The world of supplements and nutritional products can be a little disconcerting for a newcomer. With so many vitamins, minerals, enzymes and chemical compounds available, choosing a product becomes almost impossible. But what if we told you that a single pill could help you achieve your goals in a simple, safe and effective way?
Multivitamins are supplements that contain a series of nutrients formulated to meet the daily requirement of vitamins and minerals necessary to maintain an optimal state of health.
In this article, we will introduce you to the main best dim supplement and explain how to choose the most suitable product for you.
Right here we are providing the best dim supplements. These are used b men’s for mostly for bodybuilding purposes.
- 120 Vegetarian Capsules of the Highest Quality Diindolylmethane (DIM) Per Bottle
- Extra Strength Serving of 300mg of DIM per Capsule. 1 Serving, Just 1 Capsule
- Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegetarian, 3rd Party Tested
- Contains BioPerine For Improved Absorption
- Made in a GMP Compliant, FDA Registered Facility
- SETTING THE STANDARD: DIM 200 plus BioPerine is SMNutrition's signature DIM formulation. Hundreds of thousands of customers rely...
- A REVOLUTION IN HORMONE BALANCE: DIM supplements aid in hormone balance by supporting the body’s metabolism of excess estrogen;...
- DIM IS A MUST HAVE FOR MEN TOO: For men, DIM may help reduce excess estrogen and aid with physical fitness, prostate health...
- EVERYTHING IN ONE SMALL CAPSULE: A single bottle of DIM contains 2 months of once-a-day servings in small vegetable capsules....
- UNQUESTIONED QUALITY: DIM 200 is Third-Party Tested, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegan.org Certified, HALAL Certified, Gluten...
- Clinically studied BR-DIM promotes balanced estrogen metabolism in men and women.* BR-DIM can help support premenstrual breast...
- Enhanced absorption with bioavailable BR-DIM, superior to regular DIM that is poorly absobed by the body.* With DIM-Plus, you are...
- Women take 2 capsules daily with food. Men take 2 capsules twice daily with food.
- Gluten-free and vegetarian. No sugar, salt, wheat, yeast, dairy products, artificial flavors, or preservatives. Contains BR-DIM...
- Nature’s Way is a trusted health partner that believes healthy starts inside. Get the essential vitamins, minerals, and...
- ☑️ #1 EXTRA STRENGTH DIM: 300mg of pure DIM and 5mg of BioPerine ensures you get all you need in just one easy to swallow...
- ☑️ ESTROGEN & HORMONE BALANCE: DIM helps to aid in hormonal balance by supporting the body’s metabolism and reducing excess...
- ☑️ DIM IS FOR MEN TOO: For men, DIM serves as an estrogen blocker and may promote Estrogen Balance, Metabolism Support,...
- ☑️ ENHANCED WITH BIOPERINE: For maximum absorption of DIM, we added BioPerine (all-natural black pepper extract). BioPerine...
- ☑️ MADE IN USA - QUALITY YOU CAN TRUST: Our DIM is Vegan, Non-GMO, Third Party Tested and GMP Certified. Proudly made in the...
- Hormone Balance for Men and Women: Hormone balance is important for overall health and wellness because it supports healthy...
- Benefits for Women: Thorne’s Estrogen Balance promotes an optimal balance of hormone levels in the body, including those...
- Benefits for Men: Reducing an excess level of estrogen promotes physical fitness and healthy weight, supports energy production,...
- Complementary Ingredients: The formula combines diindolylmethane (DIM), pomegranate extract, and sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS)....
- Trusted: Thorne is chosen by champions and trusted by 100+ pro teams. Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate...
- With NOW DIM 200 you can promote healthy hormone metabolism by supporting your body’s normal detoxification processes.*...
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available...
- Promotes Helathy Hormone Metabolism*
- With Calcium D-Glucarate
- Detoxification Support*
- Encourages Normal Estrogen Metabolism
- Helps Control Appetite
- Promotes Detoxification
- ✔ SUPPORT FOR YOUR BODY DURING MENOPAUSE - DIM & Bio Perine effectively maintains your body's ability to regulate hormonal...
- ✔ MAXIMIZE PROSTATE & REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH - Organicially stabilized vegitarian blend of DIM is an aromatase inhibitor and works...
- ✔ THE PERFECT FORMULA FOR MAXIMUM ABSORPTION - DIM + Bioperine (black pepper extract, BPE) is an complex extract from organic...
- ✔ EQUIVALENT TO EATING 1.5 POUNDS OF BROCCOLI A DAY - With over 400mg of DIM in each capsule, Nutrivein is offering 4x the dose...
- ✔ TRUSTED BRAND - Satisfaction Assured: If our premium DIM complex pills do not bring noticeable value to you and you don't...
Buying Guide: Everything You Need to Know About the Best Dim Supplements
Multivitamins are supplements that contain a variety of vitamins and sometimes other substances such as minerals or essential amino acids. These products are very popular because they allow you to solve several nutritional deficiencies at once, simplifying the integration of these substances as much as possible without sacrificing quality.
What Exactly Is a Multivitamin?
A multivitamin is a supplement that brings three or more vitamins and minerals, contributing to the maintenance of good health.
The combination of these nutrients will vary from supplement to supplement and, before making our purchase, it will be necessary to precisely define which benefit we want to obtain.
These products are particularly useful for dealing with situations of deficiencies caused by insufficient nutrition, a stressful lifestyle or any other vital need that produces a nutritional imbalance in the body.
There are also multivitamins intended for more specific situations, such as pregnancy and breastfeeding.
What Vitamins Are Found in Vitamin Supplements?
A vitamin is an essential substance for the well-being of the human body. These microscopic compounds regulate cellular functioning and are fundamental for survival. However, these molecules cannot be synthesized by the body and can only be obtained through food.
Not all multivitamin supplements are created equal. There are infinite combinations of essential nutrients that combine to create a large variety of products.
Our age, sex, health conditions and the degree of activity will determine some specific nutritional needs that will be integrated with the most suitable multivitamin.
In any case, several vitamins are used almost constantly in this type of product. In the following table you can find a useful summary of the essential molecules that fall into the composition of most multivitamins, along with a small summary of their main functions.
What Are the Consequences of A Vitamin Deficiency?
If the recommended nutritional needs are not met, imbalances will occur in our body which will affect our health in the short and long term. The most common symptoms will be nonspecific, such as exhaustion, general malaise and a greater propensity to get sick. The deficiency of certain vitamins will provoke more specific manifestations:
Vitamin A deficiency will cause night vision difficulties. If this deficit continues over time, the immune system and cellular regeneration capacity will also be affected.
The deficiency of vitamins B1, B2, B2, B5 and B6 will adversely affect energy production, hindering the absorption and use of nutrients and, ultimately, energy production.
Folic acid deficiency (B9) can cause anemia, canker sores and the premature appearance of gray hair. In pregnant women, the frequency of fetal malformations will increase.
Vitamin B12 deficiency is particularly problematic for vegans and vegetarians. It can cause anemia, neurological symptoms (such as limb numbness, memory loss, and mood swings) and digestive symptoms (especially loss of appetite and constipation).
The deficit of vitamin C will cause exhaustion and hinder the immune system functions. A serious deficiency could lead to the onset of scurvy, a disease that is very rare today and is manifested by abundant bleeding, gum sores and psychiatric disorders.
A deficiency of vitamin D will affect the absorption of calcium and its integration in the bones, raising the risk of suffering fractures and suffering from osteoporosis. This deficit will also affect cardiovascular health, causing hypertension and other heart conditions.
Vitamin E deficiency can cause premature aging. Also, a serious deficiency will damage the nervous system and affect cognitive ability, impairing memory and learning.
A decrease in vitamin K levels will affect the body’s clotting and healing abilities, leading to abundant bleeding and preventing wounds from healing.
Knowing the main symptoms associated with hypovitaminosis (deficiency of one or more vitamins) will help us detect and treat any imbalance before our health is affected. Remember that stress and unhealthy lifestyle habits (drugs, poor nutrition, and sedentary lifestyle) will aggravate these symptoms.
What Other Substances Are Found in Multivitamin Supplements?
In addition to vitamins, multivitamins can contain other nutrients necessary for the proper functioning of our body. Many supplements contain one or more minerals (inorganic substances necessary for the maintenance of body functions and which should be obtained through the diet). The most used are:
- Calcium: Although this mineral is best known for being present in the teeth and bones, it is also essential for other vital processes such as blood clotting and muscle contraction. A deficiency of this will cause generalized weakness and affect bone health, increasing the chances of suffering fractures and suffering from rickets and osteoporosis.
- Iron: This element is necessary for the transfer of gas (especially oxygen) into the blood and muscles. One of its deficiencies, responsible for iron deficiency anemia, affects women of childbearing age in particular.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus also takes part in the formation of bones and teeth. Also, this mineral intervenes in the synthesis of energy and the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. A deficiency of this will affect bone health and lead to generalized weakness.
- Magnesium: This mineral is essential for the formation of new muscle tissue. Also, it regulates the levels of other minerals. If its levels are too low, fatigue, weakness and mood changes will appear.
- Manganese: This mineral, often confused with magnesium, is essential for hormonal synthesis and for the absorption and activation of other antioxidant substances, such as vitamin C. A deficiency of it will lead to alterations at all levels of the body (loss of hair loss, nail loss, bone weakness and growth changes).
- Selenium: This element is considered an antioxidant mineral that prevents premature aging. In men it can promote fertility, increasing sperm production.
- Copper: This mineral regulates the correct absorption of iron, therefore a decrease in iron could also be indirectly responsible for the appearance of anemia. Furthermore, it is an essential element for energy production, keeping tiredness under control.
Some multivitamins, in addition to vitamins and minerals, may contain other additional substances. Plant extracts are widely used, such as ginseng (which provides energy and vitality and strengthens defenses), and chemicals such as coenzyme Q10 (a substance naturally present in the human body, responsible for 95% of energy production).
This type of product can also include healthy fatty acids (such as the well-known omega-3 acids, which keep the brain and heart-healthy) and substances such as phosphatidylserine, a phospholipid that is part of cell membranes and has proven to be an effective protector of mental and intellectual functions.
Which Individuals Have a High Risk of Suffering from Vitamin and Mineral Deficiency?
People at high risk of suffering from some type of food deficiency (especially vitamins or minerals) are those who, for some reason, have an increased need for nutrients or an excessive decrease in their absorption.
Individuals with An Increase in Nutritional Needs
- Growth Processes: Children and adolescents have a greater nutritional need to be able to carry out hormonal, bone and brain growth and maturation processes. If their nutrition in these periods is not adequate, serious deficiencies may occur that will require medical supervision.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: The development of the fetus and the feeding of the newborn entail an overload on the mother’s body, which will need a greater nutritional intake to complete both processes. In these situations, doctors and midwives usually recommend using a vitamin supplement.
- Wound Healing and Convalescence: Sports injuries, accidental fractures, burns and any other type of traumatic event will destroy tissues that will have to rebuild themselves using the nutrients present in the body. This increases the need for minerals and vitamins.
- Challenging Training Programs: Vigorous exercise stimulates muscle growth and repair. If you want an increase in muscle mass based on the physical effort made during training, it will be essential to provide a sufficient amount of nutrients to support the anabolic (growth) processes.
- Heavy Lifestyle: Stress causes the release into the bloodstream of dozens of hormones and chemicals necessary to face the different demands of daily life. Many minerals and vitamins will be consumed to create these chemicals, which increases the risk of suffering from some type of deficiency.
Unfortunately, when searching for the perfect multivitamin you will find many products of questionable quality. If you want to make the right decision, pay attention to the following purchase criteria and consider them when buying a multivitamin supplement:
- Allergies and intolerances
- Gastrointestinal complaints
- Additional substances
- Method of hiring
- Sweeteners and dyes
- Value for money
Allergies and Intolerances
The ingredients of multivitamins have very different origins: plant, animal and mineral elements. If you suffer from some type of intolerance, before buying remember to inform you about the allergens present in the supplement.
Fortunately, there are many gluten, lactose, dried fruit and soy products. On the other hand, if you follow a strict vegan or vegetarian diet, you will have to limit yourself to multivitamins without ingredients of animal origin.
These supplements will feature a vegan quality label on the packaging that will ensure that they have been produced entirely with 100% plant-based ingredients.
If you comply with some general recommendations (such as those that we have illustrated in the course of this article), multivitamins can be used safely. However, by introducing these products into their usual diet, some people experience gastrointestinal complaints.
Usually, such ailments (flatulence, heaviness of stomach and swelling) do not indicate any serious pathology. You can alleviate them by taking the supplement along with meals.
If you are inclined to suffer from gastrointestinal disorders, choose a multivitamin specially designed for people with a stomach ache and avoid iron-containing formulations.
In your supplement, you can find numerous additional ingredients. For the most part these are enzymes (which generate chemical reactions) or plant extracts.
If you notice an unknown substance in your multivitamin, do a quick search on that ingredient to make sure it’s effective and safe. Some of these elements are:
- Ginseng: Medicinal plant widely used in traditional Chinese medicine. Many healing and energizing effects are attributed to it.
- Gingko Biloba: Plant native to China. It is attributed to properties that promote circulation and improve blood clotting.
- Guarana: Amazonian shrub with stimulating properties similar to those of caffeine.
- Chamomile: Plant traditionally used as a treatment for stomach upset, flatulence and agitation.
- Valerian: Medicinal plant with sedative and relaxing effects.
- Coenzyme Q10: Enzyme responsible for the formation of energy in the human body.
- Omega-3: Fatty acid essential for cardiovascular and brain health.
- Phosphatidylserine: Substance that is part of cell membranes. It could promote neuronal functions.
- L-Theanine: Green tea extract which has anxiolytic and antioxidant properties.
- Caffeine: Known stimulant and metabolism activator.
Method of Hiring
Generally, multivitamin supplements are marketed in the form of tablets and only one per day is needed to benefit from all its effects. However, you can also purchase these products in the form of powder or liquid. Choose the most suitable format for you: the effectiveness of the multivitamin will remain unchanged.
Sweeteners and Dyes
We recommend that you choose a multivitamin free of artificial colors and sweeteners. Although these additives are usually used to impart a better flavor or smell to the supplement, they can cause intestinal ailments and very unpleasant allergic reactions. If possible, choose a product with 100% organic and natural ingredients.
Value for money
The use of multivitamin supplements usually lasts for a period of one to three months. We recommend that you choose a product that contains enough capsules, powder or liquid to be used for thirty days or more. If you need to save, remember that you can wait for the discounts: these supplements take years to expire.