Hb Do you often find yourself needing to print documents when you’re not at home and have only your tablet or laptop with you? Then I think you need a portable laser printer. Have you never heard of it? No problem, let’s fix it right away.
As easily imaginable, portable printers are light and compact printers that can be battery powered and can be used on the move even when there is no electrical outlet available.
They are ideal both for professionals who need to print many documents “on the fly” and for photography enthusiasts who are looking for a quick and fast solution to publish their shots.
Here we had listed out some of the best and advanced portable laser printers that are present below.
- Portable Printer - M08F portable printers wireless for travel is compact,small and portable 80% than inkjet or laser printer.The...
- Never Need Ink Wireless Bluetooth Thermal Printer - Never have to worry about buying ink or toner again, PhoPRT M08F portable...
- Innovation Tattoo Stencil Printer - PhoPRT M08F not only a small thermal portable printer but athermal tatoo stencil printer...
- Wireless Bluetooth Printer - The thermal wireless label printer only need install the App on Phone or tablets and use Bluetooth...
- High Compatible Inkless Printer - PhoPRT M08F wireless portable printer adopts newest stable Bluetooth connect method and...
- Prints up To 27 ppm, automatic duplex printing.Printer doesn't have Wi-Fi capabilityIt prints Sharp, professional Black and white...
- 250 Sheet Capacity Paper Tray. A4 2-sided print speed-13. A4 standard print speed-26. Automatic 2 sided print. Recommended monthly...
- Windows 10 Compatibility: If you upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, some features of the installed drivers and...
- 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your machine
- This machine uses a USB connection ensuring your office runs smoothly with no complications. High Speed USB 2.0 Interface. Does...
- Exclusive HP plus model works only with original HP cartridges, internet connection, and HP account..Media sizes supported :...
- INCLUDES FREE HP plus SMART FEATURES – HP plus makes this printer Smarter with advanced features for mobile printing, security,...
- 6 MONTHS OF FREE CARTRIDGES – Includes 6 months free subscription for Instant Ink delivery service for lasers. After 6 months,...
- BEST FOR TIGHT WORK SPACES – Print high-quality black and white documents and forms
- WORLD'S SMALLEST LASER IN ITS CLASS – Efficient black and white precision laser printing that fits anywhere
- Wireless, Monochrome Laser Printer.
- Print up to 26ppm.
- Space-saving, compact design fits almost anywhere in your workspace.
- Print up to 8.5" x 14".
- 250-sheet maximum paper capacity.
- 2-sided Print
- Print up to 30 Pages Per Minute (BW)
- First Print Out in Approximately 5.3 Seconds (Letter)
- Up to 150-sheet Paper Capacity
- Uses Toner 071 (up to 1,200 pages) and 071 High Capacity (up to 2,500 pages)
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute.
- Dynamic features accommodate your evolving needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and...
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and sizes, such as card stock,...
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet.
- Connect your way. Versatile connection options with built-in wireless or connect locally to a single computer via its USB...
- FAST PRINT SPEEDS: Print up to 19 pages per minute.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Space-saving, compact design fits anywhere in your home, school or small office.
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: Print from almost anywhere in your workspace using your compatible mobile device.
- PAPER CAPACITY: Up to 150 sheets.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Uses less than 2 watts in Energy Saver mode.
- The world's smallest multifunction laser printer in its class, the HP LaserJet MFP M140we is perfect for printing black & white...
- Exclusive HP+ model works only with Original HP Cartridges, internet connection and HP account.
- BEST FOR TIGHT WORK SPACES - Print, scan, and copy high-quality black & white documents and forms.
- WORLD'S SMALLEST LASER IN ITS CLASS - Efficient black & white precision laser printing, scanning, and copying that fits anywhere.
- INCLUDES HP+ SMART PRINTING SYSTEM - HP+ makes your printer Smarter with advanced features that make it easy to print from any...
- Single function home laser printer. Fast and high definition printing up to 22ppm(A4) / 23ppm(Letter) in black and white. Support...
- Sleek design and compact size 337 x 220 x 178 mm (13.27'' x 8.66'' x 7.01'') fit nicely in any workspace. Metal frame structure...
- Easy one-step wireless installation. Connect with High-Speed USB 2.0 and WIFI. Mobile device printing with IOS and Android system,...
- Come with a 700-page starter cartridge (at 5% coverage based on ISO 19752 standard)
- 1-year standard warranty from the date of purchase. Pantum online customer service available
- Wireless Single Function (Print Only)
- 9 / 5.5 ipm Print Speed
- Compact and Portable
- Save Up To 5 Custom Templates
- Optional Battery Available
- Print & Charge: With the Kodak Dock Plus photo printer, you can dock and charge your phone and print your favorite photos...
- Lowest Photo Cost: Why pay more to print? Dock Plus is the most affordable option to print right from your home. The photos are...
- Superior Photo Quality: Kodak Dock Plus uses 4PASS Technology to print flawless photos. It prints in layers of color with a...
- Two Photo Types: You can choose between border and borderless type photos. Write down your memories in the border type so they...
- Download the KODAK Photo Printer application and print from anywhere at any time. It provides decorative features such as beauty,...
- Enables printing to many Canon printers
- Enables printing from print-capable apps directly
- Select print options from your device
- Chinese (Publication Language)
- 【Wireless & Support for Multi-Systems】PEDOOLO thermal printer prints wirelessly. For iOS, Android, and iPad, download the App...
- 【Versatile Compatibility for Platforms & Labels】The shipping label printer, a great assistant for online small business, is...
- 【High-res, High-speed and Massive-Volume】With a Japanese upgraded thermal print head, the label printer for shipping packages...
- 【Small & Smart & Efficient】The thermal label printer features automatic calibration & positioning, intelligent paper return,...
- 【Reliable Technical Support】PEDOOLO customer service team is available to assist you via phone, online chat, email,...
How to Choose Portable Laser Printers?
What It Is and What It Is Used For
The laser printing finds its precedent in xerography: the latter retains the methodology “dry,” that uses a copying machine and a separate processing unit.
Before the success of the laser printer, “inkjet” printers dominated the market, also facilitated by the lower cost compared to the prices of the first laser printers.
Today, the wider offer allows you to find “low cost” laser printer models, equally functional both for use in the office and at home.
The first practical advantage that this type of printer offers is that, by not using cartridges with liquid ink (likely to dry out over time), it can be left inactive without fear of not being able to use it when needed.
But basically, the speed and quality of execution of a laser printer are revealed, with use, clearly superior, especially in black and white printing.
A laser printer is also able to withstand high work rates, maintaining constant functionality, and thus optimizing processing times.
If we want to find a defect in the laser printer, we can refer to its dimensions: it is generally quite cumbersome, and this can be a factor of discomfort when choosing computer peripherals.
However, this is a problem that can be resolved logistically, surely compensated by an indisputable efficiency.
How Does It Work
As in inkjet printers, the laser printing technique also involves the use of toner, a pigment composed of the mixture of carbon powders and polymers, but, in this case, the toner acts in synergy with the action of a laser beam.
The image to be reproduced is brought back by the laser over a photosensitive selenium cylinder (called “magnetic roller” or “drum”).
Due to the effect of light, the drum loads acquires the negative image, and deposits the toner on the sheet of paper, creating the print.
The result: superior quality of execution, accurate work quickly, even faster in monochrome. And, especially in the latter case, the cost of recharging will also be lower.
Printer for Documents or Photos
The first important distinction that needs to be done is that of document printers and photo printers.
The printers intended for the production of documents using an inkjet system like the most common home printers.
They are almost always able to print in color and ensure excellent performance also about the printing of graphic content.
Photo printers, on the other hand, use a defined thermal sublimation system in which solid-state polymers are treated with heat to pass into the gaseous state and imprint the colors on the sheet.
The exciting thing about this system is that it does not require cartridges. However, it requires a photographic paper, which can be particularly expensive.
Also, it should be noted that photo printers do not allow you to print documents more considerably than the classic 10x15cm photo format. Therefore, for example, they do not allow the creation of A4 papers.
In contrast, inkjet printers are often able to print photos but with a lower quality than thermal sublimation printers.
Laser printers would also be suitable for the production of documents, which, as you may already know, allow you to print many documents in series at high speed. Still, in the portable field, they are practically impossible to find.
Standard Printer or Multifunction Printer
As well as traditional “from home” printers, portable printers can also be divided into standard printers, which offer only the printing function, and multifunction printers, which instead also include a scanner and therefore, can be used to make photocopies and scans.
As can be easily guessed, multifunction printers are only inkjet type (therefore mainly designed for text documents, even if often equipped with photographic paper support) and cost more than the standard ones.
It’s up to you to decide whether it’s worth considering them based on your budget and your printing needs.
Before purchasing a printer, carefully evaluate its performance, i.e., the speed it uses to print documents and photos and the maximum resolution that the prints obtained can have.
The print speed is expressed in ppm (pages per minute) or ipm (images per minute) for documents and only in seconds for photos (e.g., 40 seconds to obtain a 10x15cm print).
The ppm and ipm values vary depending on whether you are printing in color or black and white (black and white prints are faster) and depending on whether the printer is powered by a power outlet or battery (battery power may decrease printer performance somewhat).
The resolution of the prints is indicated in DPI (dots per inch) and, as can be easily guessed, the higher and sharper the contents printed on the sheet.
It is good to point out that there are almost always two PPE values: a real one that the printer can guarantee with its internal mechanics and an “inflated” one that is achieved thanks to optimization and image enhancement systems.
The same can be said for scanners integrated into multifunction printers, which have two resolutions (always measured in DPI): one elementary, real, and one increased through various technologies for image improvement.
Most portable printers support Wi-Fi connection so that you can use it wirelessly with smartphones, tablets, and PCs using any Wi-Fi connection, but some only work via USB cable.
The most advanced models support Wi-Fi Direct technology, thanks to which the printer can communicate wirelessly with other devices (e.g., smartphones and tablets) without having a router or a Wi-Fi support network, and cloud printing services which allow you to order prints from any workplace via the Internet.
Supported Paper Sizes
Most document printers (inkjet printers) support sheets up to A4 size, while photo printers, as already mentioned above, generally stop at 10x15cm format.
That said, if you have special needs and want to print on particular formats of sheets, before opening the wallet, make sure that these are supported by the printer you would like to buy.
Remaining always on the subject of sheets, I advise you to check the presence of a component such as the ADF, which on the most advanced portable printer models allows you to load the sheets for printing automatically.
Power Supply and Autonomy
Portable printers are such as they can also work via rechargeable batteries. The batteries, however, are not all the same.
Before buying a portable printer, you would do well to evaluate the performance of its battery, that is, the autonomy that it can guarantee, and to understand if this is supplied “standard” with the printer or must be purchased separately.
Another essential feature to check before buying a printer is its compatibility with the smartphones, tablets, and computers that are used. Purchasing a printer and then finding yourself unable to use it due to the lack of compatible apps or drivers would be a shame!
Other features that I recommend you consider when choosing a portable printer are the presence or absence of a display to adjust print settings on the fly.
The availability of SD card slots and USB ports for uploading documents to be printed without going through a PC, smartphone, or tablet.
The cost of cartridges and spare paper for the printer; the automatic double-sided support to print the sheets on both sides automatically and, obviously, the weight and size of the printer, which can significantly affect its degree of portability.