Headphones with microphone are a very practical device not only for those who have to work but also for those who want to listen to music and have the opportunity to make calls or video calls without the fear that some curious people will eavesdrop on what is being said.
And let’s not forget gaming, where in addition to needing to ‘enter’ the game, you can talk to your teammates. If you’ve ever thought about buying a pair of headphones with a microphone, you already know that choosing them is not that simple.
The market offers many models with functions really for all tastes, so much so that many believe that it has become almost impossible to find the perfect headphones for your style.
Here we had selected some of the best models of the headphones with a microphone.
- MINIMIZE UNWANTED NOISE: With a unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone, this mic only picks up sound from a specific side or direction of the microphone. This helps minimize all ambient noise while speaking or recording. Ideal for K12 classroom learning, conference and Skype calls and webinars.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: With an adjustable headband and leatherette ear pads, these on ear headphones can be adjusted to fit most head sizes and with an ambidextrous microphone boom arm, you can choose whether you want the mic on the left or right hand side.
- EASY TO USE: Simply plug in and play, no installation needed. Connect 3.5mm plug directly to your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, MP3 player or gaming system. The volume control on the headphone cord makes it easy to manage the volume.
- DURABLE DESIGN: These headsets are hardwearing and long lasting, which is vital when being frequently used in school and businesses. The cord is made from a Braided TuffCord, which is tangle free, ultra-durable and student proof!
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Includes 1 year hassle free warranty.
- Crystal Clear Chat Headset: Built in Omni-directional microphone which can be twisted discretionarily picks up your voice loud & clear; Reduces unwanted background noise for clear conversation; Great ideal for Dragon speak, Online courses, Skype chat, call center, conference calls, webinar presentations and more
- 3.5mm Jack/USB Plug Connection Options: The 3.5mm jack audio cable can be detached from the control box which gives you an additional connection option for cell phones and tablet; Or you can use the USB plug with control box to work with PC; Long headset's cord offers flexibility to move around; Notice: Please do not connect with power amplifier
- Noise Reduction Sound Card & Easy Access Control: Convenient inline volume control & Mic/Speaker Mute for easy access; Built-in noise-reduction sound card of the control box lower noise output from devices; Provide outstanding audio on both transmit and receive
- Extended Wear Comfort: Headband and fluffy earpads pad with memory foam and wrapped by skin-friendly protein leather; Comfortably fit your head with the adjustable steel slider; Gentle Reminder: Depending on your head/ear size/shape, it may be a little tight for someone to wear which is designed to avoid sound leakage; In case of that and to get both audio and wearing comfort, please take off the headphone every 1-2 hours to get your ears relax and protect them from muggy environment in use
- Multi Purpose & Wide Compatibility: This headset can be used mainly for chatting, secondarily for music, and if needed, as a backup to a priority gamer headset (It is NOT specially designed for gaming, please DON'T compare it with professional gaming headsets); Wide compatible with Windows 2000/7/8/10/XP/Vista, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Tablet PC
- Hifi Stereo Sound and Built-in HD Microphone: 40 mm drivers can provide a dynamic, forward sound with impressive bass response, helping lose yourself in the music, no matter at home, school or travel. In-line microphone is convenient for hands-free calling, distanced learning and zoom meeting. (NOTE: microphone function do not support PC)
- Comfortable Design and Adjustable Fit: soft protein leather and memory foam earpads fit perfectly on your ears, ensuring outstanding comfort and making them ideal for all day use. The easy adjustable headband allows you to get the perfect fit for burden-free listening experience.
- Fold-flat Design and Portable to Go: With swivel ear cups, the lightweight headphones can lay flat for compact storage so as to easy storage in pocket, purse, bags or suitcase. Keep tidy and organized at office or enjoy portable convenience on road trips, buses, on planes and drive rides.
- Universal Compatibility and Anti-Bend Spring: Sturdy and durable 3.5mm audio jack can work perfectly with almost all smartphones, tablets, laptops, iPad, iPod, PC and more devices with single 3.5mm audio port. Spring near the connector prevent the wire from bend to live longer.
- Durable Material and Customer's Service: Excellent build quality and sturdy construction can lasted longer than other headphones. Vogek headphones offer quick customer service. For any questions while using, please contact us at any time via email.
- Stereo headset with unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone
- Uses a single 3.5mm plug connection and includes a dual 3.5mm Y-adapter
- Easy to clean leatherette ear pads
- Extra durable design and cable provide long lifespan for student and computer lab use
- Also good for business,enterprise, or personal use
- Noise-canceling Boom Design: The 270-degree rotatable boom mic ensures precise positioning and optimal noise cancellation, staying clear of the customer service representative's peripheral vision while helping ensure that customers hear every word. Also, you can wear it on the left or right ear as you like
- All-day Comfort: Mpow Skype Headset provides the customer service representative with an ultra-lightweight fit. Made from artificial leather ear cushions, leather Headband, It's high-end and comfortable enough to wear all day, on your longest calls, especially for Telephone-intensive users, including formal customer care centers, help desks, telesales, and customer service organizations
- Wide Compatibility: It's great being able to use one device for PC-based audio/video conferencing, as well as mobile device through the 3.5mm audio jack.Compatible with Windows 2000/7/8/10/XP/Vista, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Tablet PC. Note: Please choose USB connection if you wanna mute function
- Hear Yourselves: This USB PC Headphones support listening to your own voice. Please do as the follow steps on windows: Control Panel--Sound--Recording--Microphone--Listen--Listen to this device--Playback through this device--Speaker
- Bring Office Quality to Your Home: Used for Rosetta Stone,MS Teams,Skype, Zoom, Webex on your laptop for work or for conference calls routed through a cell phone. Please adjust your computer or cell phone's volume when you still can't hear clearly even you've reached the highest volume on our cell phone headset
- Connectivity technology: Wired
- Package Dimensions: 21.336 H x 5.08 L x 17.78 W (centimetres)
- Package Weight: 0.077 kilograms
- Country of Origin : United States
- [Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement]: High power 50mm neodymium magnets drivers, tuned by professional acoustic engineers, bring a wide frequency range and rich accurate sound, so you can hear most sound effects and details to boost the passion.
- [Upgraded Adjustable Boom Mic]: Microphone is with 100 degree range of motion, easy to reach and retract; upgraded tech has been built in to have some noise cancellation, and better pick up your voice, so you can have a clear chat with others.
- [A Comfortable Fit]: The over-ear close-back design, headband with padded memory foam, earmuffs with thick leatherette and triple-layered memory foam, easily adjustable head beam. All these are not just for a longer lasting comfort, also block out surrounding noises to help focus on gaming.
- [Compatible with Multi-platforms]: Well works with PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox One S/X, PC, laptop, Mac, smartphones and other devices with 3. 5mm phone jack. An extra adapter (not included) is need to work with 1st generation Xbox controller.
- [Accessible In-line Control]: 5ft braided cable with in-line controller: volume adjustment & mute button for microphone. Easy to reach, convenient to use. You would find these perfect for gaming.
- EXCELLENT SOUND: Stereo bass headphone with excellent sound effect, 3.5mm plug compatible with all 3.5mm jack devices.
- DURABLE & NOT TANGLE: The headphone cord length is 4.9 ft (1.5m), using high quality cloth, so it very durable, and not tangle, suitable for kids, children, not easily damaged.
- Built in Microphone: Enjoy a completely hands free listening experience with a microphone built into the headset for high definition calls; Pause/Play your Music or answer/end phone calls right from your headset with built in control.
- ADJUSTABLE & ESAY TO CARRY: The adjustable band allows you to get the perfect fit for your head shape. It is not only suitable for your children, but also for many adults. Folding design make it convenient to carry, you can easily put it in the suitcase or bag, more easy to carry it. When you take your children out for a trip, take a plane, take a car, this headphone would be a good companion.
- PRPTECTION: 1 Year Hassle Free limited Protection and quick response customer service, if you have any questions when using, feel free to contact us via Amazon email or through the contact information on the instructions.
- True Surround Sound Effect. RUNMUS gaming headphones adopt superior 50mm audio drivers combined with advanced audio techniques. It delivers quality simulated surround sound to enhance the immersive gaming experience.
- All-Day Comfort. The soft ear cups with bionic protein cushion coat covers your ears gently. RUNMUS ps4 headset is only 12 OZ. You won't feel any discomfort from headband and ear cups even after a long gaming sessions.
- Multi-Platform Compatibility. RUNMUS xbox one headset works on PS4, PS3 (Adapter needed), PS vita, PSP, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Switch (audio), 3DS LL/3DS (audio), 3DS LL/3DS (audio), PC, Mac OS, iOS and Android device.
- Noise Canceling Microphone For Clear Communication. RUNMUS gaming headset pc has a sensitive adjustable microphone using noise canceling techniques. It filters most environmental noise around you and provide real-in-time talking without any delay.
- Convenient Volume Control. Feature with a convenient volume dial control, feel free to adjust the gaming volume at any time.
Things to Consider Before Buying Headphones with Microphone
What Are Headphones with A Microphone?
Headphones are output devices used to listen to audio output from electronic devices; usually, they also include a microphone and must be “hooked” to the ear or supported by the head. Most models have a 3.5mm jack type connector, or they must be connected via USB port or wirelessly.
If you are a multi-tasking person or you are looking for a rather versatile product, then the headphones with microphone are exactly what you are looking for: we are not just talking about popularity, which has increased a lot, but because they allow you to perform many tasks. Various designs, models, and functions are also available on the market, on which however we will focus later.
What Types of Headphones with Microphone Are There?
The first difference that catches the eye lies in the shape of the headset itself: the open headphones allow the sound emitted to come out, while the closed ones prevent any type of sound escape.
Then there are the circumaural and supraural headphones: the latter must be placed directly on the ear, “plugging” the auricle. That is, which covers more or less entirely the ear.
On the market it is possible to find an infinite number of shapes and sizes of headphones; in principle, the most common headphones are the in-ear closed with a cable or with connection via Bluetooth, also included in the packaging of smartphones.
However, to give a more complete description and to better illustrate the various types of headphones with a microphone, we have prepared the following list.
They are the model included in the smartphone package: usually, they have a cable, although wireless models are available. This type of headphones offers good value for money and stands out for its lightness and excellent portability.
Thanks to their small size, these headphones occupy the entire ear canal, preventing external noise from entering. It is a model widely used in sports, so much so that there are models created specifically to withstand physical activity (for example, we speak of the models with the cable that must be placed behind the head or in the shape of a hook to support them).
Over-Ear Headphones (on-Ear)
If you don’t want headphones that are too bulky and would prefer something more comfortable, then this is the model for you. These headphones do not cover the auditory pavilion, but should be placed above the ear and are excellent when walking or relaxing at home.
In addition, they were born to reduce the load on the ears and neck. In most cases, these are small models but made of resistant materials; they don’t take up much space and some are even foldable.
In all this, there is a disadvantage: the sound quality is rather compromised because a lowering of the audio volume cannot prevent the sound emitted from escaping. Also, in some cases, prolonged use of these headphones can cause discomfort.
Circumaural Headphones (Over-The-Ear)
This type of headphones with microphone completely covers the ear and, if compared with the previous model, it has larger dimensions (thus managing to offer a good reduction of external noise). Usually, due to their size, these headphones are used in a professional environment or at home.
The first feature that distinguishes these headphones is the audio quality, but also the convenience of use is a factor not to be overlooked. Thanks to their diadem-shaped structure with pavilions that wrap around the ears, these headphones can stand on the head even if you rotate it, also leaving a small space in the ear so as not to cause discomfort.
Headphones with Mic Open or Closed?
Based on the way the sound is emitted into the headphones, we can classify these devices into two types: open and closed. This division has to do with reducing external noise and audio quality: the open headphones do not “plug” the ear and are designed for a natural experience, letting the user perceive the noises coming from outside.
On the contrary, closed headphones are made to isolate the user from the outside world: with this type of headphones, the sound does not “escape” from the headphones, so much so that even a low volume can give an excellent result. In principle, closed headphones are great for the outdoors.
Headphones with Microphone with Or without Cable?
Here we must be careful. In many cases, wireless headphones have the lower audio quality to promote freedom of movement, but there are also models that have exactly the same advantages as wired headphones. Your choice depends exclusively on your tastes and needs.
The characteristics of the product are also based on the model, but there are reviews of some users who, for wireless headphones, complain of a loss of quality.
However, this is a relative factor since this model was created specifically to make training and travel much more comfortable, without having to worry about cables. In addition, headphones that work with radio signals are the best quality because they offer excellent quality without sacrificing freedom of movement.
What Are the Advantages of Wireless Headphones?
If you are inclined to purchase headphones with a wireless microphone, you will be able to obtain a series of benefits (which we have listed below) according to the brand and model.
However, keep in mind that the quality can be more contained in this type of headphones, so it is better to read all the product specifications before making the final choice.
- Comfort: This is the factor that most distinguishes the headphones with wireless microphones. Thanks to this feature, you can forget about cables and all the limitations that they entail, allowing you to listen to music regardless of whether you are at home or in the studio. In most cases, this type of headphone is large helmets that have adjustable pavilions.
- Distance: In headphones with cable, the limitation is nothing more than the cable itself, which usually reaches about two meters in length. The headphones with wireless microphones offer various levels of distance, so depending on the number of milliwatts you have, you can move more or less away from the source of the sound because it continues to be emitted.
- Connectivity: After the greater freedom of movement, this is probably one of the most appreciated qualities. Since wireless headphones have Bluetooth technology, which allows them to be connected to most of today’s devices equipped with this technology, they are able to offer better connectivity, leaving behind all the compatibility problems between devices and connectors.
How to Use Headphones with Microphone Correctly and Safely?
Today, the use of headphones with a microphone is increasingly widespread and, even if they have been available on the market for a long time, the advancement of technology has made them become indispensable tools in everyday life, especially in moments dedicated to the sport. The auditory system is extremely delicate and can be damaged if the right precautions are not taken.
The following list contains some simple little tricks necessary to avoid damage of any kind to your hearing, so read carefully.
- Adjust the Volume: According to data from the World Health Organization (WHO), there are approximately 328 million adults worldwide with disabling hearing loss. Furthermore, it is also reported that one of the main causes is exposure to very loud noises; therefore, try to keep the volume of your device between 60% and 70%.
- Attention to The Cable: Although the market is moving towards wireless headphones, some manufacturers still manufacture models with cables. If your product has cables, pay attention to how you roll them when you need to store them. In addition, another tip is also not to take off the headphones too abruptly, because otherwise, you could cause discomfort to the eardrum.
- Let Your Ears Rest: You can treat your hearing simply by letting your ears rest, so much so that even car simulators recommend fifteen-minute breaks. The best thing would be to remove the headphones for at least five minutes every hour of listening, in order to reduce the cumulative damage to which you could be exposed.