Have you considered having a vitamin deficiency? Have you ever felt tired, irritable and unable to concentrate? This feeling of malaise, not attributable to a specific cause, can become very annoying and interfere with your daily life, your job or your studies. You’re not sick, but you’re probably “missing something”.
Postnatal Vitamins is a complex that regulates many chemical reactions in our body and its deficiency can negatively affect your health. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about this vitamin, explaining how to be yourself in record time!
Right here are the Best Postnatal Vitamins listed below.
- Supports optimal nutrition for mom after birth with key nutrients like vitamins C, D3 and E, plus minerals like iodine and chromium to meet changing nutritional demands while breastfeeding
- Choline to help support baby’s brain development
- Moringa leaf to help support milk production
- Doctor-formulated by Tieraona Low Dog, M.D., expert in women’s health and dietary supplementation
- Expertly formulated for new moms - postnatal vitamins & minerals to support lactation, energy & mood*
- Gentle on your stomach and fermented with beneficial probiotics
- 3-In-1 complete formula: multivitamin, Multimineral & Multiherbal. For DHA while nursing, add New Chapter Wholemega for moms fish oil
- Clean, pure, whole-food ingredients include Organic superfoods such as Turmeric, Oats, and kelp
- Made with Certified Organic Vegetables & Herbs, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegetarian, Kosher, Gluten Free, No synthetic Fillers, No Animal Gelatin (added to some Prenatal gummy vitamins)
- Premium Postnatal Nutrition: Designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of breastfeeding moms, our formula takes care of 100% of your daily requirements for essential vitamins like A, C, D3, E, K2, and B complex, and minerals like Iodine, Zinc, and Selenium.
- Nutrients from Nature: Made with premium plant-based ingredients, including vitamin D3 from lichen, vitamin E from sunflower, vitamin C from Acerola cherry, Calcium & Magnesium from marine algae, and Iodine from kelp. and chelated Iron, Zinc, and Selenium.
- Easy to Digest & Absorb: Made with bioactive ingredients that are easy for the body to absorb and gentle on the stomach, including active B vitamins like methyl folate, B12 methylcobalamin and B6 P-5-P, and premium chelated minerals like iron, zinc, and selenium.*
- Milk-Boosting Herbs: Postpartum lactation formula includes a blend of organic herbs to support healthy milk production, including Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, Fennel, Stinging Nettle, and Alfalfa.*
- Clean Label: Non GMO / Soy Free / Gluten Free / No Yeast / No Gelatin / Dairy Free / Sugar Free / Vegetarian / Vegan Without Animal By-products / No Preservatives, Coloring or Flavoring / Made in a GMP Compliant facility
- Postnatal Plus; specially formulated to meet the enhanced nutritional needs of new mothers who are breastfeeding and lactating, our Postnatal Plus contains a wide spectrum blend of essential postnatal vitamins and minerals to support natural energy, lactation and guard against deficiencies! With MethylFolate and Methylated B Vitamins for MTHFR mothers!
- Supports Health; forget cheap postnatal multivitamins, our Post-natal Plus is formulated with MTHFR safe Methylated B Vitamins, Methyl Folate and Iron to support healthy red blood cell production for optimal health and to meet the daily demands and stresses of caring for a newborn!
- Wide Spectrum; formulated with a wide spectrum of essential vitamins and minerals including adequate levels of vitamin D, Thiamin and B6 for breastfeeding, enhanced mood and natural energy!
- Long Lasting Supply; each bottle of our Postnatal Plus provides 60 capsules for a long lasting, 2 month supply in gentle, non irritating, easily absorbed veggie capsules!
- Guaranteed Quality; manufactured in the USA in a GMP compliant facility for guaranteed purity and quality in every bottle! Click the Orange Button to order now!
- WOMENS POSTNATAL MULTIVITAMIN: Taking care of yourself might be the last thing on your mind when you’ve got a newborn to care for, so Premama has made it easy for you to restore and replenish the nutrients in your body with this comprehensive Postnatal multivitamin
- SUPPORTS POSTPARTUM HEALTH + BREASTFEEDING: The Postnatal miltivitamin is packed with nutrients and vitamins needed to nourish and replenish your body after giving birth, enhance your breaksmilk nutrition, and keep up with increased energy demands
- EASES POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION: Premama's Postnatal vitamins contain the patented powerhouse nutrient Saffserene, which is clinically proven to enhance mood and help fight postpartum depression, letting you recover and thrive in early motherhood
- COMBAT BABY BRAIN: Increased energy demands and changes post birth can leave new moms in a fog. Premama's Postnatal vitamins provide the rockstar nutrient, Pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ), to help improve focus, memory, and alertness
- STEP 4 CARE: The Premama Postnatal Vitamins are designed to help replenish your body with the nutrients it needs after giving birth to your baby. You can never be over prepared, so take a look at Premama's Lactation Drink Mix to feed your body with the specific/ necessary nutrients it needs while breastfeeding!
- AWARD-WINNING POSTNATAL VITAMINS - Postnatal Omega-3 won the Women’s Essentials Award from “Taste for Life,” the Best of Supplements Award from “Better Nutrition,” & is the Official Postnatal Omega-3 of the American Pregnancy Association.
- WHY OMEGA-3s - Postnatal Omega-3 provides 456 mg of brain-nourishing DHA to support your nursing baby's neurological development, and 586 mg of EPA that research shows can support a positive mood & healthy metabolism for you.
- BETTER ABSORPTION, BETTER TASTE, NO FISHY BURPS - All of our omega-3 fish oil concentrates are in the triglyceride molecular form (the form naturally found in fish) for optimal absorption. Postnatal Omega-3 has a great lemon taste.
- PURITY GUARANTEED - Every batch of Nordic Naturals fish oil is crafted from fresh, wild-caught, omega-rich fish. Nordic Naturals is committed to using only non-GMO, gluten- & dairy-free ingredients with no artificial colors or preservatives.
- ETHICAL INNOVATION - Nordic Naturals has always been at the forefront of sustainable & ethical practices in the natural products industry. Through science & innovation, we are committed to delivering safe, effective nutrients for optimal wellness.
- ✅Ongoing Support Normal Immune Function Vitamins A, C, D3, and Zinc help support normal immune function.*
- ✅ Brain Health Nature-identical Choline, Omega-3 DHA from microalgae, and methylated Vitamin B12 help support brain health.
- ✅ Lactation Support 350mg of Omega-3 DHA per serving Helps support fatty acid content of breast milk in lactating women.*
- ✅ Higher nutrient requirements during lactation Formulated with USP-grade Iodine, and nature-identical Biotin and Choline to support women’s increased nutrient requirements during lactation.*
- ✅Risk-Free Deal - We work hard to release powerful supplement that will help you create the perfect body you've always dreamed about. Take action to suppress your cravings and avoid eating unhealthy junk food. Our top priority is to make you happy, so, if for any reason your experience is below excellent - contact us immediately and we'll make the things right.
- COMPLETE NUTRITION - The most comprehensive postnatal supplement for breastfeeding moms including methylated folate, choline, and DHA to support baby's brain development.*
- The first postnatal supplement that provides 160 mcg (6,400 IU) of vitamin D3, eliminating the need for infant vitamin D drops.
- RESEARCH-BASED - The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) currently recommends that breastfed infants receive a supplement of 10 mcg (400 IU) vitamin D drops per day.
- DYE-FREE. GLUTEN-FREE. DAIRY-FREE. Gelatin softgels are made from certified BSE-free bovine (cow) gelatin.
- QUALITY YOU CAN TRUST - Made in the USA. Independently tested and certified by NSF & IFOS, in a cGMP registered facility.
- WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT: Mama Bird Postnatal vitamins for women are an amazing once daily multivitamin that contains methylfolate (a natural form of folic acid), methylcobalamin (a natural form of B12), plus 25+ vitamins, 100% organic vegetable blend, and probiotics. Created by a neurologist and mom, our postnatal vitamin is sourced from natural whole food ingredients to help nourish you and your baby.
- THE BEST INGREDIENTS MAKE THE BEST VITAMINS: Your baby is pure potential, so make a smart investment in your and your baby’s health. Our postnatal vitamins are gluten-free and free of soy, yeast, fish/shellfish, sugar, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, nuts, GMOs, dairy/lactose and are made in the U.S.A. Color may vary as this is a natural product.
- KEEP MOVING WITH ONCE DAILY CONVENIENCE. Best Nest Postnatal Vitamin packs everything you need in a once-daily convenient tablet that can be taken anytime, anywhere. Say goodbye to taking multivitamins 3 times a day - you don’t have time for that. Our multivitamin is easy to swallow and ultra-gentle on an empty stomach to help boost energy. Perfect for breastfeeding (nursing).
- BEAUTIFUL MINDS BEGIN WITH ADVANCED NUTRITION. Certified by a third-party ISO/IEC 17025 lab to support the active ingredient concentration, heavy metals concentrations, and purity. We do not use plastic outer seals in an effort to eliminate plastic waste. Neurologist-crafted vitamins. Trusted ingredients. For your growing nest. We create vitamins for your whole nest, including preconception, pregnancy, postnatal, childhood, and parenthood. It’s our mission to help your family soar.
- BUNDLE OF JOY: Add One Fish, Two Fish Prenatal DHA and Mama Bird Probiotics to your bundle. Real fish oil cannot be squeezed into a tablet. When you do see DHA in one, it is in ethyl ester form. We created a separate DHA: One Fish, Two Fish Prenatal DHA. Mama Bird Probiotics are crafted to provide gut and brain support for you and your baby.
- CONGRATS MAMA, now what? Well, like all new moms you need to stay healthy! GoBiotix postnatal multivitamin can help both you and baby with all your nutrition needs
- MIGHTY MORINGA for breastfeeding! Packed with more minerals and nutrients than all other food on the planet. These postpartum supplements can double your milk supply and production
- ELEVATES ENERGY, provides postpartum mood support. Includes a formula of herbs and postnatal vitamins for breastfeeding moms feeling post pregnancy blues
- FULL ABSORPTION breastfeeding vitamins. Made with a blend of postpartum vitamins for women breastfeeding. From moringa leaf for lactation to zinc and iron. Includes vitamin A, C, D2, E, K, 1000 mg of B-12 and more
- CLEAN NON-GMO, gluten free. It’s even vegetarian! Made in our certified lab. Easy, gentle on the stomach. No artificial ingredients ever - just nursing vitamins breastfeeding moms love. For the best health day in, day out ADD TO CART
Buying Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Postnatal Vitamins
What Exactly Is Vitamin?
Vitamins are fundamental substances for the homeostasis, that is, vital balance, of the organism. These small molecules cannot be synthesized by the human body but must be taken daily to meet the needs.
At the time of their discovery, B vitamins were thought to be one vitamin. Further research has confirmed the existence of different types of vitamins, then differentiated by a number. The classification has come to have more than twenty molecules.
Nowadays the vitamin complex B includes eight essential nutrients: thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folic acid (B9), cobalamin or cyanocobalamin (B12).
What Are the Benefits of Vitamin?
These are essential elements for the chemical reactions that control the metabolism of nutrients, the creation of new cells and the control of nerve impulses.
Although it is possible to consider these eight nutrients individually, the most important functions of these vitamins are the result of their balanced combination. In this list we present the main processes that depend on the complex vitamins:
- Energy production
- Creation of new cells
- Protection of cellular integrity, especially of rapidly replicating cells (skin, hair, and nails)
- Maintaining visual function
- Regulation of digestion
- Appetite control
- Maintenance of normal brain function
- Regulation of nervous function
- Hormone production
- Muscle growth
- Increased fertility
- Protection of the fetus and mother during gestation
- Reduction of the risk of fetal malformations
- Possible increase in testosterone production (in men)
What Are the Consequences of A Vitamin Deficiency?
Since vitamins regulate many chemical reactions in the body, their deficiency will cause a general metabolic imbalance, the severity of which depends on the intensity of hypovitaminosis. Some people are more likely to suffer from a vitamin B deficiency, let’s see which ones:
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding Women: pregnant women have a higher nutritional need to ensure adequate development of the fetus. Practically, a higher amount of folic acid (vitamin B9) is needed to allow the neurological development of the fetus.
- Elderly: people over the age of sixty have been shown to be more susceptible to nutritional deficiencies. The absorption capacity of vitamins by the elderly decreases, thus increasing the probability that they suffer from hypovitaminosis.
- People with Diseases Affecting Intestinal Absorption: Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, and HIV infection are diseases that influence nutritional absorption in a more or less serious way, increasing the risk of a deficiency of vitamin B.
- People with Alcoholism Problems: alcohol negatively affects the absorption, accumulation, and activation of B vitamins (in particular B1, B6, and B9). Individuals who consume alcohol frequently are at risk of experiencing a vitamin B deficiency.
- Vegans and Vegetarians: A balanced vegan or vegetarian diet will only provide seven of the eight B complex vitamins. Vitamin B12 is found almost exclusively in products of animal origin and must, therefore, be taken as a supplement in the case of plant-based diets to avoid deficiencies.
- People with Hectic Lifestyles: Chronic stress has been shown to reduce vitamin B6 levels, increasing the risk of a nutritional deficiency.
- Smokers: lower folic acid and vitamin B12 levels were found in smokers, as a result, this group of people is more likely to suffer from a deficit.
Vitamin B deficiency will initially manifest itself in the form of fatigue and weakness. After that, annoying symptoms such as dry skin on the face, chapped lips, digestive disorders, and constipation will appear. If hypovitaminosis does not heal, the situation will worsen and more serious problems will appear:
- Premature aging (appearance of white hair before the age of 30)
- Red and enlarged tongue
- Mood disorders
- Numbness in the toes and hands
- Frequent infections
- Memory loss
- Worsening of vision
- Changes in fetal development (in the case of pregnant women)
- Increased incidence of tumors (especially colon and breast)
How Can a Vitamin Supplement Help Me?
If you are unable to take all the necessary nutrients with your diet, you can meet your nutritional needs by helping yourself with a supplement that contains the eight B vitamins. Vitamin B supplements offer numerous benefits, in particular to the following categories:
- People Who Want to Age Healthily: the effects of vitamins B6, B9, and B12 on the prevention of cognitive impairment of the elderly are under study. Furthermore, adequate levels of vitamin B appear to be able to reduce the probability of cardiovascular events in the elderly.
- People Who Want to Improve the Appearance of The Skin, Nails, and Hair: Some experts claim that the consumption of B vitamins is more effective than cosmetics when you want to improve the appearance of the skin, reduce the fragility of the nails and promote growth hair.
- Stressed Workers: Some studies show that people who use vitamin B supplements better cope with chronic stress from work.
- Students: adequate levels of B complex vitamins could alleviate students’ stress (especially during exam time), avoiding mental fatigue and keeping cognitive skills at normal levels.
- Sportsmen: B vitamins are essential for energy metabolism and muscle growth. A supplement containing vitamins B6, B9 and B12 can improve the sports performance of fitness enthusiasts.
- People Who Follow Weight-Loss Diets: Many times, weight loss diets reduce calorie intake considerably. Taking a vitamin B supplement assures us of adequate consumption of these nutrients, which are essential for keeping the metabolism active.
- Vegetarian Vegans: Vegans (and to a lesser extent, vegetarians) will need to add a vitamin B12 supplement to their diet to avoid hypovitaminosis. Most vitamin B supplements contain cobalamin, which makes them effective supplements for those on a vegan diet.
- People Who Want to Combat the Harmful Effects of Alcohol and Tobacco: quitting smoking and limiting alcohol consumption will improve your health significantly. A vitamin B supplement will help reduce the oxidative effects of years of addiction to tobacco and alcohol.
- People Suffering from Nervous Breakdown, Apathy or Irritability: Although these vitamins cannot replace medicines for psychic conditions, it has been shown that in some people, vitamin B complex can alleviate the feeling of mental fatigue and improve mood.
Without a doubt, the vitamins will help you achieve a general state of well-being. You can use this food supplement sporadically, to cope with stressful periods such as an exam or work projects, or you can take it for long periods of time to improve your physical appearance and mitigate the effects of aging.
How Many Types of Vitamin Supplements Are There?
Most of the vitamin supplements on the market contain the eight most important vitamins in the complex. However, there are specific products for the needs of certain groups of people. Below are the most common types of vitamin B supplements on the market:
- Vitamin for Women Over 40: these vitamin complexes contain high quantities of folic acid and biotin, which help middle-aged women to maintain the well-being of the skin, hair, and nails.
- Vitamin for Athletes: these supplements provide 100% of the Recommended Daily Dose (RDA in English) of vitamin B6, together with other molecules of this complex. In addition, these products may contain other compounds that promote athletic performance, such as magnesium or L-carnitine.
- Vitamin for The Maintenance of Intellectual Function: these products contain a mix of vitamins B6, B9, and B12, combined to make up for nutritional deficiencies due to periods that require additional effort (tests, projects, competitions or prolonged shifts).
- Vitamin for Vegans and Vegetarians: these supplements provide the Recommended Daily Dose (RDA in English) of vitamin B12 avoiding the deficiency of this vitamin and the consequent effects for those who follow diets of vegetable origin (mainly anemia, nervous disorders, fatigue, and intestinal changes ).
- Vitamin for Weight Loss: Normally these preparations provide 100% of the Recommended Daily Dose (RDA in English) of all the B complex vitamins. These supplements help maintain metabolic balance, control appetite and at the same time avoid the appearance of nutritional deficiencies.
People who start taking a vitamin supplement can choose a “standard” product that offers all the essential nutrients of complex B. By doing so, it will be possible to take advantage of all the beneficial effects of vitamin B (sports, intellectual, aesthetic or immune).
How Are Vitamin Supplements Used?
Fortunately, vitamin supplements are among the easiest and most comfortable to use. You simply need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to make the most of this nutritional supplement. I
f you still have some doubt, refer to the following paragraphs, in which we answer the most frequently asked questions on the topic:
- In what dose? It is recommended to choose a supplement that provides 100% of the Recommended Daily Dose of all eight of the most important vitamins of group B. Normally, it is a single dose of supplements that will be taken once a day.
- At what time? The absorption of this supplement does not depend on the time it is taken. Nonetheless, some nutrition experts advise in the morning to benefit from the increase in energy due to the effect of some of these vitamins.
- On an empty or full stomach? B vitamins are water-soluble molecules (which dissolve in water). Consequently, their diffusion capacity is high, and they can be taken indiscriminately, on an empty stomach or accompanied by food.
- How do I store my supplement? Normally it is sufficient to keep the product in a cool and dry place, in the closed container avoiding exposure to sunlight. Some more particular products (such as liquid vitamin B) may require refrigeration.
In this section, you will learn to distinguish quality vitamin supplements from less recommendable products, based on their characteristics. These nutritional complements are among the best sellers and it is important to know how to choose the product that best suits your needs.
- Interactions with other medicines
- Vegan or vegetarian nutrition
- Method of administration
- Value for money
Interaction with Other Medicines
Vitamin supplements do not interact with the most common medicines (over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs, contraceptives, blood pressure control medicines and anti-diabetic medicines). However, taking these products has caused problems for people being treated with anti-epileptic drugs.
For this, we recommend that you contact your doctor before starting vitamin B supplementation, in case you suffer from epilepsy or any nerve conduction disorder. Remember that no nutritional supplement can replace an adequate and personalized medical treatment according to the patient’s needs.
Vitamin supplements can contain products that cause intolerances, for example, gluten, lactose, soy or additives such as magnesium stearate. The absence of allergens, in the case of good quality products, is declared on the container.
If there are no references to the most common allergens, the supplement is very likely to contain these substances.
Vegan or Vegetarian Nutrition
If you are vegan or vegetarian, you should take a vitamin B supplement that guarantees, at the very least, 100% intake of the Recommended Daily Dose of vitamin B12.
Also, be sure to choose a product that is free of animal-based ingredients. For example, vitamin B capsules must be prepared with cellulose instead of gelatin.
Many vitamins must be activated by the body (a process known as methylation) before it can exert the desired effects on cellular metabolism.
However, for a part of the population (up to 30%), it may be impossible or simply more difficult to complete the methylation process of the B complex vitamins.
We, therefore, recommend choosing a supplement that contains vitamins in their activated (methylated) form and ready for use by the body. Methylated compounds are present in the ingredients of supplements with the prefix “methyl”, such as methyltetrahydrofolate (the active form of folic acid or vitamin B9).
Method of Administration
There are several forms of vitamin B, which allow you to take the supplement in the most suitable way for you. The effect and absorption of nutrients don’t change in most cases, so this decision depends on your preferences:
- Tablets: hard tablets or capsules are the simplest forms of supplementation. They are easy to store, but swallowing the tablet can be difficult for some people.
- Soft capsules: these capsules contain liquid inside. The consistency is much more pleasant. Vegan consumers should make sure that the capsule cover does not contain gelatin.
- Oral spray: it is the preferred form of many people, as it allows the integration in a few seconds. Some formulations can pulverize over food, making it even easier to consume these supplements.
- In drops of liquid: also, in this case, the integration is fast, easy and practical. These complements may have a slightly higher price and may require refrigeration.
- Powder: it is the formulation preferred by athletes, who can add the supplement to increase the nutritional content of their favorite drinks or smoothies.
- Gummy candies: this formulation is very popular among the most famous influencers. The possibility of taking vitamins daily in the form of sweets makes integration more pleasant. The main problem? The high price of these products!
Value for Money
Some people assume that the positive effects of vitamin b supplementation are noticeable from the first few days. However, most vitamin studies require a minimum of three months of supplementation before effects on nutrient status can be assessed.
For this reason, we advise you to purchase a product that contains sufficient quantities for a minimum integration of two or three months. Consider that these supplements expire, losing effectiveness after some time. Don’t forget the expiration date!