Hair scissors are one of the most important tools in making hairdressers. Available in different materials and models, they must be chosen based on the technique to be used, and the way professionals work.
Choose the best types of hairdresser/barber scissors not only will facilitate the task of cutting or unthreading the hair, but you can get any fashion cut, at the expense of the difficulties to achieve it.
Do you know that the blades of your hairdressing scissors are as important as the finger grip? When it comes to shaping and cutting your hair, a good position on your fingers and an ergonomic grip will save future nerve problems in your hand.
In this article, I will show you the ten best hairdressing scissors, not only those for professional cutting but also those created by hand with very sharp Japanese blades.
- [Patented Design] Our raving reviews speak for themselves. Customers love our haircutting shears. This specialized high quality Japanese stainless steel Hair Cutting scissor is tempered with precise blades and hand-sharpened cutting edges.
- Ergonomic - Our Professional Razor Edge Hair Cutting Scissor is great for salon workers, barbers, and personal usage as well.
- Versatile - With a length of 6.5 inches, this Hair Cutting Scissor is safe and easy to use on men, women, the elderly, children, and babies.
- Convenience - At a weight of only 4.8 ounces anybody can handle this pair of shears with ease. Equipped with an adjustment screw, you can effortlessly fine-tune this scissor to your desire of tension.
- Note - Our scissors come vacuum-packed in plastic casing and are coated with lubricating oil. Before first use, wash with gentle soap and lukewarm water then dry with soft cloth.
- Double the Cutting Possibilities - Two pairs of haircutting shears: one with straight blades and one with textured blades. You can give yourself a professional cut at home with this trimmers and cutters. Save money from going to salon.
- Regular Hair Cutting Scissors - This specialized high quality stainless steel Hair Cutting scissor is tempered with precise blades and hand-sharpened cutting edges to evenly trim hair with ease. Ideal for removing length, trimming and cutting layers.
- Thinning Scissors - Blades are convex hollow ground for improved razor edge retention; thinning contains teeth on one blade and a smooth razor edge on second.Ideal for layering and adding texture to hairstyles.
- Ergonomic Grip - It is a new design with blue adjustment tension to make it easier and more comfortable when you are cutting hair.
- Please note that the scissors are NOT waterproof. Please don't use it with water. Package Included: 1 x Regular hair scissors; 1 x thinning scissor; 1x cleaning cloth; 1 x grooming comb; 2 x hairpins; 1 x free case.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL - Made of 100% Japanese stainless steel hair cutting scissor with extremely sharp blades for clean cut, evenly trim hair with ease, will not damage or split hair ends
- HIGH END EXTERIOR - Smooth cuts and mirror polish finish, Luxurious blue diamond stones in the two-leaf intersection and mirror polish finish(Please note that this is a right-handed scissors)
- OFF SET GRIP - Thumb handle is shorter than finger handle, reduces over extension of thumb and wrist motion, relaxes your elbow and wrist. This type of handle has the best ergonomics and the most practical. Perfect for salon workers, barbers, and home use
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL - The scissors measure 6.5 inch with cutting blades that measure 2.5 inch, the professional barber hair cutting scissor is safe and easy to use on men, women, the elderly, children, and babies
- WHAT YOU GET - Cutting scissors, finger inserts, 12-month warranty for quality-related issues, 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason and friendly customer service
- 6.5 Inches Professional hair cutting scissor for both salon and home use.
- Made of high grade Japanese stainless steel, sharp blades, long service life.
- Adjustable screw for proper tension and comfortable use.
- Can be use on men, women, the elderly, children, and babies.
- A hair comb is included as a bonus gift.
- Tailor-made professional high-end hairdressing scissors for you - Japan imported 420c top steel, 100% handmade. Pursue excellence, Focus on hairdressing scissors，focus on quality, and focus on every customer.
- Ergonomic design - comfortable curved handle: the cutting process is more labor-saving, allowing each finger to work independently, more free to play the role of the finger, long-term use is not tired.
- Excellent sharp cutting: The sharp blade can cut off the hair in an instant. The high hardness of the scissors is suitable for all dry and wet hair. The blade is hand-crafted through multiple processes, and the blade line can be clearly seen. Precision fine-tuning bearings, demanding precision requirements: the adjuster uses precision fine-tuning bearings, the scissors have better stability, smooth opening and closing, and reduce friction. The VG10 top steel regulator is wear and corrosion resis
- Quality Assurance: All scissors are Japanese 420c premium steel, hand-polished forging, we promise to make high-end hairdressing scissors. Our steel hardness is up to 62HRC, and the wear resistance is good, so that the scissors can still be used for decades under high-intensity work.
- Sales Guarantee: We always provide you with the best products and the best service, we will provide you with a lifetime warranty. If you have any questions, you can contact us at the first time, and the engineer will respond to your problem as soon as possible. If you purchase our products, there is no reason to refund within 30 days. The best offer today!
- Professional Shears: Tecto's black hair scissors professional have an ergonomic comfortable grip design that requires less thumb motion to open & close the scissors, Easy to use professional hair scissors that relaxes your wrist & elbow, allows for greater hair cutting leverage
- Superior Quality: Brings you high quality stainless steel hair trimming scissors tempered with precise sharp blades, long service life scissors for hair cutting that provides optimum control & balance with less force, easy to use, makes your hair cutting fast & safe
- Sharp Razor Shears: Our hair shears feature extra super-sharp blades that can trim hairs gently, its predominant edges will never bolt up or getting dull. Great hair cutting scissors for women and salon workers, built with convex edge blades that provides complete hassle-free haircutting
- Versatile: Having a length of 6.6 inches the professional hair cutting scissors results great haircut even in the hands of a beginner, reliable hair cutting shears professional for adults & toddlers, reduces messy hair clutters as no hair gets caught in between its blades & creates compliment-sparking point-cuts
- Confident Purchase: Efficient barber shears professional that will help you to achieve desired results, Finished with a sleek black coating, Quality construction for a clean-cut. A haircutting shears that offer more control & flexibility than clippers, distinctive easy grip handle specially made for Professionals, Barbers as well as personal use
- UPGRADE PROFESSIONAL COATING AND LATEST DESIGN: The hair cutting scissors are made with an upgrade modern and soft inner rubber rings design and manufactured using premium quality 420 stainless steel which attributes to its glossy and shiny surface. Its professional coating prevents the steel from rust.
- HIGH-END DESIGN: Our barber scissorsShock absorber at the end of the handle can effectively reduce wear and noise caused by handle collision. The adjustment of the hair shears screw allows you to easily tighten or loosen the shears as your wish.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: This hairdressing scissors for your families and friends. the professional hair thinning scissor safer and easier perfect for slicing wet or dry hair. Grade barber scissors are ideal for texturize hair for stylish looks
- PROFESSIONAL BARBERS: Our hairdressing scissors kit is great for the beginner , It is easily and conveniently achieve the perfect look. DIY haircuts that suitable for children, adults, women, and men. A great gift of beauty products for any occasion
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: We are confident that our hair cutting scissors are designed and made under strict quality standards to offer the best hair cutting shears and experience. If you are unsatisfied in any way with this product, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be online 24 hours a day.
- ✂[ Premium Stainless-Steel with durability ] The Hair Cutting Scissors kit are made of high-quality stainless steel, durable and sharp, can suring a perfect cutting every time, and avoiding damage or split hair ends.
- ✂[ Excellent Design] The hair scissors have distinctive easy grip handle and wide application for different groups of people. 28 V-sharped Teeth of thinning shears can reach 30% thinning rate. Every hair scissors kit equipped with an adjustment screw, which can adjust the tightness of the scissors.
- ✂[ Perfect Hair Cutting Tools ] The DigHealth hair scissors kit is the perfect choice for salons, barbers, hairdressers as well as for home use.The haircut tools contained in the Pu bag combine classic and modern haircut techniques, which that everyone wants to have.
- ✂[ Easy to Use ]: Complete set of hair scissors kit, scissors are fully functional. We are equipped with a special Pu bag to store and protect the scissors, easy to carry, provide the most comfortable help for your haircut.
- ✂[ What You Get ] Our hair scissors combine kit 12pcs included: 1 x Straight Hair Cutting scissor, 1 x Hair Thinning Scissor, 1 x Adjustment Screw, 1 x Hair Razor Comb, 2 x Dressing Hair Comb, 1 x Barber Cape, 1 x Hair Sweep Brush, 2 x Hair Clips, 1 x Cleaning Cloth, 1 x Pu bag.
- ✄Premium Material Scissors：●CIICII Hair scissors are made of Titanium Black Plated 440C Japan Stainless Steel, All steel manufacturing - Lasting quality & Comfortable touch; ●This hair cutting shears is hand-polished, the blade line is even and smooth to make the scissors sharp.
- ✄Simple Style & Ergonomic Design: ❶Offset grip design - Very ergonomic & reduces fatigue ❷27 Teeth thinning scissors design - Sharp and no hair caught between the blades (Thinning rate of 25-28%) ❸High rebound muffler design - Reduce the metallic noise and friction of scissors ❹Adjustable screw design - Adjust the tightness of the scissors according to personal feeling.
- ✄Multipurpose Cutting Scissors: With a length of 6.7 inches, CIICII Professional Cutting Shears is suitable for trimming shaping grooming thinning the hair, large beard or synthetic wig; And can use the cutting scissors in Home Salon Barber, even for your pets like dogs, cats.
- ✄Great Gift for DIY Haircuts: CIICII Hair Scissors come with the gift Leather bag, It will be great as a gift for your family or friends; The hair cutting scissor and thinning scissor will meet what you need (Beautiful shape, Changing by your heart), CIICII Professional Hair Scissors are safe and simple to use for men women kids/children elderly pets.
- ✄WHAT You Can Get: 1 × Hair Cutting Shear, 1 × Hair Thinning Scissor, 1 × Hair Cutter Comb, 2 × Hair Clips, 1 × Gift Leather Bag, 1 × Cleaning Cloth, 1 × Scissors Adjuster, 365-DAYS Warranty for quality-related issues, If you have any problems with CIICII personal hairdressing kit, our professional customer service team will handle your issues and help you in 12 hours.
- PREMIUM QUALITY – These professional hair cutting scissors are premium quality, made from 100% percent highly durable stainless steel.
- EFFICIENT AND SMOOTH CUTTING – 6.5 inches in size, you can work efficiently with these scissors, providing a smooth and clean cut.
- NON-SLIP HANDLES – These shears have non-slip handles ensuring a comfortable grip and can fit easily in your fingers.
- LIGHTWEIGHT – With such a light-weight, anybody can handle these hair cutting scissors with ease as they offer optimum control and balance.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN – Our hair cutting scissors are perfect for salon workers, barbers, and home usage. It has a distinctive ergonomic design with removable inserts and sharp blades.
Choosing the Best Hair Cutting Scissors Buying Guide
Why Buy Professional Hairdressing Scissors
Indispensable for cutting and to adjust the hair, the most used professional hair scissors are those in steel, titanium or carbon, generally recognized as those most suitable for hairdressers, but the best seem to be those in steel forged in Japan where they are worked with a special filling.
Among the most popular ones, however, there are also those from Pakistan and Germany, highly appreciated and widely used. Present in various sizes, the hair scissors also have a different type of handle and must reflect the conformation of the hairdresser’s hand.
In the eyes of the less experienced, a pair of cutting scissors does not differ much from the others.
And if this is true, even less trained people can say for sure when a scissors are longer or shorter, or if for example, you are using a hair thinning scissors or a cutting scissors, the problem is that it is limited to this very generalized conception.
In any case, both professionals and hairdressers know that when it comes to scissors, different factors count and that each scissors has differences from the other.
But even so, you could say which scissor is best for a given task from your training or experience, but were you aware of the components of a scissor, and which ones make the difference when it comes to cutting performance and quality? Do you know what makes cutting scissors work differently, and what doesn’t?
In this section, we clarify how hair scissors work, how to differentiate them and how to choose the best one based on the type of work you will do.
If you are not a professional but you are passionate, do not be intimidated, because you will find answers to both beginner and more advanced questions, so feel free to read if you want to know more about hairdressing scissors.
Size of Hair Scissors
Most scissors manufacturers allow a choice of multiple sizes on which they develop their professional cutting scissors models.
But how much are the cutting performance affected by the length of the scissors? Is it preferable to choose a scissor that is longer or shorter, and how does the choice change based on the cut to be made?
If you start your career as a hairdresser or barber by attending a school or academy, one of the first things that your instructor/teacher will do is find a pair of scissors suitable and suitable for your person.
There is no one size of universal cutting scissors that is suitable for everyone. The right size of the scissors is actually related to the user’s hand; therefore, each has its own optimal size to refer to.
The scissors must fit comfortably in your hand, so if you have large enough hands, they will need scissors with a larger size.
If the scissors are too small compared to the hands, the radius of action of the fingers will be much more limited, as the hand will be constrained by the space available.
On the other hand, the use of too large scissors prevents the cutting movement, as the fingers will enter the rings of the scissors so wide that the cut is risky and incorrect overall.
Most teachers of academies for hairdressers urge their students, except in exceptional cases, to start with smaller cutting scissors and move on to a larger one, gaining experience and making progress in their studies.
On average, most people start cutting their hair with scissors ranging from a minimum of 4.5 ″ to a maximum of 5.5 ″. The exception is for people with larger hands, who will start directly with a pair of 6.5 ” scissors.
To know which is the right size of scissors for your needs, place a pair of scissors on the palm of your hand so that the hole in your finger touches the base of your thumb. The tip of the blade should reach the middle finger, touching its last section, if it touches it means that you have found the ideal size for your hairdressing scissors.
Type of Cutting Scissors
There are many types of scissors to cut hair, which are used by many professionals from all over the world. Depending on the area of the world, there are also different uses and costumes in the hairstyle, but most hairdressers usually use either straight scissors or thinning shears.
Scissors are not only a work tool; they are a fundamental component of his creativity. For this reason, the choice of scissors to be used is of great importance and should be made with careful consideration of your needs, in addition to those of your customers.
And since every hairstylist not only uses a model of scissors but an entire set for each type of cut, you have to choose the best scissors on the market.
These are the standard cutting scissors, most used and common in the world of hair cutting. If the straight scissors most of the time in your salon, then you should definitely have two straight scissors, one smaller in size and one larger.
Small Straight Scissor
The choice of a smaller straight scissor is recommended when you have to cut the front and top of the hair, that is above the fingers. The smaller and smaller blades cause less damage, and there is less risk of injury when cutting. The smaller straight scissor is also more suitable for hanging on the back of the neck and cleaning around the ears, which can be treated in greater detail.
Large Straight Scissor
The largest straight scissor is most suitable when you lift the hair over a comb to cut it, using the comb on scissor technique, since during the execution of the cut it covers a larger surface, and will finally be more efficient. The largest scissors are ideal for cutting very damp and wet or thick hair, as being more bulky, it can lift more substantial strands of hair.
Hair Removal Scissors / Toothed Scissors
The toothed scissors are used to cut most of the thick or very double hair; therefore it will change the texture of the hair, removing the bulky and excessive masses. It is an essential barber scissors, as it is perfect and congenial for modern men’s hairstyles. You should have at least two types of scissors for thinning or thinning hair, one with 28 teeth which is ideal for those who have a really consistent hair texture and in order to obtain the desire at the beginning of the cut.
A fraying scissors that has between 38 and 44 teeth is the maximum you want to refine, blend and give a touch of thickness and volume to thin and fine hair.
Types of Scissor Handles
There are three main types of handles in hairdressing scissors. A hairdresser usually chooses scissors according to how he “feels” them in his hand, in relation to his morphology and the type of cut he is going to make.
The “Offset” handle ensures a more open hand position. The thumb grip reduces the excessive extension of the finger itself. This allows you to cut with an open hand position and feel less tension in the tendon of the forearm.
Semi Off-Set Handle
Semi-offset or semi-asymmetrical. It allows to maintain, during the cut, a lower position of the elbow. Every good set of hairdressing scissors must contain at least one model for each handle. Hair-cloud scissors are designed and built for this purpose: to meet the needs of all hairstylists! And this is because all the Hair-cloud models were created by watching the hair professionals work.
Types of Blades in Cutting Scissors
All hairdressing scissors are made up of 2 blades that rotate around a pin thanks to the action performed by those who hold them. Now everyone thinks the best cut depends on the sharpening of the blades. However, this is only partially true: the effectiveness of the cut is, in fact, mainly determined by the way the blades come into contact, rather than how sharp they are. And the quality of the contact of the blades depends on the material from which the scissors are made: the best ones are made of high quality tempered steel! All Hair-cloud scissors have a Japanese steel heart, and some even have a ceramic cover to give the instrument greater hardness
A good set of scissors includes specific models for left-handed people. Not everyone knows that the scissors commonly used by hairdressers are designed for those who hold them with the right hand. In fact, the instrument is not perfectly symmetrical and therefore, can be used indifferently by the left and right-handed people. Other times it happens that manufacturers only change the handle but not the blades, which when turned 180 ° obscure the view of the cut with the lower blade. To overcome these drawbacks, there are left-handed scissors, which have inverted blades. Hair-cloud, in its set, has two models that can be used comfortably even by left-handers.
The perfect scissors are the ones you feel comfortable with as if they were an extension of your hand! Not all of us have the same needs. Some hairdressers prefer short scissors, other long scissors, it depends a lot on the type of cut being made. Professional hairdressers use different scissors based on the kind of work they are performing. For this reason, a good set of scissors must include models with blades of various lengths (from 5.0 “, 5.5”, 6.0 “and 6.5” inches approximately) and type. The others, however, have medium-length blades and are suitable for any type of cut: defined, to thin out the mass or to give free rein to creativity!
Scissors of this type are also called “Japanese” because they originate from the Japanese island nation. Usually, they are blades that give the extreme sharpness to the scissors. Many hairdressers agree in certifying that these are the sharpest scissors present because they integrate a razor wire in them. The convex blade scissors are a truly all-round type of blade, universal and usable for almost all cutting techniques, but particularly useful for unravelling and cutting large quantities of hair thanks to their very sharp edge.
They are scissors suitable for professionals or hairdressers so that in their hands they can produce large haircuts. The indisputable advantages of using a convex blade scissors are to generate a truly regular cutting action, so you can cut a lot of hair quickly and with greater accuracy.
Compared to other models, being made of stainless steel, the scissors with convex blades are more expensive and heavier than the others. The price is also related to the difficulty of finding and producing this type of scissors, in addition to the fact that they need professional sharpening from time to time.
The scissors with bevelled blades are usually composed of metal alloys, with materials used by the manufacturers that are tendentiously light; therefore, we have a lower weight than the scissors with convex blades. In most cases, these cutting scissors implement micro-serrations in one or both of the scissors’ blades. These indentations are created to prevent hair from slipping off the blade, and they are therefore, a hypothetical valid opportunity for those who approach the world of hairdressing and beginners. They are valid and versatile tools, even if they are very useful for finishing and cutting dry hair. Using them to cut thick and thick hair is difficult, and sometimes the hair can jam on the blade.