Do you want to give a little more color to your skin, and are you, therefore, looking for a tanning lotion? I guess you’ll want to find out what features it offers, compared to traditional sunscreen. Perhaps you do not know, for example, that these types of products are not exactly designed to protect from the sun, but only to intensify the tan.
It is also true, however, that today the market offers products that also shield the sun’s rays. Some self-tanners are also tanning, to achieve the color you want even faster. Be careful, though, and not all products are created equal.
Here we had selected the best tanning lotions for you that are listed below.
- SELF TANNER BODY LOTION - Create a flawless deep bronze tan with gradual, natural-looking color while nourishing and hydrating dry and extra dry skin
- GRADUAL SUNLESS TANNING - Our Jergens Natural Glow +FIRMING moisturizer will gradually enhance and deepen your natural skin tone to provide hassle-free, streak-free color
- FIRMING TAN LOTION - Infused with antioxidants and Coconut Water, Jergens +FIRMING Moisturizer’s hydrating blend of nutrients boosts moisturization for healthier looking skin and daily skin hydration
- CELLULITE REMOVER - Infused with collagen, elastin, and green tea infusions, our fast-acting, anti-cellulite formula will help reduce cellulite appearance within 7 days
- FRESH SCENTED SUNLESS TANNING - Jergens Natural Glow sunless tanning daily moisturizers will keep you feeling fresh with a light and fresh scent
- 200X Island Black Bronzing evokes paradise-level dark color.
- Marula Goddess Glow Serum utilizes high levels of Marula Oil for incredible skin.
- An island extracts & max silicone cocktail conditions skin for a lasting softness and glow.
- Paraben-Free, DHA-Free
- Fragrance: Awapuhi Peach Smoothie
- achieve a deeper darker tan - this dark tanning accelerator lotion with instant bronzer intensifies your bronze glow & helps you achieve a darker tan; blends effortlessly and absorbs quickly, allowing for an even sunless tanning or outdoor sun tanning
- australian naturals - a rich blend of kakadu plum extract with highest content of vitamin c, and tea tree oil, a powerful antioxidant, fights off free radicals and gently cleanses your skin leaving it healthy and smooth
- biosine complex for a long-lasting tan - this tanning intensifier contains an advanced combination of ingredients that prepare your skin for a dark color development while soothing, smoothening & nourishing your skin; does not contain sunscreen
- hydration & superior skin benefits - enriched with vitamin a & e and natural oils, this accelerator & bronzer not only helps build a flawless tan but also supplies essential nutrients to the skin, while moisturizing & hydrating it for a soft & supple feel
- refreshing fragrance - this tanning accelerator lotion takes you on an instant vacation to the beach with its signature cocoa dreams fragrance in a delectable and long-lasting scent of coconut, orange and vanilla that keeps you fresh all day long
- SELF TANNER BODY LOTION - Create a flawless light bronze tan with gradual, natural-looking color while nourishing and hydrating dry and extra dry skin.
- GRADUAL SUNLESS TANNING - Our Jergens Natural Glow +FIRMING moisturizer will gradually enhance and deepen your natural skin tone to provide hassle-free, streak-free color.
- CELLULITE REMOVER - Infused with collagen, elastin, and green tea infusions, our fast-acting, anti cellulite formula will help reduce cellulite appearance within 7 days.
- FIRMING TAN LOTION - Infused with antioxidants and Coconut Water, Jergens +FIRMING Moisturizer’s hydrating blend of nutrients boosts moisturization for healthier looking skin and daily skin hydration.
- FRESH SCENTED SUNLESS TANNING - Jergens Natural Glow sunless tanning daily moisturizers will keep you feeling fresh with a light and fresh scent.
- Country of origin is United States
- The package dimension of the product is 7"L x 2.3"W x 2.2"H
- Say hello to perfect sun-kissed skin: Our self tanner transforms your skin from pale to a natural glow. Transforms even the most fair skin from "meh" to "marvelous" without any of those nasty streaks, orange color, blotches, or dark spots.
- Get your tan without sun damage: No sun needed here. This tanning lotion gives you a gradual sun kissed glow without sunburns or signs of early aging from the sun.
- Your skin will thank you: Perfect alternative to brands that sell chemical filled tanners containing artificial colorants and fragrances among other toxic ingredients. Instead this tanner is filled with ingredients like organic aloe vera, shea butter, extracts and DHA. This vegan sunless tanning lotion is also certified cruelty free.
- Wont turn your skin orange: If you have sensitive skin or are just plain pale, this is for you. Men, women and even teens use our tanning cream and look like they have just returned from travel a beachy vacation spot.
- Love it or let us know: We know you're gonna love what our self tanning moisturizer can do. Your satisfaction is our promise to you.
- ✅Skin Hydrating Dark Triple Bronzer
- ✅Melanin Stimulating
- ✅Quad Tyrosine Blend
- ✅Tattoo & Color Protecting
- ✅Coconut Oil, Coconut Milk and Cocoa Butter Coconut Vibes fragrance
- australian gold tanning lotion,australian gold indoor tanning lotion,alba tanning lotion,australian gold cheeky brown tanning lotion,alba self tanning lotion,aloha black tanning lotion,after tanning lotion,australian gold self tanning lotion,always desired tanning lotion,anjou self tanning lotion,beauty by earth self tanning lotion,banana boat self tanning lotion,black tanning lotion,black chocolate tanning lotion,bronzing tanning lotion,baby got black tanning lotion,blonde obsession tanning lot
- High intensity dark DHA, Natural & Cosmetic bronzer
- Melanin Stimulating Quad Tyrosine Blend
- Anti-Orange Technology with Detoxifying Charcoal Extracts
- Tattoo & Color Fade Protection
- Sparkling Blackberry Fragrance
- BROWNING LOTION. This premium browning lotion is our secret weapon that gets us a fast, deep tan without having to spend long hours in the sun! We developed this lotion to accelerate the sun triggered tanning process in our skin.
- MOISTURIZING DARKENING LOTION. Our water resistant and reef friendly tanning lotion is great for all skin types. Delight your skin with Aloe Vera, Kona Coffee Plant Extract, Marula, Argan, Coconut and Avocado Oil with a tropical coffee scent.
- HOW TO USE. First apply sunscreen, wait ten minutes, and then lather your bod in our browning lotion. Lounge in the sun and reapply as needed. Sonny’s Tip: Our brown tint can stain, so allow the lotion to soak in before laying on a white towel!
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to achieving a sun-kissed glow is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Original Sunscreen line is Hypoallergenic and Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Gluten, Cruelty and Paraben Free to ensure a fun day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
Buyer Guide to Choose Tanning Lotions
What Is a Tanning Product?
In short, a bronzer, as its name already indicates, is a cosmetic product designed to stimulate the tan of the skin. It is an ideal solution for those who have difficulty getting tanned or simply for those who do not have many days to take a tan.
On the market, there are tanning and tanning accelerators in different formats and textures, but the most common ones are presented as oil in a bottle with spray or drop applicator. Even if we will tackle this topic later, it is essential to buy a tanning product that has an SPF factor or, if you don’t have it, it is good to combine it with another product with sunscreen.
What Are the Strengths and Weaknesses of A Tanning Product?
In reality, all products have strengths and weaknesses that can depend on both the composition and the particular reaction of each person. What is positive for some can be negative for others. Bronzers, of course, is no exception. However, if used correctly and wisely, they have many more pros than cons.
- They accelerate tanning.
- The results are also more lasting.
- They hydrate the skin that loses fluids during sun exposure.
- The skin becomes softer.
- Many have antibacterial properties that eliminate the bad smell of sweat.
- They can cause acne or skin reactions in case of sensitive skin.
- If they are without SPF, they can damage the epidermis.
- If they are without SPF, they can accelerate aging.
- If they don’t have SPF, they can cause melanomas or tumors.
How Do Tanners Work?
Tanning salons are designed for sunbathing. That is, they do not act on their own, as self-tanners do. A tanning accelerator stimulates the production of melanin, which is a pigment in the skin, which is synthesized when exposed to the sun and protects us from ultraviolet rays.
The more melanin you produce, the more intense your tan will be. However, even if you use a bronzer, there will always be people who tan more quickly than others, or who keep the dark complexion longer.
This depends on everyone’s natural melanin levels, which cannot be altered. A person with a light complexion will always get different results than someone with a darker complexion.
How Should a Tanning Agent Be Applied?
At this point, you should understand that it is very important to know how to apply a bronzer to avoid damage to the skin. The primary advice we can give you, just to start, is to sunbathe only in the recommended hours, cover the sensitive parts of your body, and do not skimp with sunscreen. Moreover:
- Apply the tan to all areas of the body that you want to color faster. Do this before leaving home.
- After ten or fifteen minutes, or when the tanning has completely absorbed, apply a cream with an SPF sunscreen. You can skip this step if your tanning accelerator has a factor of 30 or higher.
- When you are finished sunbathing, wash the skin to remove any residue from the product and apply an after sun or a moisturizing and calming lotion.
Are Tanners Safe?
Many people ask themselves this question, so it is right to give a sincere answer and consider different aspects. To begin with, some people have very fair skin, for whom sunbathing is always dangerous because they burn easily, and sunburn exponentially increases the chance of having skin cancer.
Can the Tanning Agent Be Combined with A Protective Cream?
Of course, and that’s exactly what you should always do. Don’t make the terrible mistake of believing that sunscreen will keep you from getting tanned.
Sunscreens protect against UV rays, but do not block melanin production.
This means that the skin of the body will take on a golden color even if you use sunscreen. If your tanning agent has SPF 30 or higher, then you can ignore all of the above. All the products we reviewed in this article do not have sunscreen, so you should use them together with a protective cream.
There is so much misinformation, and often fear of this type of product, that sometimes we happen to buy them straight away, and then we forget them in a drawer, with the idea “they should hurt.”
You have already learned that, if used correctly, they have no reason to be harmful. Now we show you five criteria to consider in order not to make mistakes when buying:
- Sun protection factor (SPF)
- Skin type
- Format type
Sun Protection Factor (SPF)
At this point in the article, this aspect will already be very clear to you. SPF is one of the most important criteria before buying a tanning or tanning accelerator.
The market offers us products that already have a protection filter in their formula, but others do not have it (like the ones we have indicated in the selection) or where it is very low. The choice of one product over another depends only on you and your preferences.
But you should know that, if you choose a tanning product without protection or with a filter lower than 30, you will have to combine it with a protective cream. First, you will have to apply the tan, then you will have to wait until it absorbs well, and then you can apply the cream, as you would normally do.
The characteristics of the skin play a fundamental role in the choice of a tanning lotion. Dermatologists recognize six different phototypes – from I to VI -. The medium-dark phototypes tan easily, while those with a lighter complexion will use solar to accelerate the tanning process and to maintain the golden color over time.
On the market, there are tanning products suitable for fair skin with a higher SPF. In any case, even if your skin is dark, don’t make the mistake of not combining the accelerator with protection. As we have already told you, protective creams do not block the production of melanin but shield the harmful rays.
Of course, the quality of each tanning product can be measured by its composition. The most sought after ingredients in this type of product are tyrosine and riboflavin, which stimulate the production of melanin.
In practice, all bronzers have one of these two elements in their formula and are combined with other ingredients, such as:
- Shea butter, whose functions are moisturizing.
- Argan oil, whose functions are moisturizing and antioxidants.
- Allantoin, which acts as a regenerator and accelerates the natural healing of the skin.
- Carrot, coconut, and Australian acacia oils, which nourish the skin and accelerate tanning.
- Walnut husk oil, which helps to achieve a longer-lasting tan.
- Vitamin A, C, and E, which promote pigmentation, give elasticity and slow down aging.
Although, in general, the most common tanning products are presented in bottles with spray or drip applicators, this is not always the case. Tanning accelerators are available in different formats, such as oils, dry oils, serums, lotions, or gels. Choosing one or the other depends a lot on your personal preferences.
Some people don’t like oils because they consider them too oily, and prefer dry oil, which absorbs much faster. Spray dispensers are certainly very practical because they don’t dirty your hands so much. Lotions are often associated with self-tanning elements, which we will discuss below.