following table.
It indicates, for each class, the maximum power in milliwatts (mW), in decibel-milliwatts (dBm), and the range of action expressed in meters (m). Level 4 is that of the Bluetooth 1.0 version, which has now practically disappeared.
The advantages of wireless connections are indisputable. In the particular case of Bluetooth, they are particularly evident if we want to connect earphones, mice, keyboards, or console controllers. However, some older computers do not have this type of connection, so you need to use Bluetooth adapters.
These devices are small in size, and their price is low. Furthermore, they usually are straightforward to install and configure.
Hence their great popularity. When choosing the adapter, you must take into account the use you will make of it, the Bluetooth version, and the class to which it belongs. Its following two factors will depend on its range and its transfer speed.