Classic mold thermometers allow you to obtain a very precise measurement of fever, but not all children; indeed, almost nobody, to tell the truth, can welcome this instrument in a pleasant way. Children cry, squirm, do not want to have a fever in any way, and feel this tool as something foreign to escape from. And so being able to get a really precise measurement is very difficult for parents. What to do? Fortunately, new technologies come to the aid of families, and today, in fact, it is enough to buy an infrared thermometer to be able to solve this root problem.
The infrared thermometer is non-invasive and, in fact, offers children the possibility of not feeling uncomfortable when detecting body temperature, an instrument that they willingly accept and which also must be used for just a few seconds.
Numerous models of infrared thermometer for children are available on the market today.
For this reason, we want to offer you a short buying guide with information, advice, reviews of some of the most interesting models of infrared thermometer. We hope that all these considerations will help you in your choice.
- NOT FOR HUMAN: The thermometer can't measure the internal temperature of an object; Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects, the measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct; Class 2 laser, optical power 0. 5-0. 9Mw
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12:1 D:S, lasergrip 1080 can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most other IR thermometers; For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 in(36cm)
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 1022℉/ -50℃ to 550℃, you can choose the unit from ℉/ ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes it to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it for cooking, ovens; A/C, refrigerators; or soapmaking cats toy etc
- ►HIGH ACCURACY: Combining the latest temperature sensor technology and advanced Fresnel lens, this instrument reads values of high accuracy up to ±2% in only 0.5s thanks to adjustable emissivity. The distance to spot ratio is 12:1, which means you can measure the target at a longer distance.
- ►VERSTILE DESIGN: Infrared thermometer can be used both daily and industrial temperature measurement, such as cooking, refrigeration, steel, glass, plastics, food and so on.( NOTE: Cannot be used to measure human forehead temperature / animal temperature) Built-in red laser for precisely aiming.
- ►Higher user experience: Built-in red laser for precisely aiming, accurately find the measurement target; Color large screen display, clear reading.
- ►Free meat thermometer: Can measure the internal temperature range: -50 °C to +300 °C / -58°F to +572°F, fast reading, large-screen LCD display, 304 stainless steel probe, high precision (± 1 ° C / ° F), it can be used for home cooling or for cooking, measuring heating food or daily use. 15 minutes turns off automatically.
- ►Family Best Gift: The infrared thermometer can be used for cooking, barbecue, car repair, home maintenance and repair, or other household tasks. For high temperature, toxic or difficult to reach objects, to use of this product can be safely measured. Used in conjunction with a meat thermometer, it is the best culinary aid for cooks and gourmets, providing better assisted living for everyday life. We provide Lifelong after-sales service and return for a full refund within 30 days.
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct. Class 2 laser, optical power 0.5-0.9mW
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12: 1 D:S, meaning it can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most others; For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 inches (36 cm)
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 716℉(-50℃ to 380℃), you can choose the unit from ℉ to ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes it to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it for cooking, ovens; AC, refrigerators; or soapmaking cats toy etc
- NOTE: NOT for human. Helect infrared thermometer can be used both daily and industrial temperature measurement, such as cooking, refrigeration, steel, glass, plastics, food and so on
- °C/°F switchable, automatic data hold, backlit LCD, low battery indicator, auto power off function. 9V Battery is included
- Easily and quickly measure temperatures from a safe and hazard-free distance. NOTE: The diameter of the object under test must be bigger than the laser spot size
- Built-in red laser for precisely aiming. Distance Spot Ratio: 12:1, great to measure a long distance target
- Measurement range: -50°C to 550°C/ -58°F to 1022°F; Portable and anti-slip design makes it easy to get the temperature outdoors and indoors
- Accurate and fast: This Infrared forehead thermometer is equipped with exceptional microchip and a sensitivity sensor. Infrared senor can precisely detecting the infrared heat given off by the forehead and quickly measuring to get the reading in 1 second
- Engineered technology: The non contact infrared body thermometer is design to minimize the errors in the software program by following sound and light enginnering design processes, risk analysis and soft ware validation
- No touch forehead 1-5cm: The measuring distance between the thermometer and the forehead must be 1-5 cm. Non-contact thermometer is more convenient than standard thermometer and touch thermometer
- 50 readings memory storages: Our thermometer can memory 50 readings to continusly track your family member's tempreature. Which can handle it in advance if your family members' temperature is slightly high
- Multiple measurement modes: Thermometers can not only measure body temperature, but also measure the temperature of objects. It is suitable for all ages. Press and hold the set button for 3 seconds, then press the "memo" or the "mode" to switch ℃ and ℉
- Infrared Thermometer has an optical resolution (distance-to-spot) of 10:1
- Features include targeting laser; automatic hold; backlit display; low battery, auto power-off
- Drop protection to 6.6-Foot (2 m)
- Measurement range is -4 to 752-Degree Fahrenheit (-20 to 400-Degree Celsius)
- Not a medical device; thermometer is NOT intended for use on people or animals
- 3-Measurement Modes - A wide variety of different functions all in one simple thermometer including: 3 measurement modes ranging from in-ear, forehead, and object. Toggle anytime between °C or °F, a colorful LED backlight provides reading, fever notification (Note: Green = Safe, Orange = Caution, Red = Fever).
- Infrared Technology - Advanced infrared thermometer that utilizes powerful infrared technology to accurately measure temperature of forehead and in-ear. Our infrared sensor is safe, quick, and precise. General measurement accuracy ranges between only ±0.4 °F (±0.2 °C).
- Simple Usage - Simplicity, safety, and ease of use. An easy-to-read LCD display screen shows important information i.e. temperature, fever notifications, and error messages. Also, use day or night with a unique Silent Mode feature for babies or young children.
- Touch Of A Button - Simply press the Measure button to receive fast, accurate, and specific measurements in just a second. Our infrared thermometer is designed with an advanced microchip, a memory chip and a responsive sensor. (Memory: Up to 40 measurements memory storage.)
- 24/7 Safety - Powerful and high-level safety technology makes our infrared thermometer automatically shut down after only 10 seconds of standby or non-use. Simplicity and safety are our main priorities. Required 2x AAA battery to operate, batteries are not included. 1-year warranty.
- ACCURATE - Combining the latest temperature sensor technology and advanced Fresnel lens. Improve the accuracy of the thermometer by adjusting the emissivity 0.1-1.0 according to the surface material being measured.The distance to spot ratio is 12:1, which means you can measure the target at a longer distance. For the best accuracy, the thermometer should be 14 in/ 36 cm away from the object.
- INSTANT TARGETING - Measure temperatures at at range of -58°F to 1112°F(-50°C - 600°C) at a response time ≤500ms. Toggle between Celsius/Fahrenheit measurements as needed.
- VERSATILE - Hands free infrared technology makes this thermometer useful to measure temperatures in both daily and industrial settings. Use it while cooking, performing auto/motor maintenance, home/commercial repairs, and more! Has a LCD backlight so you can view the temperatures even in the dark. Battery saving auto-off so it won't drain your battery even if you forget to turn it off.
- MULTI-USE - Utilize this infrared thermometer gun as a Cooking thermometer, HVAC thermometer, Pool thermometer, Pizza Oven thermometer, Oil thermometer, Automotive thermometer, and more!
- NOTE: THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL THERMOMETER FOR USE ON HUMANS. Do not use to take temperature of forehead. Infrared thermometers can't measure the internal temperature of a human, or object; Infrared thermometers are only able to read external surface/skin temperatures and are not able to read internal body temperature. The measured temperature for humans will not be correct.
- Non-contact Measuring: Non-contact infrared technology reads from forehead with no physical contact, prevents cross-infection between multiple peoples. Safer and healthier, especially the forehead readings, as it does not bother the patient during crucial rest moments.
- Fast & Accurate:This thermometer equipped with the advanced infrared technology and high precision sensor reads fast, it only takes 1 seconds to read the temperature. The accuracy of temperature measurement is within 0.1 ℃
- Multifunctional:The temporal thermometer is designed for all ages, adults, babies and elders. In addition to measuring forehead, it can also measure room, object, and liquids temperature. Great choice for families, nursery, hotels, school
- Intelligent:Automatic memory of 10 sets of measurements, LCD backlight has 3 different colors according to temperature, and abnormal temperature is accompanied by warning sound.
- Reliable Thermometer:Environmental protection pp material lets you use the product is safe and assured. Our thermometer with Germany Infrared, high sensitive thermal probe for improved precision clinical accuracy
- 2021 Multi-Functional Non Contact Thermometer: No touch forehead measurement, light spot positioning, safe and hygienic measurement of temperature, suitable for adults, kids and baby. Multi-functional can measure forehead, ear, basal, room, milk, water and object temperature.
- Accurate and Fast: ANKOVO digital thermometer built in German infrared laser temperature sensor, microprocessor, distance field sensor and temperature compensation are used for calibration. Instant reading in 1 second, with accuracy between 0.2℃/0.4℉.
- One Button Measurement: This medical thermometer only one button operation, with Large LCD display, clear readings can be obtained during the day and at night. This head thermometer gun is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Scientific Design: 35 sets of memory data, convenient to track temperature changes; fever alarm function, displayed in orange and red light; free switch between ℃/℉; mute and un-mute mode give your family better care.
- You Will Get: Infrared touchless thermometer*1, Pouch*1, AAA battery*2, User manual*1.
Best Infrared Thermometers Buyer Guide
Infrared Thermometer for Children and Babies
Before going into the discovery of all the models available on the market, we feel compelled to remind you that not all of them are suitable for infants under three months. You will always find the ideal age indicated on the packaging, an element that you must absolutely check before buying.
On the market, there are models of infrared ear thermometer which must, therefore, be applied to the auricle, models of infrared forehead thermometer that can work both remotely and in contact and finally the models that can be used both on the forehead and on the ear, versatile and practical.
Front Infrared Thermometer
Some models simply need to be pointed at the forehead to be able to detect the temperature: in this case, we are talking about a model of the infrared remote thermometer. Other models instead must be placed directly on the forehead: in this case, we are talking about models of an infrared contact thermometer. The remote model is certainly the ideal choice for children who do not like to measure fever, but we must admit that even those from contact are perfect as it is a really very short contact, in the order of just a few seconds.
Infrared Ear Thermometer
This thermometer must be positioned in the ear, and precisely this characteristic makes it a little difficult to use in the case of children who move a lot. We, therefore, recommend the choice of this version only to those who have to measure the temperature for very calm babies or children.
The versatile versions, which can indifferently be used on the forehead or in the ear, are models very suitable for children. You can use them in the ear if the child is standing still, but if instead, he makes a few scraps, you can use them remotely on the forehead without even the child realizing it.
All three of these thermometer models have been greatly improved over the years, and in addition to being much more precise than in the past, they also have many truly innovative extra functions. These small innovations can be taken into consideration when choosing, capable of guaranteeing the full satisfaction of your specific needs. Here are the most important innovations in our opinion:
The History of The Surveys
This function is important for parents who thus have the possibility to memorize the latest temperature measurements and to fully understand the trend of the fever and, therefore, of the disease. This is data that even the pediatrician may ask you, and thanks to this tool, you will always have it at hand.
Double Measurement Mode, in Degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit
This function is very important for families who travel very frequently. Even when traveling, there is the possibility that a small child will get sick and catch a fever. Being able to change the reference scale, it is easier to talk to doctors or pharmacists in any country you are.
When a newborn or very young child has a high fever, you may want to try it even at night. This is a very important feature for a thermometer for babies or children because it allows you to avoid having to necessarily wake up your child at night to experience a fever.
This feature is also very useful when dealing with young children. In fact, parents often find themselves forced to do all these operations very quickly, and it is, therefore, possible to forget to turn off the thermometer. Thanks to the automatic switch-off, any forgetfulness has no consequence, and you will not find yourself with the thermometer discharged just in time of need.
Among the other features that will certainly come to your mind, there is the speed of detecting the temperature. We have not talked about it because, in reality, today, all the thermometers on the market are really very fast, with a maximum detection of 3 seconds.
Infrared Thermometer Operation
The infrared thermometer for children is a very reliable tool, but despite this, you still hear many parents complaining that the temperature reading is not correct, that by carrying it out within a few seconds or minutes, you have two different temperatures. You can rest assured, dear parents, the product you have purchased is a precision infrared thermometer, but in order for it to really work perfectly, there are some small precautions that you must absolutely consider.
Keep the Thermometer Away from Moisture and Magnetic Field
You must first try to keep the thermometer away from moisture. Therefore, always store it with extreme care and try to avoid the most humid rooms in the house, such as the bathroom or the kitchen. However, you must keep the thermometer away from magnetic fields. In every home, there are really numerous electronic devices that emit electromagnetic waves such as computers, smartphones and cell phones, televisions, video game consoles, and the like.
Attention, you must not only move the thermometer away from these devices but make sure that the child is also away from them. Also, remember that it is very important that the device settles down before being used. Put it in your child’s room then and use it only after about a quarter of an hour.
Have you decided to use an ear thermometer? Unfortunately, these thermometers are also quite sensitive to any excess earwax. We, therefore, recommend that you carefully check your child’s ear before use and, if necessary clean it properly. Have you decided to use a front thermometer instead? We remind you that if your child’s baby is sweaty or wet, the temperature reading may not be correct. So try to clean the baby’s source.
How to Use an Infrared Thermometer
Now that you have learned these warnings, dear parents, the time has come to find out how to use an infrared thermometer. Ear thermometers must be placed inside your child’s auricle. We advise you to enlarge the pavilion with your fingers, apply the thermometer and only then release. If you follow this advice, you can rest assured that the temperature reading will be perfect.
As for the front model, instead, using it is even simpler. All you have to do is point it at a distance towards the child’s forehead or rest it on the forehead according to the type of detection you have chosen. In a few seconds, you will get the right temperature. During the survey, however, try to make sure that your child is as still as possible. We understand that for many parents, it may seem like a difficult undertaking, but remember that you only need immobility for a second, at most three.
Does Infrared Thermometer Hurt?
Many parents are afraid that infrared rays can harm their children. We can assure you that infrared rays cannot harm children’s health in any way. However, there is a small health risk that should be taken into consideration, and that specifically concerns the use of ear thermometers. Unfortunately, the application inside the auricle could lead to the spread of germs and bacteria, which can obviously cause various ear problems, from simple inflammations to actual Otis.
To avoid these risks, you can choose a thermometer with disposable probe cover: in this way, every time the temperature is detected, you will ensure maximum hygiene. We are perfectly aware, however, that from an economic point of view, this is not the best choice. If you prefer to buy a product without a probe cover that allows you to save money, you must absolutely make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use and possibly even before each use.
The Latest Generation Infrared Thermometers
We understand perfectly that beauty has no weight in choosing an infrared thermometer for your children. However, we can assure you that if you choose the latest generation thermometer, with a simple and linear design, you will also have a very light device at your disposal. And lightness, on the other hand, is important in choosing the best thermometer. In fact, you must realize that you will often find yourself using this tool with the baby in your neck: if it was too heavy, you will certainly not be able to use it at best.
Many thermometers are sold with a case where they can be stored in the best possible way so as to keep them away from dust and humidity and so that they are always at hand. Certainly, this is not an element of fundamental importance for the choice of your thermometer. However, it is also true that it is still an interesting little extra that can be very practical for you.
The price of the infrared thermometer for children depends on both the type of thermometer chosen and the brand. However, we can generally say that its price is around 80 $, hardly reaching 100 $.
We remind you that it is always better to spend a few dollars more, relying on one of the most famous brands of baby products, rather than buying a product of a little known brand. The most renowned brands are, in fact, reliable, designed specifically to ensure maximum safety for your children and capable of guaranteeing excellent performance.