Keeping a room under control, the garden around the house or the external courtyard of a company is a possible and not too expensive operation thanks to the hik vision DVR.
In this way, you will be sure to check the situation and possibly be able to intervene immediately in case there is something wrong. Multiple video surveillance DVRs are available on the market, suitable for areas and environments of all sizes.
Take a look at our guide and the ranking with the review of the models that we think are superior to the others: compare prices and performances, in a few minutes you could find what you are looking for.
Here we have selected the best HikVision DVR that are present below.
- Support cameras up to 8MP HD-TVI, 5MP AHD, 5MP HD-CVI, 8MP IP CAMERAS (4ch), and regular analog cameras
- Simultaneous 4K HDMI/ VGA/ CVBS output
- One SATA interface for HDD (HDD not included). Supports up to 10TB HDD.
- H.265 Pro+/ H.265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264
- Self-adaptive HD-TVI/ HD-CVI/AHD/CVBS signal input
- 32 Channel
- Country of origin - China
- Supports HD-TVI and CVBS signals
- Supports an additional 16 IP cameras at resolutions up to 8MP
- VGA output
- HDMI and VGA outputs
- HDMI output at up to 4K UHD resolution
- 16CH HD CCTV DVR with additional 8 channels for IP cameras [ANY OF THE 16CH ANALOG INPUT CONVERTIBLE TO IP (UP TO 24CH IP)]
- Supported cameras: up to 8MP HD-TVI, 4MP AHD, 2MP HD-CVI, 6MP IP CAMERAS (8ch), and regular analog cameras. Self-adaptive HD-TVI/...
- Simultaneous 4K HDMI/ VGA/ CVBS output
- Two SATA interface for HDD (HDD not included). Supports up to 8TB HDD.
- Hikvision, DVR, 8 Channel, Security, Recorder
- 16-ch analog video input. HD-TVI up to 3MP,1080p30,720p60 and CVBS up to 960H
- 2-ch IP video input, up to 2MP resolution
- 2TB HDD included
- Firmware upgradeable from US Hikvision website
- [Hikvision OEM Product] Unbranded, Non-logo. Manufacturer by Hikvision factory but comes with OEM model number. 100% Compatible...
- 32CH HD DVR without HDD. DVR can connect 32 HD or Analog cameras by using wired cable with BNC connectors and 8 IP Network cameras...
- Multiple video formats output including Full HD/TVI/CVI/AHD, SD/960H/composite video, and IP/network to work with various existing...
- User friendly setup instructions including QIG (Quick Installation Guide) for PC based VMS/CMS integration. Cloud based cell phone...
- Up to 4MP TVI, Up to 6 MP IP 160Mbps Max incoming bandwidth
- Full Channel Recording Up to 5 MP Resolution
- HDMI2 Output Resolution Up to 4K (3,840 x 2,160)
- H.265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264 Main Stream Encoding
- Self-Adaptive HD-TVI/CVBS Signal Input
- Long Distance Transmission over UTP and Coaxial Cable: Maximum 800 m for 1080p and 1,200 m for 720p HD-TVI
- 5MP Hikvision 16-CH TURBO HD Analog CCTV Security System includes: 16-CH DVR DS-7216HUHI-K2 with 6TB HDD installed and 16 units of...
- DS-7216HUHI-K2 H.265PRO+ 8MP TVI/4MP AHD 16CH DVR with additional 8 channels for IP cameras
- Hikvision TURBO HD 5MP IR Mini-Dome Camera for outdoor and indoor use, IR distance up to 30m
- Surveillance grade 6TB hard drive installed
- Cables, power supply, connectors and other accessories are not included, please order separately.
- Support Hik-Connect Phone App
- Supported cameras: up to 6MP IP camera, 4MP TVI/AHD/CVI camera, 5 signals input adaptively (HDTVI/AHD/CVI/CVBS/IP)
- H.265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264 and Dual-Stream Video Compression
- 4K Resolution HDMI Outout, VGA Output up to 1920 x 1080
- Contact Seller for Tech Support and Firmware Upgrade Assistance
Buying Guide to Select the Best Hik Vision Dvr
At Home or In the Store
The surveillance kits are composed of a series of cameras, in variable numbers but typically four or eight depending on the size of the area to be monitored, connected to a device that allows you to record what is being transmitted or simply view it on a monitor or on a portable device.
The various models available on the market are suitable for being installed both internally and externally, obviously with a substantial difference. The outdoor kits, in fact, must be made with materials capable of withstanding the elements and therefore waterproof and robust.
The cameras of the indoor models, on the other hand, maybe free of weather resistance standards. An outdoor kit can also be installed in the interior while the reverse operation is not recommended …
The law regulates the registrations of this type of products, in particular those made by surveillance cameras installed in a shop. For privacy, in fact, it is not possible to keep the images acquired in a commercial for more than 24 hours.
Therefore if the use you have to make of it is, this opts for a model that, automatically, deletes the video after a day. In the case of domestic use, however, the law does not provide for any limit or restriction.
To get a good result and ensure a rewarding viewing quality, it is essential that you choose cameras capable of acquiring images with proper resolution but above all DVRs that record in high definition.
The cameras can record in low definition, in the case of the cheaper models, or in high definition for the more expensive ones. The same goes for DVRs, which are basically divided into three bands: D1 (HD definition and high frame rate per second), HD1 (medium definition and frame rate) and CIF (low definition and frame rate).
Pair a high definition camera with a DVR that supports this recording standard, because it would be totally useless to use an HD camera if you then find yourself recording in low resolution (and vice versa).
Even in The Dark
In the chaste case, you need to carry out video surveillance even at night, many of the best brands of products of this type offer models capable of performing this task at a slightly higher price.
The choice is obviously influenced by the degree of brightness of the environment, a value that is measured in Lux (for example, a night with an overcast sky has a value of 0.0001 Lux).
In case you need to monitor the exterior of a house illuminated by street lamps, for example, you can choose a kit with cameras with a meagre Lux value (just 0.0001 Lux) and therefore able to offer clearly visible shots without the need to use infrared which often return not particularly sharp images.
If, however, video surveillance must take place in a completely dark environment, the choice must necessarily go to a kit equipped with infrared, knowing that flawless videos and extended depth of field cannot be expected.
Complete and Highly Versatile
The 1080p Lite kit, in fact, consists of a DVR that acts as a central unit and six cameras; its accessories also includes 18 meters of video cable, a 1-4 splitter, a 1-2 splitter, three power supplies with a European plug, a mouse, remote control and a CD with software and install drivers.
The system is complete and extremely versatile and can be used for home security, for the control of storage areas, offices and commercial premises, but also as a surveillance system with a view to the care of children, older adults and pets.
the central unit of the system, i.e. the digital video recorder, combines the functions of DVR, HVR and NVR, has eight channels, supports ONVIF networks, video compression according to the current H.264 standard and audio compression according to the G standard. 711A, and offers maximum resolution is Full HD format at 1080n / 1080p.
It has a SATA HDD of 1 terabyte capacity, for automatic storage of video and audio recordings, a VGA output, an HDMI output and two USB 2.0 inputs.
In addition, it also integrates WiFi connectivity capable of supporting the 3G network so that you can view recorded videos, directly on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
It is also equipped with the P2P Cloud function, which allows you to remotely view the images taken in real-time, using the unique XMEye application to download to smartphones and tablets, without having to wait for them to be first stored in the resident memory of the DVR.
Furthermore, the interface with which it is equipped is complete and very easy to manage, thanks to the presence of the Italian language among the selectable ones.
How to Use A Hikvision Dvr
The DVR is an essential component for video surveillance because on this device all the images captured by the various cameras present in the environment or in general in the building that is being monitored and which will then be used by the judicial authorities to investigate in case of burglary will be recorded.
Dvr Alone or In-Company
Commonly the DVR (an acronym for Digital Video Record) is sold in kits with a variable number of cameras which will then be positioned in the places you want to keep an eye on.
If you already have security cameras installed, you can still purchase a DVR separately. The important thing is that it is compatible with the cameras present, better then if it were of the same brand.
The DVRs on the market are currently divided into three categories: D1 which are the models with HD definition and high frame rate per second, HD1 which offer a medium purpose and frame rates and the cheap CIF where definition and frame rate are low.
The Importance of The Hard Disk
To store all the hours of footage taken by the various connected cameras, the DVRs are mostly equipped with an internal hard disk.
Some very cheap products do not provide for the presence of a hard disk, but to record the images, they rely on an external one, which must be purchased separately. However, this solution is also the most versatile, because it allows you to have a relatively large hard disk even if cameras are added or perhaps more powerful ones are purchased.
DVRs with internal hard drives are usually those sold in kits with a variable number of cameras. It is assumed that the disk size meets the space requirements for storing the recorded images.
4 or 8 Channel Dvr
The most used models are those that allow you to connect four cameras which are then the most popular ones for video surveillance of homes, offices and shops. Lately, the market also offers more powerful versions that can manage up to eight cameras simultaneously.
Many may wonder how to do this if you need to install more than eight cameras. Don’t worry: through a Content Management System software, it is possible to connect multiple DVRs and manage them all from a single terminal.
This practice, as is easily understood, is prevalent in medium / large companies, but for this type of installation, it is better to turn to video surveillance companies.
Technology in this field has also made great strides. For some time now, there have been models called NVRs (Network Video Recorders) on the market, which are video recorders that manage IP cameras and save videos directly in a cloud space owned or rented.
These systems allow you always to have the images available. Unlike the DVRs, since you do not have a hard disk, you will not have to worry in case of failure or run out of space available to store the images recorded by the various cameras.