Welcome to our article dedicated to collagen and the products that contain it. Beauty has been a concern of humans since time immemorial.
At the moment, we are all aware of the fact that beauty standards mostly affect our society. However, they are changing over time. Nowadays, it is considered “beautiful and desirable” to have young and healthy skin.
Unfortunately, over time signs of aging begin to appear, such as wrinkles or lines of expression. To combat these effects of age, the cosmetic market offers a wide variety of products, the critical component of which is collagen serum.
Here we had selected the best collagen serums that are presented below. This will be a great product for your skin.
- Collagen Serum: What are Peptides? They're powerful anti-aging proteins that alert skin when it's time to produce more collagen....
- Heal and Repair: In addition to being an anti-aging face serum, peptides are touted as natural healing agents and our Peptide...
- Smooth and Hydrated Skin: Achieving a softer, firmer complexion is easier than you think. Collagen Face Serum is a hydrating serum...
- Anti Aging Serum For Face: Our Collagen Serum can plump face, skin, and lips, and when skin is firmer and plumper, wrinkles and...
- Eva Naturals has quickly become one of the most trusted names in plant-based skincare. Our anti aging serum is Cruelty Free, uses...
- 1-fluid ounce of Neutrogena Rapid Firming Collagen Triple Lift Face Serum hydrates to smooth skin while visibly lifting and...
- Formulated with a triple action collagen formula, it combines pure low molecular weight collagen with AHP amino acid and an amino...
- In 4 weeks, 92% of subjects saw more rejuvenated-looking skin and improvement in visible firmness*; 86% saw visible improvement in...
- From a dermatologist recommended brand, this firming facial collagen serum makes a great addition to your regular skincare routine...
- Percentage of subjects noticing an improvement
- PERFECTLY PLUMP SKIN – Do you dream of the years before wrinkles and fine lines betrayed your age? Revive the firm, glowing, and...
- NATURE’S FINEST INGREDIENTS – Nutrient-rich extracts found in nature enhance collagen’s incredible properties. Soy partners...
- SAFE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN – Time deprives skin of its resilience, making it increasingly fragile as the years pass. Don’t choose...
- NON GREASY AND ABSORBS EASY – With the many facial oils, serums, and moisturizers that make up your skin care routine, layering...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – At Elastalift, we want to lift your skin AND your self-confidence. We promise that this anti-aging...
- Value Pack! Two large 2oz bottles. Collagen Instant Plumping Serum is your key to firmer, more youthful looking skin. Moisturizing...
- Highly concentrated Collagen facial serum contains firming algae extract to support supple skin. Top rated anti-aging serum on...
- Dual formula instantly plumps skin for a flash of radiance. Soy Extracts target sagging, lost elasticity and facial lines. Results...
- Glycerin increases hydration for a dewy glow, while collagen plumps to lock in essential moisture,
- Paraben-free. Trusted formula. Manufactured in the USA. Not tested on animals. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- 💦【Anti Wrinkles Collagen Serum】Stimulate your skin's natural collagen production helping to reduce wrinkles and fine lines,...
- 💦【Natural & Organic Ingredients】Witch hazel, aloe vera, jojoba oil, and extracts of horsetail plant, geranium, and...
- 💦【Hydrating & Moisturizing Formula】This face serum includes Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide to give the skin a boost of...
- 💦【Feel The Hydration】Perfect with microneedling. For fast absorption, Hyaluronic Acid and Jojoba Oil deeply penetrate skin,...
- 💦【Perfect for All Skin Types】Our Active Collagen Serum works great for men, women and all skin types, and it a great...
- VEGAN COLLAGEN COMPLEX SERUM this concentrated bioactive serum is a next-generation support system built for a healthier, dewy...
- VEGAN COLLAGEN* produced through a plant-sourced fermentation process that uses zero animal inputs while demonstrating its...
- PERFECT FOR ALL AND AGING SKIN TYPES and helps boost hydration for a refreshed look
- INFUSED WITH SKIN LOVING INGREDIENTS vegan collagen*, hyaluronic acid, japonica seed oil, flower extracts
- FREE OF HARSH CHEMICALS including parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oil, petroleum, and sulfates
- Skin: Gently massage a small amount of oil into treated area, in the morning and/or evening for a luxurious feel.
- Hair: Apply a small amount of oil on ends of hair while wet or dry.
- Nails: Massage a small of oil amount into nails and cuticles.
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers'...
- COLLAGEN PEPTIDE TO THE MAX: Our expertly formulated Collagen Peptide 24 Serum is now available in MAX concentration with 2X* the...
- FRAGRANCE-FREE & SMOOTH: Ultra light weight and quick-absorbing to leave skin feeling smooth with no sticky or greasy residue, and...
- EXPERT FORMULATION: Unlike most Collagen molecules in skincare that sit on the top of your skin, our expert formulation delivers...
- MAX OUT YOUR SERUM: Use as your daily serum. Smooth evenly over cleansed face and neck both morning and night before your...
- INSTANT RESULTS: Instantly hydrates to visibly firm skin and provide 24 hours of hydration. And with 2 weeks of use facial...
- SOFTEN WRINKLES & DIMINISH FINE LINES- Peptides are the best at promoting collagen growth.
- FIRMER, PLUMPER, GLOWING SKIN- Matrixyl 3000, Trylagen, and Hyaluronic Acid work together.
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED & GREAT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN- We're also cruelty free & fragrance free.
- NON-GREASY, ABSORBS FAST- Oil free and in an aloe base for easy absorption into the skin.
- EXTENDED GUARANTEE FROM MANUFACTURER-If you're not happy for any reason, contact us for a full refund with 90 days.
- ✅ INSTANTLY REFRESH YOUR SKIN with this super-concentrated anti aging face moisturizer for women and men, which will deeply...
- ✅ TURN BACK THE CLOCK ON YOUR SKIN: Infused with potent anti-aging agents, this wrinkle correction serum can boost the new skin...
- ✅ CLEAR ACNE FLARE-UPS & MINIMIZE PORES: By stimulating the collagen production, our retinol night serum can help even the skin...
- ✅ REJUVENATE YOUR FACE BY THE DAY: Pump a few drops into your palm, rub with your fingertips to warm up the collagen serum and...
- ✅ OFFER A HEART-WARMING GIFT: Surprise your sweetheart on Valentine's, mom on Mother's Day or best friend at Christmas! This...
How to Choose Collagen Serums?
Before buying collagen-based cosmetics, you need to know the main aspects of this protein. Below we have included the most relevant information about collagen and the most frequently asked questions among users.
What Exactly Is Collagen?
Collagen is one of the proteins present in higher quantities in our body. It is the main structural protein of the human body.
This means that collagen acts as a support between different tissues, such as tendons, teeth or skin. It allows them to maintain their architecture and stability and to function correctly.
Over time, collagen fibres become damaged and lose their functionality. This, among others, has cosmetic implications. The degradation of collagen causes the skin to lose its firmness, become more flabby and wrinkles appear.
To prevent this from happening, many cosmetics include collagen in their composition.
What Are the Cosmetic Properties of Collagen?
As we have said, collagen is present in multiple tissues and organs of our body. This is the reason why its cosmetic properties are not limited to one level but are very wide. Below we will name the main benefits of collagen in aesthetic terms.
On the skin, collagen is widely used for its anti-aging properties. Promotes the regeneration and replacement of the skin, allowing to fill small wrinkles and soften the expression lines.
Also, it provides more excellent elasticity and softness to our skin. Therefore, collagen-rich skin will look young and healthy.
In addition to fighting the signs of aging, collagen offers other skin benefits. For example, it helps reduce inflammatory skin processes, such as acne, eczema or psoriasis. Besides, it helps prevent the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks and helps improve the healing process.
Finally, collagen also acts on the skin appendages, such as hair and nails. Its role is to promote strong and healthy hair growth, giving it a dazzling appearance. Even the pins will appear more youthful, becoming less brittle and more resistant.
What Other Benefits Does Collagen Have for My Body?
The properties of collagen go beyond beauty and cosmetics. First of all, this protein has been shown to have antioxidant power. It also helps control blood pressure and reduce fat levels in the body. Also, it has therapeutic properties at the level of the tissues, such as skin, cartilage or tendons.
Optimal collagen levels help reduce muscle and osteoarticular pain. The supporting tissues, such as bones, cartilage and tendons, will remain strong and healthy with a sufficient level of collagen. This protein pills also promotes muscle recovery after training.
Where Does the Collagen Use in Cosmetics Come From?
In cosmetics, collagen comes from two types of sources: natural and synthetic. Natural ones can be animal or vegetable. Most of the collagen is obtained from cattle. Animal collagen, despite being cheap and easy to get, can cause allergic and sensitivity reactions and transmit pathologies.
To avoid these drawbacks, synthetic collagen sources have been developed. These are collagen molecules modified to be more compatible with human use and not harm our health. As a disadvantage, this type of collagen is more expensive and less effective than natural.
Currently, the use of collagen from marine animals is on the rise. It is a natural source of collagen, therefore more effective. Also, there is no risk of transmitting disease or producing adverse reactions. Thus, although bovine collagen is still the most used, marine could replace it shortly.
When Is It Recommended to Start Using Collagen-Based Cosmetics?
As we have already said, collagen fibres lose their properties with age. Over the years, they degenerate, degrade, and thereby the skin loses its youthful appearance. Scientists say that after the age of 25, we lose 1.5% of collagen per year.
It is for this reason that it is particularly advisable to use collagen-rich products from this age. Furthermore, it is good to include in our diet products that stimulate collagen production. In this way, we will improve the properties of this protein not only on a superficial level but also on a systemic level.
What Are the Factors that Reduce Collagen Production?
In addition to age, there are several factors directly involved in collagen production. This is important because most of them are related to habits and our lifestyle. Therefore, they can be edited and corrected.
The following list shows the main factors described:
- Nicotine addiction
- High blood sugar levels
- Insufficient intake of vitamin C
- Prolonged exposure to environmental pollutants
- Exposure to the sun
All these aspects can damage, in one way or another, our skin, as well as reduce the production of collagen in our body. Therefore, it is essential to lead a healthy lifestyle and avoid exposure to these factors. In this way, we can guarantee healthy skin inside and out.
Does Collagen Have Harmful Effects on Health?
In cosmetics, collagen is applied topically (creams, lotions, gels). That’s why it can cause very few side effects. Among these, allergic or hypersensitivity reactions are highlighted. This is because some people may be allergic or sensitive to individual components of collagen depending on its origin.
Collagen Advantages And Disadvantages
Below is a table summarizing the advantages and disadvantages associated with the use of collagen-rich cosmetics. It is essential to keep in mind that these aspects refer to the topical application of collagen.
- Anti-age effect
- Rejuvenated and firm skin
- It reduces acne and inflammation
- Active against cellulite/stretch marks
- Improve scarring and tissue repair
- Strong and healthy hair/nails
- Hypersensitivity reactions
When buying a collagen-rich cosmetic, it is essential to consider several aspects to make the right choice. Below, you will find the most relevant factors to consider when buying your cosmetic product:
The composition of the product mainly refers to the source of collagen present. To avoid allergic reactions or skin sensitivity, it is essential to review the components of the product. That is, you need to make sure that the cosmetic is free of compounds that could be harmful to you.
These types of reactions, as we have seen in the previous sections, are particularly frequent in the collagen of animal origin. Since it is the most used in cosmetic products, it is necessary to take into account the composition of the product.
So if you have sensitive skin, we recommend that you opt for marine or synthetic collagen.
Before buying a collagen-based cosmetic, you should ask yourself what you are looking for. Collagen is not just a product with anti-aging properties.
In addition to that, it offers many other benefits to our skin and body. Hence, it is essential to ask yourself which collagen function is the most appropriate for you.
The side effects of applying collagen to the skin are minimal. (Source: Roman Samborskyi: 91346721 / 123rf.com)
As with all cosmetic products, you can find a wide range of qualities on the market. In this sense, it is possible to check the total collagen content in each product.
Also, some cosmetics contain excipients that could harm the skin. Therefore, it is necessary to analyze the product formulation globally.
Be careful, be critical, and don’t be fooled. Some products are sold to us as a miracle solution when they contain a small portion of collagen.
Therefore, it is essential to check whether the product you are willing to buy is of good quality or not. Don’t trust the first impression; go further.