The products for the care of our hair are increasingly sophisticated thanks to research, and the hair serum is a practical example.
Our hair is one of the major concerns that we have on an aesthetic level, especially in summer, when hair is easily damaged in the heat, sun, and swimming in the sea or the pool. This product acts in several ways and improves hair in all respects.
A few years ago, the hair serum seemed not to be within everyone’s reach, but nowadays, it has become one of the must-haves in many women’s beauty routines. Hair serums have proven to be a beneficial revolution for the appearance of our hair.
Right here we had listed out the best hair growth serums that can be really useful for your hairs.
- 100% VEGAN Formula: Lanmeri Growth Hair Serum is powered by proprietary plant-based, cruelty-free formula and enhanced it with...
- Lightweight Growth Scalp Serum: Infused with a powerful blend of multiple amino acids and peptides to detox follicle buildup,...
- Fuller-looking Hair in 90 Days: Increase the appearance of hair density by up to 52%, reduce signs of shedding by up to 76% after...
- Scientifically Proven Ingredients: Mung bean has shown in clinical studies to help fortify the cellular matrix of the dermal...
- Unmatched Quality You Can Trust: Improve appearance of thin hair due by nourishing hair follicles and simulating growth and...
- Faster, Healthier & Stronger Hair Growth - Our vitamin-rich hair growth serum has been proven to stimulate hair growth at its root...
- Reduce Hair Loss & Restore Thinning Hair - This powerful remedy protects and nourishes hair to reduce further hair loss and...
- Gentle & Premium Natural Ingredients - Follicle-boosting natural botanical ingredients and vitamins are carefully curated to form...
- Nourishing Leave-In Conditioning - Revitalize dry, damaged and frizzy hair and improve hair elasticity by using this serum as a...
- Enjoy an effortless appliance: using and implementing our hair growth treatment in your daily routine is super easy! All you have...
- ACTIVATE VISIBLY THICKER HAIR: An extremely fast-absorbing and lightweight hair serum for women and men formulated with...
- NATURAL, VEGAN, & 100% DRUG-FREE: A clean formula that nourishes thinning hair and supports stronger-feeling, thicker-looking...
- REVOLUTIONARY PLANT EXOSOME TECHNOLOGY: By upcycling the seeds from the same Ashwagandha in hair growth Nutraceuticals, Nutrafol...
- CLINICALLY EFFECTIVE INGREDIENTS: Formulated with a patented complex of powerful phytoactives clinically shown to improve hair...
- THE #1 DERMATOLOGIST-RECOMMENDED HAIR GROWTH SUPPLEMENT BRAND.*: Grow with the brand trusted by leading dermatologists to improve...
- 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗮𝗶𝗿 𝗚𝗿𝗼𝘄𝘁𝗵 - This lightweight oil mixture nourishes your hair and...
- 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝘂𝗺 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗜𝗻𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 - Promotes hair growth in...
- 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗶𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘂𝗺 - Perfect for hot oil treatment and pre-poos. By using hair...
- 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗶𝗿 𝗧𝘆𝗽𝗲𝘀 - It’s easily absorbed and...
- 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗦𝗔 & 𝗦𝗮𝗳𝗲 - Free of Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens, Phthalates,...
- PROMOTES HAIR GROWTH: Our Cold Processed Stem Cell Serum contains a clinically proven active ingredient that harnesses the power...
- HYDRATES AND NOURISHES: We paired this with another clinically proven ingredient blend that contains bamboo and pea extract to...
- HELPS ITCHY SCALP: Soothing aloe vera provides immediate relief to an itchy scalp while healing for long-lasting results.
- YOUNGER LOOKING SKIN: The scalp ages 6 times faster than the skin. Key ingredients such as apple stem cell and french oak extract...
- USER PROVEN RESULTS: 91% said scalp feels nourished. 89% said scalp feels and looks healthier. 89% agrees hair health is improved.
- HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH - Plants extracts help visibly increase hair density up to 50%
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE - We left out all the bad stuff found in other products
- STRONGER ROOTS - Use it as an all-over scalp energizer
- PROVEN INGREDIENTS - Our original, vegan formula helps hair grow longer, stronger
- STRESS-BUSTING! - Massage serum into scalp and relax! 90-DAY, Money Back Guarantee!
- A Concentrated Serum for Hair that Looks Thicker Denser Fuller and Healthier
- EFFECTIVE - This EarthShine BIOTIN Hair Growth Serum Revitalizing Serum has been proven to promote hair growth by rejuvenating...
- RESTORE THINNING HAIR AND HEALTHY HAIR - Treat yourself to the BEST solution to achieve thicker, stronger, longer, softer, and...
- A PERFECT BLEND OF NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Our hair regrowth serum for women and men with its follicle-boosting natural biotin for...
- COMFORTABLE AND NON-GREASY - Treat your hair with active nutrients that keep them looking moisturized and healthy without looking...
- SUITABLE FOR ALL HAIR TYPES - EarthShine BIOTIN Hair Growth Oil Revitalizing Serum is designed for all hair types. If you have...
Buyer Guide to Choose Hair Growth Serum
Despite being one of the most popularly used hair beautifiers today, there are still many elements we don’t know about hair serum. For this, and to give you more reasons to start using this fabulous product, we answer the most frequently asked questions we usually ask ourselves before trying it.
What Is Hair Serum?
Hair serum is a cosmetic product explicitly designed to improve the health of our hair in various ways. Its highly concentrated formula and its consistency, usually liquid or light cream, quickly penetrates and gives perfect results. Let’s see some of the main advantages:
- Very concentrated formula with a large number of active ingredients.
- Gives shine to the hair.
- It has ideal moisturizing properties for dry hair.
- Repairs and protects even the most flawed and weak hair.
- It decreases frizz and tames curly hair.
- It can act on the toes, repairing them.
- It is straightforward to use.
As you can see from the list, the benefits of this type of product on hair are not few. For this reason, many experts recommend its use, especially in the periods of the year when the hair is usually more stressed, such as in the summer or during the change of seasons.
What Type of Hair Serums Are There?
Although, as we will see later, there are hair serums of various types (and with different objectives), we can speak of two main groups. This classification is based on the purpose for which the product is used. Let’s see it in more detail:
Serum for Aesthetic Purposes: that is, all those serums that aim to improve the appearance of the hair. These products are designed to reduce frizz, facilitate creasing, or tame too rebellious curls.
Serums to Nourish and Repair the Hair: although they also improve the external appearance, they are formulated to give new life to damaged hair, making it more durable and closing the ends.
After this first grouping, we find, within each group, many different types to choose from. It is not necessary to focus on one of them. Instead, many specialists recommend using several and combining them for better results.
How to Apply Hair Serum?
The first thing to consider when applying is that you have to do it after washing. One of the main objectives of this type of product is to protect the hair from pollution, therefore applying it to dirty hair would not make much sense. We explain how to use it, step by step:
- After washing your hair, remove excess moisture with a towel.
- With your hair still damp, pour a small amount of serum (depending on how dense it is and your length of hair, roughly between two and six drops) into the palm of your hand.
- Rub the two palms to mix the product well.
- Turn your head forward and apply the serum from the tips to the roots.
- Pay special attention to the tips, rubbing them.
- Pull up your head and apply two more drops on the scalp.
- Besides, you can use two more drops on the rest of the hair.
- Brush your hair from top to bottom and dry it thoroughly.
They are eight straightforward steps, but crucial for the appearance of your hair in a few seconds. And in addition to aesthetically, you will protect and nourish your hair also from the inside. These are general indications, and that following the manufacturer’s instructions for use is critical.
What Other Products Can Complement the Action of The Hair Serum?
In search of the best beauty routine, we found that, on most occasions, one of the critical steps is the combination of different products.
The same happens with the hair serum. Although your “heart” serum brings many benefits, it will still be better to integrate it with other products:
- Hair Oil: Ideal to give strength to the hair, especially during the changes of season, when the fall usually increases.
- Good Quality Shampoo: Obviously, the serum will be useless if we use an ineffective shampoo. Experts recommend using all hair products from the same brand so that they integrate better.
- Hair Mask: Depending on our needs (hydration, volume, or curly hair, for example), we must choose a mask that accentuates the effects of the serum.
The combination of these four products, chosen according to our hair type, will be the key to success. A trick to select our top 4 is to consult the experts, such as our trusted hairdresser. In this way, the effects of each product will lead us to a perfect result.
Any Advice to Make the Most of The Hair Serum?
Sure. As with any cosmetic product, in addition to paying attention to the way of us, there is some information that we can consider to make the most of our serum. Search for pen and paper and take notes!
- Serums work based on their quality, not quantity. Remember that a small amount of product will suffice.
- If you need hydration, it is best to use the serum on damp hair.
- If you are looking for shine and definition, then better apply it on dry hair.
- The spikes are usually the most damaged area. Insist on them for a perfect result.
It might sound silly, but if you keep these five tips in mind, the results and effects of the serum will be better and more visible.
Of course, and we will never tire of repeating it, the most important thing is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Otherwise, the use of the product may be counterproductive.
From What External Agents Does the Serum Protect the Hair?
The ones that most damage the hair are the following:
- Use of straighteners and hair dryers: the hair is not, in principle, prepared to cope with the high temperatures we impose on it with the use of these appliances.
- Dyes: another of the reasons why hair is getting damaged are dyes, bleaching and other chemical techniques that stress them.
- Contamination: yes, that’s right. Did you know that environmental pollution is another of the reasons why our hair is more sensitive?
- Solar radiation: although vitamin d is essential, especially in the summer, when we spend many hours in the sun, it is necessary to protect the hair from the sun’s rays.
The hair serum also protects them from all these external aggressions that are harmful and ruin them without almost realizing it. Little by little, we become more aware that protecting the hair is a daily task, with the right care and dedication.
Is It Possible to Use the Serum on Dry Hair?
This is a persistent question. Sometimes, if we don’t have time for the shampoo, we would like to use the serum on dry hair, but we avoid doing it because we think it can be harmful. Well, the application on damp hair brings more benefits, but it is not forbidden to use it on dry hair.
In this case, it is advisable to apply a smaller quantity than average and only on specific areas (tips or some locks) to avoid obtaining the opposite of the desired result. Remember that utilising the serum on dry hair will give brightness and definition to the crease.
It is not always easy to choose the product that is right for us, and that will meet all our needs. However, to try to get as close as possible to our ideal serum, we can take into account some aspects. Below, we tell you about the five purchase criteria that you need to evaluate:
- Hair type
- Serum Utility
Predictably, the first thing to consider when buying a hair serum is, of course, the kind of hair. We already know, thanks to shampoos and other products, how important it is to choose a formula suitable for our hair to obtain better results.
Although for most of the serums it is specified for which type of hair they are designed, it will not hurt to consult an expert hairdresser who checks the characteristics of our hair. You will also be able to recommend the most suitable type of serum for us.
To choose the right products, we need to know our hair needs thoroughly. In summary, this means knowing what we expect using a capillary serum. As we have seen previously, there are products to treat hair, to hydrate and to tame wayward curls.
If we understand what we are looking for, it will be much simpler to choose a product for our requirements, and therefore we will obtain the desired results. In this case, it is essential not to mix the various needs and buy a specific serum for each of them. Those who want too much, nothing tightens.
About the last aspect we talked about, the usefulness of the serum is another of the essential purchase criteria. Although many serums have the primary purpose of treating damaged hair, the damage may have been caused by various causes (dye, frizz, split ends, dryness, etc.).
The ideal is to look for a product for each specific need and then combine them to obtain a perfect result. Fortunately, we have very sophisticated serums created to particular aspects of hair care. We take advantage of this variety and do not settle for generic formulas.
To evaluate the parts of the various serums from which we will choose, we can believe in two different aspects. First, the parts conform to the purpose of the product. This means that, for example, if we are looking for a moisturizing serum, argan oil cannot be missing.
But, besides, we must also check that the composition of the chosen plasma does not include too many artificial or potentially toxic/harmful ingredients for the hair. Some of these are parabens or phthalates, which are responsible for many allergic reactions to the scalp.