The overwhelming arrival of laptops, tablets, and smartphones on the market has gradually eliminated the need to have a calligraphic pen to write entire documents. The calligraphic pens have slowly turned into elegant collectibles or exhibits and have lost their real usefulness on the street.
However, if you are a lover of luxury and elegance or maybe you want to make a nice gift, you may find yourself choosing between the different models sold online. You could also look for useful markers or pencils for precision drawings at a professional or hobby level.
Here we had selected the best models of calligraphy pens that are listed below.
- Contains both the soft and hard tip Fudenosuke Brush Pens
- Features a flexible brush tip for different lettering and drawing techniques
- Create extra fine, fine or medium strokes by a change in brush pressure
- Great for calligraphy and art drawings
- Soft tip and hard tip water based, pigmented black ink
- 【VARIETY OF SIZE】Set of 10, including 05 Tip, 10 Tip, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, XS/Extra-fine, S/Fine, M/Medium, BR/Brush, L/Large Soft brush. With different shaped tips you can create 10 different writing stokes, great for lettering and calligraphy
- 【PREMIUM BLACK INK】These hand lettering pens are made of pigmented black ink that is non-toxic, acid-free, odorless, water-resistant, fade proof and non-bleeding. Safe for both kids and adults
- 【EASY TO USE】 Morfone calligraphy pen set comes with both soft and hard tip. The nibs keep their shape and the ink flow smoothly. They are opaque and simple to use. You can apply pressure accordingly for bold marks and light strokes
- 【SMOOTH & CLEAN LINES】 It's very easy to get different line thicknesses. These calligraphy markers are perfect for line art, card envelopes, invitations, signature, planner, dairy, scrapbook, take your art project to next level
- 【NICE GIFT CHOICE】 The technique writing set is a great gift for your family or friend who wants to practice calligraphy, do lettering, journal, sketches, art coloring or drawing. A practical gift for various occasions
- CALLIGRAPHY PEN SET: The Pen, 5 Bottle ink（black, red, green, purple, orange）, 5 replaceable pen head, 1 envelope knife, can be used to open the envelope.
- SMOOTH &COMFORT: Our Wooden dip pens provide superior control and stability delivering smoothness and an easy ink flow. The high quality pen body provides a comfortable writing experience.
- 5 BOTTLE INK: Having a high quality ink is a must in calligraphy. This calligraphy set comes with a top-standard ink that is used in known brand. Multiple bottles of ink to meet your writing needs.
- BEST GIFT: Exquisite design, excellent packing, elegant and luxury gift pen for writers, creative types, artist, also dear friends and loved ones, best for husband and wife. Enjoying the compliments on your beautiful calligraphy pens.
- 180-DAY SUPPORT: If you have any unsatisfied with our Calligraphy Pen Set please contact us. We can give you support or full refund to you.
- 10 Size black lettering pen Include: 0.5, 0.8, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, extra-fine, fine, medium, brush, soft brush. Kinds of sizes can meet all your requirement
- Professional calligraphy technical pens will match perfect with watercolor marker for brush lettering and drawing. Whatever you are doing artwork or writing
- Features both the soft and hard tip for multi lettering and drawing techniques, create extra-fine, fine or medium strokes by a change in brush pressure
- All caligraphy pen are with High Quality Pigment black ink, Safe non-toxic, acid-free, non-bleeding, and odorless. Experience smooth and crisp ink every time
- Get a great calligraphy brush pens kit for your family or friends. Artist will love to express clean outlines, detailed line drawing and other art crafting
- 4 Size( extra-fine, fine, medium, brush)best brush pens for lettering and calligraphy. they perfectly decorate the surface of any product and you may use them for printable invitations, wall art, calendars and planners, blog designs, textile decor, invitations, scrapbooking projects and so many more!
- Safe non-toxic, blend able, acid free, non-bleeding, and odorless,water-based, pigmented black ink.
- Contains both the small soft and hard tip black calligraphy Ink brush pens, features a flexible brush tip for different lettering and drawing techniques, create extra-fine, fine or medium strokes by a change in brush pressure.
- Refillable lettering pens repeated loop fill ink,so pens last for much longer,great for calligraphy practice and art drawings, creative Illustration, hand lettering beginners.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee, 1-year warranty, you can get a full refund if you are not satisfied with it unconditionally. The MISULOVE Hand Lettering Pens, Calligraphy Pens Set Marker Pen Is Also The Perfect Gift for All Art-Loving Students, Artists, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas, New Year, Best Gift for Children, Gift for Family.
- DOUBLE TIPS, DOUBLE CREATIVITY, DOUBLE FUN! WHY CHOOSE Caliart 34 brush marker pens set? We’re different! 1. Double tips, 34 markers, 68 nibs, brush & fine tips! 2. Color coded & numbered penholder easier to choose right color every time. 3. Well selected vibrant colors, NO duplicate. 4. Minimal to No Bleed Thru most paper! 5. With FREE replacement nibs. 6. Caliart Premium High Quality Control Promised! 7. With Caliart NO-WORRY 100% Satisfaction Warranty!
- Each art markers set Includes 34 dual-tip brush markers (1-5mm) with ultra-fine tip (0.4mm) for a total of 68 complementary colors (broad dark color and fine light color). Dual colors double your creativity and fun! These artist markers are a must for your next masterpiece. It also includes replacement tips, 3 brush tips and 2 fine tips.
- This convenient dual-tip design allows you easily switch between creating crisp details and laying down thick, thin, or varied lines in one stroke. 0.4mm fine tip is great for sketch outlining & details, works well for intricate coloring books, writing, doodling; 1-5mm soft brush tip for shading, coloring, quickly color in large areas art project, hand lettering and calligraphy beginners.
- Premium Multifunction Coloring Markers for adult coloring book, drawing, sketching, writing, journaling, brush lettering, calligraphy pens, design, manga, fine art, crafting, doodling, watercolor painting, illustrations, bullet journal, planner, calendar, card making, stamping, scrapbooking. Creative art craft supplies and marker pens gift for kids, girls, students, women, men, beginners, artists, at Christmas, anniversaries, Valentines Day, graduations, birthdays.
- 100% Safe: odorless and harmless, water-based ink, easy to wash on clothes and skin. These colorful markers are completely non-toxic, kids safe, plus they wash off easily with water. They’re environmentally friendly and dry fast to avoid smudging for strong adhesion to the page! With Caliart NO-WORRY 100% Satisfaction Warranty!
- WIDE RANGE OF ARTISTIC POSSIBILITIES - Featuring 2.0, 2.5 & 3.0 mm Chisel tip nibs offering artists unlimited lettering creativity
- CREATE BEAUTIFUL LETTERING PROJECTS - Ideal for making beautiful invitations, holiday cards, gift tags and more
- GREAT FOR BEGINNERS & CRAFTERS - Makes it easy to form calligraphic letters
- CRISP NIBS & ACID-FREE INK - Markers feature free-flowing, non-toxic, acid-free ink with the AP seal
- 4 MARKER SET - All black marker set includes (2) 2.0 mm markers, (1) 2.5 mm marker, & (1) 3.0 mm marker
- Flexible Soft Brush TIP - Exclusive nylon brush tip (not a real brush) works like a paintbrush to create Extra - Fine, Fine, Medium, or Bold strokes (1 - 3 mm). Unique NIB perfect for calligraphy, lettering, sketching, writing, drawing, scrapbooking and coloring.
- The Most Popular Colors in One Set - 8 vivid metallic colors - Gold, Silver, Bronze, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Black + 8 Vibrant basic colors - Orange, Yellow, Green, Brown, Black, Red, Blue, White (NOTICE: the white applies transparent but it turns opaque when it dries).
- Your Idea On Any Surface - Artistro brush markers are highly pigmented ink, so you can create your masterpieces on any surface, such as black paper, cardstock, rock, pottery, plastic, fabric, metal, treated wood, ceramic, glass, and more.
- Premium Quality & Giftable Box. These premium Paint Markers offer richer colors and more flexible tips than you'd get with other brands. The Artistro brush pens set is also the perfect gift for all art-loving students, artists, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthday, Best gift for Children, Mother’s day, Valentine's Day, Gift for family.
- Non-toxic, No odor: Artistro calligraphy pens conform to ASTM d-4236 and EN-71 safety standards. Be assured to use them for different craft projects. Great for kids and adults. Please keep from direct contact with food.
Things to Consider Before Buying Calligraphy Pens
The Right Nib Based on Your Writing Style
The price of a nib can vary depending on many factors. The quality of the materials used, the quality of the craftsmanship directly determine the final cost of these pens, which should be destined to last forever. But what must guide the choice of the right pen is all in the style of writing you have.
Some write using small and close characters, those who employ a wider and softer stroke. The nib classification is usually made based on its thickness, which can be fine or extra-fine, respectively F or EF, or it can be medium or wide, identified by the initial from English M or B.
You can then choose those slightly inclined nibs that allow you to select the ITALIC style for writing your texts. It is the somewhat inclined one that, also, by choosing the right nib, will enable you to provide further width to the vertical lines.
There are numerous solutions on the market, and the nib can take on very different thicknesses to satisfy everyone’s tastes and style.
Soft and Pleasant Writing
Those who compare prices know it well: it is not the same to write with an inexpensive calligraphic pen compared to one made with great attention to detail and which therefore costs more.
The smoothness of the stroke must be a distinctive feature of the pen, which must make the writing experience pleasant and exciting. But before you can fly and glide on the paper, you need to practice a lot and be able to balance the right strength while writing.
The review of each pen must be able to make clear the type of stroke and the ability of the nib to slide without hindrance. But even so, it is good to remember that writing is an entirely personal and unique experience.
Many Uses for The Calligraphic Pen
The ranking of pens that you find below does not claim to be exhaustive. There is a myriad of possibilities for using special pens. If even a ballpoint pen can work miracles and become an expression tool for real artists, certainly a well-made fountain pen or calligraphy start with a new score.
Their use is usually dedicated to the increasingly widespread practice of lettering. A calligraphic exercise that sees the use of words and attention to the refined calligraphy to decorate objects, letters, works on paper, or other materials.
Another use, certainly much more traditional, is to support artists and students who are dedicated to technical drawing. In this area, it is difficult to decide which is the best brand, but there are certainly some points of reference to aim for with closed eyes to be sure of finding useful articles for writing.
Tips on Calligraphic Pens
Which Calligraphic Pen to Choose?
Two factors can weigh on the choice of the calligraphic pen: your aesthetic tastes and your type of writing. On the first, we can give a few tips since it is a personal matter, but keep in mind that the more valuable the materials will be, the more the calligraphic pen will cost.
The handmade models are the most expensive ones, but at the same time, they are the most aesthetically beautiful ones and are particularly ideal for making a lovely gift.
On the market, you can even find a real goose down pens with inkwell, ink, and even the sealing wax stick to affix the seal to the letters. Nostalgics will surely appreciate these pens, which can also be used for well-designed cosplay details.
Not all of us write the same way, and finding the pen with the right stroke and the right handle can make a difference in terms of calligraphy and precision. If you are used to writing close and small size characters, then you can opt for a calligraphic pen F or EF (beautiful or extra fine) to be able to write without smudging.
On the contrary, if you have less precise calligraphy and you love larger and rounder fonts, then you can use an M or B nib (medium or wide) to get a nice bold.
For the italic style, which is the famous ITALIC, it will be good to buy a pen with an inclined nib to perform elegant vertical lines. The calligraphic pen does no miracles, so if you do not have beautiful calligraphy, you will certainly not turn into Giotto’s clones. Still, at least you will be able to get better results than with any Biro pen.
Maybe you have read this far, but you are not interested in the classic high-class calligraphic pens, and you are looking for a good calligraphic pen for the lettering or technical drawing.
Well, if this is the case, know that without spending too much, you can buy good pens to make decorations on furniture, walls and other objects to give vent to your imagination. For the technical drawing, we recommend focusing on sets of pens or pencils to perform precision work that requires different nibs depending on the stroke or angle.