To better follow the slides of a presentation or the explanations on a blackboard, the use of a kind laser pointer is a must. We have collected several tips in several places for better use of this small but practical tool.
In this guide, we briefly analyze the characteristics of a laser pointer, while in the ranking below, you will find a review of the most popular models on the market.
Right here, we had selected the best laser pointers for you.
- The cat toys are powered by 2 AAA batteries. Package includes 1x green, 1x violet, 1x red.
- Interactive toy for cats and dogs. The brilliant light beam is nice to keep cats engaged, curious, and playful for hours, the best...
- You can press the switch to start, release the switch to turn off.
- You can use it in your speech, teaching or construction site: it's a great way to point out what you want to say and let the...
- Made of high-quality aluminum alloy material provide a more durable use. Equiped with metal clip design, easy to carry anywhere.
- High quality & portable: Made by aviation aluminum alloy, sturdy, durable and easy to carry.
- High power: No matter day or night the beam trajectory is clearly, the irradiation can reach 1500 meters at night.
- Wide applications: The high power bright green flashlight is suitable for astronomy, route, demonstration control, guides,...
- Easy to charge: Use the usb for charging, no need to replace the battery more convenient.
- Note: Do not shoot eyes directly, not suitable for children.
- package of 10 sealed new lr44/ ag13 batteries
- Lazer Strength Classifation: Class I (0.39mW). It conform to IEC international standards and can be safe use.
- This is a wonderful interactive cat toy. You will fall in love with the fact that it doesn't use batteries . . . just take the...
- Durable & Portable Clip-on Design, Easy to Hold. Even better is that one doesn't need to constantly keep the button down to keep...
- Three functions, Five patterns Multi-Funcation Toy, Our cats will love it and go crazy playing with it.
- BISKEE Dog Chew Toy with LED LIighting Cat Indoor Outdoor Toy USB Rechargeable
- Warm Reminder:The cat toys powered by 2 x AAA batteries(not included in the package),you could easily find this batteries from...
- Multifunction: This interactive cat toy can quickly warm up the relationship between you and your pet,Increase the fun of...
- Portable Design:Mini size and easy to carry, easily put this interactive toys in your pocket or bag, use it anytime and anywhere...
- High Quality Material:High quality aluminum alloy shell with anti-off tape and clip , providing a comfortable touching and more...
- Not for kids. Warranty: we offer free change warranty. For any problem, just send order message to them, they will solve our...
- Warm Reminder:The product powered by 2 x AAA batteries(not included in the package),you could easily find this batteries from...
- You can use it as presentation clicker on conference, meeting, and classroom.
- Entertaining cat interactive toy for cats and dogs. The brilliant light beam is nice to keep cats engaged, curious, and playful...
- Sleek, compact and easy to store into any of suit pockets or can be put in a pen pocket in briefcase. Super easy to carry around...
- You can mark the key points of your speech ppt.
- [This beam light is not suitable for kid, do not shine directly into the eyes !!!] High Power Long Range Pointer: The red hunting...
- Portable USB charging: This lazer toy can be charged through the USB port, no need to replace the battery, which is very...
- Sturdy and durable metal housing with a comfortable feel, wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, and non-slip. The barrel is...
- Multiple modes: Wear a star cap so that you can adjust the shape of the beam, with a variety of patterns to choose. Such as single...
- Excellent portability: Small size, light weight, suitable for putting in pockets, handbags, drawers or compartments. Ideal for...
- SAFE FOR PETS: The Bolt features a Class IIIa laser with a 5mW max power output for a safe play experience; Requires 4 AA...
- AUTOMATIC PLAY: The Bolt automatically turns the laser off after 15 minutes to prevent your cat from being over-stimulated and...
- ENTERTAINING TO CATS: The exciting laser moves randomly across floors and walls which appeals to the natural hunting instinct of...
- PRODUCT SUPPORT: PetSafe brand's U.S.-based Customer Care experts will be glad to help
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading U.S. manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since...
- Our cat interactive toys is made of aviation aluminum alloy, which is strong and durable.With metal clip design, easy to carry.
- Excellent interactive cat toys can not only bring endless fun, but also exercise the pet's body and agility. It can also provide...
- This interactive cat toy can quickly warm up the relationship between you and your pet,Increase the fun of interactive training.
- Perfect Gift for your lover cat.
- The laser pointer powered by 2 x AAA batteries(not included in the package),you could easily find this batteries from local store.
- Plug & Play - Presentation pointer supports HYPERLINK, Volume Control, Switch Windows, Full/Black Screen, Page Up/Down. Besides,...
- Long Control Range & Professional - PPT clicker is equipped with top-grade microchip to ensure a real 100M/330FT control distance,...
- NORWII Presenter Feature - One NORWII presenter can control 1 to N computers(each computer needs one USB receiver). One computer...
- Wide Compatibility - Presenter clicker supports systems: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android(For MacBook on OS, plug the usb receiver...
- Our After-sales Service –We sell extra USB receiver (ASIN is B07R8CS89M) in case you lose or damage it. We have tested all the...
Buying Guide to Select the Best Laser Pointer
Pointer and Presenter
Why do I need to buy a laser pointer/presenter? Of course, you could easily do without it: when you are in the lecture hall or in a meeting to present your work, you can go back to the PC whenever you need to change slides or hire another person to do it for you.
But considering the affordable price of these small accessories, why not be autonomous and make your presentation more modern and productive?
In the meantime, it is necessary to distinguish between pointer and presenter, since the two things do not always coincide. The tip is simply a jumbo pencil that emits a laser beam and is used to focus the audience’s attention on a particular point of the slide, a figure, a graph, a word, etc.
The projected colour is generally red or green: red is more suitable for light, white screens or even blackboards because it is more visible. Green is best suited for use on LED screens or PC monitors.
When used as a presenter, this small device acts as a real remote control and therefore does not just project a light beam. It is more convenient to choose a product that integrates these two functions into one: pointer and presenter.
Operation and Controls
So let’s see what the functions of a presenter are. In the meantime, you need to check that the model is compatible with your operating system: to tell the truth, modern models are practically universal. Still, it is always better to have a look at the specifications before buying it.
If used as a pointer, the product works by itself, but if you want to use it as a remote control, you must connect it to the computer: generally, there is a dongle, that is, a mini receiver to be connected to the USB port of your device.
Often these nano receivers, when not in use, can be stored inside the pointer itself, where there is a unique housing. In this way, you will not lose it, which is quite probable, given the tiny size.
Modern presenters are plug & play, that is, they connect to the PC, are immediately recognized and then work quickly, without downloading drivers and without complicated installation procedures.
The commands that are never missing are Page up and Page down to go back and forth with the presentation slides. By pressing these same buttons longer, other functions are also activated (often).
For example, the magnification of the screen or the blank screen, a useful command when you want the audience’s attention to be fixed on the speaker, not on the screen.
It should also be possible to raise/lower the volume and, in the best models, even to click and access hypertext content. Then check which and how many of these commands are present, and if among these, there are those you need.
The pointers/presenters are not all the same in terms of performance. Those of the best brand, for example, stand out for the greater distance between the transmitter and the receiver: sometimes 10 meters may be enough, but in large classrooms, it is better to focus on a model with a distance (without obstacles placed) of 50 or 100 meters.
These devices are battery-powered, and autonomy is another discriminant that could have a specific weight: the models that go into standby automatically help to safeguard their duration.
Compact and Simple to Use
The laser pointer produced by the electronics company Elekele stands out above all for its compact, handy and extremely functional design.
Its dimensions are approximately 13.9 cm in length by 1.8 in width and 1.5 in height. Its design is therefore essential, but at the same time, it adds a decidedly hi-tech touch thanks to the black colour of the body.
It weighs only 18 grams, and the long body with a quadrangular section guarantees a comfortable and secure grip.
Even the position of the keys is explicitly designed to offer maximum functionality and ease of use without exposing the risk of slowing down the rhythm of the presentations to look for the right button, an essential aspect, especially as regards the performance in the professional field.
Efficient and Functional
The keys allow control of the following functions: top, full screen, window contact, volume on-off and hyperlink.
The main body of the pointer also houses the small receiver to be extracted and connected to the computer, or laptop, via USB input. The remote control works via 2.4 GHz high-frequency radio signals, with an operating range of 100 meters.
It integrates a class 2 laser with a power of less than one milliWatt, with a wavelength of 650nm when in standby. The laser beam has a range of 200 meters, therefore redundant compared to the operating range allowed by the receiver, and the brightness produced is excellent.
Some buyers tend to point out that there is a slight loss of sharpness, depending on the distance and the ambient light, but these are small variations that affect only marginally on its overall yield.
How to Use a Laser Pointer?
Adjust the Power
In some models, it is advisable to pay particular attention to the distance from the surface on which you are going to project and to the type of pointer you have chosen.
Carefully check that all the components are assembled according to the diagram and try to see how the tip is identified once it is turned on.
You Know the Object
Having a tip also allows you to manage different viewing options, from slides to opening hyperlinks. A preliminary study on what a similar object allows can improve the approach to the medium, exploiting the various functions as needed.
Take Advantage of The Wireless Connection
The system that provides connectivity and that connects the device with a support such as a laptop or a projector moves along the direction of a wireless connection or thanks to a radio wave system. Having this mode available can improve the aiming and movement of the luminous circle on the screen.
Adjust the Brightness of The Room
In low light, the pointer can be more visible, thus allowing the user to be able to select and highlight different areas of the wall. We advise you to manage this aspect better so that you can follow the presentation and quickly locate the desired points.
Bet on Dual Use
In the case of multiple functionalities of the object, we suggest you choose and adapt the use according to the occasions.
In this way, you can take full advantage of what the product has to offer, both in the professional field and for convenient and punctual management of images on the screen.
Remove the Dongle
Once a presentation has ended, in the models that connect to the USB socket, it is advisable to remove the device and place it in the dedicated slot. Doing so puts everything inside the pointer, with a low probability of losing parts and components.
Place Everything in The Case
At the end of a slide and the presentation work, place the pointer in its case, soft or rigid. It will keep the object away from dust and other inconveniences that can happen when leaving a product of this type.