Turmeric is an Indian spice, with a color and appearance very similar to saffron, whose use has also found extensive use in Western cuisine, thanks to its particular flavor and a series of benefits that it is able to bring to the body.
However, before introducing this spice into your eating habits, it is good to know its properties, effects, and possible contraindications, to be sure to take it correctly without health risks.
Here we had listed out the best turmeric powders that are present below.
- USDA Certified Organic Turmeric Powder - Curcuma Longa
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Intense aroma and fantastic taste
- 2.5% Curcumin Content. Packed in Resealable Bag
- No added flavors or colors, Non-GMO & More
- NUTRITIOUS 3% CURCUMIN CONTENT- Make your dishes flavorful and nutritious with organic Turmeric powder that has a warm aroma with...
- PURE & ORGANIC- Our Turmeric powder is USDA organic and NON-GMO. Highest and purest quality turmeric powder, ethically sourced...
- AUTHENTIC SPICES- Made with naturally sourced and pure ingredients meticulously sourced from Indian landscapes, combined with the...
- WE CARE FOR PEOPLE & PLANET - We are now a proudly Carbon-Neutral & a Plastic-Neutral brand. We measure our overall carbon &...
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you don't like the product, we will issue a REFUND immediately. No Questions Asked.
- ORGANIC TURMERIC POWDER: Ground turmeric root powder (curcuma longa) typically contains 2-3% curcuminoids, powerful antioxidants...
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Powdered turmeric contains the potent antioxidant curcumin, which may support healthy inflammation response and...
- AROMATIC AND DELICIOUS: Fortified turmeric with black pepper adds depth of flavor to soups, stews, dressing, and sauces with a...
- EASY AND CONVENIENT POWDER: Dried turmeric spice has been an herbal kitchen staple for centuries and is a principle of Ayurvedic...
- COMMITTED TO YOUR SATISFACTION: We take great care in sourcing the highest quality ingredients directly from small organic farms...
- Organic Turmeric Powder from Dwaraka Organics. Derived from crushing dried, organic turmeric roots
- Extremely popular in Ayurveda. Elevates the flavor of a lot of Indian dishes while providing great functional benefits. Can add to...
- Contains curcumin that is know for a lot of medicinal benefits
- Natural healing agent for cuts and bruises. Also helps build immunity and with quick recovery from cough, cold and sore throat
- Organic, Non-GMO, Chemical Free
- TURMERIC POWDER - packed with curcumin, this fresh ground turmeric root is exactly what you need.
- PURE - No preservatives, no additives, no MSG, non GMO, no fillers.
- FLAVORS OF THE WORLD - Very common in Indian, south Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine.
- FRESH - packed fresh in small batches in the US.
- FARM TO TABLE - 30 years of experience in growing spices, herbs and peppers, using traditional methods like hand-picking,...
- Fortified with 95% Curcumin C3 Complex and Bioperine
- 1 Scoop Equals 450 mg. Curcuminoids
- USDA Certified Organic, Certified Kosher
- Feel Good Organic Superfoods Turmeric is a USDA certified organic root powder, fortified with Curcumin C3 Complex.Curcumin is the...
- We’ve left nothing to chance in providing you with the finest, highest quality turmeric. We know you rely on it to provide...
- NON-GMO, EVERYDAY GOODNESS FROM INDIA- Relish the pure notes of Turmeric tangled with Ashwagandha and exotic spices like Ginger,...
- SUGAR ALTERNATIVE 'STEVIA'- Stevia is natural sweetener, unlike other sugar alternatives that are filled with chemicals and...
- A BRAND WITH A BILLION DREAMS - VAHDAM India is one of India's largest digitally native, global wellness brands, shipping to over...
- ETHICAL, DIRECT & FAIR-TRADE - Our innovative supply chain model ensures you get the freshest cup of tea and our farmers get a...
- WE CARE FOR PEOPLE & PLANET - We are now a proudly Carbon-Neutral & a Plastic-Neutral brand. We measure our overall carbon &...
- ORGANIC TURMERIC ROOT – We get serious with potency. Our ground turmeric (Curcuma longa) root contains a minimum of 4% curcumin...
- VERSATILE INGREDIENT – This turmeric root is ground into a powder to both enhance the flavor and bring out a yellowish-gold...
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC – Simply Organic Ground Turmeric Root is sourced from India, Guatemala, and Nicaragua using organic and...
- PURE AND POTENT FLAVOR - Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that...
- ABOUT US - Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent...
- ★ 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜: Wild Turmeric, botanically called as Curcuma Aromatica is...
- ★ 𝐎𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 : This Organic Wild turmeric roots are produced by methods that comply with the standards of...
- ★ 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧:Wild turmeric powder aka Kasturi manjal...
- ★ 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐜𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤: Wild tumeric powder is also well known for...
- ★ 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞 : We stand behind our products. We know...
- USDA Certified Organic; Non-GMO Project Verified
- Vivid yellow-orange color and subtle, earthy flavor
- Easy-to-handle bottle for refilling spice jars
- DID YOU KNOW? This spice is essential to spice blends from the Caribbean and India
- From America’s #1 Herb and Spice Brand
- You'll LOVE our Turmeric Ground Root (CURCUMA LONGA) by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, No preservatives, Additives or Colors, All Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Friendly PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️Many other brands use a lesser grade known as "erode" which is 1-2%. Ours is north of 3% curcumin. This the IDEAL percentage...
- ❤️Now KOSHER! Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of...
- Black pepper enhances bioavailability of Turmeric
- A great way to have turmeric and black pepper together is Golden paste.
- "mi nature" is committed to producing the highest quality products and Natural Herbs that are sustainable sourced and fairly...
Things to Consider Before Buying Turmeric Powders
The vegan philosophy and diet are becoming increasingly popular, which is why many are looking for products not tested on animals.
Turmeric is often among these; in fact, you can find many brands that produce it with entirely natural ingredients, gluten-free, additives, or lactose. Those who care about their health will undoubtedly appreciate turmeric, especially in the kitchen.
On the other hand, the vegan diet eliminates many dishes from the menu. Therefore turmeric can be an excellent ingredient to season your meals and prepare tasty dinners for family and friends.
The same thing applies pharmacologically if you are looking for turmeric-based supplements. We advise our vegan readers to check the product sheet well to see if it is actually suitable for their diet, so as to avoid making a bad investment.
Often when looking at packs of turmeric powder or capsules, you will find this particular ingredient called Bioperine, wondering what it is. In a nutshell, Bioperine (or even Piperine) is a specific extract of pepper that enhances the already positive effects of turmeric.
For this reason, those who buy turmeric as a supplement may want to look for one with Bioperine, in order to increase the effectiveness of the cure.
Be careful, though, because if taken on an empty stomach, turmeric with Bioperine can cause heaviness and stomach pain. This is why it is ideal for taking it after meals, just as if it were a medicine. In any case, it is always good to check the package leaflet before swallowing capsules with this particular ingredient.
An Antioxidant Mix
The stress of everyday life, combined with nutritional deficiencies due to the frenzy caused by work and commitments, leads to exposing the body to ailments and also to premature aging.
Given the fact that medical advice is always recommended, you are opting for a supplement that strengthens your immune system is a winning idea also in view of the arrival of winter.
If you are looking for a product that is primarily anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, Nutridix is indicated for the complex it contains.
With 650 mg of turmeric, 50 mg of ginger, and 10 mg of black pepper it promotes blood circulation, improving problems such as inflammation and therefore also those affecting the joints, such as arthrosis and arthritis.
Ginger, in particular, also helps speed up the metabolism by allowing those who need it to integrate a fundamental element into a low-calorie diet.
Natural and For Vegans
If you are attentive to what you ingest, you will be pleased to know that this product is made of 100% natural ingredients and therefore free of additives that could cause problems for the most sensitive physicists.
Not only that, but the elements are also bio and GMO-free: no genetically modified organism, solely and exclusively what nature creates.
In addition, the product is gluten and lactose-free. Therefore it can be taken by celiacs as well as by those who are intolerant to dairy products. Those who are vegan can take the capsules without fear, as the jelly that contains the ingredients is of natural origin.
In essence, this product is designed entirely to meet the needs of a large slice of the public, who has different needs and cannot compromise with problems such as celiac disease.
But be careful not to expect miracles: in fact, it takes some time before you notice the beneficial effects that, however, do not always manifest for everyone.
A Substantial Supply
From an economic point of view, we can say that this article is very convenient if we consider the number of capsules and the selling price. In fact, in the package, you will find 120 pieces, which can last for two or four months, depending on the dosage chosen.
If you do not have heart problems, you can take two capsules a day. Otherwise, it is preferable to choose only one, since turmeric is not well tolerated in high doses by subjects with these pathologies.
The expense is not essential, therefore, but to be related to the duration of the purchase. In addition, the capsules are gastro-resistant, so they dissolve slowly and arrive with all the well-preserved active ingredients. Note also that the jar is dark, so it better preserves the substances contained in each tablet.
The Uses of Turmeric
Turmeric is characterized by its spicy aftertaste, at times slightly earthy, with bitter tips; therefore it is never consumed absolute, but as a condiment or as an aroma to give that exotic and robust taste to recipes.
The spice is also used in Ayurvedic medicine, to treat disorders of the gastro-digestive system and some skin diseases. It has managed to find a prominent place in traditional medicine too after some scientific studies have shown that the substance is able to slow down the reproduction of some cancer cells.
In addition, essential oil can also be extracted from the plant, used as a base for the preparation of many perfumes and cosmetics, and considered excellent for hydrating the skin.
Finally, it is often used for the dyeing of some fabrics and as a food coloring (E100), highly appreciated by vegans as a substitute for dyes of animal origin.
Turmeric is mainly characterized by its anti-inflammatory, healing and antibacterial properties, often used as a natural adjuvant to the body’s standard healing mechanisms, strengthening the immune system.
It also helps keep blood glucose levels in check and is often recommended as a food supplement during drug therapies for diabetes.
It can also be used to prepare infusions and drinks to purify the body of excess toxins, to improve digestion by stimulating bile production and to treat some inflammatory diseases of the intestine.
In short, it is a genuinely marvelous spice, whose benefits help to improve the general health of our body.
Precautions and Useful Tips
Although no particular contraindications are known, it is always necessary to pay close attention and take it in moderate quantities. In fact, being a spice with a strong and intense flavor, excessive use could cause gastric acidity, ulcers, kidney stones, and nausea.
Turmeric is often sold in powder form and, as with other spices, it may be subject to commercial fraud and counterfeiting.
It is not uncommon, in fact, that the product is sophisticated or even adulterated by adding other similar, but cheaper, and sometimes harmful to health substances, as in the case of lead oxide which gives it a more reddish color.
Our advice is to avoid buying the spice by weight, primarily if sold in containers or bags that do not allow the traceability of the food and to prefer sealed packages, where the list of ingredients and substances contained is present.
You can also buy fresh root, but in these cases, you will have to adjust well with the quantities because it tends to dry out and deteriorate very quickly.
Finally, if you are directed to turmeric tablets or food supplements, it is better to speak to your doctor first or at least read the package leaflet carefully.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Can You Buy Turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice available in different versions, to be chosen according to the final goal you want to achieve. It is a root. Therefore it is possible to buy it in this form directly from the fruit and vegetable counter, from the supermarket or from a supplied greengrocer.
In this way it is added to common preparations, to give color or for the typical slightly pungent flavor.
It can be purchased in powder form for the same purpose and can be found in the supermarket. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a supplement to add to your diet because of its properties.
It is good to choose the trusted products, both physical and online, in the pharmacies or herbalist’s shops, in compliance with the most stringent criteria.
Where Is Turmeric Produced?
The characteristics of the environment in which the plant develops do not make it possible to grow it in Italy. So it will always be an imported product. The tropical region is the one that par excellence favors the growth of this plant, also quite beautiful and exciting.
It, therefore, comes from India and other eastern regions but also from areas with a suitable climate in Latin America, such as Peru which is an established producer on a global scale.
At home, it is not impossible to reproduce plants starting from the rhizome, but it is necessary to guarantee a consistently warm and humid environment in order not to inhibit their growth.
When to Take and When Not to Take Turmeric?
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory; it is used almost as a universal remedy and its properties are widely documented. The action of curcumin is dominant and has low toxicity. Therefore it can be taken in nearly all cases and health conditions.
Given the full range of applications of the spice, it can be said that it can always be taken as long as it is in excellent health.
Those who have problems with the biliary tract, gallbladder, or know they have blood circulation and clotting problems should avoid taking turmeric supplements without consulting their doctor first.
When Does Turmeric Expire?
We are led to believe that spices never expire. Yet they are organic substances and therefore subject to decomposition like any other.
The fact that it has lost its water, as in the case of turmeric powder, slows down the spice’s decay process, but it is not entirely stopped. To be sure of keeping turmeric well, it is essential to make sure that you follow a few simple guidelines.
The spices, all, are kept in the typical glass jars, preferably with airtight closure, away from direct light and from the heat of the stove. In this way, their aroma is maintained longer, and their properties remain intact.
Are There Any Contraindications for Anyone Taking Turmeric?
As in everything, prudence is the best solution. Exaggerating in quantity or hoping for a miracle by increasing the frequency of intake or the doses, can only lead to severe consequences as in the recent case of hepatitis cases related to the consumption of turmeric-based supplements.
Each remedy must be taken only under the prescription of specialized doctors, therefore based on individual characteristics and the constitution of each.
There are cases in which the intake of turmeric is strongly discouraged, while in other circumstances, it is the abuse of the substance to cause unpleasant consequences. What matters is to follow the doctor’s instructions and follow the dosage indicated in each pack.