The technology has reached a point where you need to transfer data continuously, not only via the internet: USB hubs have been created to meet this need, especially in the event that your laptop does not have enough revenue.
If your documents are stored in more than two USB sticks and you don’t want to take advantage of online Drives, which could be affected by malware attacks, the devices we are going to talk about in this article are exactly what you need.
Right here we had listed out the best USB hubs that are present below.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Big Expansion: Transform one of your computer’s USB ports into four with this USB hub. (Does not support charging)
- SuperSpeed Data: Use the USB hub to sync data at blazing speeds up to 5Gbps—fast enough to transfer an HD movie in seconds.
- For Desktop or Laptop Setups: Set up your workstation however you want with 2 ft of cable. Use the included cable tie to adjust...
- 【Instant expansion and SuperSpeed Syncing】-This 7-port USB 3.0 data hub can instantly expand 1 USB 3.0 port to 7 external USB...
- 【Smart Charging Port】- Besides 7 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, this USB 3.0 splitter offers a charging dedicated port, which is...
- 【Simple Switch to Control】- Equipped with individual on-off switches to control each USB port, atolla USB 3.0 hub saves the...
- 【Maximum Compatibility and Performance】- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X (10.x or above), Linux....
- 【In the Box】- atolla 7-port USB 3.0 hub (100cm of the USB hub cord), 5V/4A Power Adapter(120cm of the electrical cord), Quick...
- Instantly Add Four USB 2.0 Ports to Any Compatible Device.
- Easy Setup, Plug-n-Play, Hot Swappable, Hot Pluggable.
- Gain Four, Downstream Ports Which Offer High-Speed (480Mbps), Full-Speed (12Mbps), And Low-Speed (1.5Mbps).
- Intelligently Designed to Be as Thin as Possible, Allowing you to Maximize Precious Work Space or Travel with ease.
- Backwards Compatible With 1.1 Devices and Hosts.
- Expansion: Instantly add 4 USB 3.0 Ports to Any compatible device. Transform a single USB port into a full work station. The...
- Convenience: LED Indicators display power status for each port. Individual on/off switches enable you to easily connect and...
- Speed: Supports transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0), 480Mbps (USB 2.0), & 12Mbps (USB 1.1).
- Compatibility: Reverse compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices. Use with PC, MacBook, iMac, Mac mini, XPS, Flash Drives, & any...
- Easy Setup: No driver installation required; Plug & Play and Hot Swappable. Does NOT support charging.
- 7-USB 3.0 ports allows data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps
- 3-Smart charging ports that auto optimize current speeds up to 2.4 amps per port
- 60W power output lets you charge phones, tablets or other devices simultaneously
- Blue LED to indicate power status for each port
- Fashionable mirrored surface with a compact design
- An Amazon Brand
- Transform a computer’s Type-C port into four individual USB Type-A 3.1 ports for connecting phones, keyboards and other...
- Fast USB data-transfer speed of up to 5 Gbps
- Reversible design - easily insert the connector into any Type-C enabled device; supports USB 3.1 and is also backwards compatible...
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8, Mac OS and Chrome; easy installation - no drivers or power adapters required
- USB Port Expansion & SuperSpeed Syncing: Instantly expand 1 USB port to 7 external USB 3.0 data ports for keyboard, mouse,...
- 4 Smart-Charging Ports: this Powered usb hub offers additional 4 charging dedicated port, you can charge your tablets, cameras,...
- Individual On/Off Switches: USB hub powered is designed with individual on/off switches, you can turn the power on and off...
- Wide Compatibility: USB 3.0 Power Hub is compatible with Windows XP / Vista / Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 10, Mac OS, Linux 9 and above,...
- Longer Cables: Our USB 3.0 hub comes with a 100cm(3.3ft) USB cable and 150cm(5ft) power cable, enough length to let you arrange...
- Instantly Add Four USB 3.0 Ports to Any Compatible Device
- Individual Power Switches with LED Indicators
- Supports Transfer Speeds up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0), 480Mbps (USB 2.0), 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
- 2.5 Amp Power Adapter Included to Power up Your Devices
- Easy Setup: Plug & Play, Hot Swappable
- 【SuperSpeed Data Transfer】uni USB 3.0 extender transfer data up to 5Gbps, 10X faster than USB 2.0. An HD movie can be...
- 【Easy Expansion】Split one USB 3.0 port into four USB 3.0 ports, easily connect USB-A devices to your laptop with this USB...
- 【Plug & Play】No extra driver needed, plug into the USB 3.0 Port on your laptop and enjoy amazingly fast data sync! Compatible...
- 【Safe & Durable Design】The built-in smart chip avoids overcurrent, overvoltage, short circuit and overheat. Unlike PVC,...
- 【What You Get】uni 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub, welcome guide and online assistance from us.
- ★MULTI USB 3.0 PORT HUB - Easily add 16 USB 3.0 ports to any compatible system. This Powered USB Hub Splitter charge speeds up...
- ★Independent switch - Each high-speed USB 3.0 port of the USB 3 hub has an independent switch, which is more secure, can be...
- ★Wide compatibility - powered USB Hubs is compatible with the most operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MacOS-8/9/X,...
- ★Built-in surge protector keeps your devices and data safe and supports hot swapping. External power supply ensures multiple...
- ★Package contents - ACASIS USB 3.0 16-Port Aluminum Hub, USB 3.0 cable (3.28ft), 12V 7.5A power adapter (10ft), user manual....
Buying Guide to Select the Best USB Hub
It is normal not to know everything that exists in the world: if your knowledge in technology is not so wide, you may feel a little confused by all the models, features and prices available on the market. Don’t worry, because this section will clear up all your doubts about USB hubs.
What Is a USB Hub, and What Is It For?
A USB hub is a USB-connected device that has multiple inputs to increase the number of available ports and to connect multiple peripherals simultaneously. These devices may not only have USB ports (2.0 or 3.0), but also HDMI inputs, USB-C or memory card slots.
What Does the Plug & Play System Consist of?
The equivalent would be “connect and use”, and it is a type of technology that allows a computer system to configure itself correctly.
That is, there is no need to install drivers, software, or worry about configuration parameters because the device will do it all by itself. Today, most devices have the Plug & Play system.
This technology greatly facilitates the life of the user, especially if the latter is not very competent in the IT field; however, in order for the Plug & Play system to work, you must have a computer with the same technology at your disposal. Otherwise, the installation process cannot be started.
What Is the Difference Between a USB 2.0 and A 3.0?
USB is the abbreviation of the English Universal Serial Bus, and the difference between the two sports lies in the data transmission speed: USB 2.0 type have a speed that can reach 60 Mbps (Megabits per second), and are gradually coming replaced by USB 3.0, with a performance ten times higher, that is 600 Mbps.
As for the type 2.0, it works quite well with peripherals such as keyboards, mice, USB sticks and speakers because they are devices with a “lighter” use, which does not have to transmit a lot of data.
Instead, for devices that require a much higher data reading and writing speed, you will need the USB 3.0 type port: the latter, being more recent, are also compatible with 2.0 ports (however, the compatibility does not apply in reverse).
How Do I Set up A USB Hub?
These are devices that usually support Plug & Play technology; however, there are also models that allow the user to customize the operation of the various doors, for example by setting their amperage, switching off, and on.
To do this, you need to install some drivers on your computer and customize the various operating and configuration parameters.
What Are the Best Materials of USB Hubs?
Taking into account that USB hubs are devices through which electricity passes, it is normal for them to generate heat, but be careful: prolonged overheating could damage their components.
For this reason, manufacturing materials are very important. When making an investment, large or small, you need to focus heavily on quality.
We advise you to choose a USB hub that has a cooling system and is built with materials that do not retain heat: in fact, it is better to choose models in aluminum rather than plastic.
In addition, also pay attention to the structure, which must be solid enough to withstand shocks, especially if you intend to always carry the hub with you.
Here Are Some Tips to Extend the Life of Your USB Hub:
- Do not connect too many devices together. In this way, you will prevent overheating and damage to components.
- Choose quality materials. We all know it: over time, cheaper products can prove to be really expensive.
- Avoid the accumulation of dust. If the ventilation system is blocked, it will not work well and will cause the device to overheat.
- Choose impact resistant materials. Pay attention to this aspect especially if you are a somewhat careless person or who constantly transports his hub.
When buying a product, one should not pay attention only to the price: there is no use in opting for a very inexpensive product if it fails to satisfy the needs of the buyer.
In the same way, however, you don’t even need to buy a very complete and expensive device with features that are not needed or that you cannot use. Below you will find the most important purchase criteria:
- Number of doors
- Variety of doors
- Design and portability
- Data transmission
- Number of doors
At first, you may think that a large number of USB ports could be equivalent to better quality or greater efficiency: surely, you can connect more devices, but you must know that this factor will greatly increase the cost of the hub.
In addition, it will consume much more energy, which will be divided between the connected devices.
For this reason, we recommend that you purchase a model of USB hub according to your needs. If you only need one or two USB ports because, for example, your laptop has a very compact design that does not have enough ports, we recommend choosing a simple hub (with four ports).
If, on the other hand, you need various doors and various formats, do not hesitate to opt for multiple models.
Variety of Doors
There are various models of USB hubs that have more than one type of input. As we have already said, USB 2.0 and 3.0 inputs are available today, but there are models that include a USB-C input, very useful for charging the mobile phone, memory card inputs, or an HDMI input.
Keep in mind that there are fewer hub models that have all these features and types of revenue: for this reason, they are also more expensive. However, if this factor would simplify your life a lot, don’t think twice: it would be a fairly substantial investment but that will bring you many advantages.
Design and Portability
The portability of the hub goes hand in hand with the size and weight of the device: if you want to use it only at home, you can opt for a model with various ports and that can be powered by a cable connected to the electrical outlet. Usually, these models are heavier.
If, on the other hand, you need to carry the device continuously, whether it is from home to work, on vacation, or anywhere, you will need an easier model to carry. For example, the Anker model proposed in the list, weighs only 35 grams and is ideal for traveling.
Hubs can be active or passive: if they are passive, it means that they must not be connected to an electrical outlet or that they have their own power supply and that it does not need a power outlet. Usually, this is the case for a USB hub that doesn’t have any particular ports or features.
On the contrary, active hubs must be connected to an electrical outlet, because they are capable of amplifying the signal and transmitting it to the other ports.
Some models have a power cord in case the busy ports consume too much energy. For example, the models that we proposed to you in the buying guide do not need to be connected to the power supply to work.
The transmission of data to devices by USB hubs is usually measured in Mbps or Megabits per second: make your choice based on the device you will connect most often. Two of the models that we have presented to you on our list have type 2.0 entries, which are now quite obsolete but do their job very well.
If you need a USB port with a higher transmission speed, choose a USB hub that has type 3.0 ports (present in the third and fourth product of the list) which, as we have already said, is also compatible with 2.0.
This way, you won’t have to worry about not having enough data reading and writing skills; remember that the USB 3.0 port is ten times more powerful than 2.0.