Welcome to our article dedicated to the screwdriver set. You probably don’t know that the first clues to the use of the screwdriver date back to the 15th century. No wonder it is one of the most used and most common tools. Surely you have some around a few drawers, don’t you? For this reason, it is always useful to have a complete set at home.
Screwdriver sets are one of the best options if you want to have the right tool at the right time, and you can’t miss one in your toolbox. Apparently, it might seem that the screwdrivers are all the same, but in reality, it is not so, and, on the market, there are many different models, which are characterized by robustness, versatility, and different peculiarities.
As much as technology advances and electric screwdrivers exist to date, classic screwdrivers remain an excellent option in most cases. They are comfortable, resistant, reliable, and cheap. To make the best possible purchase, we will explain everything you need to know about screwdrivers in the following section.
If you are looking for the best screwdriver sets and want to know how to choose it, keep reading our guide!
- Precision screwdriver and integrated nut drivers include 14 of the most common sizes in one tool
- Spin cap offers optimum and precise control
- Industrial-strength heat treated bits
- Cushion-Grip handle for maximum comfort
- Includes sizes: Phillips #00, #0; Slotted 3/32-Inch, 1/8-Inch; Tamperproof Torx T7, T8, T10, T15; Hex 9/64-Inch, 5/32-Inch,...
- Electronics Screwdriver with four different non-magnetic tips in one tool, includes #0 and #00 Phillips plus 1/8-Inch (3.2 mm) and...
- Rotating cap for optimum and precise control
- Corrosion-resistant chrome plated barrel that includes two double-ended bits that exceed ANSI standards
- Cushion-Grip handles for maximum comfort when working on small equipment
- Heat treated precision ground tip for greater strength
- Electronics screwdriver with concealable tips and a pocket clip for easy pocket storage
- Four different tips in one tool, includes #0 and #00 Phillips plus 1/8-Inch and 3/32-Inch slotted tips
- Rotating cap for optimum and precise control
- Versatile interchangeable barrel has both a short and long side
- Cushion-Grip handle for maximum comfort when working on small equipment
- 39 BITS FOR ELECTRONICS and Apple products 39 bit precision screwdriver set provides everything you need to work with electronics...
- POWERFUL MAGNETS for solid connections - electronic screwdriver bit set houses powerful magnets in the barrel to better secure the...
- EXTENDED REACH SCREWDRIVER: reversible barrel is standard on one side and extra-long on the other for hard-to-reach jobs. The 39...
- HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC CASE with stay shut latch included with the all-in-1 Precision Screwdriver set. Keep the bits organized while...
- SCREWDRIVER SPINS FREELY WITH SPIN CAP the spin cap turns smoothly in the palm of your hand while offering optimum and precise...
- BEST COMBINATION: This electronics repair toolkit has 111 different screwdriver bits, solid and flexible shaft, 1/4 inch...
- WIDE APPLICATION: Kaisi 126 in 1 small screwdriver set with case is a professional repair tools kit for Computer, PC, Laptop,...
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: All bits are made of high quality CR-V steel by vulcanization, it's hardness can reach over HRC62°, which...
- HUMANIZED DESIGN: Ergonomic and press & push design handle, it is comfortable to hold even for the long-time use. For the bits...
- CUSTOMER FIRST: Customer satisfaction is our TOP Priority. If you don't like it or it has any issues with the quality or type, you...
- Precision Slotted & Phillips Screwdriver Set, 7 Piece. Includes: Phillips #00, 0, 1 & Slotted 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0mm. Blade high...
- Exact fit precision machined tips
- Wiha exclusive CRM-72 special tool steel
- Handles proportioned to blade size for optimum torque
- Free turning precision finger control cap
- Molded on handle for permanent bond to blade
- Super Versatile Bits Selection: 24*S2 steel magnetic precision bit heads, a total of 10 mainstream types to meet your different...
- Durable and Precisely: Qualified bits should be durable and hard. Every driver bit of fanttik mini-precision screwdriver is made...
- Rotatable Non-Slip Handle: Worked quietly and smoothly, the aluminium alloy handle with a knurled non-slip treatment can easily...
- Magnetic Storage Box: Built-in ejection button, one-click pop-up bits container, more convenient for you to take out and lock the...
- Portable Aluminium Shell: Sleek, portable, durable aluminium case, ideal for you to easily carry it in your tool bag or pocket....
- Updated with a piece of triangle plectrum, plastic opening tool and a bit for disassembling the mainboard of iPhone.
- 57 different bits elaborated by Syntus to repair smartphones, tablets, and PCs including iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air, and MacBook...
- A flexible shaft is included, which is perfect for electronics where the shaft is hard to get.
- Multi-magnetic driver makes it easy to fix bit and pull screws out.
- Press and Push design enables you to take out bits to save from needless hassle.
- NON-SLIP & ANTI-SWEAT handle for maximum grip and comfort. Swivel end cap of precision magnetic screwdriver allows constant finger...
- PRECISION MAGNETIZED TIPS for added efficiency. Easily hold fasteners to start screwing and also prevent fasteners dropping after...
- ANTI-CORROSION & ANTI-RUST screwdrivers are made of heat-treated chrome vanadium steel, which is stronger and tougher than most...
- PORTABLE CARRYING POUCH: The precision screwdriver set comes with a zipped storage pouch to keep your tools neatly organized and...
- 10 DIFFERENT SIZES TO MEET VARIOUS NEEDS: (4) Flat screwdriver: 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 1/8"; (3) Phillips screwdriver: PH000, PH00,...
Things to Consider Before Buying best Screwdriver Sets
Why Do You Need to Have a Screwdriver Set?
Screwdrivers are among the most widely used tools worldwide and in all professional fields. Today, sonic screwdrivers are also designed for surgical and orthopedic operations. Having a complete set of screwdrivers ensures that you will fulfill the major domestic and professional tasks.
A complete set of screwdrivers will put you in the best conditions to face any activity. To do this, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The screws must be suitable for the size and shape of the screwdriver head.
- Never use screwdrivers for other activities, as they may break or force the tips, making them unusable.
- The best screwdriver sets should have a magnetized tip because this will simplify some operations.
Types of Screws
It all started with the production of precision lathes for mass production. In the absence of a standard of quality and production of screws (because these have been used since ancient times), each inventor and manufacturer forged their own screws, with their own threading and a measure to taste.
Obviously, with the need to ‘standardize’ and simplify the work for users, some types of screws were commonly used, such as the flat one, which was the cheapest to produce.
Can Screwdrivers Be Classified by Other Characteristics?
The answer is yes. There are many models of screwdrivers, and they are not classified only for their tips. Some offer different features and functionality, for example, screwdrivers for electricians who are insulated and protected from voltages up to 1000 V.
Here is the classification of the most common screwdrivers according to the different characteristics or advantages they offer:
Screwdrivers with magnetized tip: These screwdrivers allow you to screw more simply because they ‘hold’ the screw and prevent it from falling during screwing.
Precision screwdrivers: small screwdrivers with very fine points, ideal for very small screws and jobs that require precision (electronics or watchmaking). They usually have a rotating upper head to improve the screwing/unscrewing movement.
Multi-point screwdrivers: it is a tool with a fixed handle with interchangeable tips. They are the most versatile since they allow us to always work with the same screwdriver and only to change the tips according to the screw.
Phase finder screwdriver: this screwdriver is used to check the presence of electric current at a specific point.
Insulated screwdrivers 1000 V: they are insulated screwdrivers designed to work with electric current since they are not conductive.
ESD screwdrivers: they are the most suitable for working with electronic devices that can have electrostatic energy, thanks to the fact that the handle is dissipative.
Ratchet screwdriver: has a ratchet mechanism that allows you to screw and unscrew without having to lift the tool from the screw.
What Must a Good Screwdriver Set Have?
Basically, a set should contain screwdrivers of all sizes. Some screwdriver sets include different tips, so you have different options for doing all kinds of jobs. Others offer a mix of sizes and shapes so that you can have a greater variety.
What is the best option? In the end, it all depends on the use you want to make of it. For home use, for example, it would be best to choose a common screwdriver set. So, with simple slotted and star screwdrivers of various sizes. For professional use, you have to choose based on the job you intend to do. Usually, those with interchangeable tips are versatile, but also less suitable for more demanding jobs.
Can You Magnetize a Screwdriver at Home?
The answer is yes. Our recommendation is to buy a magnetized tip screwdriver set, but if you can’t, there is a solution. To magnetize the tip of a screwdriver, only one magnet is needed. This process is very simple, and you just have to:
- Clean the tip of the screwdriver you want to magnetize with a damp cloth.
- Dry the tool well. It is important that it does not stay wet.
- Take a magnet and rub the stem.
- You have to do it from the handle to the tip.
- You have to make several passes, always in the same direction, and you have to turn the screwdriver gradually to make sure that all its parts are magnetized.
- It proves that the instrument is properly magnetized.
Now you know everything you need on screwdriver sets. Since there are so many possibilities on the market, choosing the best one for you can be a challenge. To help you, we present a selection of purchase criteria that you should study to find the most suitable set for your needs.
As we have seen, there are many different types of screws. That’s why there is an equally wide variety of screwdriver tip types. Although many look alike, to work efficiently, you have to choose the exact type of screwdriver. This can end up being a nightmare.
The best thing you can do is choose a screwdriver set that contains the most suitable tips for your job and your needs. For professional work, the best thing is a set that contains hexagonal and Torx tips. For the home, the best is the cut and star tips.
Choosing a screwdriver set with interchangeable tips will help you keep your tools in order. The screwdrivers with interchangeable tips have a single handle and a single stem, with a mechanism in the tip (usually magnetic), which allows an easy exchange.
The biggest problem with this type of screwdrivers is that they may not be as secure as the fixed ones. However, they are a good option for a home toolbox or for jobs that require less effort. They are a great option for electronics jobs, without going any further.
Models and Types
After choosing the tips for your screwdriver set, you should also choose the type of screwdriver and the features you need based on your needs:
Stem length and width – in some jobs, a specific stem length is required. The width is related to the type of screwdriver and the clamping force that must be performed.
Suitable screwdriver type – each type of screwdriver has a specific use. For example, for electricians, it is better to opt for insulated handles, while if you work in electronics, you will have to opt for precision or ESD screwdrivers.
The handles are a key feature in screwdrivers. A good grip prevents accidents and facilitates work, as it allows for greater strength. The handle is your contact with the tool, so it must be comfortable. When choosing a screwdriver set, you need to look at the comments on the comfort of the grips.
In addition, there are other factors that you should not ignore, as the efficiency of the tool depends on these, which are:
Ergonomic design – must fit perfectly in the palm of the hand. The larger the contact surface with the hand, the more force can be applied.
Space for the thumb – most screwdrivers don’t have this design feature, but it’s highly recommended, as it will help you apply more force.
Handle diameter – the larger the diameter, the better the handle to grip the tip. This will allow you not to make great efforts.
The best screwdriver sets offer various features. For example, you will find sets that offer tools with a magnetized tip, ergonomic and non-slip handles, stems with an anti-corrosion layer or high-precision machined tips. The more features come together, the better the quality of the product will be.
If you work with electricity, you should look for screwdrivers with machined tips and insulating handles. On the other hand, if you engage in precision work, you should look for a set with short screwdrivers or even with a ratchet function. What cannot be missed in any case are the long-lasting anti-corrosive treatments.
Screwdrivers are one of the most common and useful tools that exist. They cannot be missing in any garage, in any toolbox and, of course, they cannot be missing in the house, because they are truly indispensable for different jobs. Investing in a good set of screwdrivers will always be a smart purchase.
In this article, we explained everything you need to know about screwdrivers and how to choose a set. We have given you some indications of the different types of tips and the main purchase criteria to find the best product for your needs. Now it’s up to you.