Safe, approved but also aesthetically pleasing. We are talking about helmets, essential elements for the safety of anyone who rides a motorcycle or scooter. On the market, there are many models that, basically, can be categorized into open, modular or integral.
It is a modular helmet made of highly resistant thermoplastic HRT and completed with the best features on the market.
It has a support system in the CHS (Chin-Guard Holder System) chin guard which, when pressed on the two side buttons, releases and can be stored in the back of the shell, integrating with it. Here we will be listing the top 12 best snowmobile helmets.
- Heated visor available by searching B08JG8L3P8. DOT & ECE Certified Motorcycle Helmet. Quality ABS shell and high density EPS foam ensures safer riding motorcycles. Sleek aerodynamic design made for speed.
- Pinlock Prepared Snowmobile Helmet. Fog resistant Pinlock30 comes with the package. Ideal for riding in cold winter.
- Communication System Speaker Pockets & Eyewear Friendly. Quick Release Strap & Buckle. Easy to take on/off the full face helmet.
- Removable & Washable Liners, Ultra soft and comfortable. Better fit for your face and head. Front,Top & Back Vents with a Large Fin for Maximum Ventilation.
- Dual Visor - Inner Tinted Lens & Clear Outer Lens. Outer face shield is easy to remove and replace.
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Shell is constructed with ABS
- Weight: 1590G ( 50G)
- Moisture wicking, removable/washable air channeled comfort liner
- Integrated face shield
- Padded chin strap with double-d safety lock
- O'NEAL produces motorcycle gear that offer the best in comfort
- Shell weight (size L): 1450grams (50)
- Rubber roost nose guard
- Double-D release chin strap. Lightweight
- Meets standards: DOT, ECE 22-05
- Advance Dual Sports and Dual Visor Design (Inner Smoked Visor and Outer Clear Shield);
- Light weight durable aerodynamic thermoplastic alloy shell;
- Heavily cushioned and comfortable interior, Removable and washable
- Beautiful glossy UV protective finish;
- DOT Approved
- Meets the DOT standard (FMVSS218); We ensure that the helmets we sell meet the DOT standard by having them tested regularly at an independent test facility
- Smooth opening and closing with easy to actuate button; Retractable tinted sun visor
- Smooth opening and closing with easy to actuate button
- Double pane heated shield, power cord with RCA connection, adjustable breathbox and chin skirt included
- Please measure for size. SIZE CHART (Circumference of the largest part of your head, usually just above the eyebrows) in inches SMALL: 21 ½ to 22 - MEDIUM: 22 to 22 ½ - LARGE: 22 ½ to 23 - XL: 23 to 23 ½ - XXL: 23 ½ to 24. Head shapes can affect how a helmet fits. The size chart is meant to be a starting point.Please be aware that if you return this item for a refund your order will be refunded less the original shipping charges we incurred to ship the order to you
- ACS Advanced Channeling ventilation system
- Plush, Nylex Interior
- RapidFire Shield Replacement System
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell
- D.O.T. Approved
- Meet and Exceed DOT & ECE Safety Standards. Quality ABS shell and high density EPS foam, ILM-817 full face motorcycle helmet ensures safe riding whether on adventure touring rides or just cruising in the city.
- Anti-fog Pinlock 30 Prepared Helmet Face Shields. Fog resistant while riding motorbikes or snowmobiles, the motorcycle helmets with Pinlock visor ensure safer riding in winter or cold days.
- Pinlock insert and 2 face shield are available. The clear visor comes with the motorcycle helmet, tinted visor and Pinlock insert are in the package. Remove the films before using the lenses.
- Ventilation system, ultra soft pads and quick release buckle make the motorcycle helmets breathable, comfortable and easy to wear. Slide to open and close the air vents. Top liner and cheek pads are removable and washable.
- This full face helmet for men and women is an ideal protective gear for motorcycle, snowmobile, motocross, street bike, AVT, MTB, touring, adventuring and other powersports.
- The all new Ultra Max snowmobile helmet by Vega Helmets is an aggressively designed, value packed snowmobiling helmet ideal for the Winter rider with its electric heated shield, Comfort-Tech removeable liner, aerodynamic water-resistant shell and enhanced safety.
- IT’S ELECTRIC - The Ultra Max full face snowmobile helmet allows you to see the world in a perfect light without the fog and frost with its optically correct, multi-position electric heated outer shield with SURE SEAL contoured edges and inner drop-down sunshield.
- FEATURES DESIGNED FOR COMFORT – Includes a washable, replaceable Comfort Tech Wick-Dri Liner System to keep you dry and comfortable, advanced ventilation system for maximum air flow, and HD clarity drop-down replaceable sunshield to keep the sun out of your eyes.
- SAFETY FIRST - Meets or exceeds US DOT standard FMVSS 218 & ECE R 22.05 + Engineered with a safe and secure D-ring strap system and high-density channeled air flow EPS liner for maximum impact protection.
- IT’S VERSATILE - When the Winter season is over, you can also purchase separate shields for the Ultra Max to use on your motorcycle, making this one of the most versatile helmets available.
- 20 percent Smaller with equal protection as the bulky competitors
- This helmet features significant intake venting and incredible Venturi venting for the rear exhaust
- One button release mechanism for front chin bar
- Bluetooth 2. 0 technology allows you to receive and send calls, listen to streaming music in stereo, as well as listen clearly to GPS directions
- ECE and DOT Certified, Meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 218
- EXCELLENT PROTECTION-Meet or exceed both DOT (U.S Department of Transportation) and ECE (Economic Commission for Europe) safety standards, which assures top standard protection level.
- THREE-IN-ONE STYLE - It can be used as a rally helmet, a full face helmet，a flip up modular helmet or an off-road helmet, ideal for dirt bike, motorcycle, mountain bike, dual sports and other outdoor riding activities.
- ANTI-FOG & VENTILATION PERFORMANCE-Equipped with Pinlock EVO fog-resistant system. This motorcycle helmet also has a ventilation system of air vents and breath guard to reduce fog and wind noise while allowing cool air to pass through.
- LOCKING SYSTEM- Large lock release button converts the helmet instantly and easily into an open-face configuration even when you riding with gloves. All-new flip up locking system could prevent chin guard from dropping when the helmet in the fully-opened position.
- INRERIOR & COMFORT LEVEL- This motorcycle helmet has the Comtex interior liner made up from moisture-wicking fabric. ILM’s Comtex technology not only provides comfort to the rider’s face but also helps with breathability and ventilation. The inner pads is also super soft to better fit the contours of the user's head.
Best Snowmobile Helmets Buyer Guide
Safety is the first requirement that you must check in a helmet, then there is the choice of the type and the right size. We talk about these and other aspects of our guide. Also, find out which are the most popular on the market this year: you can read the review in our ranking below.
Although the design, together with the price, often contributes to determining the purchase of a helmet, we must not forget that safety is the fundamental aspect to be taken into account.
But how can you be sure of the reliability of a particular model? It is necessary to check the homologation that is specified on the label, so we must be wary of helmets that are sold without.
It is also possible to obtain some useful information on the characteristics and manufacture, as long as you know how to decipher the cryptic abbreviations that are reported.
The statement that should never be missing is ECE 22-05, which corresponds to the most recent European homologation and indicates compliance with the most stringent regulations, the most suitable to guarantee maximum safety for the motorcyclist. It is rather interesting to understand what tests helmets are subjected to receive this certification.
In fact, a series of tests are carried out to test the response of the device in certain situations and climatic conditions. The helmet must pass tests of impact, rigidity, penetration (relative to the visor) and resistance of the strap, both in normal conditions and after being subjected to high and frigid temperatures and to the action of water, solvents and UV rays.
A further indication is that relating to another type of test, identified by the abbreviation Snell M2010, which does not replace those for homologation but, in a certain sense, integrates them. Hence, a model that should have passed these tests too proposes as one of the safest on the market.
Buying online it is easy to come across products not specifically made for the Italian (or European) market. Therefore you might happen to read the American homologation, identified by the abbreviation DOT (an acronym for Department Of Transportation, or the US Department of Transportation). The helmets that come from the United States have undergone checks and controls different from those on sale in Europe, therefore take this into account.
Have you already decided which type of helmet to choose? There are two options available because you can choose between an opening model and a completely closed or integral one.
For those who use the scooter mainly for short trips or in summer, the best brand could be the one that makes jet or demi jet models because they ensure a higher passage of air on the face which is very pleasant in the hot season.
These helmets are also lighter, more compact, many have no problems being stored in the saddle pad or in the top case and can be worn in an instant.
If, on the other hand, you use your helmet even in winter or to move on large communication roads or highways, the air on your face is no longer pleasant and, with increasing speed, you have to deal with the sound of the wind that it can become really annoying, as well as with humidity, rain and insects.
The modular helmet is a solution preferred by many because it protects effectively even in winter and at a high pace. Still, in summer it allows you to move with the chin guard open, as long as it has the PJ approval.
Compare prices, homologation and type but pay close attention to the size of the helmet you are about to buy. First, you need to measure the circumference of your head using a soft measuring tape and to pass it slightly above the ears, 2.5 cm above the eyebrows.
The measure thus obtained must be compared with the tables that you should always find indicated in the helmets of each manufacturer. The available sizes range from XXS, which corresponds to 51-52 cm, up to XXL, 63-64 cm. Not all companies, however, always have various measures possible.
Comfortable and Cool
The full-face helmet, since it will be used very often for long journeys in the saddle of your motorbike must first of all be very comfortable to wear.
And precisely this feature is enhanced by the AGV K-5 S helmet. The Italian company has provided inside the highest quality fabrics, which in addition to being very soft have the peculiarity of not having any type of stitching that can somehow annoy the centaur when wearing a helmet.
Seams are one of the problems of low-alloy helmets, which irritate sensitive areas of the face such as cheeks and forehead.
At the same time, comfort is guaranteed by a series of closable air intakes that allow air to circulate inside the helmet when the sun hits hard. This will enable you to have the right refreshment in the head even when the days are more torrid. When they are closed, therefore on colder days, you can be sure that no annoying draft will enter the helmet.
Light and Safe
Despite being very safe, this helmet model is also light. In fact, the outer shell has been made with a mix of carbon and fibreglass, highly resistant materials but famous for their meagre specific weight.
Even at high speeds, you can rest assured about head and neck stability. For this reason, AGV has provided a spoiler that gives the helmet the right aerodynamics that can be assessed when it opens to full throttle.
In order not to hear the annoying wind noise when the speed is high, for this model, AGV has prepared new wind protection that reduces noise to a minimum. The closure is a “two-ring” model which is among the safest on the market even if it requires a little practice to unfasten and fasten the helmet quickly.
In the productive equipment of the helmet, which also includes a convenient carrying bag, there is a Pinlock visor that can be installed.
Inside the main screen to ensure that this does not include cloud when the air intakes (especially the one chin level) is closed to prevent cold air from entering. On sunny days you can count on the sun visor that can disappear inside the shell when not needed.