When you don’t want to use central heating to make one room comfortable, buying an electric heater can be the solution. Some models are convection and others irradiation: the former diffuse heat through resistance and are more potent than the latter, which use infrared rays instead.
The power to choose depends a lot on the size of the room to be heated: if it is large, it is better to opt for a stove that can heat up early and keep the temperature constant. Watch out for consumption: a product with a thermostat is preferable.
It may happen that the central heating system of a house is not always sufficient to ensure the heat you need, especially in the case of huge rooms. Here we will be listing the top 8 best electric stoves.
- Adjustable temperature control with Off, Warm, Low, Med, and High settings
- 1000 watts of power for faster cooking
- Easy to clean heavy duty cast-iron flat heating plate
- Cool-touch base and non-skid rubber feet for stable cooking
- Power indicator light
- MAKES COOKING A STRESS-FREE TASK – The Ovente Electric Double Coil Burner is equipped with a 6" & 5.7" hot plates with durable stainless steel heating tube powered by 1700W (120V) of power. It heats up quickly and cooks food evenly without any hot or cold spots.
- QUALITY YOU CAN COUNT ON – Its body is made of a durable metal housing that is highly resistant to high temperatures and fire. It won’t easily warp or bend even after years of usage.
- KEEPS THE DESIRED HEAT STEADY – This electric coil burner has an indicator light that illuminates once the burner reaches the desired temperature. Just turn the control knob and choose the appropriate temperature setting for your food, and the burner will maintain the heat.
- EASY TO CLEAN – You do not need to heavily scrub off the food drippings and oil splatters from the unit. Just wipe the non-electrical parts with a damp sponge or disinfectant kitchen wipes and dry to clean.
- HASSLE-FREE COOKING EXPERIENCE – The cooktop is powered by 120V (1700W). It uses infrared technology an advanced system for smooth-top electric ranges heating up food quickly and evenly.
- COMPATIBLE TO ALL COOKWARES – Unlike induction cooktops this countertop burner works well with all types of cookware. However for best results use flat cookware as close to the plate size of its burners (one with a 7" in diameter and one with a 6.5”) as possible. The pot can handle the maximum weight of 3 kg (6.6 lbs).
- CLASSY AND PORTABLE – Its flat stainless steel housing and sleek crystallite ceramic glass top make this burner look great on any countertop. Plus it is slim and light (4.6 lbs) making it perfect for small studios kitchenettes RVs and camping trips.
- EASY TO CLEAN – Cleaning the crystallite glass and the metal housing is fast and simple—it won't even take you more than a minute. Simply wipe the cooktop with a clean damp cloth and it would look fresh again.
- Can Be Used for Cooking Outdoors or in the Office
- Features a Temperature Regulating Knob with Heat Distribution Coils
- Power Indicator Light. Non-slip rubber feet prevents product from sliding
- Slim Space Saving Design
- This item shouldn’t be use for more than 60 minutes in a 2-hour period as indicated in the manual
- Clarkson Potter
- Weinstein, Bruce (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 512 Pages - 02/17/2015 (Publication Date) - Clarkson Potter (Publisher)
- Oscillating heads scrubs 60 times per second, so you don’t have to
- Interchangeable accessory brushes give you the right tool for the job
- Water resistant assembly for durability you expect from Rubbermaid
- Pulse and continuous scrubbing settings
- Ergonomic grip and rubberized molding for comfortable cleaning
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Elless, Em (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 110 Pages - 10/18/2018 (Publication Date) - MUFN Books (Publisher)
- 5.3 Cu. Ft Self Cleaning Oven
- 5 Elements / 6 in. - 12 in. / 100 - 3000 Watts
- Even Baking Technology / Keep Warm Zone
- Dimensions (WHD): 30 X 47.8 X 28.4 in.
How to Choose Best Electric Stoves?
If this is also your problem, on this page, you will find a guide that will lead you to step by step to discover the features and peculiarities of an electric stove, to provide you with all the information you need to choose for the best.
Where Do You Want to Place It?
The substantial difference between the models of stoves made by the best brands is their best power supply, which can be combustion (gas or oil) or electric.
The latter category is the one we will focus on this page, given that these are simpler-functioning appliances that can be placed anywhere without the limitations associated with gas or other fuel models that require higher maintenance and an environment.
With at least one window, essential for air from time to time. By focusing on electric heaters, keep in mind that you will find that they work by convection or radiation.
The former emits heat thanks to electrical resistance and, on average, have a higher power, up to a maximum of 2,000 watts.
Radiation appliances, on the other hand, heat the room thanks to the action of infrared rays and, in general, have lower power.
In the first category, we can place the fan heaters, in the second the halogen stoves. By consulting technical data sheets and reviews, you will easily find out if a model belongs to one or the other categories and comparing the prices you will also know which one is closest to the spending budget you have allocated.
The Space Available
At the top of the list of aspects to consider when choosing which stove to buy, in addition to the price, there is an evaluation of where to place it. The size of a room, in fact, considerably affects the size of the appliance to be installed as well as its power.
If the environment is significant, therefore, it would be preferable to opt for a fixed model, with a power greater than 1,500 watts and able to obtain the desired temperature in a short time and perhaps, thanks to a sensor, keep it constant, to avoid unnecessary waste of energy.
If the room is small, as, in the bathroom, you could instead consider buying a portable model, to be switched on for a limited period, such as the time needed to take a shower and find a gentle warmth when you have to dry yourself.
Regardless of the model chosen, keep in mind that stoves tend to be quite demanding in terms of energy demand, therefore directed towards an “intelligent” appliance that allows you to avoid waste. Among the products on sale on the market, we recommend you focus on one with a thermostat.
This function, in fact, allows you to decide the temperature you want in the room and the stove, in particular, if the thermostat is integrated into the ignition switch, will manage itself when the set heat has been reached. Appliances that do not have them, however, continue to emit hot air until you worry about turning them off.
One last consideration, which applies in particular to portable models. If you decide to place them in the bathroom or in an environment where they could come into contact with water.
It is better to opt for a product made following the dictates of the IP standard, that is, the one that indicates the level of protection against splashes or contact with liquids.
Energy Savings of 35%
The particular Eco Ceramic technology, on which this thermo-ventilated electric stove is based, exploits large ceramic surfaces that act as heat exchangers and, in this way, significantly increase the thermal performance of the heating elements.
Consequently, heating takes place more quickly and efficiently, cutting energy consumption by 35% compared to a standard best propane heater; according to laboratory tests, in fact.
The air conveyed by the Imetec fan heater at a distance of 50 centimeters reaches the temperature of 40 ° C with a consumption of only 1,200 watts, compared to the 2,000 watts required by a traditional technology fan heater.
It also has three levels of temperature regulation, which allow it to also emit fresh air so that it can also be used in summer, and the efficient antifreeze function, which allows the stove to switch on automatically as soon as the room temperature sensor drops below 5 ° C.
Effective All Year Round
As previously stated, the thermo-ventilated Imetec Eco Ceramic stove offers three different adjustment levels.
At maximum power, the resistors have absorption of 2,000 Watts, the intermediate value ECO, on the other hand, has an intake of 1,200. In comparison, at level 1, the absorption is only 25 Watts since the resistors remain off, and only the fan is running, therefore emitting fresh air.
This allows it to be used without problems all year round, both in the cold season and during the summer months; moreover, its efficiency makes it ideal not only for small rooms but also offers excellent performance in large ones, with surfaces reaching 60-65 square meters.
Beautiful and Functional
The Imetec ventilated stove also stands out for its attractive design, which goes well with any type of furniture; aesthetically, in fact, it is very refined and elegant, in black and white, with the control knob placed in the front position to be able to access it with all comfort.
It is also equipped with an oscillating device, so once positioned there will be no need to move it every time to direct the heat emitted.
Further features that make this stove extremely functional are also the double thermostat, environmental and safety, and a dust filter that offers the advantage of dual protection, both for the internal mechanisms of the stove and for the quality of the air emitted from the fan.