Welcome to our article dedicated to a moisturizing cream. As you know, the skin is our business card, and for this, we must keep it healthy and hydrated. But it is not just an aesthetic question, but a real necessity.
It is our most considerable part of the body and, consequently, also the most exposed. That’s why it is essential to take care of it meticulously and most suitably.
One of the products that help us most to keep our skin at its best is the moisturizer. This cosmetic product is essential on the shelf of any bathroom, whether to be used on the face, but also in other areas such as the legs, hands, or arms.
Here we had listed out some of the best quality face moisturizers that are present below.
- 1.7-fluid ounce jar of Neutrogena Hydro Boost hydrating water-gel face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid to hydrate dry skin
- The gel moisturizer formula provides hydration to skin, leaving it looking smooth and supple day after day
- Salon-tested, this dandruff treatment shampoo is specially formulated to be gentle and is safe enough to be used on color-treated, chemically processed and gray hair
- Daily face moisturizer features a non-comedogenic formula that is oil-free, dye-free, and is from a dermatologist-recommended brand
- Unique face moisturizer absorbs quickly like a gel, so you can wear it under makeup, but provides long-last and intense moisturizing power of a cream
- [ HYALURONIC ACID MOISTURIZER ] With hyaluronic acid, ceramides and MVE technology for 24 hour hydration. Rich, velvety texture that leaves skin feeling smooth, it is absorbed quickly for softened skin without greasy, sticky, feel.
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DRY SKIN RELIEF ] A deficiency of ceramides in skin can often be associated with dry skin, which can feel itchy and look flaky. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream was shown to increase the skin's level of ceramides after 4 weeks.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- [ GENTLE DAILY MOISTURIZER ] For face and body or can be used as a hand cream for dry skin relief. Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, paraben free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic.
- [ BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 ] A micro-fine zinc oxide sunscreen for UVA/UVB protection. This CeraVe moisturizer with SPF is a hydrating facial lotion that spreads easily, is absorbed quickly, and leaves a non-greasy finish
- [ OIL FREE DAY CREAM ] Use this daily face sunscreen as the last step in a morning skincare routine. If layering with an eye cream, moisturizer or facial serum, apply Cerave AM facial lotion after other product applications have been fully absorbed
- [ SUNSCREEN WITH NIACINAMIDE ] Contains Hyaluronic Acid to retain skin's moisture and Niacinamide to help calm skin. MVE Technology delivers hydration throughout the day
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Recommended for daily use by the Skin Cancer Foundation. Fragrance free, oil free, non-comedogenic, paraben-free. Suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, and acne-prone skin
- Face moisturizer for sensitive skin
- Formulated with Glycerin, La Roche Posay Prebiotic thermal water and essential ceramides
- Paraben free, fragrance free
- 1 7-ounce jar of Neutrogena Triple Age Repair Face Moisturizer with SPF 25 Sunscreen deeply moisturizes and targets three common skin issues that age you the most—wrinkles, uneven tone and firmness
- Our anti-aging daily moisturizer is clinically proven to help smooth the look of wrinkles, even skin tone, and visibly firm skin for a difference you can see in just as little as 4 weeks, revealing smoother and younger-looking skin
- The anti-wrinkle formula contains powerful Hexinol technology to help boost skin's ability to improve its appearance and vitamin C to help gently fade the look of dark spots while evening out skin tone to help fight the signs of skin aging
- This anti-aging face & neck cream with sunscreen helps protect skin from sun damage, and is formulated with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 25 sunscreen to help prevent the signs of premature skin aging caused by the sun
- Suitable for a daily skincare routine, it turns at-home hydration of dry skin into a self-care experience For best results, apply the daily facial moisturizer every morning after cleansing At Neutrogena, We're Not Anti-Aging, We're Anti-Wrinkles
- Gentle formula is hypoallergenic, non comedogenic, fragrance free, oil free and alcohol free
- Specially formulated for sensitive skin, this moisturizer is both lightweight, oil free and ultra gentle
- Apply all over your face and neck; Can be used morning and night, alone or under makeup
- 1.7-ounce jar of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Daily gel-cream face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid quenches extra-dry skin
- The moisturizing gel formula provides rapid hydration to skin, leaving it looking smooth and supple by restoring skin's natural barrier against moisture loss
- Hyaluronic acid, a hydrator found naturally in the skin, attracts moisture and locks it in
- Daily hydrating face moisturizer features a non-comedogenic formula that is oil-free, dye-free, and fragrance-free and is from a dermatologist-recommended brand
- The rich face lotion relieves intense dryness by providing long-lasting moisturizing power This hyaluronic acid moisturizer is the perfect addition to your at-home hydrating self-care routine
- Absorbs quickly for immediate and intense hydration
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid and strong humectants, provides daily hydration to skin
- Great for use under makeup
- Non comedogenic, fragrance free
- Dermatologist tested (Packaging may vary)
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Facial Moisturizer clinically proven to reveal naturally radiant looking skin in 1 week
- Daily face moisturizer is oil-free and powered by Total Soy Complex, which helps to even skin tone and texture, fight early signs of skin aging, and improve the appearance of skin dullness and dark spots to leave skin glowing
- Formula is oil-free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores as it hydrates skin. The tone-evening moisturizer is also non-greasy and wearable under makeup
- Formula contains an oxybenzone-free Broad Spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen to help protect skin from further sun damage from harmful UVA/UVB rays & harnesses unique natural light diffusers that reflect light to visibly and naturally smooth imperfections
- The Positively Radiant collection of skincare products is designed to enhance your natural radiance and give you a lit-from-within glow. Each Total Soy Complex enriched product targets even tone and texture
- Day and night face moisturizer: provides skin with a daily dose of intense hydration that helps to fill in the appearance of lines and wrinkles and helps restore moisture for smoother, plumper skin
- This lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer delivers hydration and moisture to all skin types, including sensitive skin and absorbs quickly without leaving a sticky film, for smoother, nourished, younger-looking skin
- Proven results: Overnight, skin is nourished with moisture; In 1 week of using this face moisturizer skin feels smoother and in 4 weeks of use, wrinkles appear more filled in
- Replenish skin with Collagen: Gift your skin a daily dose of hydration from L'Oreal Paris anti-aging skin care, whether face lotion, night eye creams, or moisturizers with SPF, they provide your skin essential moisture to keep skin healthy
- Kickstart your routine; First cleanse with Revitalift Derm Intensives 3.5 percent Pure Glycolic Acid Gel Facial Cleanser, treat under eye with Eye Defense Eye Cream and hydrate day and night with Collagen Moisture Filler Moisturizer
- Specifically formulated to be light and silky smooth
- Improves skins ability to retain vital moisture
- Broad spectrum SPF 15 gives you moderate protection against damaging UVA/UVB rays that can be responsible for premature lines and wrinkles
- Non greasy formula that won't clog pores
- Cetaphil is manufactured by Galderma Laboratories, a major benefactor of the Dermatology Foundation, helping to fund critical dermatology research
- HYDRATING: Hyaluronic acid in may help to hydrate and moisturize your skin providing long-lasting effect, leaving skin rejuvenated and supple.
- WRINKLE-CARE: Anti wrinkle and moisturizing effect, long-lasting moisture. With natural ingredients that provide a long-lasting moisturizing effect to the skin around the eyes. You will notice your skin refreshed and hydrated from the very first application.
- PUFFY EYES TREATMENT: eye gel mask formula is perfectly developed to reduce puffiness and eliminate dark circles.
Things to Consider Before Buying Face Moisturizers
Moisturizing cream is a product well known and used by women. However, the vast choice and the many possibilities that we find on the market could confuse our ideas about which is the best for us.
What Exactly Is Moisturizer?
The moisturizer is a cosmetic product designed to combat dry skin and help protect it from the signs of aging.
It has the function of nourishing the cells of the epidermis, feeding them with lipids and water. This allows us to maintain a softer, brighter, toned, and elastic skin.
Since the various parts of the body have different characteristics, and since there are different types of skin.
The cosmetic and dermatological industry has created specific products for the hydration of each, adapting the composition and texture according to the different needs.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Moisturizers?
The use of a moisturizer offers numerous benefits to our skin since its primary function is to keep it hydrated and healthy.
However, this is not the only advantage that we can derive from the constant use of this product, and we must also know its disadvantages. That’s why below, we summarize all the pros and cons of these creams.
- They nourish and hydrate
- They help keep skin soft
- They restore the protective film of the epidermis
- They help regenerate skin cells
- They nourish the skin
- They prevent and fight some of the signs of aging
- They can leave a greasy feeling
- They may contain some allergens
- Some do not contain sunscreen
Many wait for the moment when they begin to feel the skin pulling due to dryness to start applying a moisturizer, and as soon as the skin appears more nourished, soft, and shiny, they stop using it again.
This is however, a mistake. This product should always be used, continuously, and made an integral part of our beauty routine.
Also, the idea is to apply it twice a day. The first time in the morning, to hydrate the skin and protect it from external agents that could damage it during the day, and then again in the evening, to facilitate the cellular regeneration process that occurs while we sleep.
Where Can I Apply the Moisturizer?
It is essential to keep the entire skin surface hydrated, from the forehead to the toes. That’s why the moisturizer can be applied to any area of the body.
You will have to be very careful, however, because each area of the epidermis has different characteristics and needs.
Among the facial creams, although there are some for general use, we also find specific ones for certain areas such as, for example, the eye area, wrinkles on the forehead or lips.
For the rest of the body, however, you can use a generic moisturizer, which simply allows you to keep your skin shiny and soft.
What Is Causing the Dehydration of The Skin?
The surface of the skin is protected by a hydrolipidic film formed by water and fats (sebum). This waterproof barrier is a defense against aggression from external factors and helps prevent water loss.
However, when the various components are not balanced, the skin begins to dry out, wrinkle, or flake.
This imbalance can be caused by external factors that favor the evaporation of water, such as excessive heat, the sun, or air conditioning, but also tobacco and alcohol, two substances that are harmful to the skin.
Also, it is good to know that, over time, the sebaceous glands are less active, and part of the ability to retain water in the epidermis is lost.
What Are the Essential Ingredients in A Moisturizer?
There are six essential components for a moisturizer to work correctly. Also, knowing the function of each one will be useful when choosing a quality product.
That’s why we will present below the characteristics of these six indispensable ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid: it is a compound that helps to preserve the water molecules of the skin, improving the level of hydration. Also, it promotes collagen creation and rejuvenates.
- Retinol: is a substance derived from vitamin A, whose efficacy to fight the signs of aging has been clinically proven since it helps cell renewal. The creams must contain this ingredient are used in the evening.
- Antioxidants: the main benefit of this element is that it neutralizes the damage caused by free radicals to the epidermis. It should be applied to spotless skin.
- Glycolic acid: it is an alpha-hydroxy acid derived from sugar cane. Prevents dead cells from accumulating on the skin thanks to its high exfoliating power. It helps to make the skin smooth, close the pores, and eliminate imperfections. Also, it gives brightness.
- Peptides: they are fragments of proteins that are used to increase the level of collagen, the main component of the skin and bones, and to make the skin more toned and soft.
- FPS: the sun protection factor is essential to protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays. Sunlight is the primary source of ultraviolet radiation and the main risk factor for most skin cancers.
In addition to all the information you read in this article, there are also five aspects that you should not underestimate when deciding to buy a moisturizer.
These criteria will help you choose the product that best suits your specific needs to keep your skin as cured and hydrated as possible.
- Skin type
- Application area
Knowing the characteristics of our skin is fundamental when choosing one over another. Each has a specific type of skin, and each class corresponds to a dedicated treatment.
This is why it is essential to choose a product that contains specific ingredients to bring the benefits we want and keep our skin hydrated,
It is essential to decide on which area of the body we are going to apply the cream. For example, the skin on the face is more delicate and needs different care than that of the arms and legs.
Furthermore, being a less extensive area, we will focus on smaller packages. If what we want is to have soft hands, we will buy a specific cream that will not leave them “greasy.”
The ingredients from which it is made are one of the first criteria to check before buying a moisturizer. This, moreover, is strictly connected to the type of skin you have.
Since the result will depend on the formulation, and you will, therefore, have to choose one that suits you. This aspect is equally fundamental to define the quality level of a product.
The cream must contain hyaluronic acid for its ability to retain water, bringing tone, hydration and softness to the skin, and also a good sun protection factor.
Equally essential is to take into account any allergies to avoid any type of reaction that could be caused by certain ingredients.
Some people don’t use the cream because they can’t stand the greasy feeling it leaves on the skin.
But nowadays, with the variety that exists on the market, we can find different textures, denser, more fluid, or even liquid.
So there are no more excuses. Look for the texture that best suits your preferences and keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
Rapid absorption products are the most comfortable because, in general, they do not leave the skin greasy.
However, it must be remembered that the denser creams are more moisturizing because they contain more nutrients, but they could leave a more unpleasant sensation.
Therefore, evaluate the consistency very well, because if you don’t like it, you will probably not continue to use the product.