Even if you own a desktop or laptop PC with the most potent SSD or NAS device out there, sooner or later, you will also need a portable and convenient USB stick. Today there are thousands in circulation to choose from and which differ in size, safety level, speed, and other characteristics that we will see.
Immediately consider that it is not worth buying a USB flash drive of less than 64 GB, simply because if you intend to move files to and from notebooks, you will need speed and a USB 3.0 connector (flash drives of at least 128 GB come supplied only with USB 3.0 connector).
If, in addition to laptops or desktop PCs, you also need to move files to and from portable devices, such as tablets and smartphones, consider memory sticks with a micro USB connector and a standard-sized USB connector. Here we will be listing the top 11 best smallest flash drives.
- Extremely compact, portable USB Flash Drive
- Confidently store, protect and transfer your videos, music, photos, or other files
- Available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities [1GB = 1 billion bytes - Some capacity not available for data storage]
- SanDisk SecureAccess software(2) helps protect your private files
- Length: 16.7mm
- Width: 12.2mm
- Thickness: 2.3mm
- Weight: 0.8g
- Capacity: 32GB
- memory storage capacity: 256.0
- Download, store, and transfer up to 16GB of files with the plug-in, stay-in Verbaim Nano USB drive for netbooks/notebooks
- Snag-free design for easy transport. Always there, always ready flash drive
- Removable for easy file sharing. Available in 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64 GB capacities
- Plug and Play: No software to configure - optional password protection available for Windows download
- Plug-in, stay-in USB drive for notebooks
- Quickly and easily transfer files between your USB-C equipped mobile device or laptop and other PC’s
- Access files stored on drive directly from smartphone or tablet – no need to transfer to device
- Save files directly to USB – no Wi-Fi connection required
- USB 3.0 connectivity (Compatible with USB 2.0 devices). Compatible with Mac and Windows Platforms.
- 【2 in 1 Dual USB C Flash Drive】: With the USB 3.0 and Type-C interface, you can easily transfer files and data between smartphones, tablets and computers instead of using WIFI and cloud services, efficiently save file transfer time and greatly improve work efficiency. Support video formats: AVI, M4V, MKV, MOV, M P4, MPG, RM, RMVB, TS, WMV, FLV, 3GP; AUDIOS: FLAC, APE, AAC, AIF, M4A, MP3, WAV
- 【USB 3.0 High Speed Transmission】: The 64GB Type-C USB 3.0 flash drive provides up to 108MB/s of read speed and 27MB/s of write speed, features higher performance than general USB 3.0 flash drive, and allows you to transfer 1GB large files from USB flash drive within 10 seconds. Save more time and effort when transferring and uploading files.
- 【Durable Design】: The rotating memory stick 64GB is with high-quality metal casing for durability. Splashproof, Shockproof, Dustproof and temperature-proof and fast heat dissipation. It is easy to connect it your keychain, bag, briefcase or purse and forget the thought of losing your data and important files kept in the drive.
- 【Great Compatibility & Plug and Play】: The USB C flash drive, Plug and play, no need to install any software. Support windows 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista / XP / 2000 / ME / NT Linux and Mac OS, compatible with USB 2.0 and below. Supports all kinds of PC and type-C devices that feature OTG function, including type-C smartphone, Tablets, New MacBook, projector and car audio, and won’t make you feel boring in the trip, great for travelers, photographers, office workers, students etc
- 【OTG Function & Easy to Carry】：The Type-C USB 3.0 flash drive supports all kinds of PC and type-C devices that feature OTG function. Enjoy the video play on the go. Small, pocket-sized for easy transportability, especially for phone use.⭐30 days free return and exchange, 12-month warranty and 7*24h customer service.
- Size: 10-PACK 8GB (80GB TOTAL)
- Transfer and share photos, videos, songs and other files between computers with ease
- Keep your digital world in your pocket in our smallest package
- Ideal small capacity USB flash drives for advertising; New and high quality portable storage device, keep your digital world in your pocket in our smallest package
- USB Memory Stick Interface: USB 2.0, backwards USB 1.1
- USB Flash Drive Support PC Mode: all brands of PC, Laptop, HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.
- Easily Transfer and share photos videos Songs and Other Files Between Computers
- Package include: 100 x 128MB USB flash drives
- TWO FLASH DRIVES IN ONE: Cable-free Samsung DUO Plus 2-in-1 Type-C USB flash drive for instant storage of your photos, videos, music, and files on laptops, tablets, TV’s, car audio systems, gaming consoles and more
- QUICK AND CONVENIENT READ SPEEDS: Redefine everyday file transfers with read speeds up to 300MB/s; Type-C USB 3.1 flash drive with backwards compatibility (USB 3.0, USB 2.0)
- DOUBLE YOUR CONNECTIVITY: One flash drive for many devices with both USB Type-C and Type-A connectivity lets you quickly free up device space with fast backups and file offloads
- BUILT TO LAST RELIABILITY: Shock proof flash drive is also water proof, temperature proof, x-ray proof and magnetic proof. Actual speed may vary by host device and actual usage conditions. Write speed is lower than read speed
- Redefine everyday file transfers with speeds up to 200MB/s; Operating Temperature: 0~60℃
- Reliable and secure storage for your photos, videos, music, and files
- Rugged metal casing for durability with key ring to prevent loss
- Safeguard your data (Water proof, shock proof, magnet proof, temperature proof, x ray proof)
- USB 3.1 flash drive with backwards compatibility (USB 3.0, USB 2.0)
- Chrome OS, Samsung Exynos 5250 Dual Core Processor
- Display: 11. 6" LED HD 1366 x 768 16: 9, Ports: HDMI, Headphone/MIC combo, 1 x USB 3. 0 + 1 x USB 2. 0, 3- in-1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- Memory: 2 GB DDR3L RAM, 16GB Solid State Drive
- Built-in dual band Wi-Fi 802. 11 a/b/g/n, Webcam, 3W Stereo Speaker
- This Chromebook is not compatible with Current Updated Google Operating System
Buying Guide to Select the Best Smallest Flash Drives
Capacity and Speed
Among the different features that you should consider before buying the right product is, first of all, the capacity. The best brand pen drives are those that offer the user the broadest range of possibilities, including identifying the one that best suits their needs.
A good range could be from 8 GB to 128 GB; they are the most commonly used capacities. Those of 4 GB or less risk filling too quickly and prove insufficient; those, however, more extensive are intended for specific users such as players or enthusiasts.
On an 8 GB pen drive, for example, 1,000 to 4,000 photos can be stored based on resolution or seven MP4 movies. On a 120 GB, however, it ranges from 16,000 to 64,000 images or over 100 MP4 movies. What do you think your needs are?
Another factor you should consider is the speed of reading and writing. It is not only important to establish how many files to store on the pen, but also to understand how quickly they can be transferred to a PC or other medium. The most used standards are USB, 2.0, and 3.0.
The newer ones we will hear more and more about our first-generation USB 3.1 and second-generation USB 3.1. Speed is a necessary data, especially for those who often have to transfer large files and want to save time.
Program, Hood, Lightning
What are the other factors you should consider when buying the right pen drive? One of these could be the software that some manufacturers allow you to use after the purchase – be careful, in some cases, only for a month – useful for protecting your data.
These programs will enable you to create a particular folder where you can insert the files you want to keep secret and to access them only with a password.
Another aspect that you may consider necessary is the presence or absence of the cap that serves to protect the connector, which is essential to ensure a clean and trouble-free transfer. Some pen drives have a protection system that can do without the cap, which, given its small size, could be lost.
Other higher priced models have a lightning connector on the other end. It is used to connect the pin to your mobile device allowing you to increase the memory or, for example, to download images and videos directly on this support.
The design could also be an essential element for many users. Some pen drives can be personalized with the company logo or emblem of the football team to which you belong and could be an excellent gift idea even if, generally, they are available for orders of large quantities.
In other cases, the manufacturing companies have indulged in creating pen drives with more extravagant shapes or that can be attached to a key ring or chain. Read the review of the models below, and you can find some interesting suggestions.
The Best Pen Drives
Read our ranking to find out which pen drive to buy. In this list you will find those that we have selected for you among the many on the market, they are the most appreciated by consumers. Find out the sale price, the services offered and make a comparison, and you could find what you are looking for and end your search here, saving time and effort.
When you go to buy a USB stick, it is clear that the first things that come to mind are the capacity and the selling price. In reality, however, as we have mentioned before, many features must be taken into consideration before purchasing.
Although most USB flash drives use a type A connector, i.e., the standard rectangular and a rather large one, in reality, in recent months, other types of pen drives are spreading, capable of being used in the latest generation USB-C ports.
There are also some models equipped with a micro USB or Lightning connector, which can be used and connected directly to Android smartphones and iPhones and iPad. Also, read the guide about best sata cables.
Some models integrate two types of the connector so that they can be used both with computers and with smartphones and tablets.
One of the first factors to consider before buying a USB stick is the standard of belonging because it is precisely this detail that determines its theoretical maximum speed.
Nowadays, most devices and sticks support the USB 3.2 standard, which is characterized by a theoretical maximum speed that can vary from 5 Gigabit / s, which equals 625 MB per second, to 20 Gigabit / s, which equals at 2,500 MB per second.
Let it be apparent, however, that no pen drive is currently able to reach these real speeds. The higher the standard supported, the higher the data transfer speed (and the selling price).
At the end of this overview on the world of USB drives, it is essential to mention some particular USB flash drive features, which over the years have been equipped with some extra options to better adapt to the needs of use of each user, whatever the device on which it is intended. Use them.
The most exciting aspects, of course, are the practical ones that make the user experience not only simpler but also more efficient.