Among the medicinal plants, milk thistle takes a respectable position, especially when it comes to remedies suitable for the well – being of the liver, an organ particularly crucial for the purification of our organism from toxic substances.
This wild herbaceous plant, botanically known as Silybum marianum, grows spontaneously throughout the Mediterranean area and its fruits, which have been appreciated since ancient times for the benefits they offer, are used in healing.
Here we had listed out some of the best milk thistles that are present below.
- Liver Health Support: The liver helps the body remove toxins and converts nutrients from our body into substances we can use.
- Antioxidant Support: Milk thistle is a powerful antioxidant that can help maintain healthy liver function.*
- High Potency: Each capsule contains 1,000mg of milk thistle to provide high-power liver support and contains an additional 50mg of dandelion root for additional benefits.*
- Trusted Since 1960: The pioneers of Bronson Vitamins were a group of pharmacists who witnessed the benefits of vitamins and mineral supplementation firsthand with their patients. Bronson Vitamins have been consistently mentioned by top medical professionals since our inception in 1960.
- Allergen Statement: This is natural product that contains flowers. Avoid this product if you are allergic to ragweed or daisy-like flowers.
- The exceptional benefits of Milk Thistle are due to its antioxidant properties, which help to optimize health and well being
- Milk Thistle helps maintain healthy liver function by supporting the structure of the outer cell membrane of liver cells
- Scientifically formulated
- Highest quality vitamins and supplements
- Trusted since 1973
- Milk Thistle is a traditonal herbal extract.
- Milk Thistle is a concentrated herb with beneficial antioxidant properties that contribute to overall health and well-being.(1)
- Milk Thistle has been used in Greek practicies for centuries.
- These rapid release liquid softgels release quickly into your system.
- OUTSTANDING VALUE: Our Organic Milk Thistle contains 7500 mg strength per capsule AND 120 capsules per bottle – an amazing value! A single bottle contains up to a 4-month supply. Compare this to other leading brands that require 2 capsules per serving, do not provide a 7500 mg strength dosage, and are not Certified USDA Organic. Our Organic Milk Thistle is a bargain not be found elsewhere!
- 30:1 EXTRACT FOR MAXIMUM STRENGTH DOSAGE: Our Organic Milk Thistle is made from a potent, concentrated 30:1 extract. A 30:1 extract means that the herb itself has been condensed, so that 30 grams of the original herb are concentrated into a single gram. By using a 30:1 extract, we have created a powerful supplement that is 30X stronger than standard Milk Thistle capsules.
- 80% SILYMARIN FLAVONOIDS: The "good stuff" in Milk Thistle is called Silymarin Flavonoids. The more Silymarin Flavonoids, the better the Milk Thistle! Our Organic Milk Thistle has been standardized to 80% Silymarin Flavonoids, which means that each capsules contains 200 mg of Silymarin Flavonoids from a 30:1 extract - the highest dosage available!
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Any Milk Thistle that is not CERTIFIED organic can be highly contaminated and even toxic to your liver. With Zazzee Naturals Certified Organic Milk Thistle, you can be sure your Milk Thistle is organic, all-natural, vegan, and non-GMO. More, while other competing products use various chemicals as fillers, binders, and excipients, our Organic Milk Thistle instead uses a unique Organic Stabilizer Blend.
- GOLD STANDARD PRODUCTION: Your health and safety mean everything to us. For that reason, our Organic Milk Thistle is manufactured in the USA, in a fully compliant facility with adherence to good manufacturing policies and under the most stringent quality control. You can rest assured that you get the best value for your money!
- HIGH QUALITY SILYMARIN CONTENT: FarmHaven has formulated highly potent Milk Thistle (silybum marianum) capsules containing extract that is standardized to 80% Silymarin flavonoids, the “good stuff” in Milk Thistle. This means each capsule contains 300mg of pure Silymarin.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY LIVER FUNCTION*: The Silymarin found in Milk Thistle provides a natural way to support healthy liver function.* Silymarin helps support cell health and function and promotes a healthy inflammatory response.*
- POTENT 30:1 CONCENTRATION: FarmHaven’s seed extract content means you’re choosing a high strength and high purity product that’s also good for the earth. Our Milk Thistle pills contain a 30:1 concentrate extract so each capsule actually delivers the equivalent of 11,250mg raw Milk Thistle seed for improved bioavailability and absorption.*
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY SKIN & MORE*: Milk Thistle has beneficial properties that may help support healthy skin, promote proper digestion, and promote a natural immune response.*
- VEGAN, MADE IN USA: Our product is vegan, non-GMO and free of gluten, corn, soy, preservatives, and any artificial ingredients. We utilize plant-based veggie capsules and manufacture in the USA in an NSF-Certified facility to ensure safety and purity.
- LIVER HEALTH SUPPORT: Milk thistle contains flavonoids called silymarin that have traditionally been used as support for liver health* Nature's Bounty Milk Thistle Dietary Supplements provide 250mg of Milk Thistle powder per capsule
- HERBAL HEALTH: Nature's Bounty provides herbal products for a variety of health areas Nature's Bounty Milk Thistle is just part of the line of traditional supplements offered to support your health and your body*
- NATURE'S BOUNTY, BETTER OFF HEALTHY: Health-conscious people have trusted Nature’s Bounty products for decades Our dedication to quality, consistency, and scientific research has resulted in vitamins and nutritional supplements of unrivaled excellence
- COMPARE NATURE'S BOUNTY products to Bixa Botanical, Na'trition, Women's Health Network, Organic India, Vimerson Health, Zhou, New Chapter, Baetea, Nature's Way, BioScience Nutrition, Nature's Secret, Bio Schwartz, Health Concerns, Nested, Havasu, and OHCO
- ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES: Milk Thistle possesses antioxidants properties, which play a role in helping the body fight free radicals and assist in maintaining good health* Free radicals can be caused by pollution, smoking and even the sun
- The Highly Active Form of Milk Thistle - Toniiq Milk Thistle capsules contain 500mg of the highest quality milk thistle in each pill– ethically sourced, grown and cultivated using an extraction process to ensure a 50:1 extract ratio (or the equivalent of 25,000mg of raw milk thistle powder).
- More Silymarin = More Value & More Health Benefits - Silymarin is one of the most studied compounds in milk thistle for its beneficial health effects. Each serving of our 500 mg milk thistle provides you with over 400 mg of silymarin (other milk thistle products contain less than 200 mg), making this one of the most potent milk thistle supplements available.
- Setting a New Standard for Purity - To ensure that you are getting the highest-quality product, each batch is tested for quality and purity both during and after manufacturing.
- Quality, First, and Foremost - Toniiq products are produced in a GMP-certified and NSF-approved state-of-the-art manufacturing facility right here in the USA.
- Each Batch is Individually Tested - We test each batch both ourselves and through a third-party independent laboratory to ensure our ingredients contain the correct standardized level of purity and active ingredients. We also test each batch for any possible additives, contaminants, and impurities to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Super Concentrated 2,000 mg of Pure Milk Thistle Extract Promotes Healthy Liver Function, Detoxification & Supports Waste Elimination Fast Absorption - Absorbed Faster Than Tablets or Capsules.
- Alcohol-Free, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO Verified, & Holistically Balanced
- The Milk Thistle plant, also known as Silybum marianum , is a tall flowering plant covered with sticky spines, It has been used in folkloric health support for centuries where ever it grows.
- The Added Assurance of Nature’s Answer “Advanced Botanical Fingerprint” Technology Nature’s Answer Advanced Botanical Fingerprint Technology assures you of the quality of the botanical ingredients in every Nature’s Answer product
- By creating one of the most comprehensive collections of plant specimens in the world and identifying each plant’s distinctive botanical fingerprint, Nature’s Answer can compare and analyze the quality and purity of every incoming botanical used to formulate their products, assuring you that the ingredients in every Nature’s Answer Milk Thistle extract are the purest, highest-quality botanical ingredients available.
- SUPPORT YOUR LIVER’S NATURAL DETOXIFICATION PROCESS - Milk thistle provides powerful antioxidant protection to fight oxidative stress. This not only helps maintain optimal liver health, but it supports whole-body health, too.
- PROMOTE HEALTHY CELL DIVISION - Essential milk thistle extracts isosilybin A and B, promote optimal liver health by helping to support healthy cell division—which is key to staying healthy.
- CHOOSE AN EASY-TO-ABSORB FORMULA - Not all milk thistle formulas are easy to absorb. Ours is because we formulate it with phospholipids, which promote optimal absorption. That way, the essential nutrients in Advanced Milk Thistle can enter the bloodstream more easily—and have faster effectiveness.
- INGREDIENTS MATTER - Sourced using only the finest raw ingredients with the purity and potency your body deserves. The majority of our products are non-GMO, gluten-free, and manufactured in the USA—and a Certificate of Analysis is available for every product we produce.
- LIVE YOUR HEALTHIEST LIFE - For over 40 years, we’ve been developing advanced, effective formulas made with the highest standards and based on the latest scientific findings. We believe the answers to a healthier, richer life are within reach, and that rigorous scientific research is the path to get us there. Our formulations are created using the ingredients and dosages used in the studies that inspired them, ensuring that maximum bioavailability and efficacy is achieved.
- Antioxidant Support: Milk Thistle provides compounds that support the body’s antioxidant system, including immune response and liver protein synthesis; The formula supplies a 30:1 extract to contain 80 percent total milk thistle seed flavonoids
- Support Liver Function and Glutathione: This group of milk thistle seed flavonoids, collectively known as silymarin, support liver function and glutathione levels; Glutathione is the body’s major antioxidant
- Veggie Capsules: Take one to three veggie capsules per day, or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional; This formula is suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Superior Nutrition and Formulation: The goal of Jarrow Formulas is to promote optimal health with high-quality, effective, affordable, and superior formulation of dietary supplements; Our customers can be assured of purity, value, and potency
- Packaging May Vary
Things to Consider Before Buying Milk Thistles
Milk Thistle: Characteristics and Description of The Plant
The thistle is a biennial herbaceous plant vigorous gait, able to achieve in the second year of age up to 150 cm tall. The plant is hairless with a robust stem with erect branches, while the leaves have an abundant quantity of thorns.
The milk thistle flowers are gathered in terminal heads with a purplish-red color, covered with bracts.
The fruits of milk thistle ripen during the summer months, while the root is robust, capable of penetrating deep into the compacted soil. The milk thistle is present throughout the Mediterranean and is cultivated in order that both ornamental fitoterapico.
The main properties of milk thistle are due to the presence of silymarin, an active principle contained above all in the fruits of this plant.
Taking this natural remedy means increasing the liver’s active protection capacity against toxic substances such as alcohol, smoking, pollutants, drugs, and, therefore, purifying it.
The anti-free radical action of milk thistle allows reinforcing the walls of the capillaries, therefore also creating a beneficial action on the circulation and the heart. Milk thistle can cause a slight rise in pressure and also has mild laxative qualities.
In some cases, it is recommended for breastfeeding mothers for its galactogenic properties (although the best remedy for increasing milk production remains to attach the baby to the breast more often).
Uses of Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is mainly used for problems affecting the liver, especially when the organ has been tried by toxic agents such as alcohol, smoking, or medicines.
It can also be taken following periods in which food and drink have been abused (for example, the Christmas holidays) and then attempts to repair the damage with a period of detox. Milk thistle is also able to save lives in case of poisoning by poisonous mushrooms such as Amanita phalloides.
Contraindications of Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is a very active plant against the liver and should be used with caution. Absolutely contraindicated in case you have gallstones, liver, or gallbladder.
Even if you suffer from hypertension, it is better to prefer other types of remedies since the milk thistle could favor, due to the tyramine contained in it, an absolute increase in blood pressure. In excessive doses, it can give gastrointestinal problems (attention to the laxative effect) or headache.
As always, even in the case of natural remedies, it is still good to seek the advice of your doctor before taking them, mainly if you use medicines.
Therapeutic Properties of Milk Thistle
The milk thistle plant is famous above all for its beneficial properties against liver dysfunction, used since ancient times as a tonic for the liver. Milk thistle intervenes against liver damage caused by alcohol, accelerating the regeneration of damaged cells.
The milk thistle is also used as an antidote against the poison of the mushroom Amanita falloide, proving to be an excellent remedy detoxifying to the body. The plant also acts as a natural antioxidant against free radicals, more so than vitamin E alone.
The milk thistle stimulates the production of breast milk, intervenes against menstrual pain, cramps, balances female hormones, boasts an action stanching, diuretic, purifying, soothing, antispasmodic, febrifuge.
The milk thistle leaves are used for food production of liqueur drinks, thanks to its appetizing properties.
Nutritional Values of Milk Thistle
The milk thistle can also be taken through food. For every 100 grams of product the plant presents:
- Kcal 17
- Fibers 1.6 G
- Sugars 3.9 G
- Protein 0.7 G
- Fat 0.1 G
- Carbohydrates 4 G
- Potassium 400 Mg
- Sodium 170 mg
- Calcium 70 mg
Milk Thistle: Side Effects and Contraindications
The milk thistle may have a mild laxative effect, the maximum duration of three days. Under excessive intake, Marian cado can cause nausea and vomiting and is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
The plant can interact with antidepressant drugs, proving to be able to increase blood pressure values.
Milk Thistle – Buying Guide
There are a few factors to consider before purchasing Thistle Milk Capsules. Below, you will find a list created by our expert consultants, which will give you the opportunity to make an ideal choice, making the best possible decision.
Taking these factors into consideration, in addition to our recommendations, we are confident that you will be able to find the best product for you among Milk Thistle Capsules.
- Manufacturer: Are there any known manufacturers for Milk Thistle Capsules?
- Test Reports: are there real and complete reviews for Milk Thistle Capsules?
- Buyer Review: has this product been purchased and reviewed by customers?
- Dimensions: what are the possible dimensions of the product in question?
- Altroconsumo: for Milk Thistle Capsules, is the test result already available for this category?
- Test Results: for the above category, Milk Thistle Capsules, which are the best products at the moment?
- Price: what is your budget, and are there special occasions for Milk Thistle Capsules?
- Comparison: to conclude, it is necessary to make a comparison between the various criteria of the product, also taking into account the price and your needs!
If you use the checklist above, you can find many products that adapt perfectly to the customer’s needs before proceeding with the actual purchase.
To conclude, it is necessary to make a comparison to find out the most suitable product for your needs, belonging to the category Milk Thistle Capsules.
Here’s some advice from our industry experts: order multiple things at the same time. In this way, it will be possible to perform a useful personal comparison, which gives more accurate test results.