The purchase of a pair of headphones is not always straightforward, indeed if you intend to buy advanced models, the procedure for choosing the right model for your needs can be particularly complex.
The so-called audiophiles, or the extremely demanding users who demand the maximum from their “system,” do not buy any piece of the audio chain if they have not previously tried and appreciated it in the shop or the test rooms. The same can also be said with headphones, and there are quite expensive and sophisticated compositions.
In the next lines, you will find some tips and tricks that can be useful during the selection phase, along with the essential definitions to be able to understand how to establish the quality of your next headphones objectively. Here we will be listing the top 9 best turtle beach headsets.
- Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears,...
- Italian (Subtitle)
- FLIP-UP MIC - Turtle Beach’s renowned high-sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and flips up to mute
- IMMERSIVE GAMING AUDIO - Superior 40mm over-ear speakers produce crisp highs and thundering lows, and are optimized to support...
- MULTIPLATFORM COMPATIBILITY - Designed for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, PC...
- METAL-REINFORCED HEADBAND - A metal-reinforced headband provides added durability
- MEMORY FOAM EAR CUSHIONS - Synthetic leather-wrapped memory foam ear cushions provide long-lasting comfort
- Officially Licensed by Microsoft for Xbox.Frequency Response : 20Hz - 20kHz, Mic Design : Flip-up Omni-Directional.
- Proprietary, Lag-free 2.4GHz Wireless Connection
- Upgraded, 24+ Hour Battery Life
- Gen 2 Mic for Clear chat with teammates
- Powerful, amplified 50mm speakers tuned for surround sound
- Crystal Clear Chat: An adjustable, high sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and can be removed when watching...
- High Quality 40 millimeter Speakers : Hear every crisp high and thundering low with these large 40 millimeter speakers
- Lightweight and Comfortable: Play for hours (or days) in complete comfort
- Convenient In line Controls: Convenient in line controls place master volume and mic mute right at your fingertips
- Versatile Compatibility : Works great with PC and Mac, as well as PS4 Pro and PS4, the new Xbox One controller with the 3.5...
- Amplified 40mm speakers for enhanced gaming audio.Control Type:Volume
- High-sensitivity flip-to-mute mic for clear chat
- Compatible with spatial audio technologies
- Comfortable, fabric-wrapped memory foam ear cushions
- ProSpecs glasses-friendly technology
- Officially Licensed by Microsoft for Xbox.Frequency Response : 20Hz - 22kHz, Ear-cup Design : Over-Ear (Closed).
- Compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, PC & Nintendo Switch
- Proprietary, Lag-free 2.4GHz Wireless Connection
- Long-Lasting, 40+ Hour Battery Life
- Gen 2 Mic for Clear chat with Teammates
- Long-lasting 20-Hour Wireless Battery Life.Specific uses for product : Gaming
- High-Performance 50mm Nanoclear Speakers
- Works great with Sony 3D Audio for PS5
- Game and Stay Connected with Bluetooth
- Gel-cooled, Memory Foam Ear Cushions
- Amplified Audio - Enhances game sounds for a more immersive experience
- Bass Boost - Built-in Turtle Beach bass boost adds depth and realism to the game audio
- Independent Volume Controls - Allows for personalized balancing of PS3 game and chat audio
- Microphone Monitor - Let's you hear what you're saying while talking
- USB Powered - No batteries required
- POWERFUL, AMPLIFIED AUDIO - Refined ear cup acoustics and expertly tuned 50mm speakers are powerfully driven to give you accurate,...
- GEN 2 FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC - A larger, high-sensitivity, high-performance mic enhances chat clarity and seamlessly integrates into the...
- SUPERHUMAN HEARING - Turtle Beach exclusive Superhuman Hearing sound setting lets you hear subtle, game-changing sounds so you can...
- THE 3D AUDIO ADVANTAGE - Unleash the power of 3D Audio, delivering precise spatial surround sound for an immersive, realistic...
- VARIABLE MIC MONITORING - Hear and adjust your own voice while you chat with friends so you’re aware of your own volume and...
Buyer Guide to Choose Best Turtle Beach Headsets
Closed headphones guarantee a high rate of sound insulation but can be annoying for those who are not used to wearing them. They are preferable if you know that you will have to use them in noisy environments or if you know that you will not wear them for an extended period because they can be very fatiguing.
Going to a store to try on headphones or trying to choose the best model for your needs online without having at least necessary skills can be frustrating. But don’t worry, because on this page I will explain how much you need to know to recognize a pair of quality headphones from an inexpensive pair.
On the sound front, they tend to emphasize the low frequencies, vibrations, and musical effects, usually resulting in not very faithful to the original sound scene.
It consists of the small speaker contained in each of the two pavilions of the Bluetooth headphones.
It is composed of a spiral element and a cone for the diffusion of sound, the diameter of which takes on an important role: the more full the width of the funnel, the better the reproduction of sound waves and this applies above all to the low tones that, to spread, they need a larger surface.
Generally, the models on the market have drivers with a diameter that varies from a minimum of 30 to a maximum of 50 mm, the latter being available only in high-end models, but which ensures significantly higher level performance.
In terms of reproduction, we recommend that you also keep in mind the data relating to the sensitivity of the headphones, expressed in dB, which represents the volume of the output sound.
Most of the Bluetooth headphones on the market have a sensitivity between 105 and 109 dB: the advice is never to drop below 100 dB, in order not to risk mediocre sound quality, especially if the pavilions do not offer perfect isolation.
If on the package you meet the wording “neodymium driver,” you will be in the presence of a rather modern model of headphones. The neodymium resistance is the one currently most used because it is lighter and less voluminous than that in ferrite, the material used in the headphones older.
It represents the resistance that the sound encounters when passing through the driver and indicates its clarity. The driver acts as a “filter” of the signal before it is converted into a sound wave: the higher the impedance, the better the quality of the sound diffused by the speaker will be.
The impedance value is expressed in Ohm and, in Bluetooth headphones, ranges from a minimum of 16 to a maximum of 280 Ohm, in very high range models; the recommended average impedance is around 30/35 Ohm and offers satisfactory reproduction in both low and high tones.
This last consideration is also important from another point of view: keep in mind that the higher the impedance, the more “filtered” the sound will be, and this also affects its volume, reducing it. For this reason, some examples of Bluetooth headphones are equipped with additional amplifiers that balance the limiting effect of impedance.
Autonomy and Power
Preferably using the wireless mode, Bluetooth headphones are powered by an integrated battery, whose autonomy, of course, varies depending on whether it is evaluated during music playback or in conversation.
The newly developed batteries are made of lithium and are rechargeable, usually via a USB cable supplied with the headphones, which can be connected to a computer for recharging.
As a rule, they guarantee an absolute autonomy and a quick recharge, which, however, varies according to the type of connectivity, especially in the models that allow the binary option of use with/without cable. About these latest “hybrid” headphones.
We want to highlight that, although they offer a slightly more limited reproduction autonomy, the opportunity to continue using them even if the battery is discharged, only by connecting the cable, can be exciting on a practical level.
Battery recharge times range from 2 and a half hours to about 4 hours: usually, the batteries of the models with cable have a more extended autonomy, but need a longer time to recharge.
Extra Functionality and Features
The usefulness of voice assistants on devices such as Bluetooth headphones is now well known and equally widespread. In the extremely current context of home automation, the connection with Alexa, for example, allows you to control headphones via voice, both in music playback than when adjusting the volume.
Smart audio allows you to activate functions such as noise cancellation, manage various connections, and also allows you to send voice commands to connected devices, such as stereo and TV.
Most of the headphones on the market are equipped with an integrated microphone, functional for various activities. For example, by connecting the headphones to your smartphone, Bluetooth technology allows you to manage calls directly.
But Bluetooth headphones offer freedom of movement even if they are not connected to a device: there are in fact models equipped with a reader, in which to insert Micro SD cards with your favorite contents.
Which can be accessed only through the integrated controls; if fitted with an FM receiver, the headphones will allow you to listen to your favorite radio without the need for connection to an external receiver.
The ideal device for those who frequently travel by plane or for those who use headphones outdoors or in crowded places such as public transport is a Bluetooth headset with ” noise canceling” technology, i.e.
The active cancellation of noise which, allowing listening only to what is reproduced from the headphones, without interference from the sounds diffused in the environment in which you are, guarantees excellent isolation and therefore superior reception.