With the many appliances that are on the market today, you may be wondering if you really need a toasters. It is a more than plausible doubt, but if you knew this appliance better, you would no longer hesitate, especially because today it costs very little and prepares you something that everyone loves: toast.
A toaster is, as you already know and, as the name suggests, a small appliance that is used to toast bread. Its use is very simple, but knowing this device in depth, you can reap other advantages. If you want to know more or if you are looking for the best products on the market, do not miss our guide on the toaster.
Toasters are not all the same: there are vertical and horizontal ones, they can vary in size, accessories, and functions, but above all in price. It all depends on how much you use it and what you cook most often.
Here are some tips for choosing the toaster that best suits your needs and the list of the best toasters in the market.
- EXTRA WIDE TOASTING SLOTS to fit extra thick slices of bread products such as Texas Toast, bagels and specialty breads.
- 6 ADJUSTABLE TOASTING LEVELS to select the perfect browning shade for your bread. From slightly warm to dark and crunchy.
- REHEAT WARMING FUNCTION allows you to easily reheat and warm previously toasted breads quickly at a lower temperature without burningv
- CONVENIENT CANCEL BUTTON lets you quickly cancel and release the toast in the middle of the toasting cycle.
- SELF-CENTERING GUIDES automatically grabs onto the bread when the lever is compressed, it centers the bread so each side is evenly toasted.
- Dual control panels make this two toasters in one with smooth Brushed Stainless housing
- Custom control: 6-setting browning dials, dual reheat, defrost and bagel buttons with LED indicators
- 1-1/2 inch - wide toasting slots, Extra-lift carriage lever, slide-out crumb tray and convenient cord storage
- Instruction book included. BPA Free
- Actual unit dimensions: 11. 15" L x10. 65" W x7. 5" H
- Fabric type: Plastic
- Perfect for your favorite thick-cut bread or bagel: Extra-wide slots in this 2 slice toaster fit your favorite thick-cut bread, bagels, or anything else you want to toast.
- The perfect toast every time: Make your toast exactly the way you like it with the convenient toast shade selector.
- Auto shutoff: The auto shutoff feature and cancel button adds peace of mind to your busy mornings. Multitask without worrying about leaving breads or bagels cooking in the toaster.
- Keep cords under wraps: Convenient cord storage keeps your toaster plug up and out of the way, making for safe and easy clean up and a clear counter.
- Toast boosting technology: Lifts your toasted breads and bagels high when they're ready so you can easily retrieve them.
- Sleek, modern 4-slice toaster complements any kitchen décor
- Extra-wide slots accommodate large items like bagels and hamburger buns
- Separate toast controls for simultaneous toasting at different settings
- Electronic Toasting Technology delivers consistent results every time
- Turn knobs to choose from 7 light to dark toast shade settings
- Toast options: Bread, Bagel, English Muffin, Frozen Waffle and Pastry
- Unique Single Slice Function allows for even toasting side to side
- Crisp modern design with wide slots
- 7 Shade settings for the perfect piece of toast
- High lift carriage and a defrost option
- Extra-wide slots: this 2-Slice toaster has extra-wide slots to fit Thick slices of artisan bread or Texas toast, bagels, or a variety of breakfast favorites.
- Bagel & defrost settings: The 2-Slice toaster perfectly toasts the cut side while Warming the outside with the bagel setting. Defrost setting thaws then toasts waffles or pancakes.
- High-lift toast boost: removal of smaller breads, like English muffins, from the toaster is easy with the toast boost feature, which lifts foods a little higher than usual when done.
- Adjustable shade selector for shade preference: bagel toaster has an adjustable shade selector for perfect toast batch after batch.
- Crumb tray: The crumb tray on this 2-Slice toaster is easy to remove and clean.
- Stainless-steel housing with a motorized lift
- Lcd countdown feature with a blue backlit led function display, Voltage: 120V
- Enhanced bagel toasting with cancel, defrost and reheat options
- Easy cord wrap for minimal use of your counter space. BPA free
- Toaster comes with a 3 year limited warranty. If the bagel button is On, only one side of the bread will be toasted.
- FAST: InstaGLO toasts 35% faster than the leading premium toasters. No more waiting, no more double toasting.
- DELICIOUS: InstaGLO sears bread without drying it, locking in 30% more moisture than the leading premium toasters. For toast that’s crunchy on the outside, yet soft and delicious on the inside.
- BEAUTIFUL: Good Design Award Winner. A stunning conversation starter on any countertop.
- FUN: Intuitive touchscreen, countdown clock and happy finishing chime bring a little bit of joy to toasting.
- #1 MOST WISHED FOR ON AMAZON: give the gift they won’t stop talking about for weddings, house warming, Mother’s and Father’s day, and more.
- America's Test Kitchen (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 256 Pages - 12/22/2020 (Publication Date) - America's Test Kitchen (Publisher)
- Factory sealed DVD
- Jon Lovitz, Timothy E. Day, Phil Hartman (Actors)
- Jerry Rees (Director) - Thomas M. Disch (Writer)
- English (Publication Language)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Everything You Need to Know About Toasters
In the market, you will find different models of toasters. It is true that their benefits are similar, but the small differences will define the best purchase. The most useful features are the timer and auto power off, so you don’t have to be too much behind your bread while toasting.
Usually, toasters have the space to prepare two toasts at a time. But some models have a much greater capacity, up to six slices at the same time.
Almost all the toasters are similar, and the bread is placed inside vertically. But there are other options, such as horizontal insertion. Another type is called a ‘tunnel’ toaster.
A great help to find the toaster model you are looking for is to pay attention to our ranking of the best toasters. It will help you not only to know the most interesting options but will also allow you to discover their main features. In the following sections, you will find all the other information.
Examining the best toasters on the market probably helped you to know some important aspects. You have found that some appliances have a capacity of up to four toasts, although there are larger ones. You also got to see the different designs. Now is the time to discover all the features of this device always in vogue.
How does Toaster Work?
A toaster is used to toast bread. This type of ‘cooking’ takes place thanks to the type of resistance it has. These, by heating, evaporate the water contained in the bread by slightly toasting the outside. A toaster takes about two minutes to accomplish the task.
What Characteristics Should a Toasters Have?
There are a number of features you should be aware of before buying any toaster model. Some are common in all, while others are found only in the most advanced products. Pay attention to the following table in order to be able to better evaluate the various features and their usefulness.
Gathering: It is used to collect the cable when not in use, it is usually located in the lower part of the toaster.
Crumb collector: The vast majority of toasters have this extra, which is used to clean them more easily.
Heat up: It is a very useful function that is used to heat bread and more.
Thawing: The defrosting function is very convenient, especially for those who have a habit of freezing bread.
Raised grid: The raised grill is very practical for heating sandwiches or croissants.
Display: Some toasters have a display where you can read the most interesting information.
How to Use a Toasters?
It is true that you don’t have to be an engineer to use a toaster, but there are some aspects that can benefit the final result. In the following list, we will examine them so that they are clear to you. Be careful, as it is always advisable to give correct use to all the appliances you have in the house.
First use: Before using the toaster for the first time, it is a good idea to start it at least three times at maximum power. When you do, you will probably smell some burnt plastic. Don’t worry, it’s normal. But with this operation, you will avoid that, using it with bread, the smell is impregnated in your toast.
Bread: Check that the slices of bread are the right size for your toaster. You will avoid getting stuck, and you will also get a uniform toasting.
Metal: Avoid using metal utensils to bring out slices of toast.
Temperature and time: Pay attention to the toaster’s instructions to calculate the temperature and times to use based on the type of toasting you want to obtain.
Better a Toasters with Horizontal or Vertical Entry?
On the market, you will basically find two models of toasters, one with horizontal insertion and one vertical. In the first case, the bread inserted in a ‘tunnel’ grill, and, as in the Princess model in our ranking, different sizes and foods such as croissants are supported.
Vertical toasters are the top sellers. They have bread inserts on the top. Once toasted, the appliance itself ejects the slices. You don’t have to do anything, and it is less easy to burn yourself.
How Do You Clean a Toasters?
The truth is, cleaning a toaster is a very simple task. You must start by removing the crumb tray, empty it, and clean it. Before putting it back in place, place the appliance upside down and shake it a bit so that the remaining crumbs fall out. Then, pass a slightly moistened cloth to the outside and replace the crumb tray.
The problem could be melted cheese. If it is not removed immediately, it dries up and becomes difficult to remove. Put the cheese in your toast, remove the grills and clean them and check that the drops have not soiled the resistances. If so, let it cool and then use something to remove the dried cheese gently. Once this is done, take out the crumb tray and wash it with soap and water.
Safely Use of A Toaster
In addition to the ease of use, the toaster is not too complicated even from a safety point of view. As with any other appliance, you still need to use it safely. This means that you must never use it near water to avoid accidents. You must also be careful not to burn yourself by touching the removable grids.
Also remember, before cleaning, always disconnect the power from the current. Finally, if the bread gets stuck and you can’t get it out, don’t use metal tools and pry without pulling hard. Hold the toaster with a potholder, while pulling out the slices, because the body usually heats up and you may burn yourself.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Toasters
The toaster is a rather useful appliance once you are at home, especially if you like bread. You can avoid turning on the oven to heat some fresh bread, as well as toasting the slices to enjoy them more. Let’s go a little more specifically and see what its main advantages and disadvantages are:
- Inexpensive and easy to use
- Takes up little space
- Cleaning is quick and easy
- You can heat the bread without turning on the oven
- It consumes very little
- Very large slices of bread cannot be inserted, and sandwiches cannot be heated.
Purchase Criteria for Toasters
We are approaching the end of this buying guide. But you need to read a little more to understand the criteria to keep in mind before buying your toaster. We have prepared some essential points that should come in handy to make the final choice and not regret your purchase. Take note of the following criteria:
Most of the models you’ll find on the market have the ability to make two toasts at the same time. However, there are other options that have up to four or six slices. It really depends on the number of toast/slices of bread you have to prepare. Toasters that offer more capacity almost always cost more, but not insane amounts.
Depending on how your kitchen is, you can choose to have the toaster insight. If so, you will be interested in having a model that has an attractive design. Of course, it should also adapt to the rest of the appliances. An option that generally never clashes are retro-style toasters, although they are much more expensive.
As you understand, some models have other features besides toasting bread. If you are looking for a model that can defrost, or that is capable of heating other things such as croissants and sandwiches, look for a more versatile toaster. The extra features usually increase the price of the appliance, so think carefully about what you really need.
It is good that your toaster has a toasting level selector. Think that not everyone loves toast the same way, so having the ability to choose the right toasting point can be crucial for you. In some cases, the degree of toasting is selected by means of a knob, while in others, there will be a display and digital controls.
We assume that any model of toaster you buy today complies with safety regulations. Either way, make sure it has the CE mark before you buy it. An important aspect is that it has an automatic switch-off. This is to prevent the bread from burning, but also prevents a possible accident.
We left it last, but this criterion is essential when you need to buy a toaster. In fact, its power will partly determine its efficiency. A device that is not powerful enough will take longer to prepare the bread, but it will also do it in a less homogeneous way. We recommend a power greater than 800 W.
Check out this important detail before making your final choice. If you don’t, you are likely to regret your purchase. There are good products even with 600W of power, but check the reviews to make sure it is enough for your needs.
Having a toaster in the house is a great idea. In the market, you will find many models with different prices and characteristics. Now, thanks to the information contained in this guide, you can make the best decision without second thoughts. Evaluate what your needs are, your budget, and the individual characteristics of the toasters that you find interesting.
As you have seen, you have to consider its ability, but also other aspects, such as its power and the other features it offers. Try to get the most benefits, but without spending a crazy amount. Don’t forget its design, ease of use, and other features you now know.