Safe, approved, but also aesthetically pleasing. We are talking about helmets, essential elements for the safety of anyone who rides a motorcycle or scooter. On the market, many models can be categorized into open, modular, or integral.
Which full-face helmet to buy? Here are indications on external and internal materials, approval, wearability, safety, and quality/price ratio to choose the best full-face (or modular) helmet for motorcycles and scooters.
Find the most suitable protection system for you among the cheapest models of the best brands. Here we will be listing the top 15 Best I’ll helmets.
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards.
- Detachable Lens, Sun Shield and Chin Guard, Easy to Replace.
- Ventilation System with Multiple Vents, Breathable and Keep Cool.
- Quick Release Buckle Allows Riders to Quickly Take Helmet On and Off.
- 3/4 Open Face Motorcycle Helmet Fits Men and Women. Ideal for ATV, MTB, Dirt Bike, Street Bike, Cruiser, Scooter, Moped and Other Outdoor Sports.
- Bluetooth 3.0 Technology. 8 Hours of Talk Time and 110 Hours of Standby. Fully Washable Microfiber Liner and Adjustable Vents. This Helmet May Run 1 Size Smaller Due to Built-in Bluetooth Module. The size of this helmet: M: 55-56CM, L: 57-58CM, XL: 59-60CM.
- One Touch Control for Calling, Answering, Rejecting Incoming Calls and Redialing. Incoming Phone Call Overrides Intercom, Music, FM Radio and GPS Navigation Audio.
- Supports a Max distance of up to 1000 Feet Between Two Riders Using the Intercom. 2 High Quality Built-in Speakers with Full Stereo Sound.
- Meets or Exceeds DOT Safety Standards. DSP Echo Cancellation and Noise Suppression Technology Offers High Quality Voice at High Speeds.
- Known issues with the Bluetooth System -- When the helmet Bluetooth system hasn’t been used for a long time, the battery will enter deep sleep mode. During this time, Bluetooth mode may not be available. To wake the battery up, charge the battery for about half an hour. After this charge, Bluetooth functionality will be restored.
- Meet or exceeds FMSS-218 and DOT safety standards, the adult ATV motorcycle helmet is made of quality ABS shell, offering better protection for wearers when riding off road.
- Designed with multiple air vents and removable inner linings to ensure breathable and comfortable wearing conditions.
- Adjustable sun visor provides better visibility, allowing riders to rotate the shield to block the blinding sunlight and thus ensuring riding safety.
- Quick release buckle on the chin strap helps wearers easily take off and put on helmets, meanwhile makes helmet fit better as well.
- Durable aerodynamic helmet suits ATV, motocross,street bike,dirt bike, motorcycle, mountain bike, touring, dual sports and other outdoor riding activities.
- Quick Release Chin Strap Easily Get It On and Off, and the helmet has an adjustable rear dial for better fit
- Top Quality ABS Shell DOT FMVSS N218 Approved for Motorcycle Riding, Cycling and Other Outdoor Sports
- Quality Improved Integrated Drop Down Sun Visor, Removable and Replaceable
- Premium Venting Reduces Heat at The Top of The Head
- Solid Flat Black / Gloss Black Design Suitable for Men and Women
- Heated visor available by searching B08JG8L3P8. DOT Certified Motorcycle Helmet. Quality ABS shell and high density EPS foam ensures safer riding motorcycles. Sleek aerodynamic design made for speed.
- Pinlock Prepared Snowmobile Helmet. Fog resistant Pinlock30 comes with the package. Ideal for riding in cold winter.
- Communication System Speaker Pockets & Eyewear Friendly. Quick Release Strap & Buckle. Easy to take on/off the full face helmet.
- Removable & Washable Liners, Ultra soft and comfortable. Better fit for your face and head. Front, Top & Back Vents with a Large Fin for Maximum Ventilation.
- Dual Visor - Inner Tinted Lens & Clear Outer Lens. Outer face shield is easy to remove and replace. Size Information: XS: 53-54 CM, 20 7/8-21 1/4 INCH, S: 55-56 CM, 21 5/8-22 INCH, M: 57-58 CM, 22 1/2-22 7/8 INCH, L: 59-60 CM, 23 1/4-23 5/8 INCH, XL: 61-62 CM, 24-24 3/8 INCH, XXL: 63-64 CM, 24 3/4-25 1/4 INCH.
- Meets or exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards.
- Visor lock keeps the outer visor firmly attached on the helmet while riding at High Speed, ensures safety.
- Multiple vents for optimum ventilation, quick release and metal buckle offers solid protection.
- Removable, replaceable and washable inner liner with Comtex Technology, softer, more comfortable and better fit.
- Full face helmet comes with 2 visors(Clear and Mirrored Visors), both are compatible with Pin-lock anti-fog visor(Not Included) and 2 fins(Tinted Black and Mirrored Fins).
- SAFETY: Meet or exceeds FMSS-218 and DOT safety standards, the adult ATV motorcycle helmet is made of quality ABS shell and Multi-Density EPS liner, which is more durable and doesn’t easily wear, offering better protection for wearers when riding off road.
- ENLARGED AIR VENTS: Wind tunnel-optimized to maximize airflow throughout the entire helmet with improved cool air intake and hot air expulsion.
- SHIELD SYSTEM: Enhanced angle design widens the riding field of vision and improves rider safety. The clear visor can be easily detached without compromising the integrity of the helmet or the pieces around it when it is not needed.
- COMFORT INTERIOR PAD: The full face helmet is equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable inner liners that are breathable and absorbs sweat. Multi-layer cheek pads for comfort and helmet stabilization along with quality leather accentuate this motorcycle helmet’s unmatched fit and finish.
- QUICK RELEASE CLASP & STRAP: Quick release buckle on the chin strap helps wearers easily take off and put on the helmet, while providing a better fit.
- DOT Approved - Meets or exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT safety standards.
- Dual Visors - HD enhanced wide-angle lens to increase periferal vision and improve riding safety, and the sun visor is great for protection against the sun, which can be rotated slightly to account for the direction of the sun. This motorcycle helmet also comes with an inner tinted visor.
- Ventilation - Aerodynamic air intake system to introduce fresh air and replace the hot air inside the helmet.
- Liners & Quick Release Strap - The top liner and ear pads are detachable and washable.
- Multiple Function - It can be used as a ralley helmet, a full face helmet or a off-road helmet, ideal for dirt bike, motorcycle, mountain bike, dual sports and other outdoor riding activities.
- PROTECTIVE: Made of ABS shell and Multi-Density EPS. Open face 3/4 half design offers superior ventilation combined with a wide field of visibility.
- HIGH STANDARDS: Meets or Exceed FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards.
- RETRACTABLE VISOR: Snap on/snap off visor allows you to customize your look.
- ADJUSTABLE CHIN STRAP: Quick release chin strap to easily get the helmet on and off.
- OPEN FACE HALF MOTORCYCLE HELMET FITS MEN AND WOMEN: Ideal for dirt bike, motorcycle, motocross, scooter, moped, cruiser, UTV, ATV, touring bike and other street bikes.
- RETRACTABLE VISOR - Helmet is equipped with a retractable, tinted sun visor so that you don’t have to carry sunglasses with you. The visor can be retracted into the helmet when not needed. When retracted, the visor is almost invisible in the overall helmet design.
- ADJUSTABLE CHIN STRAP - The helmet has an adjustable quick release chin strap equipped with sliders around the ear-loops in order to accommodate for any head size or shape. The straps are easily adjustable and, when adjusted correctly, provide maximum protection with maximum comfort.
- DOT FMVSS.218 CERTIFIED - The helmet meets all requirements for DOT FMVSS.218 certification and every batch of helmets undergoes random quality checks in order to make sure the highest quality product is the one your receive.
- CLASSIC HALF HELMET DESIGN - The helmet has a classic half-helmet design reminiscent of early riding helmets. Coming in matte black or glossy black, this helmet will look sleek with any bike.
- LIGHT WEIGHT AND SMALL FOOTPRINT - The helmet is incredibly light weight, weighing in at around 2.04 lbs. The helmet’s small design means that it can easily be slipped into a backpack, under a bike seat or carried under your arm without any effort.
- Meet and Exceed DOT Safety standards. Quality ABS shell and high density EPS foam, ILM-817 full face motorcycle helmet ensures safe riding whether on adventure touring rides or just cruising in the city.
- Anti-fog Pinlock 30 Prepared Helmet Face Shields. Fog resistant while riding motorbikes or snowmobiles, the motorcycle helmets with Pinlock visor ensure safer riding in winter or cold days.
- Pinlock insert and 2 face shield are available. The clear visor comes with the motorcycle helmet, tinted visor and Pinlock insert are in the package. Remove the films before using the lenses.
- Ventilation system, ultra soft pads and quick release buckle make the motorcycle helmets breathable, comfortable and easy to wear. Slide to open and close the air vents. Top liner and cheek pads are removable and washable.
- This full face helmet for men and women is an ideal protective gear for motorcycle, snowmobile, motocross, street bike, AVT, MTB, touring, adventuring and other powersports.
- Not only approved ILM's strict quality inspection, but also meet or exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT safety standards.
- Modular ''flip-up'' function making the helmet a true two-in-one helmet fit for multiple occasions. Large lock release button helps to flip up the helmet easily with gloves.
- Built-in sun shield visor to block sun's UV rays, gives riders instant relief from sun glare.
- Multiple enlarged vents for optimum ventilation. Compact, aggressive and streamlined shell design helps to prevent wind noise.
- Replaceable and washable inner liner. Inserted chin curtain design aims to reduce dust.
- MEET DOT SAFETY STANDARDS:Thoroughly tested and fortified in case of a crash. Ideally for street bikes, snowmobiles, off-road and ATV, can be used for some entry-level racing competitions as well.
- BUILT-IN ACTION CAMERA MOUNT designed to install camera and capture all your riding adventures and racing competitions. Moreover, a headlight can also be attached to improve riders safety. (Camera and light are not included)
- INTERIOR & COMFORT LEVEL: ILM choose to equip the helmet with a 3D comtex inner liner which is softer and super comfortable and high moisture absorb capabilities. Keeps your head cooler and dryer during a long ride.
- ADJUSTABLE SUN VIOSR for a widened field of view. This ATV helmet has an 4.3 inch tall opening that significantly expands your field of vision and virtually accommodates any brand of goggles. (goggles not included).
- STAINLESS STEEL QUICK RELEASE BUCKLE is stronger, more durable, and more corrosion resistant than iron. The buckle could be fixed the helmet firmly on your head in case of an accident.
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Ilm Helmets
Safety is the first requirement that you must check in a helmet, and then there is the choice of the type and the right size. We talk about these and other aspects of our guide. Also, find out which are the most popular on the market this year: you can read the review in our ranking below.
Although the design, together with the price, often contributes to determining the purchase of a helmet, we must not forget that safety is the fundamental aspect to be taken into account. But how can you be sure of the reliability of a particular model?
It is necessary to check the homologation that is specified on the label, so we must be wary of helmets that are sold without. It is also possible to obtain some useful information on the characteristics and manufacture, as long as you know how to decipher the reported cryptic abbreviations.
The statement that should never be missing is ECE 22-05, which corresponds to the most recent European homologation and indicates compliance with the most stringent regulations, the most suitable to guarantee maximum safety for the motorcyclist.
It is rather interesting to understand what test helmets are subjected to receive this certification. A series of tests are carried out to test the response of the device in certain situations and climatic conditions.
The helmet must pass tests of impact, rigidity, penetration (relative to the visor), and resistance of the strap, both in normal conditions and after being subjected to high and frigid temperatures and water action solvents and UV rays.
A further indication is that relating to another type of test, identified by the abbreviation Snell M2010, which does not replace those for homologation but, in a certain sense, integrates them. Hence, a model that should have passed these tests too proposes as one of the safest on the market.
Buying online, it is easy to come across products not specifically made for the Italian (or European) market. Therefore you might happen to read the American homologation, identified by the abbreviation DOT (an acronym for Department Of Transportation, or the US Department of Transportation).
The helmets that come from the United States have undergone checks and controls different from those on sale in Europe, therefore take this into account.
Have you already decided which type of helmet to choose? The options you have are two because you can choose between an opening model and a completely closed or integral one.
For those who use the scooter mainly for short trips or in summer, the best brand could be the one that makes jet or demi jet models because they ensure a higher passage of air on the face, which is very pleasant in the hot season.
These helmets are also lighter, more compact, many have no problems being stored in the saddle pad or the top case and can be worn in an instant.
If, on the other hand, you use your helmet even in winter or to move on high-communication roads or highways, the air on your face is no longer pleasant and, with increasing speed, you have to deal with the sound of the wind it can become annoying, as well as with humidity, rain, and insects.
The modular helmet is a solution preferred by many because it protects effectively even in winter and at a high pace, but in summer, it allows you to move with the chin guard open, as long as it has the PJ approval.
Compare prices, homologation, and type but pay close attention to the size of the helmet you are about to buy. First, you need to measure the circumference of your head using a soft measuring tape and to pass it slightly above the ears, 2.5 cm above the eyebrows.
The measure thus obtained must be compared with the tables that you should always find indicated in each manufacturer’s helmets. The available sizes range from XXS, which corresponds to 51-52 cm, up to XXL, 63-64 cm. Not all companies, however, always have various measures possible.
Let’s move on to the motorcycle helmet structure, starting from the materials used for the exterior of the helmet, which must have a high capacity to absorb shocks.
It is, in fact of fundamental importance that this can protect the rider’s head and cushion even the most violent blow. The outer shell of a helmet can be made of different materials that correspond to varying levels of resistance and weight.
The material used in the cheapest masks is polycarbonate, thermoplastic material with the right level of strength but with a good weight.
The latest generation and most expensive full-face helmets, on the other hand, are often made of Carbon-Kevlar, that is to say, a very resistant, but at the same time light material, composed of carbon fibers and kevlar fibers.
Furthermore, the quality of the paint is also critical, as the durability of colors and brightness of the helmet will depend on it.