Classic mold thermometers allow you to obtain a very precise measurement of fever, but not all children; indeed, almost nobody, to tell the truth, can welcome this instrument in a pleasant way. Children cry, squirm, do not want to have a fever in any way, and feel this tool as something foreign to escape from. And so being able to get a really precise measurement is very difficult for parents. What to do? Fortunately, new technologies come to the aid of families, and today, in fact, it is enough to buy an infrared thermometer to be able to solve this root problem.
The infrared thermometer is non-invasive and, in fact, offers children the possibility of not feeling uncomfortable when detecting body temperature, an instrument that they willingly accept and which also must be used for just a few seconds.
Numerous models of infrared thermometer for children are available on the market today.
For this reason, we want to offer you a short buying guide with information, advice, reviews of some of the most interesting models of infrared thermometer. We hope that all these considerations will help you in your choice.
- Accuracy and Reliability: The contactless infrared body thermometer contains the latest sensor technology and it has been clinically tested and approved for its accuracy and reliability. It all you need to do is press the trigger button when you using this forehead digital thermometer and instantly it will give you the accurate temperature reading. For battery installation, please refer to the picture
- Dual Mode Thermometer: This body thermometer has two different modes Body and Surface mode. Its not only compatible for measuring the body temperature for babies or adults with the forehead mode, but also it can measure the temperature of objects swell Such as water, food and so on
- Big LCD Screen With 3 Backlight Indicators: Our touchless forehead thermometer has big LCD screen with 3 different backlight indicators for normal body temperature would be Green 35.5℃ to 37.3℃, yellow to make you aware of the little high temperature 37.4℃ to 38.0℃, red would be to warn you for high temperature 38.1℃ to 42.9℃
- Contactless Forehead Temperature 1 to 5 cm: The measuring distance should be between 1-5 cm while using it for body temperature. Non contact thermometer
- Temperature Reading Memory Storage: LPOW Thermometer can keep up to 50 readings to monitor your family member and can track down its different readings for records as well. You will get 1 the non contact infrared digital thermometer, 1 user manual, 2 AAA batteries
- ►HIGH ACCURACY: Combining the latest temperature sensor technology and advanced Fresnel lens, this instrument reads values of high accuracy up to ±2% in only 0.5s thanks to adjustable emissivity. The distance to spot ratio is 12:1, which means you can measure the target at a longer distance.
- ►VERSTILE DESIGN: Infrared thermometer can be used both daily and industrial temperature measurement, such as cooking, refrigeration, steel, glass, plastics, food and so on.( NOTE: Cannot be used to measure human forehead temperature / animal temperature) Built-in red laser for precisely aiming.
- ►Higher user experience: Built-in red laser for precisely aiming, accurately find the measurement target; Color large screen display, clear reading.
- ►Free meat thermometer: Can measure the internal temperature range: -50 °C to +300 °C / -58°F to +572°F, fast reading, large-screen LCD display, 304 stainless steel probe, high precision (± 1 ° C / ° F), it can be used for home cooling or for cooking, measuring heating food or daily use. 15 minutes turns off automatically.
- ►Family Best Gift: The infrared thermometer can be used for cooking, barbecue, car repair, home maintenance and repair, or other household tasks. For high temperature, toxic or difficult to reach objects, to use of this product can be safely measured. Used in conjunction with a meat thermometer, it is the best culinary aid for cooks and gourmets, providing better assisted living for everyday life. We provide Lifelong after-sales service and return for a full refund within 30 days.
- NOT FOR HUMAN: The thermometer can't measure the internal temperature of an object; Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects, the measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct; Class 2 laser, optical power 0. 5-0. 9Mw
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12:1 D:S, lasergrip 1080 can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most other IR thermometers; For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 in(36cm)
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 1022℉/ -50℃ to 550℃, you can choose the unit from ℉/ ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes it to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it for cooking, ovens; A/C, refrigerators; or soapmaking cats toy etc
- ✅ ACCURATE - Combining the latest temperature sensor technology and advanced Fresnel lens. Improve the accuracy of the thermometer by adjusting the emissivity 0.1-1.0 according to the surface material being measured.The distance to spot ratio is 12:1, which means you can measure the target at a longer distance. For the best accuracy, the thermometer should be 14 in/ 36 cm away from the object.
- ✅ INSTANT TARGETING - Measure temperatures at at range of -58°F to 1112°F(-50°C - 600°C) at a response time ≤500ms. Toggle between Celsius/Fahrenheit measurements as needed.
- ✅ VERSATILE - Hands free infrared technology makes this thermometer useful to measure temperatures in both daily and industrial settings. Use it while cooking, performing auto/motor maintenance, home/commercial repairs, and more! Has a LCD backlight so you can view the temperatures even in the dark. Battery saving auto-off so it won't drain your battery even if you forget to turn it off.
- ✅ NOTE: This is not a medical thermometer for humans. Do not use to take temperature of forehead. Infrared thermometers can't measure the internal temperature of a human, or object; Infrared thermometers are only able to read external surface/skin temperatures and are not able to read internal body temperature. The measured temperature for humans will not be correct.
- ✅ KIZEN 100% MONEY BACK LIFETIME WARRANTY - Enjoy a smooth & frustration free experience with our 100% LIFETIME WARRANTY and 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! We stand by our products so you can make your purchase with confidence! You won't get this kind of service and warranty from the big brands. 7 days a week you can reach us by email
- Non-contact Measuring: Non-contact infrared technology reads from forehead with no physical contact, prevents cross-infection between multiple peoples. Safer and healthier, especially the forehead readings, as it does not bother the patient during crucial rest moments.
- Fast & Accurate:This thermometer equipped with the advanced infrared technology and high precision sensor reads fast, it only takes 1 seconds to read the temperature. The accuracy of temperature measurement is within 0.1 ℃
- Multifunctional:The temporal thermometer is designed for all ages, adults, babies and elders. In addition to measuring forehead, it can also measure room, object, and liquids temperature. Great choice for families, nursery, hotels, school
- Intelligent:Automatic memory of 10 sets of measurements, LCD backlight has 3 different colors according to temperature, and abnormal temperature is accompanied by warning sound.
- Reliable Thermometer:Environmental protection pp material lets you use the product is safe and assured. Our thermometer with Germany Infrared, high sensitive thermal probe for improved precision clinical accuracy
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct. Class 2 laser, optical power 0.5-0.9mW
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12: 1 D:S, meaning it can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most others; For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 inches (36 cm)
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 716℉(-50℃ to 380℃), you can choose the unit from ℉ to ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes it to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it for cooking, ovens; AC, refrigerators; or soapmaking cats toy etc
- No Touch Measuring, Just Safe and Hygienic: PT3 Built-in infrared temperature sensor, reads body temperature within 1.18 inches of the center of the forehead without physical contact.
- Tri-Point Sensors Accuracy: An ultra-sensitive infrared sensor collects more than 100 data points per second while distance and environmental sensors combine to account for other variables; ensuring maximum accuracy every time temperature is taken.
- Fast, Simple, Clear and Quiet: The intuitive single-button control design thermometer reads the temperature in just 1 second from a clear bright extra-large LED screen, even in total darkness. The quiet vibration alerting ensures there is no buzzing noise and no disturbance.
- Suitable for Multi-Scenario and All Ages: iHealth PT3 is designed for all ages: ranging from babies and toddlers to the elderly. An ideal choice for hospitals, hotels, school settings, and public establishments.
- What You Get: 1x PT3 thermometer, 2x AAA batteries, 1x Instruction manual, 1x Quick User Guide, our worry-free 12-month warranty, and friendly California-based customer service.
- ★【MULTI-MODE THERMOMETER】:The Berrcom forehead thermometer is designed for all ages, adults, infants and elders. It not only supports forehead function, but is able to take room/object temperature. ℃ and ℉ are easily switchable.
- ★【NON-CONTACT & ONE SECOND INSTANT READING】: Berrcom Non Contact Thermometer can take your forehead/body temperature instantly without physical contact; Suitable for all ages, including adults, infants, children and elders. A great choice for families, nurseries, clinics and schools.
- ★【MEMORY RECALL and AUTO SHUT-OFF】: Berrcom JXB-178 recalls the latest 32 temperatures and can automatically turns off to save power when there is no operation for 30 seconds.
- ★【MEDICAL GRADE ACCURACY】: Berrcom Infrared thermometer meet the medical grade accuracy,wipe off any sweat, perspiration, or grease before the measuring for accuracy.
- ★【3-COLOR BACKLIGHT with FEVER ALARM】: Berrcom thermometer JXB-178 has large 3-color backlit display and fever beeping alarm indicating normal, elevated and fever temperature respectively in body mode; Mute and buzzer modes are available.
- Non-Contact Thermometer: The no touch thermometer can avoid direct contact with the skin helps avoid cross-infections among testers. General measurement accuracy tolerance being ±0.2 (34 ~ 45 ℃).
- ℃/℉ Switchable Readings: You can toggle anytime between °C or °F.Digital Infrared Thermometer is not only supports forehead or hand function, but is able to take object temperature. Can be applied in Office / Subway / Family / Supermarket / Shop / Community / Entrance etc.
- Quick and Accurate: 0.5S fast temperature measurement within 0.39-3.93 inches and the measurement result truly reflects human body temperature. Measured temperature range: 32〜43℃（91.4〜109.4 ˚F）
- Alarm Function: With warning light and alarm for detection failure and warning light for abnormal temperature. When you have finished measuring, you will hear a sound to tell you the normality of the temperature. You can store up to 50 temperature readings and recall them at any time.
- WARRANTY & EASY INSTALLATION: We offer a 30-day 100% Refund or product replacement if you are not satisfied with our thermometer. The thermometer is powered by USB, 3AA batteries or 18650 battery .No need to hold, can be hung / double-sided tape / fixed bracket, etc.
- Good Performance Thermometer: The forehead thermometer is ideal for adults, kids and elders. It's accuracy and easy to use, which is a great gift for yourself or someone you care about.
- No Contact Thermometer: The infrared thermometer will get the temperature reading without body or object contact. Move the thermometer close to the forehead and press the button, you will get the instant temperature readings.
- Fever Alarm: There are 3 colors display on the LCD screen for different temperature level. With clear large LCD Screen Display, it allows you easy to read day and night. ℉ and ℃ are easily switchable.
- Instant and Accurate Readings:The infrared thermometer with quick measurement in just 1 second.
- What You Get:1 Infrared Thermometer, 1 Operating Manual,1 Quick Start Guide, 2 AAA batteries(LR03) and Longtime Friendly Customer Service.
Best Infrared Thermometers Buyer Guide
Infrared Thermometer for Children and Babies
Before going into the discovery of all the models available on the market, we feel compelled to remind you that not all of them are suitable for infants under three months. You will always find the ideal age indicated on the packaging, an element that you must absolutely check before buying.
On the market, there are models of infrared ear thermometer which must, therefore, be applied to the auricle, models of infrared forehead thermometer that can work both remotely and in contact and finally the models that can be used both on the forehead and on the ear, versatile and practical.
Front Infrared Thermometer
Some models simply need to be pointed at the forehead to be able to detect the temperature: in this case, we are talking about a model of the infrared remote thermometer. Other models instead must be placed directly on the forehead: in this case, we are talking about models of an infrared contact thermometer. The remote model is certainly the ideal choice for children who do not like to measure fever, but we must admit that even those from contact are perfect as it is a really very short contact, in the order of just a few seconds.
Infrared Ear Thermometer
This thermometer must be positioned in the ear, and precisely this characteristic makes it a little difficult to use in the case of children who move a lot. We, therefore, recommend the choice of this version only to those who have to measure the temperature for very calm babies or children.
The versatile versions, which can indifferently be used on the forehead or in the ear, are models very suitable for children. You can use them in the ear if the child is standing still, but if instead, he makes a few scraps, you can use them remotely on the forehead without even the child realizing it.
All three of these thermometer models have been greatly improved over the years, and in addition to being much more precise than in the past, they also have many truly innovative extra functions. These small innovations can be taken into consideration when choosing, capable of guaranteeing the full satisfaction of your specific needs. Here are the most important innovations in our opinion:
The History of The Surveys
This function is important for parents who thus have the possibility to memorize the latest temperature measurements and to fully understand the trend of the fever and, therefore, of the disease. This is data that even the pediatrician may ask you, and thanks to this tool, you will always have it at hand.
Double Measurement Mode, in Degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit
This function is very important for families who travel very frequently. Even when traveling, there is the possibility that a small child will get sick and catch a fever. Being able to change the reference scale, it is easier to talk to doctors or pharmacists in any country you are.
When a newborn or very young child has a high fever, you may want to try it even at night. This is a very important feature for a thermometer for babies or children because it allows you to avoid having to necessarily wake up your child at night to experience a fever.
This feature is also very useful when dealing with young children. In fact, parents often find themselves forced to do all these operations very quickly, and it is, therefore, possible to forget to turn off the thermometer. Thanks to the automatic switch-off, any forgetfulness has no consequence, and you will not find yourself with the thermometer discharged just in time of need.
Among the other features that will certainly come to your mind, there is the speed of detecting the temperature. We have not talked about it because, in reality, today, all the thermometers on the market are really very fast, with a maximum detection of 3 seconds.
Infrared Thermometer Operation
The infrared thermometer for children is a very reliable tool, but despite this, you still hear many parents complaining that the temperature reading is not correct, that by carrying it out within a few seconds or minutes, you have two different temperatures. You can rest assured, dear parents, the product you have purchased is a precision infrared thermometer, but in order for it to really work perfectly, there are some small precautions that you must absolutely consider.
Keep the Thermometer Away from Moisture and Magnetic Field
You must first try to keep the thermometer away from moisture. Therefore, always store it with extreme care and try to avoid the most humid rooms in the house, such as the bathroom or the kitchen. However, you must keep the thermometer away from magnetic fields. In every home, there are really numerous electronic devices that emit electromagnetic waves such as computers, smartphones and cell phones, televisions, video game consoles, and the like.
Attention, you must not only move the thermometer away from these devices but make sure that the child is also away from them. Also, remember that it is very important that the device settles down before being used. Put it in your child’s room then and use it only after about a quarter of an hour.
Have you decided to use an ear thermometer? Unfortunately, these thermometers are also quite sensitive to any excess earwax. We, therefore, recommend that you carefully check your child’s ear before use and, if necessary clean it properly. Have you decided to use a front thermometer instead? We remind you that if your child’s baby is sweaty or wet, the temperature reading may not be correct. So try to clean the baby’s source.
How to Use an Infrared Thermometer
Now that you have learned these warnings, dear parents, the time has come to find out how to use an infrared thermometer. Ear thermometers must be placed inside your child’s auricle. We advise you to enlarge the pavilion with your fingers, apply the thermometer and only then release. If you follow this advice, you can rest assured that the temperature reading will be perfect.
As for the front model, instead, using it is even simpler. All you have to do is point it at a distance towards the child’s forehead or rest it on the forehead according to the type of detection you have chosen. In a few seconds, you will get the right temperature. During the survey, however, try to make sure that your child is as still as possible. We understand that for many parents, it may seem like a difficult undertaking, but remember that you only need immobility for a second, at most three.
Does Infrared Thermometer Hurt?
Many parents are afraid that infrared rays can harm their children. We can assure you that infrared rays cannot harm children’s health in any way. However, there is a small health risk that should be taken into consideration, and that specifically concerns the use of ear thermometers. Unfortunately, the application inside the auricle could lead to the spread of germs and bacteria, which can obviously cause various ear problems, from simple inflammations to actual Otis.
To avoid these risks, you can choose a thermometer with disposable probe cover: in this way, every time the temperature is detected, you will ensure maximum hygiene. We are perfectly aware, however, that from an economic point of view, this is not the best choice. If you prefer to buy a product without a probe cover that allows you to save money, you must absolutely make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use and possibly even before each use.
The Latest Generation Infrared Thermometers
We understand perfectly that beauty has no weight in choosing an infrared thermometer for your children. However, we can assure you that if you choose the latest generation thermometer, with a simple and linear design, you will also have a very light device at your disposal. And lightness, on the other hand, is important in choosing the best thermometer. In fact, you must realize that you will often find yourself using this tool with the baby in your neck: if it was too heavy, you will certainly not be able to use it at best.
Many thermometers are sold with a case where they can be stored in the best possible way so as to keep them away from dust and humidity and so that they are always at hand. Certainly, this is not an element of fundamental importance for the choice of your thermometer. However, it is also true that it is still an interesting little extra that can be very practical for you.
The price of the infrared thermometer for children depends on both the type of thermometer chosen and the brand. However, we can generally say that its price is around 80 $, hardly reaching 100 $.
We remind you that it is always better to spend a few dollars more, relying on one of the most famous brands of baby products, rather than buying a product of a little known brand. The most renowned brands are, in fact, reliable, designed specifically to ensure maximum safety for your children and capable of guaranteeing excellent performance.