Paper cutters have gained widespread popularity in offices, mini printing houses, and photo salons. Despite the apparent simplicity of the torch design, choosing the right model is also not always so simple. Incorrect selection may result in crookedly cut paper or quick dulling of the cutter knives.
Cutters for everyday use in offices are most often represented by two types: disk and reciprocating.
The main advantages of the device in quick and even slicing. There is a wide variety of knives and scissors on the market, but why should a paper cutter be preferred? This is what is described in detail below. Here we will be listing the top 11 best paper cutters.
- Easy to use trimmer: Lite trimmer is simple and easy to use, with a sharp guillotine blade and a handy alignment grid. Built with a sturdy plastic base, it's also light enough for easy transport
- 12” Cutting length: With a 12” cutting length, it's a convenient choice for most common trimming tasks. Ideal for use in the home or at the office
- Cuts 10 sheets: Excellent for everyday use, this neat little trimmer cuts through paper, photos and more, cleanly cutting up to 10 sheets at a time
- Accurate cuts: Designed for accuracy, with an alignment grid for precision. Dual scale ruler, with marks in inches and centimeters, assists with measuring, regardless of which system you prefer
- Safety features: Guard rail keeps fingers safely away from the blade while it's in use. Blade latch hook securely locks the trimmer arm when not in use
- Professional Guillotine: Present the clean straight cutting along printed line. No drag! And easy to replace the blade when it become blunt.
- Size and Materials: Design to cut A3,A4,A5 Paper, Photos, Cards, Laminated Stuff (within 1.5mm) and more. Max cut 12 sheets paper (80g/m2) every time. Cut a little lesser prolongs blades' service life better.
- Accurate Measurement: With 45-degree to 90-degree angle measuring plate and cm/inch scale. Ensure to trim the angle and length you wanted.
- Portable and Safe: This cutter is lightweight and convenience. Only work when you press the blade, perfectly protect user especially children.
- Versatile Making: Your ideal cutting tool for making craft projects, wedding invitation cards and greeting card. Suit for home, office, and school.
- Commercial grade paper trimmer cuts up to 20 sheets at once
- Cut paper, film, and photographs with precision
- Perpetual Edge self sharpening system keeps blade sharp
- Heavy wood base provides a solid and stable platform for cutting
- Safety guard and latch
- EASY TO USE TRIMMER: Lite trimmer is simple and easy to use, with a sharp guillotine blade and a handy alignment grid. Built with a sturdy plastic base, it's also light enough for easy transport
- 15” CUTTING LENGTH: With a 15 Inches cutting length, it's a convenient choice for most common trimming tasks. Ideal for use in the home or at the office
- CUTS 10 SHEETS: Excellent for everyday use, this neat little trimmer cuts through paper, photos and more, cleanly cutting up to 10 sheets at a time
- ACCURATE CUTS: Designed for accuracy, with an alignment grid for precision. Dual scale ruler, with marks in inches and centimeters, assists with measuring, regardless of which system you prefer
- SAFETY FEATURES: Guard rail keeps fingers safely away from the blade while it's in use. Blade latch hook securely locks the trimmer arm when not in use
- Heavy-duty paper trimmer cuts up to 15 sheets at once
- Solid wood base and rubber feet provide stable platform for cutting
- Oversized rubber grip offers comfort and control
- Perpetual Edge self-sharpening system keeps blade sharp for every cut
- Safety guard and latch.Adjustable Paper Guide
- EFFORTLESS WAY TO CUT - Slice through paper without difficulty. Our paper slicer is simple to use. The guillotine cutter blade cuts thick papers like a hot knife cutting through butter.
- PRECISE CUTTING - Slice paper, cardboard, picture, cardstock, document page, and business cards accurately. This big 12" heavy duty paper cutter with handle has an alignment grid, letting you cut straight in one quick motion.
- TRIM MORE PAPERS AT ONCE - Our large paper cutting board can cut through 10 sheets at once. This paper guillotine's dual scale ruler has inch and centimeter markings for more seamless cutting and trimming.
- SAFETY FIRST - We equipped our paper cutter guillotine with a guard rail to keep fingers safe from the blade. You can also secure the paper and photo cutter when not in use with the blade latch hook.
- PORTABLE STRAIGHT EDGE CUTTER - Our sheet cutters and trimmers are convenient for various trimming needs. Use it as a business card cutter, or as a paper cutter for scrapbooking.
- Carbide blade provides smooth operation
- Cuts up to 10 sheets of standard 20-pound bond paper
- Cuts mat board, card stock, plastic sheets, etc; ideal for home office functions or craft projects
- Up to 11 different cutting blade patterns available -sold separately
- Limited lifetime warranty -excluding blade and cutting mat
- Everyday portable paper trimmer with 12-inch guillotine-style, self-sharpening steel blade; ideal for home or office
- Cleanly cuts up to 10 sheets of 20-pound paper at a time; sharp enough to accurately trim cardstock, construction paper, photos, and more
- Guardrail keeps fingers a safe distance from the blade; when not in use, trimmer arm can be secured in place, fully hiding the blade
- Durable plastic base with white 1/2-inch gridlines (0.5 by 0.5 inches) and a printed ruler (in inches and cm) that allow for reliable alignment and precision cuts
- Measures 17.7 by 14 by 2.6 inches; weighs 1 pound; backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of crafting materials including paper, photos, scrapbook pages or specialty materials
- Widest base on the market (6 1/4 inch) makes card cutting easier than ever
- Sure Cut wire cut-line makes it easy to see where blade will cut for unmatched accuracy
- Patented Triple Track System interlocks blade and rail for cuts that are straight and steady, never curved or wobbly
- Self-Self-leveling swing-out arm extends the measuring deck to over 15" to cut extra-large crafting materials with precision
- PROFESSIONAL - The newly designed paper cutter, with upgraded steel structure and unique alignment grid design, is more durable and reliable than other paper cutters.It is very suitable for cutting paper, photos, pictures, labels, cards and more paper products.
- HIGHT EFFIENCY - Max Cuts, cuts up to 12 sheets of paper at a time to make your paper trimming more efficiency, neat and accurate cutting, perfect for home, office, school, printing shops, photo studio.
- EASY TO USE - With dual paper guides and a new heavy-duty structure to increase stability when cutting paper, it helps to prevent the paper from accident shifting, and ergonomic handle increase grip and bring more comfort , easy to cut paper.
- ACCURATE AND SAFE - Designed for accuracy, with a unique alignment grid for precisio, and millimeters/inches scale helps to greatly reduce error to ensure an accurate measuring. The latch hook helps to lock the blade and prevent accident injury, offering the max safety and protection.
- NO RISK PURCHASE - Good quality and low price, while helping you to cut paper more confidently. 7/24 friendly customer service, your satisfaction is a top priority for us, feel free to contact us if there is any issue with our paper cutter.
- [Easy to use]: Align by grid lines on the board, one hand press the handle to fix the paper, the other hand presses the orange square and slides up and down along the transparent ruler, then you can cut paper straight
- [Blade design]: The mini blade on the paper cutter is so sharp and durable that the cutting process is smooth. And the blade works only when you press it, the blade hidden design protects the user, especially children
- [Size and capacity]: 14.2'' long, 5.3'' width, and only 0.35 pounds making it easy to carry and store. 12 inches paper cutting board means that you can put a variety of size paper in, like A4, A5, and so on
- [Non-slip]: For a better experience, there are several round sponge mats on the bottom of the paper cutter to ensure that it is not easy to slip when cutting paper.
- [Good choice]: Useful design, stylish appearance, is an essential tool for home, office, school, studio, come buy it!
Buyer Guide to Choose Best Paper Cutters
The main advantage of the disk cutter is the high precision of the cutting line. Most often, such cutters are acquired when accuracy is first required, not performance.
The number of cut sheets for basic models should not exceed ten layers and for more advanced 20-30 sheets. Cutters can be submitted for work in the A5, A4, A3 formats. At the same time, a larger A3 cutter can cut smaller A4, A5, and other forms.
In daily work, roller cutters are not used with maximum load. Usually, 1-2 sheets or photographs are cut; this provides the best quality of the cut and the optimal degree of wear. At maximum capacity, the wear of a circular knife increases tenfold, and it can become dull in a few days.
If you plan to cut the paper in stacks of 10 sheets, it is better to immediately choose a knife with a maximum load of not ten sheets, but at least 20. Such a cutter will be a little more expensive, but in the end, it will even save thanks to the more extensive resource of a more powerful cutter.
These are considered universal, and the most powerful, the maximum batch of cutting reaches 50 sheets, most often 20-30 sheets. They are used for cutting medium runs of paper in copy centers and offices. Cope with cutting a wide range of materials, such as paper, foil, cardboard, tracing paper, leather.
According to the principle of operation, the reciprocating cutter resembles scissors. A sharp knife is fixed on one edge, and a handle is located on the other corner.
To avoid injuries, manufacturers added a protective casing to the design, for greater efficiency, many models provided a counter-knife.
Despite the sharpness of the knife, the accuracy of cutting with saber cutters is less than with disk ones. The larger the batch of cuts, the lower the efficiency.
This can be corrected by reducing the circulation of reductions, but labor costs will increase accordingly. For cutting large batches of business cards or small format printing products, this type of cutting is impractical.
A significant drawback of the reciprocating cutter is the difficulty of sharpening a knife. The saber knife has an ellipsoidal shape, so simple sharpening will not work. To sharpen knives of this shape requires expensive equipment, this is due to not the small price of new blades.
Despite all the shortcomings, the type of reciprocating cutting is prevalent and widespread due to its compactness and low cost of the device.
Roller (disk) Cutters.
Used in offices, photo studios, advertising agencies. They allow you to cut a batch of up to 20 sheets evenly (without offset), a suitable option for cutting small print runs and trimming.
The principle of operation is to move the cutting element along with the guide. The cutting element is located in a protective casing that moves along the rod.
A counter-knife (metal plate) is installed on the working table; when cutting, the cutting line is located between the cutting element and the counter-knife. This method allows you to cut small amounts of paper without significant deviations inaccuracy.
The disadvantage is the deflection of the rod (the longer it is, the faster the deflection will appear) and the formation of gaps between the disk and the counter-knife.
The advantage of disk cutters is the ability to work with large paper sizes, up to the A0 format. The disk design allows you to combine several useful functions in one device: cutting, jogging, curly edge.
The cutting element (disc) wears out quickly, so manufacturers produce a wide range of components, both for flat and figured cutting at a relatively low cost. Replace the cutting tool is not difficult. Because of the ease of maintenance and low cost, roller cutters are popular in small printing houses and offices.
The design of disk cutters has not changed for many years. Most manufacturers produce models that differ only in design and name. The use of particular technologies in cutters allows you to distinguish yourself from competitors. Fellowes, for example, focuses on technology for maximum security and usability.
Fellowes cutters utilize SafeCut Cartridge circular knives. The circular blade is placed in a particular cartridge, which cannot be cut in the closed position.
The knife extends only during cutting. Thanks to the safe design of SafeCut Cartridge, the torch can be used not only in offices but also in schools and children’s clubs. Also, the cartridge can be quickly replaced in case of a dull knife.
In addition to the usual direct cut, Fellowes cutters can be equipped with three additional cartridges that provide wave cutting, creasing, and perforation. For secure storage, the Fellowes Electron, Proton, and Neutron cutters are fitted with cartridge storage slots.
Guillotine cutters are designed for printing houses and offices with high turnover. The device takes up a lot of space and has an impressive weight.
A heavy knife and robust design allow you to cut the circulation of 200 sheets. The principle of operation of the guillotine cutter is not quite similar to the well-known guillotine. In addition to the straight cut, manufacturers modified modern models and introduced the possibility of cutting obliquely.
The advanced design adds efficiency to the device and allows you to cope with large volumes of paper. A critical advantage should be attributed to the high precision of the cut, which saber cutters cannot boast of. Modern models are equipped with illuminated cutting lines, optical rulers, and vernier.
In all seriousness, manufacturers approached the issue of security, as far as history knows, the guillotine is a rather traumatic (to put it mildly) device.
For this reason, most of the presented models are equipped with photosensitive sensors that immediately stop the knife when foreign objects get on the cutting line. Small desktop models are equipped with a protective cover.
The advantage of the design is the ease of maintenance and reasonable expenses for the replacement of parts (knives). Guillotine cutters allow you to remove the blade and re-sharpen in workshops.
Large and heavy knives are less susceptible to wear, deformation, chips. After several “artisanal” sharpening of the sword, it is recommended to purchase a new one.
In addition to the knife, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the Marzan – a bar located on the working surface along the cut line.
Typically, Marzan is made of plastic or wood, serves to mitigate the impact of the guillotine, and prevents damage and rapid blunting of the blade. Marzan is the same consumable as the knife is commercially available, and is easy to replace.