Sometimes strengthening the immune system is what it takes. Do you often catch a cold? Are you feeling weak? If so, an excellent option is to resort to a cod liver oil supplement.
It is no longer the unpleasant liquid that they compulsorily gave to children long ago. Now it is found in different flavors and under other forms of administration, which still have the same properties as always.
Cod liver oil is easily digested and contains minerals, fatty acids and vitamins A, E and D. Its high content of vitamin D makes it an excellent remedy to prevent rickets.
Right here we have listed out the best cod liver oils for you.
- EXTRA STRENGTH: An excellent source of vitamins A and D-3! Cod liver oil has a long history of traditional use for the support of...
- CARDIOVASCULAR SUPPORT*: The natural cod liver oil used in this softgel is manufactured under strict quality control standards.
- CLASSIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: Soy Free, Kosher Contains Gelatin, Keto Friendly, Halal
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined,...
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968.
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers'...
- HEART, BRAIN, AND JOINT HEALTH - A single teaspoonful of Carlson Cod Liver Oil provides 1,100 mg of omega-3s, including EPA and...
- AWARD-WINNING TASTE AND QUALITY - Carlson Cod Liver Oil has received numerous awards for its taste and quality. Carlson Cod Liver...
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED - We source the highest quality Arctic cod off the coast of Norway using traditional, sustainable methods. The...
- IFOS AND IGEN NON-GMO CERTIFIED - To protect the effectiveness of the nutrients found in our products, Carlson employs...
- FRESHNESS, POTENCY, AND PURITY GUARANTEED - Carlson Cod Liver Oil is bottled with a touch of antioxidants and is given a nitrogen...
- Amazing Omega Norwegian cod liver oil is the purest and best quality cod liver oil, extracted under strict quality standards....
- Norwegian cod liver oil is primarily known to support cardiovascular health
- Norwegian cod liver oil is beneficial the brain and cognitive health. It supports a strong immune system and bone health.
- All Amazing omega products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), among the highest standards in...
- All our products are proudly made in USA with Guaranteed Purity & Potency. We offer best quality products for the best value. All...
- PREMIUM COD LIVER OIL: Dr. Martin’s Cod Liver Oil supplements made from 100% natural Norwegian fish. We carefully choose only...
- TOP VALUE: 1 Capsule of our Natural Cod Liver Oil contains 415mg of Cod Liver Oil and 37mg of EPA and 36mg of DHA. Our...
- * MULTIPLE HEALTH BENEFITS – supports your health, may support joint comfort and may help support inflammation. It can also be...
- THIRD PARTY TESTED - Dr. Martin’s Cod Liver Oil is tested for product purity, projected efficacy, ingredient safety,...
- WHY COD LIVER OIL - Our classic Arctic Cod Liver Oil supports the heart, brain and nervous system, and promotes optimal immune...
- AWARD-WINNING FORMULA - This fish oil supplement is the winner of numerous awards, including Clean Eating Magazine's Clean Choice...
- BETTER ABSORPTION, BETTER TASTE, NO FISHY BURPS - All of our omega-3 fish oil products are in the triglyceride molecular form (the...
- PURITY & SUSTAINABILITY - Nordic Naturals fish oils are third-party tested, surpassing the strictest international standards for...
- ETHICAL INNOVATION - Nordic Naturals has always been at the forefront of sustainable & ethical practices in the natural products...
- Premium Quality Fermented High Vitamin Cod Liver Oil, Capsules
- Manufactured Date indicates freshness and date of bottling. Bottle does not provide an expiration date. For more information see...
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
- Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for a healthy immune system
- Vitamin A helps to maintain growth, vision and tissue development
- Vitamin D is essential for healthy bones, teeth and muscles
Things to Consider Before Buying Cod Liver Oil
Before buying a cod liver oil supplement you need to ask yourself why you need it or what properties it contains to make it useful for your body. In this section, we will answer the most frequently asked questions from users.
The Most Important Things in A Nutshell
Cod liver oil is a source of essential vitamins. It contains significant quantities of vitamins A and D, in addition to omega 3, iodine and phosphorus.
Essentially, it is recommended for the general strengthening of the organism, for the prevention of childhood diseases and for undernutrition. It also has many other benefits, as we will see in the article.
Excess vitamins A and D must be avoided, because taken in a massive way, these two vitamins can be harmful to health.
What Exactly Is Cod Liver Oil?
Cod liver oil is a source of essential vitamins, including vitamins A and D, as well as omega 3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA).
In general, we are unable to take enough of these nutrients, although their role is crucial for cardiovascular, hormonal, immune, reproductive and neurological health.
Cod liver was first used in medicine in 1789, for the treatment of rheumatic diseases and in 1824 to treat rickets.
At the beginning of the twentieth century it was routinely administered to children to prevent rickets and other diseases caused by vitamin D deficiency.
Why Is Cod Liver Oil Important for Our Body?
The cross action of vitamins A and D ensures the growth and maintenance of the bone structure. In addition, a good concentration of essential fatty acids combined with a high level of vitamin D improves cognitive performance in children and the elderly.
The Virtues of This Nutrient Can Be Seen in The Following List:
- Vitamin D and omega in cod liver oil contribute to hair growth. Using it every day will make your hair look stronger, shinier and softer.
- Cod liver oil is beneficial for skin health: it helps prevent skin aging, protects against acne and relieves sun damage.
- It helps keep bones strong and allows, in this context, to move better and prevent joint stiffness related to age.
- You can use it to lower blood pressure, help lower blood viscosity and maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
What Side Effects Can Cod Liver Oil Cause?
Although cod liver oil has many benefits, it also has contraindications for some people. In the following list you can see the side effects:
Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite or diarrhea in some people.
Better to avoid taking it together with any type of medicine or food that thin the blood. One of the properties of cod liver oil is to make the blood more fluid.
Do not mix the oil with other supplements that contain vitamins A and D. This is a tip to avoid exceeding the recommended doses of these vitamins.
If in doubt, always ask your family doctor.
Who Is Cod Liver Oil Best Suited For?
Cod liver oil offers many benefits for anyone, but is particularly recommended in certain conditions. In addition, it is excellent for preventing certain diseases. People prone to suffer from certain conditions should consume cod liver oil, as we show you below:
- People Prone to Mental Stress
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding Women
- People Who Have Blood Clotting Problems
- People with Vision Problems, Such as Cataracts or Night Blindness
- Subjects Suffering from Chronic Inflammation
- Who Has Low Immune Defenses
What Is the Difference Between Cod Liver Oil and Omega 3 Supplements?
Cod liver oil is a source of essential omega 3 fatty acids, but not necessarily the best source. Although other types of fish oil are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, the main difference is that cod liver oil also provides significant quantities of vitamins A and D.
And What Are the Differences Between Fish Oil Supplements and Cod Liver Oil?
Fish oil is found in other fatty fish, such as tuna, halibut and salmon and not only in cod. However, both are used as food supplements, generally because they contain omega 3 fatty acids.
The main difference between the two is the vitamin A of cod liver oil.
Fish oil generally contains little vitamin A because it is not found in its meats. In contrast, cod liver oil contains large quantities of vitamin A, especially when taken in liquid form.
Both fish oil and cod liver oil supplements should be taken in moderation. High doses can increase the risk of bleeding and complicate adequate control of blood sugar levels in diabetics.
What Are the Symptoms of Excessive Intake of Cod Liver Oil?
An overdose can cause discomfort such as dizziness, migraine, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, hair loss, tiredness and extreme thirst. Essentially, this happens for an excess of vitamins A and D.
Do not exceed the recommended doses and if you have any problems, consult your family doctor first.
It is important to take a number of features into consideration when buying a cod liver oil supplement. This will make it easier for you to decide which product is best for you and make the right decision.
When buying a cod liver oil supplement you should consider:
Not all products that are described as cod liver oil contain this substance 100%. Analyze the label well and look carefully at the composition of the product.
You can buy oil with pleasant and highly digestible aromas. In addition, you can opt for tasteless or different flavored capsules, depending on your preferences.
The capsules often have a gelatin coating. Obviously, to contain fish, cod liver oil supplements are not suitable products for vegans or vegetarians.
Choose high-quality products. Many supplements contain less than 60% cod liver oil. The remaining percentage is composed of different additives, such as low-quality fish or vegetable oil, preservatives, flavors to give flavor or artificial vitamins.
The quality is usually proportional to the price, but not always. Generally speaking, a high-quality cod liver oil product costs at least € 0.30 per 5 ml (indicative value).