The walkman cd player may have fallen into disuse according to users who are now accustomed to using other media, especially microSD and USB sticks on which to store their music.
However, there are still many people who have extensive collections of CDs, just like people who still prefer vinyl, therefore on the market it is possible to find players for this format, with dimensions, colours, functionalities and characteristics utterly different from each other.
Before proceeding with the purchase, therefore, it is essential to understand what your needs are, in order to be able to orient yourself towards a product that can be right for you. Take, for example, users who still have many CDs in their home, and the latter needs a player that allows them to listen to them efficiently and with a certain quality.
Here we had listed out the best walkman cd players that are present below.
- Portable personal CD player with 60 second anti-skip protection
- 1 pair of stereo ear buds included
- Stereo headphone jack with rotary volume control
- LCD display with low power indicator
- Runs on 2 AA batteries or external power adaptor (both sold separately)
- 【1400mAh Rechargeable Battery】The portable personal CD player comes with a 1400mh lithium battery. Don't need to use AA batteries or always plug the charger into the CD player any more. You can use the included USB cable to charge for it, full charge at about 4 hours. Portable and convenient for you to carry it anywhere you want to enjoying music
- 【Multifunctional】The CD player has various modern features. ASP: anti-shock system to prevent interruption of CD playback in case of vibration; DIR: All the files can be played back repeatedly for mp3; 5 Sound Effects: BBS, Pop, Jazz, Rock, Classic; 4 Play Modes: Repeat a track, Repeat ALL, Play first 10s of file, Play in random order
- 【More Compatibility】Widely compatible with CD, MP3 CD, CD-R, HDCD formats, AUX connected with all audible devices 3.5mm audio input, like connecting the speaker or headsets or car, this CD player gives you more choices to enjoy your favorite Music. NOTE: Please check whether your disc is rotating or not. If your disc format isn’t compatible, it won’t work
- 【Perfect Choice as a Gift】Small and handy music CD player with classic black color, smooth appearance with perfect LCD display. It is the best choice for music enthusiasts, language learners and expectant mothers, and the warmest gift for friends, family and children
- 【Warm Tips&Easy to use】Please check the "HOLD" switch is at which side, make sure the "HOLD" switch is in the "OFF" position before power on, please turn the power switch to OFF position if the player will no longer be used for a long time
- A DIFFERENT LISTENING EXPERIENCE. The KLIM Discman was designed to provide you with the most enjoyable listening experience. Because CDs provide loss-less audio quality, the experience is never complete without a good set of earphones. We've included the KLIM Fusion ear buds (more than 1 million units sold) to ensure that you can listen to your favorite albums with the best audio quality.
- ANTI-SKIP / ANTI-SHOCK PROTECTION: Who wants skips and interruptions when listening to their favorite music? We sure don't! The KLIM Discman is equipped with an anti-shock protection chip which provides you with uninterrupted playing by preloading the music for 100 seconds. This prevents any damage to your discs or cd player while using it on the go, commuting, doing sports, etc. Enjoy your favorite activities while listening to your CDs with no skips or interruptions!
- HOURS AND HOURS OF PLAYBACK. Forget about buying batteries every few days. The KLIM Discman is equipped with high-quality rechargeable battery. This saves you money and hassle in the long run, since you will not have to buy disposable ones every time they are depleted. In a matter of weeks, you'll spend more on batteries than the cd player. The KLIM Discman will save you money and save the environment. Simply, it's a solid investment.
- BUILT TO LAST + WARRANTY. We're commited to producing quality electronics using higher quality components, built to last, so you can expect this Discman to stay with you for many years. However, If you were to ever encounter any problem, you're covered by our 5-year warranty. Also, if you don't like the product when you receive it, you can return it within 30 days at no extra cost and receive a full refund. It's a completely risk-free purchase.
- CONVENIENT AND COMPATIBLE: In the world of CD Players, the KLIM Discman prominently stands on the top. Its modern design, quality electronics, and world-recognized ear buds (KLIM Fusion) give you an unmatched experience when listening to your music. The KLIM Discman is compatible with CD Audio, CD-R, CD-RW and MP3 playback; you can easily navigate your CD with the built-in digital display. It also has multiple EQ options to give you the best flexibility.
- Classic And Small - Classic design, small size 18cm*6.8cm*10.2cm , light weight, no Bluetooth, not Rechargeable, Use 2 x AA Batteries or USB Power Cable to Play.
- Anti-Skip/Anti-Shock Protection - This small Walkman CD player has Anti-shock Protection for uninterrupted music when moving, up to 45 seconds anti-skip protection for CD and 120 seconds anti-skip protection for MP3s.
- Perfect Compatibility - Widely compatible with CD, MP3, CD-RW Player formats, AUX connected with all audible devices 3.5mm audio input, this CD player gives you more choices to enjoy your favorite Music.
- Multiple Functions - Volume control, 3.5mm AUX output, LCD display, skip forward/back, play/pause, 5 Sound EQ effects(BBS, POP, JAZZ, ROCK, CLASSIC), more play modes: repeat a track, repeat all, play first 10s of file, play in random order.
- Perfect Choice as a Gift - Small and handy music CD player, smooth appearance with perfect LCD display. It is the best choice for music enthusiasts, language learners and expectant mothers, and the warmest gift for friends, family and children.
- 【Built-in Dual Stereo Speakers】This portable CD player is designed with built-in dual stereo speakers, so you don’t need to wear headphones all the time when playing music, which will reduce your ear fatigue. (this portable CD player also comes with a wire controlled earphone).
- 【1400mAh Rechargeable Battery】This CD player portable has a built-in a 1400mAh Li-ion battery, no need to use AA batteries or always plug the charging cable into the CD player when playing music. It gets fully charged in about 4 hours with included USB charging cable and last more than 12 hours when playing music at medium volume.
- 【Multi-function Modern CD Player】This portable CD player for car has a variety of modern features; ①ESP: Electronic Skip Protection system to prevent interruption of CD playback, 100 seconds anti-skip protection for CDs and 180 seconds anti-skip protection for MP3s, ②5 EQ Modes: BBS, Pop, Jazz, Rock, and Classic, ③4 Play Modes: REP 1, ALL, SHUF, INTRO, ④Key Lock, ⑤Last Memory, ⑥A-B Repeat Playback, ⑦Speed +/-.
- 【Wide Compatibility】This portable CD player with headphones is compatible with most CD formats, such as CD, CD-R, HDCD, MP3 discs, WMA audio files of CD and TF card files. AUX connection with all other audible devices via 3.5mm audio input, such as external speakers and cars with 3.5mm AUX jacks(Please note: this portable CD player does not support Bluetooth transmission, make sure your car audio system supports 3.5mm AUX input before purchasing).
- 【What You Get】1 x Portable CD Player with Speakers, 1 x 3.5 to 3.5mm AUX cable, 1 x Wire-controlled earphones, 1 x USB charging cable, 1 x Storage bag, 1 x User manual, 1 x Quick start guide, our worry-free 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.
- Sleep timer
- Supports Chapter Display in M4B-files, and MP3 Track Names
- Automatic scan or set your own root folder
- ♬【Wide Compatibility】Widely compatible with CD, MP3 CD, CD-R, HDCD formats, AUX connected with all audible devices 3.5mm audio input, like connecting the speaker or headsets or car, this CD player gives you more choices to enjoy your favorite Music. (NOTE: Please check whether your disc is rotating or not. If your disc format isn't compatible, it won't work)
- ♬【1400mAh Rechargeable Battery】The portable personal CD player comes with a 1400mh lithium battery and it can work about 12 hours after fully charged if play muisc at medium volume. Don't need to use AA batteries or always plug the charger into the CD player any more. You can use the included USB cable to charge for it, full charge at about 4 hours. Portable and convenient for you to carry it anywhere you want to enjoying music
- ♬【Multifunctional CD Player】The CD player has various modern features. DIR: All the files can be played back repeatedly for mp3; 5 Sound Effects: BBS, Pop, Jazz, Rock, Classic; 4 Play Modes: Repeat a track, Repeat ALL, Play first 10s of file, Play in random order
- ♬【Easy to Use】On the top, the disc player has an LCD display and buttons for playback and other functions. On the side, you can easily adjust the volume, switch on the key-lock by moving the slider to "HOLD" to prevent accidentally pressing the function keys. Great choice as a gift for expecting mothers, hardworking students, elders, good friends etc. It is the best choice for prenatal training, language learning, and studying etc
- ♬【Great Gift Choice】This portable music CD player come with compact size, stylish and smooth white appearance, perfect LCD display. It is an excellent choice for friends, family, children, or music enthusiasts, language learners!(NOTE: Please check the "HOLD" switch is at which side, make sure the HOLD switch is in the "OFF" position before powering on )
- 【Upgraded CD Player】Our portable CD MP3 player has a larger LCD Backlit display for easy viewing at night. (Ours screen:1.4*0.8 inch, Others:1.0*0.4 inch). And the larger buttons are easier and convenient for elderly people to operate. A great cd player for seniors, kids and people of any age.
- 【Anti-Skip and Rechargeable】 Enhanced anti-skip and anti-shock technology, no skipping even when you are shaking it, or driving on a bumpy road. You can use this portable compact cd player while driving, walking, running, sleeping, etc. Built-in 1400 mAh rechargeable battery, can support up to 15 hours of playback after a full charge.
- 【CD Player for Car】Our cd player works for cars that have a 3.5mm auxiliary port. (A USB port is NOT supportable). Plus, a supplied 3.5mm male-to-male AUX cable is given to connect this portable cd player with your car or any external speakers. With this portable cd music player, get more fun with your families on the road.
- 【CD Player with Resume Function】 This cd mp3 player has a resume function, it will start the place where you stopped last time. Long-press the PROG button on the cd player to turn on this feature. Our walkman cd player allows you to rearrange the tracks of your disc, you can set it to play your favorite songs only.
- 【Multi-functional CD Player】Excellent sound quality for you to enjoy all kinds of discs, such as CDs, MP3, CD-R, CD-RW, HDCDs. The volume is loud enough for elderly people to listen. You can also fast forward and back forward your tracks, great for kids when learning a new language or knowledge. We offer a 1-year warranty for this portable cd player!
- Hardcover Book
- Disney Book Group (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 128 Pages - 11/07/2017 (Publication Date) - Disney Press (Publisher)
What to Look for Before Buying Walkman Cd Players?
If the single CD with just over ten tracks is not for you and you prefer to save all your MP3s on a CD and listen to them later, perhaps in compilations created by you, you will necessarily need a player that supports this format.
Most are capable of reading CDs with MP3s, but not all of them have a USB slot for connecting external sticks and storage media.
Compared to CDs, USB sticks offer a significant advantage, and they rewrite quickly and manage to host a quantity of music that a single CD would never be able to contain.
So don’t forget to take this feature into consideration if you love having a music library at your fingertips without having to change the CD in the player continually.
The presence of a module for wireless communication is increasingly important nowadays since the music catalogues are moving on the web, in streaming format and sometimes even downloads.
Services such as Apple Music and Spotify are now top-rated among young people, and if you are part of the new generations, admittedly CDs will seem like Jurassic instruments.
However, there is no need to completely eliminate them from the purchasing possibilities as there are CD players equipped with a Bluetooth module that can also communicate with smartphones and tablets, receiving the music played in streaming and playing it on the speakers of the system. Keep in mind that wireless devices, however, have a slightly higher cost and are therefore not suitable for all budgets.
Finally, there is also another category of CD players, not necessarily for the music sector, or for PC. The new generation notebooks and desktop PCs, to be smaller and more compact, have renounced the internal CD players, which are also subject to breakages.
If you need it, you can opt instead for external CD and DVD players, connectable via USB cable.
They are very comfortable because they can always be carried with you without taking up too much space or, if you do not need them on an individual journey, leave them at home without their weight affecting that of the laptop you have with you.
The solutions are, therefore, multiple, and all guarantee different uses for different areas. You just have to do is choose the product that best suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Open the Walkman Cd Player?
CD players are exceptionally delicate, and sometimes it may take little to lock the tray, perhaps with a CD inside. So how do you open it despite repeated unsuccessful attempts? In fact, you can do this by following a few simple tips.
The first step is to press the physical button to see if the reader can unlock after a few repeated attempts.
If this does not happen, there is forced expulsion from Windows. By going to the Computer folder, you can right-click on the CD player drive and select the “Eject” item.
If the tray does not open even like this, there is the last alternative, the insertion of the end of a straightened paperclip inside the ejection hole present near the classic button.
This should force the tray to open. Otherwise, it could be the case to contact a specialized technician who will have to replace the defective unit.
Why Doesn’t the Player Read Cds?
A CD player is a very delicate device, consisting of a lens that scans the surface of the disc and makes it usable by the user. Over time, this lens is subject to degradation, and above all, if you do not clean it from time to time, dust and foreign bodies could accumulate, which make it challenging to read CDs.
The problem, of course, could also depend on the support. Often users do not take much care of their CDs, and it is easy for them to be very scratched, while even ruining the lens which tries very hard in an attempt to read the damaged surface.
If you want to understand why your player no longer reads some CDs, first check the integrity of the latter and, if they do not have problems, proceed to clean the player.
How to Clean the Cd Player?
Cleaning the CD player is a practice that should be done at least once a year, mainly if the system is not used frequently.
For the procedure, first, make sure that the tray does not contain any type of CD inside, then, with a manual air pump, blow air to remove any residual dust. Be careful not to use compressed air cans as intense pressure could damage internal components.
Cleaning the lens, on the other hand, should only be considered if the player no longer reads any type of CD. To access the glass, you must first disconnect any cable, open the reader and locate the small circular lens no larger than a smartphone camera.
Now with a microfiber cloth and a drop of isopropyl alcohol at 91% concentration, rub the lens very gently. With this procedure, the player should reread the CDs.
How to Use a Cd Player?
A CD player is a device that can be used for reading data, and many are available on the market at ridiculously low prices. The format was widely used as a substitute for floppy disks since it introduced the possibility of storing a considerable amount of data on a single drive that could take up very little space.
Over time, at least as far as data is concerned, the format has been replaced by DVD. However, they are still used as a medium for music data, being the cheapest format on the market.
Using a CD player is extremely simple, if you buy a radio, for example, with a built-in player, all you have to do is open the compartment, insert a music CD, and the tracks will start to be played in sequence. For computer CD / DVD players, however, it depends on the format.
If you have an external reader, just connect it via USB cable to your PC and start using the device. If you have purchased an internal reader, however, you will first have to turn off the PC, open the case and highlight the point for installation, by attaching the SATA cable to the slot on the motherboard.
When the PC is turned on, it should automatically download the drivers necessary for the operation, and you can use it for reading your CD and, often, DVD media.
How to Adapt and Use an Internal Cd-Dvd Player as An External Player?
If you have an old PC with an internal CD-DVD player and you, don’t want to throw everything away but try to save some components, know that there is a solution to do it, by spending negligible amounts.
This operation can be useful for those who have a Notebook PC since nowadays they are almost no longer sold with an integrated reader to avoid taking up too much space and making the device heavier than necessary.
The first step is, of course, to get the internal reader, then unmount it from your old PC. Next, you will have to buy a SATA-IDE USB adapter, available on the web, and a power supply, usually 220 V.
With this adapter, you can connect the SATA cable to your reader, and the other end to the USB slot, now you just have to connect the power supply. The whole operation should preferably be done with the computer turned off.
How to Replace the Laser Lens of The Cd Player?
If your attempts to clean the CD player lens are unsuccessful and your device continues to have trouble reading, it may be time to replace the glass in its entirety. This operation may seem complicated, but with a little patience and manual skills, you can return it without having to buy a new reader.
The first step is to disassemble the device, taking care to leave exposed only the reading module on which the lens is installed. Remember to set the screws aside following a pattern that you can reuse when you reassemble the product.
Once near the mainboard, disconnect the cables, data and power cables. Lifting the electronic part, you will find the mechanical part, where you will find the lens and the CD support. By unscrewing the four screws that hold it in place, you can remove the lens.
The lenses can be of two types, with interlocking support, to lock the CD, and with comfort, where the CD is free to turn in the space provided.
Make sure you buy the right model that is compatible with your device. Now all you have to do is insert the new lens and close the product following the diagram. Do not confuse the data cable with the power cable and check that they are connected in the correct slots before closing everything.