Sooner or later, everyone happens to hear about iron supplements. In particular, women suffer from a condition known as anemia, whose main symptoms, tiredness and weakness, are due, in most cases, precisely to a reduction in the iron reserves in the blood.
Health and nutrition professionals often use iron supplements to treat anemia. Outside of the medical field, few people know the secrets of this food supplement. In our article, we will talk about iron and how to take advantage of this beneficial mineral. Keep reading!
Here we had listed out the best quality of iron supplements that are given below.
- Increase Iron Levels Without The Nausea: Clinically shown to combat fatigue and improve energy levels without causing nausea or constipation; A gentle and effective source of iron
- Nourish Your Body: Delivers 26 mg of Iron; Includes folic acid and B12 for healthy red blood cell production; Safe for menstruating and pregnant women, teenage girls, vegans and vegetarians
- Farm Fresh Whole Foods: Crafted using our Slo-Food Process; Includes Beet Root and Vitamin C delivered together with organic oranges to support iron absorption; Take 1 tablet any time of day
- Obsessed With Quality: Made without GMOs, tested for 125+ herbicides and pesticides, Free of gluten, dairy and soy; Certified B Corp; Certified Glyphosate Residue Free; Certified Kosher
- Made With Real Food, And Real Purpose: Premium supplements made with real food and added nutrients; We work with trusted farm partners who share our commitment to organic and regenerative agriculture
- Iron is a necessary component of hemoglobin, the oxygen carrier in the blood*
- Iron supports energy utilization and normal red blood cell production*
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
- Ingredients: Dried Ferrous Sulfate 205 mg (equivalent to 325 mg Liquid Ferrous Sulfate which provides 65 mg elemental Iron per tablet), Vegetable Cellulose, Crospovidone. Contains <2% of: Maltodextrin, Silica, triacetin, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate
- Vitron-C is high potency iron supplement for iron deficiency and boosts energy by helping to fight fatigue in users with low iron levels
- Contains 125 mg of Vitamin C to support a healthy immune system and to improve iron absorption
- Contains carbonyl iron which provides gradual and gentle iron absorption and helps minimize constipation
- Gluten-free and vegan
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Advanced, Patented Form Of Iron; Solgar Gentle Iron 25mg is gentle on your system; Non-constipating, stomach friendly iron supplement for women and men
- Enhanced Absorption Formulation; Helps promote iron-rich blood; Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, the protein that carries oxygen from lungs to all body tissues and cells
- Supports Energy Utilization; Iron promotes normal red blood cell production; Iron is a key mineral and essential nutrient for many biological functions
- Non-GMO & Gluten Free; Solgar Gentle Iron 25mg Vegetable Capsules are suitable for vegans; Free of: gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, yeast, sugar, sodium, artificial flavor, sweetener, and color
- The Gold Standard: For over 70 years, Solgar has been committed to quality, health, and well-being. Our mission is to create the finest nutritional supplements in small batches, through tireless research, using only the finest raw materials
- Iron Gummies for Women, Men, & Kids - Each bottle contains 100 delicious chewable organic grape-flavored iron gummies that are an excellent source of Iron (Fe), Vitamin C, A, Vitamin B Complex (B3, B5, B6, B12), Folic Acid, Biotin, and Zinc. *
- All-In-One Multivitamin Supplement - Our iron supplements were created to help you maintain healthy iron levels. Iron is known to provide support for immune defense and alleviation of unpleasant symptoms of low iron levels such as anemia, fatigue, poor concentration, and muscle metabolism. *
- For Everyday Performance - Our iron gummies are easy to include in your routine and provide maximum benefits whether you are a high-performance athlete or a regular person looking for an easy way to maintain a healthy balance for mind and body. You will look forward to your daily dose of our delicious grape iron gummies! *
- Your Happiness Matters - Our customers are the heartbeat of our company and we will do whatever it takes to ensure your complete satisfaction. If you have any concerns or are not completely satisfied with your order, contact us as we are happy to help!
- Our products are made with quality ingredients in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified facility, holding the highest standards of production and safety. Our iron gummies are non-GMO, gelatin-free, Halal certified, vegetarian, and free of preservatives such as gluten, soy, eggs, dairy, nuts, or animal products. *
- Gentle Vegan Iron Supplement: 25 mg of Iron with Vitamin C from Organic Acerola Cherries and Iron-Rich Whole Food Blend including Organic Beet, Spinach, Kale, Swiss Chard, and Pumpkin Seed. Increase energy and decrease fatigue without nausea or constipation.
- Advanced Bioavailability for Better Absorption: Our Iron is formulated as Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate which has nearly 2x more bioavailability than other forms of Iron such as ferrous sulfate, gluconate or fumarate. The addition of Vitamin C further enhances the absorption of our Iron, so you can get better results.
- Doctor Recommended Iron Levels: Perfect way to supplement your diet with Iron for healthy red blood cell functions. Designed for individuals with common iron deficiencies such as pregnant women, menstruating girls, vegans and vegetarians, dialysis patients, frequent blood donors, and anemic men or women.
- Premium Quality & Safety: Unlike cheaper brands this product is Made in GMP-Certified facility in the USA with Premium Ingredients that are Non-GMO, Natural, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Vegan & Vegetarian, and contain NO Coloring, Flavoring, or Preservatives.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Proven effectiveness with a Full Money-Back Guarantee. The best supplements come from nature, not from a lab. Experience the NATURELO difference today!
- best seller - floradix is the best - selling natural liquid iron supplement in north america. why? because it helps fight back against iron deficiency by promoting the formation of healthy red blood cells. it also is easily absorbed and many people experience far better absorption of iron compared to tablets.
- no constipation - this safe, low dose, liquid iron supplement is formulated for easy absorption and assimilation and is gentle on the digestive tract due to its use of ferrous gluconate, a highly soluble iron compound. plus, we combine all natural herbal extracts and fruit juices for a great taste! suggested use: adults take 10 ml twice daily. children 6 - 12 take 10 ml once daily. best taken within 30 minutes before meals
- perfect for all women - floradix is especially suitable for women - including expectant, pregnant, nursing, lactating, menstruating, and athletic women! also great for men, growing children and persons whose diet is lacking in natural iron and vitamins. if you have been diagnosed with anemia or are looking for an iron supplement, try floradix today!
- all natural - vegetarian, lactose free, non gmo, alcohol free, and dairy free. floradix does not contain any preservatives, colorings, or artificial flavorings and is an all natural product.
- naturally added vitamins - floradix has natural herbal extracts and fruit juices that has vitamin c and so much more! each serving 90% daily value of vitamin b6, 110% of vitamin b12, and also thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin b1, and b2.
- Rapidly absorbed female formula. Red blood cell production, energy, and general health support for women. Full daily value, potent but gentle menstrual cycle, pre, and postnatal formula.
- All the iron you need. Women are particularly susceptible to an iron deficiency when pregnant and from blood loss during periods. These pills contain 35mg, which is 194 percent of your daily value.
- Full of folate. Also known as folic acid or vitamin B-9, folate is an essential DNA and blood cell builder and protects against anemia. A single pill provides 167 percent of your daily folate value.
- Prenatal support. Folate is especially important for normal fetal development. pregnancy. It can reduce the chances of birth defects including Spina Bifida, and lower the risk of preterm births.
- Does this sound like you? Fatigue, dizziness, shortness of breath, pale skin, brittle nails, and hair could indicate iron or folate deficiency. Consider a supplement and taking advice from a doctor.
- BOOSTED IRON ABSORPTION: Vitamin Code RAW non-binding iron pills contain 28mg of gentle whole food iron and whole food vitamins C, B-6, and B-12 to support iron absorption and utilization
- PROBIOTICS AND ENZYMES: Our vegan iron supplement includes a RAW probiotic and enzyme blend for digestive support
- ENERGY SUPPLEMENT: Our iron vitamins support healthy hemoglobin levels, healthy blood circulation, healthy homocysteine metabolism, increased energy, improved physical performance, and skin health
- NATURAL COFACTORS: Vitamin Code iron supplements include a RAW Veggie Mineral Blend of 17 organically grown vegetables & 75 ancient soil based alkalizing trace minerals containing natural cofactors
- VEGAN VITAMIN: Our real food iron supplement is RAW, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free with No Binders or Fillers. Offers anemia support
- Great Tasting For Easy Compliance - Our Great Tasting Cherry flavored Iron Soft Chews provide optimal amounts of 45mg of iron and Vitamin C in a great tasting, candy like vitamin that’s easy on the stomach, easy to digest and has minimal gastrointestinal side effects on most users!
- High Quality Iron Supplement – Our individual wrapped cherry-flavored Iron Soft Chews contain 45mg of Iron as Ferrous Fumarate with 60mg of Vitamin C, and each bottle contains a two-month supply of 60 individually wrapped vitamins. Each delicious Iron soft chew is sugar and gluten free and has a candy like taste and texture similar to Iron Gummies.!
- Increase Iron Absorption Rates – Our iron supplements contain high-quality iron and Vitamin C that work with the body to increase iron absorption rates, while also providing immune and antioxidant benefits. Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants and helps to protect the body’s cells against damage from free radicals, such as poor diet, environmental pollutants, stress and more!
- Formulated For Those Who Need Iron – Fusion Lifestyle Iron Soft Chews Supplements utilize a unique formula that was originally designed by a bariatric surgical team to benefit bariatric weight loss patients and those with anemia. Our Iron Supplement for Women, Men, Prenatal, Postnatal or anyone is perfect for all those who may suffer from anemia or low Iron levels.
- Manufactured in the U.S.A.!
Buying Guide to Select the Best Iron Supplements
What Is Iron?
Iron is a metal present in large quantities in the Earth: it represents, in fact, about 5% of the Earth’sEarth’s crust. As for nutrition, this substance is indispensable in small quantities for the proper functioning of the human body. The cells of our organism strictly control their absorption, regulation, and metabolism.
Iron is involved in numerous processes in human biology. This mineral causes specific chemical reactions to take place and is an essential part of two proteins responsible for the circulation of oxygen and nutrients (myoglobin and hemoglobin). In the following list, we explain these functions in detail.
Enzymatic functions (chemical reagents): Among other things, iron plays an important role in the synthesis of DNA, in the formation of collagen, in the regulation of the immune system, in defense of the organism in front of microbes that cause diseases and in the regulation of blood pH.
Myoglobin formation: Myoglobin is a protein that stores oxygen in the skeletal muscles (which deal with voluntary movements) and in the myocardium (heart muscle). Thanks to iron, this protein can form properly and release oxygen to muscle fibers in the most necessary moments.
Hemoglobin formation: Hemoglobin has a structure similar to myoglobin. This protein is found in red blood cells, endowing them with the ability to transport oxygen to the tissues that need it and to remove the carbon dioxide resulting from cellular metabolism. For the formation of this protein, iron is needed.
What Symptoms Does an Iron Deficiency Cause?
An iron deficiency will negatively affect all the processes that depend on this mineral, in particular the formation of hemoglobin. When this blood protein reduces its synthesis, the number of red blood cells drops. This pathology is known as iron deficiency anemia. Its signs and symptoms are listed in the following list:
Mild Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Fatigue: Tiredness in the face of activities that previously did not involve any effort is usually one of the first symptoms of anemia. By reducing the amount of hemoglobin, the body’s tissues (including those of the muscles and the brain) receive less blood supply and are more prone to exhaustion.
- Pallor: Hemoglobin gives blood its characteristic scarlet color. An iron deficiency (and, therefore, hemoglobin deficiency) will make the skin pale. In dark-skinned people, this whiteness can be seen in the mucous membranes (for example, in the inner lining of the eyelids, which will appear whitish rather than pinkish).
- Headache: If the transport of oxygen and nutrients to the brain is compromised due to a lack of iron, recurrent headaches may occur.
Lack of concentration: Decreased brain oxygenation can make it difficult to concentrate on studying or working.
- Nails and Brittle Hair: The lack of blood supply to hair and nails will make their tissues fragile. Hair will lose shine and, if iron deficiency is severe enough, it can fall out. As for the nails, they will tend to break easily and can take on a concave appearance known as koilonychia.
- Strange Cravings: An iron deficiency can provoke the strange desire to eat ice, clay, EarthEarth, plaster, or the lime of the walls: it is how the body tries to recover part of the mineral it is lacking.
- Anxiety: The lack of tissue oxygen caused by iron deficiency can cause a state of nervousness and constant anxiety.
- Most Frequent Infections: Iron is essential for the proper functioning of the immune system. A deficiency of it will affect the function of white blood cells and complicate the destruction of microbes, which will cause more infections such as colds and gastroenteritis.
Severe Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Lack of Appetite: Anemia has been found to cause weakness and loss of appetite in some people. Eating less will further worsen anemia, creating a vicious cycle.
- Palpitations and Accelerated Heart Rhythm: The heart muscle will try to compensate for the drop in hemoglobin by increasing the frequency of the beats. This will increase the speed at which the blood reaches the various tissues of the body, but will cause tachycardia and palpitations.
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Iron deficiency anemia has been linked to a higher incidence of this unpleasant disease. Tingling in the legs occurs in this syndrome, which usually occurs during rest periods and can cause insomnia.
- In Children and Adolescents, Reduced Growth: Iron is essential for the proper development of younger people. If anemia is not treated early, it could endanger growth.
- Underweight Babies: Pregnant women with very severe anemias have been shown to give birth to children of lower weight and higher complication rates than healthy women. Mild anemia, however, is not a cause for concern and is not considered harmful to pregnant women.
There are different causes of iron deficiency. A poor intake of this mineral, a deficient absorption by the body, greater iron losses, or an increase in nutritional needs can determine the appearance of iron deficiency anemia. The population groups that present the greatest risks of presenting this deficiency are listed in the following list:
- Less iron intake
- Individuals who follow diets rich in carbohydrates and poor in products of animal origin (especially vegans and vegetarians)
- People who undergo low-calorie weight-loss diets
- People suffering from eating disorders
- Iron deficiency deficiency
- People with celiac disease
- People with Crohn’s disease
- People with ulcerative colitis
- Individuals who have undergone surgery with which part of the intestine or stomach has been removed (bariatric surgery or surgery to treat cancer, Crohn’s disease or colitis)
- Increase in iron losses
- Women with heavy menstruation or endometriosis
- People who lose blood due to various diseases (especially esophageal varices or colon cancer)
- Increased nutritional needs
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Children and adolescents in the growing age
- People who play very demanding sports
- Stressed people (students in exam periods, workers in very demanding tasks)
In most cases, people who suffer from iron deficiency anemia are women of childbearing age because they lose large amounts of blood during menstruation. Anemias that appear in non-menstruating people can have more serious causes and should be studied in depth by a doctor.
Who Can Benefit from An Iron Supplement?
If symptoms of anemia appear, it is recommended that you seek medical attention to rule out potentially serious problems, such as colon cancer. Once it is ascertained that the deficiency of this mineral is due to an unbalanced diet or an increase in losses due to physiological causes, an iron supplement will be a useful addition to the diet.
Fortunately, young people, women with heavy menstruation, and vegans suffer from the most benign type of iron deficiency anemia, which is usually detected by a simple blood test. These people will greatly benefit from using an iron supplement, noting the following effects after treatment.
What Types of Iron Supplements Are There?
When buying a new iron supplement, you will find several preparations based on this mineral. The iron molecule is very unstable on its own, so it is necessary to combine it with other substances so that it does not degrade and lose its functions. In the following list, you will find more information on these substances.
- Ferrous Sulphate: This is the most popular iron compound, and that appears in most of the supplements of this mineral. Although it is an economical and safe product, it must be taken on an empty stomach so as not to impair its absorption. It can cause unwanted gastrointestinal effects.
- Ferrous Gluconate: This type of supplement contains two amino acid molecules that increase absorption so that it can be taken together with food. Besides, this substance involves fewer gastrointestinal discomfort than ferrous sulfate.
- Ferrous Bisglycinate: This supplement is more delicate with the digestive system of the most sensitive people. In general, fewer side effects will occur when using bis-glycinate.
- Other Preparations (lactate and Citrate): There are numerous combinations of iron and other substances (such as lactate or Citrate). In this case, it is recommended to choose supplements that offer ferrous iron (Fe II) instead of ferric iron (Fe III). The ferrous form of this mineral is more easily absorbed.
Besides, you can find combinations of iron and other nutrients, such as vitamin C (an antioxidant that can improve the absorption of this mineral), folic acid (another nutrient essential for the synthesis of red blood cells) and vitamin B12 ( a compound that tends to be missing in vegan diets). You can find more information about these substances in this blog.