Welcome to our article dedicated to the screwdriver set. You probably don’t know that the first clues to the use of the screwdriver date back to the 15th century. No wonder it is one of the most used and most common tools. Surely you have some around a few drawers, don’t you? For this reason, it is always useful to have a complete set at home.
Screwdriver sets are one of the best options if you want to have the right tool at the right time, and you can’t miss one in your toolbox. Apparently, it might seem that the screwdrivers are all the same, but in reality, it is not so, and, on the market, there are many different models, which are characterized by robustness, versatility, and different peculiarities.
As much as technology advances and electric screwdrivers exist to date, classic screwdrivers remain an excellent option in most cases. They are comfortable, resistant, reliable, and cheap. To make the best possible purchase, we will explain everything you need to know about screwdrivers in the following section.
If you are looking for the best screwdriver sets and want to know how to choose it, keep reading our guide!
- High strength chrome vanadium steel shafts reduce wear-outs and stripping for longer tool life
- Corrosion and rust resistant chrome plating finish provides durability and longevity
- Precisely machined and magnetized tips for easy holding fasteners to start screwing and also prevent fasteners dropping after unscrewing
- Swivel end cap allows constant finger pressure while driving and non-slip rubber handle grips for maximum turning power
- Set includes total 9 pieces mini screwdrivers: (3) Phillips #0, #00, #000; (3) Slotted 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm; (3) Torx Star T-5, T-6, T-7
- Electronics screwdriver with concealable tips and a pocket clip for easy pocket storage
- Four different tips in one tool, includes #0 and #00 Phillips plus 1/8-Inch and 3/32-Inch slotted tips
- Rotating cap for optimum and precise control
- Versatile interchangeable barrel has both a short and long side
- Cushion-Grip handle for maximum comfort when working on small equipment
- Precision screwdriver set includes 39 bits for various applications including repair of most Apple products.
- Powerful magnets inside barrel to better retain bits, as well as pick-up and hold fasteners.
- Reversible barrel has standard and extended-reach ends.
- Compact carrying case features a stay-shut latch and extra-long bits for easier access.
- Spin cap offers optimum and precise control Industrial-strength heat treated bits
- Electronics Screwdriver with four different non-magnetic tips in one tool, includes #0 and #00 Phillips plus 1/8-Inch (3.2 mm) and 3/32-Inch (2.4 mm) Slotted tips
- Rotating cap for optimum and precise control
- Corrosion-resistant chrome plated barrel that includes two double-ended bits that exceed ANSI standards
- Cushion-Grip handles for maximum comfort when working on small equipment
- Heat treated precision ground tip for greater strength
- 【6 Different Size】: 2PCS Phillips sizes (#0, #1); 4PCS Flathead sizes (1.4mm, 2.0mm, 2.4mm, 3.0mm); Our mini screwdriver set is a good choice for your jewelry repair, watch repair, eyeglasses repair and other small screws fixing. It is helpful for your daily usage.
- 【Easy to Carry】: The mini screwdriver set was packed in a plastic storage case to help you keep the screwdriver organized and even easier to carry it in your bag.
- 【Premium Quality】: Our precision screwdriver set are made of premium chrome vanadium steel material, Hardened carbon steel shafts with black oxide finish, durable and corrosion resistant. The screwdriver is slim and perfect design for small screws.
- 【Rotary Design】: End cap used rotary design, the rotation is flexible and the gap is closely combined while use, comfortable hand feeling. Spinning end caps design makes it super easy to remove or fix the screws.
- 【100% Guarantee】: All our products come with a life-time warranty. Please contact us if you have any problem.
- BEST COMBINATION: This electronics repair toolkit has 111 different screwdriver bits, solid and flexible shaft, 1/4 inch screwdriver adapter, complete pry tools set, ESD tweezers, etc. You can fix everything electronic, such as repairing computer and laptop by yourself to protect privacy or replacing the electronics screen and battery. Completely re-engineered to provide all the tools that you need, and none that you don't.
- WIDE APPLICATION: Kaisi 126 in 1 small screwdriver set with case is a professional repair tools kit for Computer, PC, Laptop, MacBook, iMac, Tablet, iPad, iPhone, Game Consoles, PS4/Xbox Controller, Watches, Glasses, Camera and other electronics. Whatever you are a professional or amateur in the IT world, you can easily use this electronics tool kit to repair phones, computers and laptops. This helpful repair kit is also as a cool and decent gift for your friends, father, husband, son, etc
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: All bits are made of high quality CR-V steel by vulcanization, it's hardness can reach over HRC62°, which is harder than the ordinary steel material and more durable, all of standard size bit undergo the rigorous quality control testing, the tip is stable and not easily stripped.
- HUMANIZED DESIGN: Ergonomic and press & push design handle, it is comfortable to hold even for the long-time use. For the bits that are often used in repairing electronic products, have 2pcs or 3pcs or 4pcs in this set, allows you to avoid damage due to repeated use need to buy a new replacement, save your money. And this precision set comes with a storage bag which is made from oxford, offering a whole protection, easier storage and carrying.
- CUSTOMER FIRST: Customer satisfaction is our TOP Priority. If you don't like it or it has any issues with the quality or type, you can return it within 30 days, and we provide you the warranty of lifetime to this item. Our products are not satisfactory to every customers, but we will do our best to help every customer solve any problem. So please don't hesitate to contact us.
- 115 combos premium screwdriver set with magnetic bits. Well-built handy toolbox - best gift for men in Christmas, New Year and other festivals.
- Multipurpose small screwdriver kit, The neat little toolbox has everything you need for household appliances, car repair, repairing laptops, smartphones, Watches, and other electronic devices.
- With a professional and well-organized storage case, The placement position and the size of the accessories are consistent that stops them from falling out.
- Screwdriver head made of chrome vanadium has a hardness of 55-60hrc and the bit section can pivot up at the press of a button for easier access to the bits.
- Best choice 115 in 1 portable screwdriver set Includes 1 small screwdriver, 100 precision bits, and 14 other necessary screwdriver accessories.
- [12IN1 PRECISON REPAIR TOOL KIT]:This is a 12in1 precision repair tool set, including 12pcs frequently and widely used torx security,phillips and flathead screwdrivers which are must have tools for household use.
- [WIDELY APPLICATIONS]: This tool kit widely used for xbox controller,PS3,PS4,laptop,computer, game consoles,Mac mini,pocket knife,eyeglasses,sunglass,watches,jewelry and many electronics repair.
- [MAGNETIC SCREWDRIVER SET]: All magnetic screwdriver bits make it perfect to hold and handle tiny screws in case of missing or dropping, magnetized tips.
- [DURABLE CONSTRUCTION]: The precision screwdriver bits are made of good S2 steel, specially hardened with heat treatment which is more precise and durable than silver colored CRV bits,high quality for long time use. Ergonomic design, nice screwdrivers.
- [NON-SKID FLEXIBLE HANDLES]: The long handle is made of TPR and PP material which is non-skid with flexible cap, easy and pretty comfortable to grip in hand and convenient to use for different kinds of electronic repairs, orange and black color handle.
- 【Suitable for All Types of Computer Repair】122 and 1 professional repair screwdriver set is formed by thousands of repair data refining, with the most complete 101 interchangeable magnetic bit and 21 utility tools. Suitable for the maintenance of various types of laptop, computer, macbook, mobile phone, tablet, Xbox controller and other electronic devices.
- 【Improve Repair Efficiency】Professional computer repair kit with 21 utility tools. The magnetic pad can absorb the small screws removed during maintenance, so that it can be fixed on the magnetic pad in order. The flexible shaft can bend freely in the narrow and hard-to-reach area, which is the ideal choice for three-dimensional work. Magnetometer can adjust the magnetism of screwdriver bit to solve the problem of insufficient or excessive magnetism.
- 【Long-term Use】98 high-precision magnetic batch heads are made of high-quality chrome-vanadium alloy mixture, with 3 additional T6,T8 and T10 bit made of S2 steel, with high hardness and good toughness. The flexible shaft is made of high quality plastic material with high toughness and flexibility. The handle adopts ergonomic design, with anti-slip function, making the work easier and more comfortable. High quality material, careful design, to ensure that the tool set has a long service life.
- 【Professional Bit Combination, maintenance of various products】By the professional maintenance team carefully selected 16 models, 101 different sizes of batch head, suitable for most computer products on the market. High precision screwdrivers include inner hexagon *13, slot *13, phillips *12, torx*12, torx with holes*11, Y-type *7, outer hexagon *7, inner quadrature *6, pentagram *6, pozidriv *5, inner triangle *4, U-type *3, outer plum *2, SIM card slot pin, MID and PH2 model lot.
- 【Portable and Easy to Store】Double-sided storage structure design with high utilization, each screw or tool has its own fixed position to avoid loss. Compact cuboid appearance, easy to place bags to carry out, but also easy to store in the office, home goods workplace.
- Exact Fit Precision Machined Tips
- Special high performance CRM-72 Tool Steel
- Vapor Hard Chromed Satin Non Slip Tips
- Through Hardened For Maximum Durability
- Longest Tool Life, Highest Performance
Things to Consider Before Buying best Screwdriver Sets
Why Do You Need to Have a Screwdriver Set?
Screwdrivers are among the most widely used tools worldwide and in all professional fields. Today, sonic screwdrivers are also designed for surgical and orthopedic operations. Having a complete set of screwdrivers ensures that you will fulfill the major domestic and professional tasks.
A complete set of screwdrivers will put you in the best conditions to face any activity. To do this, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The screws must be suitable for the size and shape of the screwdriver head.
- Never use screwdrivers for other activities, as they may break or force the tips, making them unusable.
- The best screwdriver sets should have a magnetized tip because this will simplify some operations.
Types of Screws
It all started with the production of precision lathes for mass production. In the absence of a standard of quality and production of screws (because these have been used since ancient times), each inventor and manufacturer forged their own screws, with their own threading and a measure to taste.
Obviously, with the need to ‘standardize’ and simplify the work for users, some types of screws were commonly used, such as the flat one, which was the cheapest to produce.
Can Screwdrivers Be Classified by Other Characteristics?
The answer is yes. There are many models of screwdrivers, and they are not classified only for their tips. Some offer different features and functionality, for example, screwdrivers for electricians who are insulated and protected from voltages up to 1000 V.
Here is the classification of the most common screwdrivers according to the different characteristics or advantages they offer:
Screwdrivers with magnetized tip: These screwdrivers allow you to screw more simply because they ‘hold’ the screw and prevent it from falling during screwing.
Precision screwdrivers: small screwdrivers with very fine points, ideal for very small screws and jobs that require precision (electronics or watchmaking). They usually have a rotating upper head to improve the screwing/unscrewing movement.
Multi-point screwdrivers: it is a tool with a fixed handle with interchangeable tips. They are the most versatile since they allow us to always work with the same screwdriver and only to change the tips according to the screw.
Phase finder screwdriver: this screwdriver is used to check the presence of electric current at a specific point.
Insulated screwdrivers 1000 V: they are insulated screwdrivers designed to work with electric current since they are not conductive.
ESD screwdrivers: they are the most suitable for working with electronic devices that can have electrostatic energy, thanks to the fact that the handle is dissipative.
Ratchet screwdriver: has a ratchet mechanism that allows you to screw and unscrew without having to lift the tool from the screw.
What Must a Good Screwdriver Set Have?
Basically, a set should contain screwdrivers of all sizes. Some screwdriver sets include different tips, so you have different options for doing all kinds of jobs. Others offer a mix of sizes and shapes so that you can have a greater variety.
What is the best option? In the end, it all depends on the use you want to make of it. For home use, for example, it would be best to choose a common screwdriver set. So, with simple slotted and star screwdrivers of various sizes. For professional use, you have to choose based on the job you intend to do. Usually, those with interchangeable tips are versatile, but also less suitable for more demanding jobs.
Can You Magnetize a Screwdriver at Home?
The answer is yes. Our recommendation is to buy a magnetized tip screwdriver set, but if you can’t, there is a solution. To magnetize the tip of a screwdriver, only one magnet is needed. This process is very simple, and you just have to:
- Clean the tip of the screwdriver you want to magnetize with a damp cloth.
- Dry the tool well. It is important that it does not stay wet.
- Take a magnet and rub the stem.
- You have to do it from the handle to the tip.
- You have to make several passes, always in the same direction, and you have to turn the screwdriver gradually to make sure that all its parts are magnetized.
- It proves that the instrument is properly magnetized.
Now you know everything you need on screwdriver sets. Since there are so many possibilities on the market, choosing the best one for you can be a challenge. To help you, we present a selection of purchase criteria that you should study to find the most suitable set for your needs.
As we have seen, there are many different types of screws. That’s why there is an equally wide variety of screwdriver tip types. Although many look alike, to work efficiently, you have to choose the exact type of screwdriver. This can end up being a nightmare.
The best thing you can do is choose a screwdriver set that contains the most suitable tips for your job and your needs. For professional work, the best thing is a set that contains hexagonal and Torx tips. For the home, the best is the cut and star tips.
Choosing a screwdriver set with interchangeable tips will help you keep your tools in order. The screwdrivers with interchangeable tips have a single handle and a single stem, with a mechanism in the tip (usually magnetic), which allows an easy exchange.
The biggest problem with this type of screwdrivers is that they may not be as secure as the fixed ones. However, they are a good option for a home toolbox or for jobs that require less effort. They are a great option for electronics jobs, without going any further.
Models and Types
After choosing the tips for your screwdriver set, you should also choose the type of screwdriver and the features you need based on your needs:
Stem length and width – in some jobs, a specific stem length is required. The width is related to the type of screwdriver and the clamping force that must be performed.
Suitable screwdriver type – each type of screwdriver has a specific use. For example, for electricians, it is better to opt for insulated handles, while if you work in electronics, you will have to opt for precision or ESD screwdrivers.
The handles are a key feature in screwdrivers. A good grip prevents accidents and facilitates work, as it allows for greater strength. The handle is your contact with the tool, so it must be comfortable. When choosing a screwdriver set, you need to look at the comments on the comfort of the grips.
In addition, there are other factors that you should not ignore, as the efficiency of the tool depends on these, which are:
Ergonomic design – must fit perfectly in the palm of the hand. The larger the contact surface with the hand, the more force can be applied.
Space for the thumb – most screwdrivers don’t have this design feature, but it’s highly recommended, as it will help you apply more force.
Handle diameter – the larger the diameter, the better the handle to grip the tip. This will allow you not to make great efforts.
The best screwdriver sets offer various features. For example, you will find sets that offer tools with a magnetized tip, ergonomic and non-slip handles, stems with an anti-corrosion layer or high-precision machined tips. The more features come together, the better the quality of the product will be.
If you work with electricity, you should look for screwdrivers with machined tips and insulating handles. On the other hand, if you engage in precision work, you should look for a set with short screwdrivers or even with a ratchet function. What cannot be missed in any case are the long-lasting anti-corrosive treatments.
Screwdrivers are one of the most common and useful tools that exist. They cannot be missing in any garage, in any toolbox and, of course, they cannot be missing in the house, because they are truly indispensable for different jobs. Investing in a good set of screwdrivers will always be a smart purchase.
In this article, we explained everything you need to know about screwdrivers and how to choose a set. We have given you some indications of the different types of tips and the main purchase criteria to find the best product for your needs. Now it’s up to you.