Car tires, bicycle wheels, inflatable boats for the sea, or soccer balls. If you have often found yourself needing to inflate one of these objects and have had to waste precious time looking for a gas station, the time has probably come to consider purchasing a compressor.
By comparing the prices of the various models on the market, you will find that it is possible to buy a compressor without spending a fortune.
To help you choose, we have created this guide with advice on what aspects to consider before purchase and with the ranking with reviews of the best products for us. Here we will be listing the top 14 best compressors.
- FIT FOR VARIOUS SIZES: SCITOO strut spring compressor for Macpherson strut coils of various sizes. Compress the strut spring coils for safty and convenience when replacing strut assembly and springs contact and built-in detent pins lock the spring coil in place for safer operation. Lubricate threads with anti-seize compound for prolonged life.
- PRODUCT USAGE: Common to strut assembly removed from vehicle to transfer old spring to new strut, to repairs on bent struts, strut tubes, and damaged pieces. Hexagonal end for 13 / 16 inch wrench or socket, allowing 1 / 2 inch extension to adjust if strut is too close to tool; 11.5 inch threaded rod for maximum opening from 10 inch to 10.5 inch install jaws on coil.
- BUILT TO LAST: The threaded rod is made from carbon steel and the hooks are forged steel, providing long service lifetime, suitable for both home and professional use.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: When doing automotive maintenance always make sure all the tools are correctly used and wear safety glasses and gloves . Any question or problem, feel free to contact us.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY - We provide 1 year warranty for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- WIDE RANGE OF COMPATIBILITY: Compress most sizes of MacPherson strut springs with the OEMTOOLS strut spring compressor; Quickly and safely compress the strut spring for easy replacement of the strut cartridge or strut assembly repair
- LOCKS INTO PLACE: Safer spring compression with broad spring contact and built-in detent pins; Strut compressor tools make changing front and rear struts safer and easier
- LONG LASTING: Forged hooks and hardened center screw make these spring compressors the safest on the market
- OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE: Heat-treated forcing screw and safety latches for locking hook to spring; These spring clamps are thoughtfully designed to be the only shocks and struts set you'll ever need
- IMPORTANT AUTO SUSPENSION TOOL: MacPherson struts are the most important element of the suspension system in many modern vehicles, and should be replaced, on average, every 50,000 to 80,000 miles
- Telescopic range 120mm-325mm (4.92" - 12.80")
- A telescopic spring compressor with universal use has a non-slip, three pronged arm feature for maximum grip.
- This tool makes it possible to remove and replace the coil springs on the wishbone without dismantling the axle saving valuable time and money.
- Suitable for use on multi-link independent suspensions.
- With our rich content, hundreds of thousands of products are available in our inventory. You can find many products you need in detail on the page of our store.
- This item is designed to compress many MacPherson Strut Spring sizes
- The broad spring contact and built in detent pins help to lock the spring into place for safer
- This Tools Strut Spring Compressor quickly and safely compresses the spring for easy
- Replacement of the strut cartridge or strut assembly repair.
- The hooks are forged and the center screw is hardened for long life.
- AUTO SPRING COMPRESSOR - Material: Steel; Color: Red; Product Type: Hand operate spring compressor; Max. Spring Diameter: 7.8" (200 mm); Max. Spring Height: 20" (500 mm)
- APPLICATION - Designed to disassemble/assemble operations of car spring shock and can compresses and pauses the spring in any position. Removes the toughest strut spring for replacement and helps to repair strut components.
- Quick and safe compressor; Solid steel construction, durable; Suitable for most cars and truck
- Easy operation, high speed, safe and reliable; Rounded base for stability and easy storage
- NOTE - Coil spring compressor should be securely fixed on flat ground before starting to use. When applying compression to the spring, always stand beside the unit.
- Backed by Myers Tire Supply - a leader in the auto supply market - and Branick
- Made in the USA and all orders in before 2:00 pm EST ship same day
- 3,000 lbs Max Spring Compression Capacity with Min/Max Spring Diameters of 3.5/11.5 in (9/29 cm)
- All steel construction Versatile mounting options, Heavy duty Acme thread, Doesn't require adaptors
- Mobile cart and bench-mounts avail but sold separately
- For off-vehicle strut spring removal and installation using a bench vise.
- Patented tool designed for quick, safe strut spring removal and installation.
- Durable storage case with step-by-step instructions.
- Meets or exceeds ANSI standards.
- Designed for off-vehicle strut spring removal and installation
- Compress Most Sizes Of Macpherson Strut Springs With The Oemtools Strut Spring Compressor – Quickly And Safely Compress The Spring For Easy Replacement Of The Strut Cartridge Or Strut Assembly Repair
- Safer Spring Compression with the Broad Spring Contact
- Forged Hooks and Hardened Center Screw
- Heat-Treated Forcing Screw and Safety Latches for Locking Hook to Spring
- Do not use with impact driver tools. Our products are 100% brand new. If you think the item you received is used, please contact us for a replacement.
- Length: 390mm/Quantity: 2PCS/One Pair
- 1/2 Drive & 14" Maximum Jaw Opening.Set Of (2) Coil Spring Shock Compressor Remover/Installer
- Ideal For Remove Coil Spring To Replace Or Repair Shock Absorbers, Spring Set, Struts
- All Black Powder Coated Finished.Drop Forged, Heat Treated Steel Construction.Precision Machined Steel Bolts
- Permits Quick And Safe Removal Or Installation Of Springs/Shocks While Repairing Struts
- RUGGED AND DURABLE FRAME: Shankly’s heavy duty spring compressor for struts and coil springs reduces tool flexing, bending, and warping, providing confidence to the mechanic.
- LARGE CARS AND TRUCKS, NO PROBLEM: Many coil spring compressor tools slip and buckle under high tension, Shankly’s heavy duty spring compressor tool bears 1000 kg maximum capacity per pair. Ideal solution for larger vehicles.
- STRONG AND SECURE HOOKS REDUCE SLIPPAGE: Avoid strut compressors with flimsy hooks creating slippage and other safety problems. Shankly’s coil compressor hooks grip springs tightly by turning easy to use hex nuts.
- UNIVERSAL COMPRESSOR TOOL: Wide jaw capacity (23 mm - 280 mm) make Shankly’s coil spring compressor tool is ideal for a range of vehicles, assisting the mechanic with years of compression jobs.
- IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Coil spring tool work can be dangerous. GREASE THREADS WELL TO PRESERVE THREADS AND AVOID STRIPPING. DO NOT USE IMPACT GUN TO TIGHTEN, APPLY EVEN PRESSURE TO BOTH BY HAND USING A RATCHET WRENCH.
Best Strut Compressors Buyer Guide
Belt or Pistons
In principle, the compressors are divided into two categories: those for domestic and hobby use and professional ones. The substantial difference is related to their size and the amount of air they can emit in a minute.
On the market, focusing on models for home use, you can typically find portable compressors (with a capacity of about 6 liters), which make compact dimensions and transportability their strong point, or medium compressors, to be used at home or in the workshop, with a capacity of 20 or 50 liters.
These are piston models made by all the best brands in the sector, which manage to combine good quality, fair power, and an attractive sales price. They are, therefore, suitable for the vast majority of non-professional uses and are the type that we would advise you for occasional use.
If, on the other hand, you need to generate a lot of air, to be also used for painting, screwing bolts, or to use nailers or air chisels, the model you need is one of the belt ones.
These appliances can work for many consecutive hours, as the engine travels at a much lower rpm, and, despite this, they can produce more air than a traditional compressor. The price and dimensions, however, are, on average higher.
The power supported by a compressor is expressed with a double value combined with the abbreviation HP: the first indicates the amount of energy used to start the engine, the second the energy used while the appliance is operating.
This value is useful for understanding which model is right for you. To give you an indication, a compressor with a small tank needs an engine with good power if your need is to use it for many hours a day. Vice versa, models with massive tanks, work better if coupled with low voltage motors.
Larger compressors, designed for use in a specific environment, are usually powered by electricity and therefore, must be placed near a power outlet.
If your requirement, however, is to always have the appliance with you, for example, in the trunk, to use it in case of need, better opt for a portable car model, powered by gas, or with a cable to be connected to the cigarette lighter. Car.
Like all electrical appliances, the compressor also requires a minimum of maintenance to be performed every three or four months to ensure that it always works flawlessly.
This compressor with a 6-liter tank and 8 bar pressure is designed for hobbyists who like to do small jobs themselves without having to resort to the skills of a professional each time.
Mainly, what can be done with the Mecafer compressor? Firstly, put the car tires under pressure, but also use accessories such as the impact wrench to unscrew the bolts or paint.
In short, the opportunities are many, even if the work cannot be extended for a long time without the compressor attacking to start pumping air again. As we have said, the tank is 6 liters, not many, but if the noise generated by the compressor is not a problem for you, then how not to say.
Suitable for Small Workshops
The compressor has small dimensions, and if this, on the one hand, does not make it suitable for professional jobs, on the other, it makes it well suited to a small workshop or garage for typical DIY jobs. Indeed, it is so tiny that there is no need even to have a garage, just a closet. We said about the dimensions, but it is also light.
Therefore transport is not a big problem, even if we have to report the absence of the wheels; consequently, it cannot be towed as it is possible for the larger models.
For its compressor, Mecafer has focused heavily on simplicity and practicality. The controls are intuitive and distinguishable. The pressure gauge is legible and interpreted.
The engine has good power, but you will hear it attack very often because the tank takes little time to empty as the air pressure drops dramatically. There are no accessories. Let us pause for a moment on his materials: these made a good impression. It is undoubtedly a very resistant compressor.
Would we recommend it? Definitely, but we must invite you to think carefully about the use you have to make of it, especially if you need a continuous flow of air, in that case, either bear the noise of the engine or look for a compressor with a much larger tank.
The Size of The Tank
The choice of the size of the tank, at least in our view, must be linked to the use made of the compressor. Those who use it for professional purposes need a constant flow of air without the engine attacking continuously.
So, in this case, it is good to rely on a 100-liter model. But such a compressor is quite bulky, therefore, if there is a need to carry it around, you can be satisfied with a 50-liter tank, which is not a few, and the dimensions are reduced.
If you have a garage or a small workshop where you can enjoy DIY jobs, even in this case, a 50-liter compressor can be fine, while for all other cases, it is better to opt for something smaller.
No less important, the choice of the compressor is the question of power. As well as for the size of the tank, it too must be suitable for the purpose because pressure and compression times depend on it.
The pressure value can be indicated in two ways, that is, with the most common bar (not the one where you go to get coffee) or with the lesser-known psi. For the uninitiated, one psi equals 14 bar. As for the flow rate, it is indicated in l / m and informs us about the quantity of air delivered in 60 seconds.