If you have made a comparison between the offers of the models sold online, but you still don’t know how to choose a good pillbox, then you have arrived in the right section of our page.
Here you will find valuable buying advice that will help you understand what the main features to look for in a product are. Our main advice is to focus on the product with the best value for money and perhaps to consult the opinions of other users who have tried it to get a more precise idea.
In general, you need to consider whether you need a weekly or monthly pillbox with a daily subdivision or if you need to buy the product for an elderly person.
Here we had listed out some of the 11 travel best pill organizers that are present below.
- AM/PM: This pill organizer is color coded and numbered to easily keep track of the pills you’ve taken. Never miss a dose or take too many. Perfect pill organizer for seniors, caregivers, or those with arthritis.
- EASY TO USE: This pill organizer includes 16 clear slide-locking pill pockets that can be added and removed as needed. Clear pill pouch makes it easy to see your pills and stay organized. Smart alternative to an outdated pill box.
- ADJUSTABLE: Made with durable polyester, the pill holder folds open and closed to keep your pills private, while the adjustable velcro fastener keeps pills safe in place.
- LIGHTWEIGHT + PORTABLE: Easily fits in your purse, backpack, luggage, carry on, laptop bag, or suitcase. Perfect for prescription medications and daily pills like ibuprofen, vitamins, allergy medicine, aspirin, supplements, and more.
- INCLUDES: Medical reference card to list your important medical information in case of emergency, with space for your name, emergency contact, physician, medical conditions, allergies, and more. Easily stores in exterior zippered pocket.
- ⏰ HIGHT QUALITY-- Pill case Made of food grade PP material, safe and free of BPA, non-toxic, non-allergenic, easy to clean, keep your pills clean.
- ⏰ PORTABLE FOR TRAVEL-- With 10 individual compartments on both sides, It has 4 large compartments and 6 small compartments, there are 2 sizes of compartments for your different amounts of pills.Small size, convenient to carry, can be put into your pocket or bag, especially suitable for short term travel, so that you can carry pills anytime and anywhere.
- ⏰ CONVENIENT MEMORY-- We provide a label for you to record the date. Pill cases organizers 7 day am pm. ✔ Package included：- 2 *Pill case （Gray+Dark red ）+ 1 * label
- ⏰ MULTIPURPOSE-- Pill containers As shown in the picture You can put medicines, decorations, clips, hooks, screws and other small items
- ⏰ SATISFACTION GUARANTEED—If you receive the pill boxes that have any quality problems or not satisfied with the commodities, you can contact us any time.
- EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY PILL ORGANIZER - Jumbo 8 comparments with 4 different sizes, can hold 13-21 vitamins in each compartment.
- MOISTUREPROOF & AIRTIGHT DESIGN – The pills box comes with a sealing ring, keep your pills away from dampness and bacterias.
- NEVER POP OPEN - The lids of the pill box close tightly all the time, will never pop-open and dump pills out in your purse.
- BPA FREE - Fullicon large & portable medicine organizers are made of food grade plastic, safe for medical use.
- LABEL IT YOURSELF - This pill dispenser comes with 8 standard marks & 8 customizable labels, label your pills freely now!
- For medicine, pills, supplements, and vitamins
- 4.5" X 3.5" X 1.5" inches
- 7- Day compartments, plus bonus "EXTRA", Removable for easy cleaning
- Water proof neoprene keeps your compartments and its contents safe
- Front pocket to hold insurance card, receipts, keys, or other small flat items
- 【PERFECT DESIGN】With 10 individual compartments on both sides, there are 2 sizes of compartments for your different amounts of pills.
- 【GOOD SEALING PERFORMANCE】With secure lid on each compartment of the medicine container, each lid can open or shut via clasps individually. The closing lid is air-proof and keep your medicines in good condition.
- 【ULTRA HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL】Our travel pill holder is made of food grade PP plastic. It doesn't open on its own and spill in your bag.
- 【COMPACT AND SPACE SAVING】The portable medicine organizer is small enough to put in your suit pocket and fit in your purse or wallet whenever you go.
- 【QUALITY ASSURANCE】100% Money back, if any dissatisfaction about the pill box.
- Store a Week's Worth of Meds. You can simply organize your weekly medication dispenser at the beginning of the week and place the organizer on the counter to easily keep track and maintain your AM/PM medication regimen, which is great if you're traveling or on-the-go since you can detach exactly the days you need.(size of each compartment: 0.9” x 1.1” x 0.9”)
- Secure Pills from Spilling. No worries about unwanted dumpage of pills found by pets and kids for your slightest unintentional or incidental touch on the pill planer. The push button stays closed once locked and securely snap shut keeping pills safe.
- Easy to Use. The pill dispenser has a tested design to make it easier for you, especially for the elderly, to open the medicine box; This pill case also has a contoured design on the bottom for easy pill removal; The large compartments are manufactured from a translucent material thereby allowing easy monitoring which box is empty without opening.
- BPA-free Materials. The pill box is simple yet handy if you have to take medication 4 times a day. There are separate compartments constructed with durable molded BPA-free plastic for each dose, plus it’s got a large capacity for multiple pill regimes
- What You Receive: 1 x AUVON iMedassist Pill Holder, 1 x Happy Card, our 12-month warranty, and friendly customer service
- Portable Pill Box - Only 4.3x3.5x1.5 inch in size, compact enough for your handbag, purse and suitcase.
- Made of Cereal Fiber - Made of cereal shell fiber which is eco-friendly and has better stability to store medicines than plastic pill box dispenser.
- Double Security Pill Box - 8 chambers (6 +2) and independent covers will effectively separate different pills, ensure them not spilling out. 6 small chambers for little pills and 2 large chambers for vitamins and capsules.
- Thick Silicone Seal Ring - Thickened silicone seal ring keeps your travel pill holder closed tightly and prevent the pill from moisture and dust.
- Foldable Pill Box Case Daily Pill Case Waterproof Pill Box Dispenser Travel Pill Holder Pill Organizer Box Weekly Case Travel Medication Reminder Portable Vitamin Sorter Small Pill Box Supplement Case Medication Carry Case Daily Vitamin Organizer Box
- 100% WATERPROOF: While some other pill boxes and organizer get leaky and ruin pills, our travel pill box organizer comes with an elastic sealing to protect it from water. This travel pill organizer portable will always keep your medication safe
- 8 LARGE COMPARTMENTS: Our pill dispenser organizer & large daily pill organizer is large! This pill holder & medicine organizer has 8 compartments that holds many pills per compartment
- DOUBLE LOCK: Our daily supplement organizer & vitamins travel container keeps all your pills in place. Our vitamin sorter containers organizers will never open up in purses or bags!
- EASY TO OPEN: Our travel pill container & medicine travel organizer features an ergonomic design for easy opening. Seniors can easily open this waterproof moisture proof pill organizer and fill the cells with pills
- USE IN TRAVELING: This vitamin container organizer large compartments is lightweight. Our waterproof portable pill container fits into small spaces inside your luggage
- CEREAL FIBER MATERIAL - High quality pill case made of cereal shell fiber, healthy and eco-friendly, no odor and more suitable for storing pills than plastic pill boxes.
- DOUBLE SECURITY - Five separated compartment inside the box,effectively prevent the collision of the pills and outer container. Outer pill container adopts secure lock ensure the pills won't spill out.
- PORTABLE DESIGN - The size:5.43x1.77x1.38 Inch,suitble for your suitcase,backpack,handbag,even your coat pocket.
- THICKEN SEAL RING - Thickened seal silicone basket keeps the pill box closed tightly and prevent the pill from moisture.
- AWESOME SERVICE- We offer 24 hour customer service,try our best to help you solve problems and offer you 100% satisfaction shopping experience.
- ECO-FRIENDLY CEREAL FIBER MATERIAL:Every pill case is made of cereal shell fiber with high quality, not only sturdy and durable,also safe and eco-friendly, has better stability and more suitable for storing pills than plastic pill boxes.
- MOISTURE PROOF & PROTECT PILLS: With the thickened silicone seal ring surrounded,can keeps your travel pill case closed tightly and prevent your pill from moisture and dust,you can always take fresh pills and say goodbye to damp pills.
- DOUBLE LOCK & REMOVABLE LIDS: Each compartment with inner closed removable lids and outer secure lock, effectively keeps the pills from falling out and getting mixed, removable lids also is convenient for you to clean the pill case. The outer lock closed tightly,no worry that the case will pop open in your purse.
- 8 COMPARTMENTS & LABELS OF TWO TYPE:The daily pill organizer has 8 compartments (6+2), 6 small chambers for little pills and 2 large chambers for vitamins and capsules.Two types of labels(pre-printed labels & blank paper labels) is helpful for you to organize the pills.
- PORTABLE SIZE & FOR TRAVELING:Size of this portable pill box is 4.33x3.54x1.2inch, can be easily placed in your wallet, suitcase, backpack, handbag, even your coat pocket, without taking up space, very convenient to carry on a trip.
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Travel Pill Organizers
As the name suggests, these models were designed to divide the pills on a weekly basis. They usually consist of a base containing seven compartments, each with the name or abbreviation of the day of the week.
These, inside them, can have four mini-compartments divided by the various phases of the day or only two, for the morning and the evening. The choice depends solely on your needs and how many pills you need to take.
Usually, the compartments of the various models can be removed to extract the pills more easily and to be able to take them with you when you leave the house or go on a trip.
The monthly pillbox is the larger version of the weekly one as it allows you to store and divide the pills for the 31 days of the month.
Unlike the weekly pillbox, however, the monthly ones only have two mini-compartments for the daily division of the tablets. Therefore they are not suitable for those who have to follow special care or need to take many supplements throughout the day.
Monthly pill holders are more useful in fact for those who do not have many medicines to take per day, but still want to keep track of those taken without the risk of making a mistake. As with the weekly pillbox, even the monthly compartments can be easily removed and carried wherever you go.
Particularly useful for older people with senile dementia or Alzheimer’s, electric pillboxes are slightly more expensive as they have automated systems for dispensing pills and a digital timer clock.
By setting the timer, it will be possible to activate acoustic and luminous warnings that will deactivate once the device has been tilted to and the correct pill has been taken.
The electric pillboxes are divided by the days of the month and by two phases of the day (morning \ evening), they also have a lid with a key lock useful to prevent elderly people from accessing the wrong tablets.
All pillboxes are made of plastic that does not contain harmful substances, therefore absolutely healthy for the transport of medicines.
The downside of the coin is that most of the models on sale will not be particularly resistant or long-lasting. Now let’s see which are the best pillboxes of the year for value for money.
This model was made of plastic for food use, like many other pill holders on the market. The material in question complies with the regulations on materials containing food, but on the other hand, it affects the resistance of the product.
Plastic does not guarantee long durability. Moreover, it does not prove solid enough to withstand knocks or falls. This forces you to be careful when using the pillbox, especially if you plan to carry it often with you.
On the other hand, plastic facilitates the opening of the various compartments, as a minimum of force and pressure will be enough to access the pills, ideal for elderly people. If you are not convinced, and you need a monthly pillbox, you can find different models in our guide to choosing the best pillbox.
The pillbox design is extremely intuitive and also adapts perfectly to the needs of older people who can find the right pills without effort. The ‘tower’ look is divided into drawers for the seven days of the week written on each one.
Each drawer also has four different compartments that divide the pills into the morning, noon, evening and night. In this way, by pulling out the drawer, you can organize the pills precisely, and then take them at the right time without making a mistake.
The drawers are removable both from the top and from the bottom, to facilitate access and organize the pillbox according to your needs.
The tower pillbox comes in a compact size that allows you to take it wherever you go without taking up too much space. You can put it in your suitcase, bag or backpack to always have your dose of pills ready depending on the day of the week or time.
The drawers can be removed from the tower so that they can be carried individually with you, to further reduce the overall dimensions. At home, you can keep it on a piece of furniture and move it without the least effort.
How to Best Use a Pill Box?
The pillbox is very easy to use, just have a little attention and know-how to organize the number of tablets to be taken.
If you have purchased a weekly model, you will find seven different large compartments in which to insert your pills. To do this, you will have to remove them from the base and open them, inserting the tablets inside them at various stages of the day.
For example, if you have to take pills in the morning on Tuesday, then you will have to take out the compartment with Tuesday wrote (which can be abbreviated in Mar or written in English Tuesday \ Tue), open it and then insert the tablets into the mini-compartment with writing ‘morning’ (matt. or ‘morning’ in case the pillbox has English writing).
In this way, on Tuesday morning, you will immediately find your pills ready for taking. The same thing you will have to do for the other days and phases of the day. The monthly pillboxes work the same way, and only they will have multiple compartments for the days of the month.
The only thing you need to pay attention to is to fill the compartment of the day every time you finish taking the pills, before going to sleep or every Sunday evening. This way, you will always find the pillbox supplied and divided into days correctly.
In the case of older people, you will have to follow them for the first few days and remember to have the pillbox always supplied.
If you want to carry a compartment with you, simply remove it from the pillbox. If you are used to traveling, we suggest you opt for a model with compact dimensions, easy to put in your bag or backpack.
Electric models are the most difficult to use because their configuration is often not intuitive. First of all, we advise you to check the instruction manual of the electric pillbox and try to understand all the different functions. Afterward, you will have to try to set the timer and the automatic distribution of the pills.
Once you press the button to set the timer, you will have to select the time at which the alarm will sound. In some cases, it will be possible to set one for both morning and evening, useful if you need to take pills throughout the day.
To do a test, set the timer to five or ten minutes, so you can immediately see if you have done everything correctly. If the audible and visual alarm goes off, then it will mean that the setting has been successful.
Now by tilting the pillbox, you can either deactivate the alarm or take the pill inserted on the right day of the week. Keep in mind that each electric model can have different functions, and consequently, the settings may vary.