Car tires, bicycle wheels, inflatable boats for the sea, or soccer balls. If you have often found yourself needing to inflate one of these objects and have had to waste precious time looking for a gas station, the time has probably come to consider purchasing a compressor.
By comparing the prices of the various models on the market, you will find that it is possible to buy a compressor without spending a fortune.
To help you choose, we have created this guide with advice on what aspects to consider before purchase and with the ranking with reviews of the best products for us. Here we will be listing the top 14 best compressors.
- No adaptors required
- Heavy duty acme thread
- Versatile mounting options
- Multi-position hooks
- All steel construction
- This Macpherson Strut Spring Compressor designed to withstand extreme pressure in any environment, ideal for professional mechanic and automotive repair novice. compress the coil spring to replace the shock absorber unit or spring; For repairs on bent struts, strut tubes, and damaged pieces; Easy and super-fast setup
- Using a 3/4"or 19mm socket and ratchet turn the main shaft compressing the strut spring enough to safely remove the fastener nut holding the cartridge. Wide compatible with struts assembly that remove from the vehicle to transfer the old spring on the new strut
- Acme threaded rod with broad spring contact and built-in detent pins to lock the coil spring in place for safer spring compression; it allows for durable and smooth compression of springs both on or off the vehicle with hand or power tools
- The 8MILELAKE Macpherson Strut Spring Compressor constructed with forged hooks and center screw hardened for maximum strength and longevity
- A plastic carry case is included. easy to organize and carry the tool
- Manufacturer: OTC
- Auto & Truck Maintenance
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Part number: 6494
- WIDE RANGE OF COMPATIBILITY: Compress most sizes of MacPherson strut springs with the OEMTOOLS spring strut compressor; Quickly and safely compress the strut spring for easy replacement of the strut cartridge or spring and strut assembly repair
- LOCKS INTO PLACE: This strut tool remover offers safer spring compression with broad spring contact and built-in detent pins; Strut coil spring compressor tool makes changing front and rear struts safer and easier
- LONG LASTING: Forged hooks and hardened center screw on this heavy duty strut spring compressor are designed to make this coil spring compressor set the most durable strut compression tool on the market; Strut tool kit will last for years to come
- VARIETY OF FEATURES: MacPherson Spring Compressor features heat-treated forcing screw and safety latches for locking hook to spring; These coil compressors are thoughtfully designed to be safe to use; The only shocks and struts kit you need
- AUTOMOTIVE SUSPENSION TOOLS: MacPherson struts are the most important element of many modern suspension systems and should be replaced, on average, every 50,000 to 80,000 miles; This strut removal tool from OEM TOOLS get the job done
- EASY TO USE: Use the ABN 11.5” Inch Strut Spring Compressor Tool – Set of 2 (Pair) – MacPherson Spring Compression, 13/16” Socket 1/2" Drive to compress the coil spring to replace the shock absorber unit or spring; For repairs on bent struts, strut tubes, and damaged pieces; Easy and super-fast setup; Attach the brackets completely onto the spring, tighten, and remove the strut; Lubricate threads with anti-seize compound for prolonged life
- LOCKS INTO PLACE: Acme threaded rod with broad spring contact and built-in detent pins to lock the coil spring in place for safer spring compression; Acme threaded rod allows for durable and smooth compression of springs both on or off the vehicle with hand or power tools
- WIDE RANGE OF COMPATIBILITY: Universally compatible with struts assembly that remove from the vehicle to transfer the old spring on the new strut; Hex-shaped end for a 13/16-inch wrench or socket and allows a 1/2-inch extension for adjustment if the strut is too close to the tool; 11.5-inch threaded rods for 10-inch to 10.5-inch maximum opening to fit jaws to coils (Wide jaws with standard diameter of approximately 6 inches OD front coil springs)
- BUILT TO LAST: Constructed with forged hooks and center screw hardened for maximum strength and longevity; Designed to withstand extreme pressure in any environment; For professional use
- EASY STORAGE: Heavy-duty plastic blow-molded carrying case for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization
- WIDE RANGE OF COMPATIBILITY: Compress most sizes of MacPherson strut springs with the OEMTOOLS strut spring compressor; Quickly and safely compress the strut spring for easy replacement of the strut cartridge or strut assembly repair
- LOCKS INTO PLACE: Safer spring compression with the broad spring contact and built-in detent pins; Strut compressor tools make changing front and rear struts safer and easier
- LONG LASTING: Forged hooks and hardened center screw make these spring compressors the safest on the market
- OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE: Heat-treated forcing screw and safety latches for locking hook to spring; These spring clamps are thoughtfully designed to be the only shocks and struts set you'll ever need
- IMPORTANT AUTO SUSPENSION TOOL: MacPherson struts are the most important element of the suspension system in many modern vehicles, and should be replaced, on average, every 50,000 to 80,000 miles
- STURDY LOCKING: Our compressor tools feature built-in detent latches to help lock coil in place. The accompanying safety gauge helps you to test if this tool is right for your coil
- EASY REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION: This spring compressor quickly and easily compresses most MacPherson strut springs and coil springs. See the product manual for full instructions and listings
- DURABLE MATERIALS: This coil tool features forged construction for strength and durability. The top-quality steel will enable long usage and keeping your coil in place
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: This coil spring compressor tool comes with a vibrant red carrying case. With sliding locks on the case, your compressor isn’t going anywhere. However, you can take it anywhere with the travel handle and lightweight design
- 【HIGH PERFORMANCE】- The Capacity: 3 Ton (6600 lbs); The lifting height is 495~820 mm (19.5"* 32.3"), and its max support bar shaft open can be 60* 300 mm (2.4"* 11.8").
- 【HYDRAULIC CYLINDER】- Hydraulic cylinder is made with good tightness. There will be no oil leakage. And needs no efforts to operate the product for single person.
- 【FLEXIBLE COMPRESSOR】- There are 7 small holes on the column by which the compressor can be flexibly adjusted for a wide range of applications to suit the shock absorber springs of different models.
- 【EASY TO USE】- This product has a foot pedal for easy and convenient operation, also make sure the use is safe, and saves time and effort for you.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】- Suitable for the disassembly and assembly of strut type shock absorbing springs for cars, off-road vehicles, vans, pickup trucks and other vehicles.
- 【6600 LBS LOAD CAPACITY】- The spring strut compressor is compressed to a capacity of 3 tons (6600 lbs), can disassemble the strut spring smoothly. The lifting height is 495-820 mm (19.5" x 32.3"), and its max support bar shaft open can be 60 x 300 mm (2.4" x 11.8").
- 【FUNCTIONAL & FLEXIBLE】 - Removes the most rigid strut spring for quick replacement. Helps in the repair of strut components. Seven small holes on the column by which the compressor can be flexibly adjusted for a wide range of applications.
- 【HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION】- This hydraulic compressor, constructed of high-quality steel, is built to be sturdy and durable. The reinforcement bottom makes the whole body more stable during operation. The surface is treated with baking varnish to prevent rust.
- 【CONVENIENT OPERATION】- Fast and safe spring compressor; Foot pedal operated with quick release; Fit for most vehicle models and size. Package includes additional four Snap Joints for your convenient use.
- 【VARIOUS APPLICATION】- Hydraulic spring compressor is suitable for disassembling and assembling strut-type shock-absorbing springs for cars, off-road vans, pickup trucks, and other vehicles.
- This item is designed to compress many MacPherson Strut Spring sizes
- The broad spring contact and built in detent pins help to lock the spring into place for safer
- This Tools Strut Spring Compressor quickly and safely compresses the spring for easy
- Replacement of the strut cartridge or strut assembly repair.
- The hooks are forged and the center screw is hardened for long life.
- For off-vehicle strut spring removal and installation using a bench vise.
- Patented tool designed for quick, safe strut spring removal and installation.
- Durable storage case with step-by-step instructions.
- Meets or exceeds ANSI standards.
- Designed for off-vehicle strut spring removal and installation
- Fits all strut spring sizes, import and domestic
- This is an inexpensive, but super safe strut spring compressor
- Heavy duty clamps and bolts securely hold spring during operation
- Package Dimensions: 32.512 L x 5.334 H x 19.558 W (centimeters)
- Made in United States
- Package Weight: 7.15 pounds
- Included components: Unit, Instruction Guide
- Package Dimensions: 32.766 L x 8.89 H x 14.223 W (centimeters)
Best Strut Compressors Buyer Guide
Belt or Pistons
In principle, the compressors are divided into two categories: those for domestic and hobby use and professional ones. The substantial difference is related to their size and the amount of air they can emit in a minute.
On the market, focusing on models for home use, you can typically find portable compressors (with a capacity of about 6 liters), which make compact dimensions and transportability their strong point, or medium compressors, to be used at home or in the workshop, with a capacity of 20 or 50 liters.
These are piston models made by all the best brands in the sector, which manage to combine good quality, fair power, and an attractive sales price. They are, therefore, suitable for the vast majority of non-professional uses and are the type that we would advise you for occasional use.
If, on the other hand, you need to generate a lot of air, to be also used for painting, screwing bolts, or to use nailers or air chisels, the model you need is one of the belt ones.
These appliances can work for many consecutive hours, as the engine travels at a much lower rpm, and, despite this, they can produce more air than a traditional compressor. The price and dimensions, however, are, on average higher.
The power supported by a compressor is expressed with a double value combined with the abbreviation HP: the first indicates the amount of energy used to start the engine, the second the energy used while the appliance is operating.
This value is useful for understanding which model is right for you. To give you an indication, a compressor with a small tank needs an engine with good power if your need is to use it for many hours a day. Vice versa, models with massive tanks, work better if coupled with low voltage motors.
Larger compressors, designed for use in a specific environment, are usually powered by electricity and therefore, must be placed near a power outlet.
If your requirement, however, is to always have the appliance with you, for example, in the trunk, to use it in case of need, better opt for a portable car model, powered by gas, or with a cable to be connected to the cigarette lighter. Car.
Like all electrical appliances, the compressor also requires a minimum of maintenance to be performed every three or four months to ensure that it always works flawlessly.
This compressor with a 6-liter tank and 8 bar pressure is designed for hobbyists who like to do small jobs themselves without having to resort to the skills of a professional each time.
Mainly, what can be done with the Mecafer compressor? Firstly, put the car tires under pressure, but also use accessories such as the impact wrench to unscrew the bolts or paint.
In short, the opportunities are many, even if the work cannot be extended for a long time without the compressor attacking to start pumping air again. As we have said, the tank is 6 liters, not many, but if the noise generated by the compressor is not a problem for you, then how not to say.
Suitable for Small Workshops
The compressor has small dimensions, and if this, on the one hand, does not make it suitable for professional jobs, on the other, it makes it well suited to a small workshop or garage for typical DIY jobs. Indeed, it is so tiny that there is no need even to have a garage, just a closet. We said about the dimensions, but it is also light.
Therefore transport is not a big problem, even if we have to report the absence of the wheels; consequently, it cannot be towed as it is possible for the larger models.
For its compressor, Mecafer has focused heavily on simplicity and practicality. The controls are intuitive and distinguishable. The pressure gauge is legible and interpreted.
The engine has good power, but you will hear it attack very often because the tank takes little time to empty as the air pressure drops dramatically. There are no accessories. Let us pause for a moment on his materials: these made a good impression. It is undoubtedly a very resistant compressor.
Would we recommend it? Definitely, but we must invite you to think carefully about the use you have to make of it, especially if you need a continuous flow of air, in that case, either bear the noise of the engine or look for a compressor with a much larger tank.
The Size of The Tank
The choice of the size of the tank, at least in our view, must be linked to the use made of the compressor. Those who use it for professional purposes need a constant flow of air without the engine attacking continuously.
So, in this case, it is good to rely on a 100-liter model. But such a compressor is quite bulky, therefore, if there is a need to carry it around, you can be satisfied with a 50-liter tank, which is not a few, and the dimensions are reduced.
If you have a garage or a small workshop where you can enjoy DIY jobs, even in this case, a 50-liter compressor can be fine, while for all other cases, it is better to opt for something smaller.
No less important, the choice of the compressor is the question of power. As well as for the size of the tank, it too must be suitable for the purpose because pressure and compression times depend on it.
The pressure value can be indicated in two ways, that is, with the most common bar (not the one where you go to get coffee) or with the lesser-known psi. For the uninitiated, one psi equals 14 bar. As for the flow rate, it is indicated in l / m and informs us about the quantity of air delivered in 60 seconds.