Bluetooth technology has experienced a great fortune in recent years, especially with regards to audio devices such as speakers and headphones. Being able to avoid the use of cables, in fact, can be a very positive aspect in many situations.
The Bluetooth headphones, for example, are much sought after by both those who have a sound home audio system and want to have freedom of movement, both by those who are often on the road and look for a way to avoid annoying obstructions.
Bluetooth is a particularly advantageous wireless connection method also for its ease of use and diffusion: all the latest models of smartphones, laptops, and smart TVs. In fact, they are equipped with it, making it very convenient to purchase a device that shares this technology.
Here we have selected the best and latest Bluetooth Headsets that are compatible almost all type of devices.
- INDUSTRY LEADING SOUND – The BlueParrott B550-XT Bluetooth Headset is engineered for superior calls in high-noise environments;...
- VOICE-CONTROLLED CALLS – When you need your hands to do your job, use your voice to activate the headset and control your calls,...
- LONG-HAUL COMFORT – You can wear your BlueParrott headsets all day long; The lightweight design is durable, yet comfortable...
- 24 HOURS OF TALK TIME – Have all-day conversations, with up to 24 plus hours of talk time and 220 hours of standby time per...
- CUSTOMIZABLE – Customize your favorite features with the BlueParrott Button; This Bluetooth headset for truckers is compatible...
- Ideal For: Mobile Professional Who Relies On Mobile Phone For On-The-Go Communication
- Connect To: Mobile Phone, Tablet, And/Or Pc Via Bluetooth
- Audio Performance: Crystal Clear Bluetooth Audio Quality With Triple-Mic Active Digital Signal Processing (Dsp), & Wind Canceling
- Soundguard: Sound Leveling For Listening Comfort And Acoustic Limiting For Protection Against Sounds Above 118 Dba
- Bluetooth 5.0 technology - Provides fast and stable pairing with any iOS and Android smart phones, tablets, laptops, MP3 players...
- Clear Sound- built-in HD microphone with advanced CVC6.0 offers crystal clear audio and natural sound, allowing you to enjoy high...
- Hands-free for calling - This Bluetooth headset With mic Supports Siri and voice assistants. Easily mute/unmute with the touch of...
- Comfortable & convenient - designed to fit either ear, The retractable ear hook and Flip-boom arm swivels and rotates for a...
- Great battery life- With up to 8-10 hours of continuous calls and up to 7.5 days in standby mode, This Bluetooth earpiece lets you...
- Battery Display Charging Case: The Bluetooth headset was built in 55mAh battery, it can be fully charged in 1.5H for continuously...
- Bluetooth V5.1: Adopts the latest version of Bluetooth V5.1, compared with old version, it greatly reduce the chance of cutting...
- Comfortable Wearing: Designed to fit both ears, the retractable ear hook and flip-boom arm swivels and rotates for a comfortable...
- True Wireless Headset with Clear Sound: Built in microphone, it enables you to answer&reject calls and mute on the Bluetooth...
- Easy to Use: Just take the Bluetooth headset out of the charging case, it will automatically enters the pairing status, turn on...
- Ideal For: Mobile professional who relies on mobile phone for on-the-go communication
- Cutting Edge Noise Cancellation: Voyager 5200 features four microphones and a proprietary DSP that work together to cancel...
- Exclusive WindSmart Technology: Six layers of our Unique WindSmart technology detect wind direction and respond accordingly so...
- Comfort-Tested Design: Rigorously tested for stability and comfort on a wide range of ear shapes, so it feels as comfortable on...
- Talk Time & Roaming Range: Up to 7 hours of talk time. Roam up to 98 feet (30 meters)
- ✅ Bundle Of 4 Plantronics Items: Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC Bluetooth Headset, Plantronics Charging Case, Plantronics USB...
- ✅ Range Of 30 meters/98 feet - Plantronics Smart sensors answer calls by simply putting on the Plantronics Voyager 5200-UC...
- ✅ Up To 7 Hours of Talk Time - For all day usage, 9 days of standby - up to 7 days standby time when connected to the...
- ✅ Upgraded Plantronics Microphone - 4 Noise-cancelling layers for ultimate protection against wind noise. The Plantronics...
- ✅ Plantronics Compatibility: 100% to be compatible with RingCentral's Desktop and Mobile app. When using the free "Plantronics...
- Hands-free wireless connection with 100 foot range from PC/Tablet/smartphone and 14 hours of talk time. The stand by time is up to...
- Passive noise cancellation to eliminate background noise and provide amazing sound on both ends of the call. Paired devices: Up to...
- Integrated busy light automatically turns on during a call to let others know you are busy; AC power supply: USB power supply by...
- Dual Bluetooth connectivity to connect to both PC and smartphone at the same time; Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP v1.2, Hands...
- Compatible with all leading UC platforms - Certified for Avaya, Cisco and Skype for business for a plug-and-play experience; Max....
- OFFERS OPTIMIZED FEATURES - The new BlueParrott B450-XT has been upgraded with IP54 water/dust resistance, USB-C charging, and...
- CANCELS 96% OF BACKGROUND NOISE - Hear conversations and be heard clearly with B450-XT. This headset delivers up to 96% noise...
- PROVIDES A ONE-TOUCH ACCESS BUTTON - The customizable BlueParrott Button enables you to access mute, speed dial, Push-To-Talk, and...
- INTEGRATES SEAMLESSLY WITH VARIOUS ENTERPRISE MOBILE DEVICES - Download the BlueParrott App and use BlueParrott's SDK to integrate...
- INCLUDES - BlueParrott B450-XT Noise Canceling Bluetooth Headset; USB-C Charging Cable; Vehicle Charger; Foam Ear Cushion; Mic...
- 【Premium Sound Quality】 Experience outstanding audio quality from powerful, high precision 40mm Hi-Fi stereo drivers -...
- 【Active Noise Cancelling】 Active Noise Canceling (ANC) technology reduces unwanted low frequency background noises, allowing...
- 【Ultra Comfortable Design】 The combination of soft, plush protein leather earpads, an optimized clamping force structure and a...
- 【Boom Mic & Extra Features】 Enhance mic pickup by using the flexible boom microphone and ensure crystal clear voice quality...
- 【24M Warranty & Life-Time Support】 Manufacturer-backed 24 month warranty upon product registration. Video User Guide & FAQ...
- Connects To: For a professional needing to connect to a PC/Mac uses USB-A and/or mobile phone. Compatible with Microsoft Teams and...
- Ideal For: mobile and office professional who relies on their PC/Mac and/or mobile phone for on-the-go communication.
- Audio Performance: Crystal clear Bluetooth audio quality with triple-mic active Digital Signal Processing (DSP), & wind canceling.
- Talk Time & Roaming Range: Up to 7 hours of talk time and you can roam up to 98 feet (30 meters).
- Global Warranty & Wearing Style: 2 years global warranty; light weight over the ear headset.
5 Things to Consider Before Choosing Bluetooth Headphones
Evaluating the performance of a Bluetooth headset is not easy since the acoustic perception is very subjective and because the technical characteristics alone are not enough to accurately describe the quality of the reproduction.
Those that we will provide below are therefore only indicative parameters that can be of orientation in the choice of the headset that suits you, based on the use you want to do with it.
The most important parameters to consider to evaluate the performance of Bluetooth headphones are three: the range of frequencies it covers, the impedance value, and the measurement of the drivers.
Let’s analyze in more detail each of these three characteristics.
The frequencies audible to the human ear are those indicatively included between 20 Hz and 20 kHz, with the due specification that the sensitivity varies from person to person and, in general, tends to “shrink” with advancing age, in particular as regards the perception of high frequencies.
Virtually all headphones on the market today cover the entire spectrum of audible frequencies, and we advise you not to settle for anything less, but it is necessary to make a small note regarding the rates not included in the audible spectrum.
The headphones that also cover the inaudible frequencies, infrasound, and ultrasound, are those that guarantee more magnificent reproduction sounds: a bit as if the vibrations we cannot hear still affect the quality of those we can listen to.
For this reason, if you particularly care for the most faithful audio reproduction possible, you will want to buy Bluetooth headphones that cover a broad spectrum of frequencies.
Impedance is essential to consider because it roughly indicates how clean the sound played by Bluetooth headphones will be. The impedance value is expressed in Ohm.
The unit of measurement for electrical resistance, and can vary, in the headphones currently on the market, from a minimum of 16 to a maximum of 280 Ohm (it is, however, in the latter case, of headphones of the highest quality).
The higher the impedance value, in fact, the more precise and distortion-free the reproduced sound will be, especially at high listening volumes.
This is because the impedance expresses the resistance that meets the electrical signal before being converted into a sound wave, and this is more elevated, the distorted sounds that are not part of the reproduced audio track are better filtered, but they can be created with increasing volume.
This also means that high impedance Bluetooth headphones struggle to reproduce audio tracks at a high volume, and in extreme cases, they may need to be integrated with a particular amplifier, which allows you to raise the listening volume.
On the contrary, low impedance headphones allow listening to even very high amounts, but the cleanliness of the sound will not be optimal, and annoying distortions will be perceived, especially at higher volumes.
The driver is nothing but the small speaker contained in each pavilion of the Bluetooth headphones. Let’s start by saying that in the headphones currently on the market, unless you buy a very high-quality product, the drivers are not more than two, one per pavilion.
Only in some high-end headphones can you find two drivers per building, one dedicated to bass and one to high and medium tones.
What is essential to consider drivers is their size: the more comprehensive the diameter, the better the reproduction will be, especially with regards to the low tones.
As an indication, there are commercially available Bluetooth headphones with drivers that go from a minimum of 30 to a maximum of 50 mm.
Beyond these three characteristics, you may also be interested in the sensitivity of the Bluetooth headphones: it is indicated in dB and expresses the sound output volume.
Most commercially available headphones have a sensitivity between 105 and 109 dB, a value below which we advise you not to go down, especially if you are considering buying headphones with less than perfect sound insulation ( those of the on-ear or supra-aural type, which we will discuss later).
A sensitivity below 100 dB is acceptable in our opinion only in the case of high-end headphones, with over-ear pavilions (which we describe below, where we deal with the structure) and with a high impedance.
Although Bluetooth technology has made significant progress in recent years, headphones capable of achieving particularly high quality, generally marked with the Hi-Fi ( High-Fidelity ) brand, still require the use of cables.
To fully enjoy an immaculate sound faithful to the audio track, moreover, you must also have a high-quality system, often costly, as well as balanced cables compatible only with professional-level equipment.
2. Power Supply
A significant factor to consider is that concerning the battery integrated into the Bluetooth headphones, its autonomy and its full charging times, essential features in particular if it is entirely cable-free headphones.
Which therefore cannot be connected to the phone or to the computer in case the battery runs out. So let’s see some reference parameters for headphones that can also be joined by cable and for those exclusively Bluetooth.
Cable and Bluetooth
- Music Playback Autonomy: in this case, the battery will offer relatively limited freedom, approximately around 20 hours maximum in playback
Talk time: in those models also equipped with a microphone, the talk time is less than the playback time, and can approximately reach 10 hours
- Autonomy in Music Reproduction: these models can have autonomy even double compared to those operating with cable, therefore up to 40 hours
- Talk Time: even in this case, if the headphones are equipped with a microphone, the talk time is reduced compared to the playback time and can reach 30 hours
The charging times of the batteries must also be considered, especially if it is not possible to connect the headphones even with an audio cable.
As an indication, you will find commercially available charging time headphones, around two and a half hours, and headphones with longer charging times, which can reach four and a half hours.
How to Charge the Bluetooth Headphones?
Generally, the batteries used in Bluetooth headphones, such as those integrated into smartphones and tablets, are made of lithium and can be easily recharged. Usually, a Micro USB cable (or USB C in the latest models) is included in the headphones package, which can be connected to a computer to allow charging.
Since the USB ports of PCs can offer minimal power, requiring rather long times to charge the headphones, to speed up the process, many users also use the power adapters of their smartphone. However, this could wear out the battery or cause damage permanent to headphones.
To avoid this, simply check which input the headphones can support (indicated by an abbreviation as 5V 1A, a data generally present in the instruction manual), and what the adapter output is (for smartphones often 5V 2A ).
If the adapter has a lower or equal output than the headphones, there will be no problem in its use. Otherwise, it is preferable to have a compatible model, readily available in online stores.
Depending on which and how many uses you have in mind to make your new Bluetooth headphones, you will also want to consider what features they have. Let’s see in order what are the most popular tasks that you can find on a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
Not all Bluetooth headsets have an integrated microphone, although it is now a reasonably simple addition even to the cheapest products. The models designed exclusively for listening to music, however, will not allow you to make calls with your mobile phone or video calls with your computer.
If you want a pair of headphones that also will enable you to manage telephony, you must, therefore, check that the presence of a microphone is explicitly mentioned on the package or in the datasheet.
One of the main advantages of Bluetooth headphones is to allow great freedom of movement with respect to the device to which the headphones are connected, be it a mobile phone, a computer or another device.
This means being free from physical contact with the device even when you want to change tracks or, in the case of headphones with a microphone, answer an incoming call.
If this kind of freedom attracts you, make sure that the Bluetooth headphones you are about to buy have integrated controls that allow you to perform basic operations: change tracks by skipping to the next or previous one.
Continuing to talk about freedom of movement, there are models of Bluetooth headphones that allow you to ultimately do without a connected device.
We are referring to those models equipped with a Micro SD card reader that will enable you to insert directly into the headphones a card full of your favorite music, which you can access using the controls usually integrated on this type of headphones.
In this way, you will not need to connect, for example, the mobile phone, whose battery will, therefore, not drain to play your music.
For those who are an avid radio listener, a Bluetooth headset can also be exciting, also equipped with an integrated FM receiver. Even in this case, it will be possible to tune in your favorite radio without having to connect headphones to an external receiver.
Noise Cancellation or Reduction
Although we have dedicated a separate page to noise-canceling headphones (of which ” noise reduction ” and ” noise cancellation ” are synonyms), it is worth at least mentioning the possibility of finding a Bluetooth model equipped with this technology.
Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones function correctly, and active noise cancellation requires a microphone capable of recording constant frequencies (such as an airplane engine) so that headphones can then produce a different sound that cancels them.
These are ideal devices for those who travel frequently and need headphones that offer excellent insulation.
The structural characteristics of the Bluetooth headphones that you will buy also deserve some consideration, not only for a matter of comfort, which we will discuss later but also for the different quality of the acoustic experience that the different types of headphones can offer.
We refer, in particular, to the differences between two types of the pavilion: over-ear (or circumaural) and on-ear (or supraural). We see below the main differences between the two.
Bluetooth Headphones Structure
Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones
This type of headset is distinguished by the fact that the pavilions do not rest directly on the building, but on the whole surrounding area, thus enveloping the ear.
Usually, padding presents full and soft, which provides the dual function of isolating the listener from outside noise (with effectiveness in this case much higher than the on-ear type headphones) and to make comfortable the use of headphones.
Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones
The characteristic that distinguishes headphones of this type is that the pavilions rest entirely on the ear, wholly or partially covering it.
The building usually has a soft padded edge that serves the dual function of improving the comfort offered by the headphones, even for extended use, and of creating discreet acoustic insulation with respect to external noises.
There are also some models without this insulating padding, i.e., equipped with an open pavilion, which, however, has the disadvantage of isolating the user very little from the intrusion of external noises, and which we can therefore only recommend for use in environments already quite calm and silent.
However, keep in mind that, for this type of headphones, the insulation is bi-directional: if the pavilion does not isolate you well from external noise, it will not separate the people around you very well from your music.
Finally, it is essential to make some considerations relating to the comfort and practicality offered by the Bluetooth headphones that you are considering buying, and in doing so, you will necessarily have to take into account what is the main use that you plan to do with them.
Depending on whether you are looking for headphones to use for several hours or only for short periods, at home, or while you are out, the features that will make the headphones more comfortable will be different.
Let’s see what we suggest you pay particular attention to. Bluetooth comfort headphones
Weight and Size
The size and weight of the Bluetooth headphones are obviously related to each other, and the bigger a headset, the heavier it will be. For this reason, in general, over-ear headphones are bulkier and more substantial than on-ear headphones and can be more tiring to wear for long periods.
They may also be less practical to take with you outside the home, precisely because the dimensions are more significant, and only in a few cases this type of headset can be folded upon itself.
The presence of comfortable padding is significant, whatever the use you make of your Bluetooth headphones. The most critical fillings are clearly those in contact with the ears, which can vary in size depending on the type of pavilion you have chosen: therefore, make sure that these are really soft and that the external coating does not sweat excessively.
Another part that may or may not have padding is the headband: this will be of particular interest to you if you have to wear headphones for a long time since a rigid headband or with an unpadded fabric lining can be annoying in the long run.
However, it should be considered that this addition will inevitably lead to a slight increase in the weight of the device, ordinarily irrelevant compared to the benefits offered by a comfortable headband.
For some, it may also be interesting to consider whether the padding of the pavilions can be removed and washed.
It is essential, especially if your listening sessions are very long, that the Bluetooth headphones perfectly fit the shape of your head.
For this, you should always prefer models with both the ability to adjust the ‘ bow amplitude, both tiltanti pavilions, that alone will adopt the right inclination to adhere perfectly to your ear or your face.
The type of on-ear headphones is designed to be practical to wear and take with you even outside the home: the structure with the smallest and lightest pavilions, we have seen, favors the portability of these headphones.
In many cases, headphones of this type can also be folded upon themselves, so that they can fit comfortably in a jacket pocket, bag, or backpack.
If your headphones have to accompany you in all your movements, you may be interested, in addition to the possibility of folding them, also if they are supplied with a protective case, preferably rigid, so as not to risk damaging them between one trip and another.
We mentioned above that there are hybrid Bluetooth headsets, which can also be used with the cable. It is true, as we have pointed out, that in general, this type of Bluetooth headset offers a little more limited playback autonomy.
But it is equally valid that, if the battery is discharged while you are away from home, you can continue listening merely connecting the cable. In that case, you can use the bluetooth extenders. It can save you from cable troubles.
This can be a significant advantage for those who use headphones a lot while on the move, travelling, in the gym, or during daily commutes on public transport.