The working world implies the management of documents, and these are often to be eliminated for reasons of space or privacy. The paper shredder is the solution to this concern. By now all companies have them in their offices. They are practical and fast and if you have come this far, the need to have one for you has probably arisen.
Even at home, it often happens that you have to clean the archive of long-standing documents and receipts, and cutting them one by one is not fun and even less practical. The shredder can really make you comfortable, but do you know this machine? If not, don’t worry.
Here we had listed out the best and latest quality of paper shredders that are given below.
- Cross-cut shred size: turns paper into small confetti-like pieces measuring 3/16 by 1-27/32 inches (5 by 47 mm); meets security level P-3 standards
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 8 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys credit cards (one at a time)
- Run time and thermal protection: 3 minutes on / 30 minutes off; if shredder runs continuously beyond the max run time, it will automatically shut off to protect the motor from overheating
- User-friendly design: 3-mode control switch (auto, off, reverse); overheat LED indicator; 8.7-inch paper-entry width; easy-to-empty 4.1-gallon bin with see-through window
- Support and warranty: please refer to user manual, troubleshooting guide, and instructional video before use; the user guide on this detail page covers issues related to the shredder turning on
- Crosscut paper and credit card shredder destroys your sensitive documents
- Shreds credit cards, paper clips and staples
- 8-sheet capacity
- 8.7-inch throat width
- Measures 12 x 7 x 16 inches
- Crosscut with 12 sheet capacities; destroys credit cards and small paper clips
- Shreds paper, credit cards into small pieces (3/16 by 1-9/16 inches), security level P-3
- Nonstop 3-minute continuous run Tim
- Overload and thermal protection, 4-mode power switch (auto-off-reverse-forward)
- 5.2-Gallon wastebasket with LED indicator lights standby/ overheat
- Cross-cut Shredder: Home office shredder with 6-sheet capacity without removing staples, shreds paper into tiny pieces measuring 13/64 x 1-37/64 inches (5x40mm) in a short time.
- Overload And Overheat Protection：The Bonsaii Paper shredder will run continuously for 4 minutes before needing a 40-minute cool-down.
- High-Security P-3 Level: Shredder for home office which can destroy clips, staples, and credit card (one at a time), receipts, bills and important document. Maximize the security of your personal information.
- Convenient Design: Portable handle with 3.4 gallons transparent window bin makes it easy to see when it is full.Auto Start And Manual Reverse makes easy work of clearing any paper jams easily.
- Moderate size (14.1 x 11.8 x 7 inches) make it practical as using in small home office or business office. Bonsaii paper shredder comes with a 1 year limited warranty and provides 7x24 hour online service.
- Micro-cut shred size: turns paper into tiny confetti-like pieces measuring 5/32 by 15/32 inches (4 by 12 mm); meets high security level P-4 standards; shreds 6X smaller than standard cross-cut shredders (2,235 pieces vs. 360 pieces)
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 8 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys CDs, DVDs, and credit cards (one at a time, through dedicated slot)
- Run time and thermal protection: 5 minutes on / 30 minutes off; if shredder runs continuously beyond the max run time, it will automatically shut off to protect the motor from overheating
- User-friendly design: 4-mode power switch (auto, off, reverse, forward); LED status indicators (bin full, door open, overload, overheat, power on); 8.7-inch paper-entry width; easy-to-empty 4-gallon pull-out bin; casters included
- Support and warranty: please refer to the user manual, troubleshooting guide, and instructional video before use; backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
- Continuous running time up to 60 minutes without stopping with an advanced cooling system and patented cutting technology.
- Cross-cut shredder up to 18 sheets(Letter Size, 20lb) at a single pass, shreds paper into tiny particles measuring 13/64 x 1-37/64 inches (5 x 40mm); shreds credit cards and staples as well.
- 62 dB low noise level will give you a quiet and smooth shredding experience and 4 casters for convenience moving to anywhere you want.
- 6 gallons pull-out wastebasket capacity for less frequent and easy emptying; the transparent window makes it easy to see when it is full.
- Auto start and auto-reverse function protect you from the frustration of paper jams; overheating and overloading protection technology keeps sustainable using and prolong shredder's lifetime.
- [ 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper,Solid Cutters and Professional Steel Blades,Practical Gifts for Women and Men ]This professional Home office shredder accepts up to 12 sheets of paper at a time and shreds them into small pieces 5/32 x 15/32 inches (4x12mm), security level P-4. Nitrided steel knives are sharp and broken quickly and efficiently break paper to pieces,tiny pieces for superior security on highly confidential documents to help keep your information safe.
- [ Provides Powerful Side Shredding,Destroys credit cards and CDs/DVDs ] With advanced blades Knives made of nitrided steel are durable and carefully processed.Shreds paper, clips, staples, credit card (one at a time), bills,ATM receipts, pay stubs, junk mail and other inportant and important document meets your diverse home and small office needs. tiny and unreadable particles increasing sensitive data security for personal.
- [ Overload and Overheat System & Auto Shut-Off &Paper Jam Protection System ] The main body is covered with a multi-dimensional sensor with intelligent thermal protection. The shredder will automatically shut off to protect the motor if it runs continuously beyond its maximum run time and begins to over-heat.The Reverse function makes it possible to retrieve un-shredded or partially shredded documents, making it easier to avoid frustrating paper jams.
- [ Easy Operation with One-Switch Control & Quality Materials ] Continuous shredding at full load for 20 minutes, high-speed shredding at 3 m/min, effective shredding depends on various hardcore indexes;User-friendly simple control panel, rejecting complex operation, three buttons, ON/OFF/REV, design with two card slots, one for plain paper card slot, one for DVD/CD/bank card slot, etc.The main body is made of top-notch ABS plastics, Solid enough to provide an ultra-long service life.
- [ 5.8 Gallons Cut Shredder suitable for Home Office use ]Personal office shredder, home office choice to solve the cumbersome problem of large shredder, can be used as a trash can, more convenient.Cut shredder is equip with pullout bin which can hold up to 5.8 gallons of waste. It also has a small transparent window, allowing you to easily know when it is time to empty it.
- Shreds credit cards and CDs / DVDs
- Auto start/ stop. Thermal protection / Overheat protection
- Jam-Remover (forward) and Manual reverse for cleaning paper jams
- Extendable arm to fit over most waste baskets (Max length is 15" or 38.1 cm)
- Shred Paper Capacity: 8 sheets of 20 lb. bond paper
- Heavy duty shredder keeps working up to 30 minutes without stopping based on the patented cooling system, destroys about 3500 sheets of paper, ideal for your large office and home use
- Crosscut paper shredder for home office, max 14 sheets of paper shredding capacity (letter size, 75g/m²), shreds paper into tiny particles measuring 13/64 x 1-37/64 inches to your personal information safe
- Jam proof system with auto start/stop and manual reverse functions, helps you clean up the paper jams easily and free from the frustration of jamming
- 4.8 gallons pull-out wastebasket for less frequent and easy emptying, and the transparent window makes it easy to see when the bin is full of paper scraps
- Overheating and overloading thermal protection with LED indicators, 1-year limited warranty, protects your interests all aspects
- Crosscut paper shredder with 10 sheets of shredding capacity (letter size, 75g/m²), shreds paper into tiny pieces measuring 13/64 x 1- 37/64 inches(5x40mm), destroys staples/credit cards(one at a time) as well
- Easy operation with light-indication, overheat and overload protection to help you use the shredder machine without worrying and prolong its lifetime
- 5.5 gallons large wastebasket capacity, can hold up to 320 sheets of paper, no need to empty the bin frequently, visible basket window, conveniently see when it is full, no worry to be jammed
- 4-minute continuous running time with 40 minutes cool-down time, this paper shredder for home office fulfills small office and home SOHO use
- Manufacture's 1-Year limited warranty protects your interests
- Paper shredder helps you keep yourself safe from identity theft
- Shreds up to 8 sheets at once at 9.7 feet per minute
- Shreds CDs and credit cards as well
- Basket Volume: 3.20 gallon plastic basket
- CD Shred Size: 1 3/8" wide strips
- High security micro-cut with 12 sheet capacities; destroys CDs, DVDs, credit cards and small paper clips
- Shreds paper, CDs, DVDs, credit cards into small pieces (5/32 by 15/32 inches), security level P-4
- Nonstop 60-minute continuous run time. Basket Capacity - 300
- Anti-jam auto-reverse to clear paper jams; ultra-quiet operation
- 5.0-Gallon pullout bin with LED indicator lights standby/ overheat/ bin-full/ overload/ door open status
Things to Consider Before Buying Paper Shredders
Shredders are the type of tool that, once purchased, we do not explain how we could do without it until then. They help us to be more organized and not to be afraid that sensitive documents or data will be lost. If you want to know more, continue reading this section, which deals with the most recurring doubts for users.
What Exactly Are Paper Shredders?
Shredders, also called shredders, are devices that destroy documents, sheets, or other material written in small pieces so that the information contained in them is inaccessible. Their main function, in addition to facilitating the organization of personal or workspace, is to ensure that confidential data is not collected or exposed.
How Do Paper Shredders Work?
Initially, paper shredders had a mechanical operating system. Today, perhaps due to the growing use of documents, both in the home and in the workplace, most of these devices are electric. This means that they need an energy source: it is therefore recommended to place the device near a wall.
Do the Paper Shredders Need to Be Installed or Configured?
Not at all. Although they are electrical devices, once positioned and attached to the current where you prefer, there is no need to do anything but a grind. Simply press the power button and insert the paper into the appropriate opening, so that the device starts working in the default cutting mode.
How to Choose the Appropriate Paper Shredder
There are devices or tools, which we can only use 100% if we have a clear idea of how we intend to use them. Paper shredders are a perfect example. The most suitable model is the one that best suits our needs. For this, it is good to ask yourself questions like the ones below.
- How much paper do we need to shred every day?
- What are the dimensions of the documents that we have to destroy?
- Do we need to get rid of something else besides paper documents?
- Will we leave the shredder in a fixed place or will we need to move it?
- Will we make frequent or occasional use of it?
Can I Insert Other Non-Paper Materials Into the Paper Shredder?
Although it sounds strange, yes. Although paper is the main material to be introduced in paper shredders, the truth is that the latest models allow us to destroy other materials, for example, thin cardboard, postcards, and transparent sheets. Some shredders are also likely to have special functions for CDs and DVDs.
What Is the Function of Reversing in A Paper Shredder?
Working daily with large volumes of paper, it is normal for paper shredders to stop working in the event of traffic jams. These are sometimes caused by the staples or clips that pass into the paper shredder. The inversion function allows, therefore, to operate the cutting mechanism in reverse to resolve any traffic jams and start using the device again.
What Safety Measures Do the Shredders Offer?
Using shredders is relatively easy, as has already been explained, but this does not mean that it does not need to pay attention to their operation. As with any electrical device, there is always the possibility of common accidents or failures. For this, there are safety measures to be observed.
- It must have the reverse function to avoid paper jams.
- The paper mill (the waste container) must have a safety cap that contains the shredded material when it is full.
- The paper shredder must stop automatically whenever it overheats.
- The safest models have access codes to access the paper mill, keeping waste away from unauthorized persons.
Do All Shredders Have Wheels?
Not everybody. This feature is very useful, as the wheels facilitate the movement of the device in the office or at home. If, for example, we do not use the paper shredder daily and we want to keep it aside, the fact of having the wheels allows us to move it to the position closest to the documents to be destroyed.
Do Shredders Contribute to Respect for The Environment?
Somehow yes, because they encourage recycling. Businesses and offices generate large quantities of garbage, mostly consisting of paper documents and cardboard objects. For this reason, with a shredder device, it is possible to shred sheets, papers, and other materials taking up less space and allowing them to be recycled more easily.
Should I Use Industrial Paper Shredders?
Usually yes, if we need it for large offices or companies, where the volume of paper destined to be destroyed is very high. These specialized devices collect waste from individual compartments and destroy them centrally. They can destroy between 100 kg and 2100 kg of paper per hour and even folders with metal parts.
Confidentiality of Data
If the primary goal of a shredder is to protect the confidentiality of the information contained in documents, it is best to make sure that it is actually capable of doing so.
Depending on the degree of security and privacy we need, it will be necessary to take into account the types of cuts made by the device, the size of the shredded pieces, and if it has, for example, an access code for the paper mill.
Dimensions and Mobility
The shredder patterns can be varied depending on your daily document management ability. The idea is that it functions as an accessory and, as such, goes as unnoticed as possible. For this reason, it is recommended to look for discreet models, which do not take up much space and which, if possible, have wheels to facilitate their movement.
Whether you use shredders at home or in the office, the essential is that they do not disturb our working atmosphere. Loud devices can make us lose focus and forget to pay attention to important things. For this, it is worth looking for models that have the silent mode. Over time, you will appreciate it very much!
Not all paper shredders have the same daily shredding capacity. Since this is their main function, it is advisable to think carefully about what daily management volume is needed to avoid destroying what is necessary. Some models have a very short activation period, which can slow down the work process.
As has been explained, many paper shredders can shred other materials besides paper. Since it is normal to have other types of waste in the office and at home, it is better to look for a versatile model, capable of helping us get rid of everything we want: for example, credit cards, CDs or DVDs, cardboard sheets and other materials.