Acetone is a solvent that, among other uses, is used to remove the enamel easily and quickly, thanks to the characteristics it has. It is a mainly used product because it makes it possible to change the tone of the nails often and willingly since it only takes a few minutes to remove the previous one.
It is, therefore, an element that cannot be missing in the home, even if, being quite strong as a product, it must be used with caution and above all with a conscience.
Here we had listed out some of the best quality nail polish thinners that are present below.
- Restores life to thickened polish
- Exclusive built-in dropper
- Made in US
- Excellent for Keeping Nail Polish at its Proper Consistency.Makes it easier to apply nail polish in thin coats.Keeps nail polish...
- Item Package Length: 6.35cm
- Item Package Width: 6.985cm
- Item Package Height: 14.605cm
- Thins nail polish for even flow
- Smooth and easy application
- The packlage dimension of the product is: 4.8"L x5.8"W x11.3"H
- Tachibelle Professional Nail Polish Thinner is manufactured in the USA using the highest quality.
- We had looked over dozens of manufacturers around the world to craft the the best product. We spend a lot of time researching and...
- Bring your old polishes back to life just with a few drops.
- Exclusive Dropper for easy application
- Made in USA.
- Thin-out Hardened Nail Polish: Nail Tek Extend Professional Polish Thinner does it all in restoring nail polish liquidity for...
- Restore Polish To Its Original Consistency: Revive your old nail polish now and make it good as new! This polish thinner replaces...
- Versatile Nail Polish Thinner: From gel, acrylic nail polish to regular nail polish, get a smooth application with perfect polish...
- Easy To Use Nail Polish Thinner: Comes with a convenient eye-dropper! Just add a few drops to your goopy nail polish to retain its...
- Award-Winning Nail Therapy & Made in the USA: Nail Tek has been voted as “Best Natural Nail Treatment” by Salon Professionals!...
- Add 2-3 drops to Ink Gel Polish to achieve desired consistency. Shake well after each drop. Add more drops as needed.
- Restores thick gel polish to it's original consistency for easy flow application
- Size: 2 oz
- Made in the USA
Things to Consider Before Buying Nail Polish Thinners
We are all so used to seeing acetone at home, that we now consider it almost a discounted product. Yet most of us don’t know much about this product. If you also want to know him better, in this section, we will answer the most frequently asked questions about acetone.
What Exactly Is Nail Thinner?
Nail thinner is a chemical compound naturally present in the environment, such as in trees or plants. Among its characteristics, we find that it is a transparent liquid (provided it is at room temperature), with an intense and explosive odour.
Another of its most extraordinary qualities is that it evaporates easily. But above all, what distinguishes acetone is its solvent action. In the field of cosmetics, acetone has few rivals for removing nail polish.
Just a piece of cotton soaked in this liquid and you will see how the layer of colour disappears on your nails. And then it evaporates in the blink of an eye. A perfect result is not always guaranteed on semi-permanent nail polish, but it is undoubtedly indispensable for its removal.
What Are the Most Frequent Uses of Nail Thinner?
In the cosmetic field, as well as for nail polishes, it is also common to find this ingredient in hair treatments, but only in small quantities. In the textile industry, acetone is widely used precisely because of its solvent action. So it is used to remove impurities from the tissues.
Finally, it is a compound present in the pharmaceutical industry for its many uses. In this sector, it is used to prepare different medicines, making the ingredients better dilute. At home, however, acetone is used to remove stains, glue residues and much more.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Nail Thinner?
Acetone has, like all products, advantages and disadvantages. It is easily found, costs little and allows excellent results without resorting to who knows what other products. But it dries the skin, requires a moisturizer and some people may be allergic. Below we briefly summarize the pros and cons of acetone.
- Remove nail polish quickly
- It is easy to use
- It can be used for multiple purposes
- It is not harmful to health
- It is cheap
- It has a penetrating smell
- It can cause allergies
- It is highly flammable
Is It Better to Remove Nail Polish?
To date, many people wonder if a nail polish remover with or without acetone is better. We reiterate that acetone does not represent a health risk and is not toxic, provided it is used as indicated by the manufacturer’s instructions. Let’s see what distinguishes one option from the other:
With acetone. If acetone is known for something, it’s because of its speed in removing the nail polish. In this, it has no rivals, to be honest. Being more powerful, it also acts better on semi-permanent glazes. As a disadvantage, it is a product that dries the skin and nails themselves.
Acetone free. Acetone-free nail polish removers have gained great popularity. They are particularly suitable for those who are allergic to acetone or notice irritation of the mucous membranes when inhaling it during use. As a disadvantage, they require more steps to remove the enamel completely, therefore more product and not always exceptional results.
If you like to change the nail polish continuously, there is no doubt that you need to have acetone on hand. This product will ensure that your nails return to their natural colour in minutes. Of course, it is convenient to consider certain purchase criteria when choosing the right acetone.
Here are the main ones in our opinion:
It sounds like nonsense, but you need to know the amount of product to buy, which changes depending on how often you plan to use it or if it is a product that you will share with someone else at home. On the market, you can find this nail polish in containers of different capacities: 100, 250 or 500 ml.
For example, betting on a 100ml acetone can is very convenient if you travel a lot. On the other hand, if you buy a 500ml pack, you will forget to purchase for quite a while. Remember to check the expiration date, because the effect may decrease over time.
In addition to the size of the container, another critical factor that influences your user experience is the dispenser. Depending on how it is, the application of acetone will be more or less ignorant, and you will waste more or less product.
The most common presentation is in a bottle with a screw cap, and the dispensing is by pressure. Other models (the more traditional) have a small hole from which the product comes out to be poured directly on the cotton.
They are a little more uncomfortable since you only have to use one hand to pour it. Other containers incorporate a sponge that is soaked every time the product is turned and does not require the use of cotton.
Remember that Nail thinner also has an expiration date, which is usually 36 months. Acetone is a product intended to come into contact with the skin, which means that it must meet certain safety conditions.
We, therefore, advise you to take a few minutes to examine the product label with the information of the laboratory in charge of its processing.
If possible, choose only models sponsored by recognized laboratories, as this is the maximum guarantee. In any case, also make sure that it includes the CE marking (European conformity), which indicates that it is a product compliant with European regulations. Finally, check the precautions section.
Acetone can be presented on the market with different formulas. On the one hand, it is possible to identify products that indicate that they contain 100% acetone, so there is no further discussion.
However, it is increasingly common to find options that, in addition to acetone, are accompanied by other components. Castor oil is one of the ingredients that we find most frequently in nail solvents with additives, in addition to glycerin and water.
As you can see, the list of components is usually not very extensive. Likewise, some products may contain moisturizing agents to combat dry skin associated with the use of acetone.