To choose the best hair foam, you need to know your hair, since there are products that meet every need. If you are in trouble, it is always good to go to your hairdresser for advice.
The use of hair foams, both professional and large retailers, is designed to be simple. There are, however, different methods of application, which vary according to the time available and the type of hair foam.
Right here we had listed out the best quality of hair foams that are suitable for every type of hairs.
- Adds body to hair
- Non flaking
- Item Package Dimension: 5.0" L x 1.5" W x 1.5" H
- Item Package Weight: 8.0 oz
- Embrace The Curl: Moisturize and volumize while keeping curls intact with this airy foam styling mousse
- Soft, Crunch-Free Feel: This lightweight, no-crunch mousse helps define and retain, adds volume to and de-frizzes curls
- 100 Percent Aloe Vera as the First Ingredient: This airy, vegan formula quenches tight curls to make them look and feel hydrated and healthy. The infusion of coconut milk and mango butter gives your hair the moisture it needs without weighing your curls down
- Easy Styling: Dispense the foam into your hands and apply it evenly to damp hair. Scrunch your curls and let it dry
- Free of Harsh Additives: Love the natural goodness of a hair product free of parabens, silicones, sulfated surfactants, synthetic dye, mineral oil and gluten
- Adds flexible control, amplifies shine and locks in moisture
- To detangle and equalize porosity
- ?Conditioning formula provides extra body, fullness and control
- How to use-Shake well. Dispense upside down. Protect clothing prior to application. Distribute evenly throughout hair. Style as desired.
- NATURAL WAVES WITHOUT HEAT STYLING - John Frieda Frizz Ease Styling Foam provides lightweight, air dry styling that enhances natural curls and waves without stickiness or stiffness.
- ENHANCES CURLS WITHOUT STICKINESS - Our non-sticky, smooth formula goes on soft and creates a flexible barrier around each curl so that they stay intact as they air-dry and expand.
- RELAXED STYLING FOR RELIABLE FRIZZ CONTROL - Our lightweight styling foam provides a smooth texture and defines your natural shape to leave you with the shape and voluminous waves you desire.
- SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR - Frizz Ease Styling Foam is designed for all frizz levels and safe for color treated hair.
- DEFINED, TOUCHABLE WAVES WITHOUT THE CRUNCH - This air-dry waves formula leaves your hair frizz-free, shiny and soft.
- 3-month supply of Men's Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam hair growth treatment to help treat hair loss, maintain hair density and allow for the regrowth of fuller hair
- Formulated with 5% Minoxidil, our fast-working hair regrowth treatment works to boost hair follicle activity and hair protein production and is clinically proven to regrow hair
- Men's hair growth treatment also contains botanical extracts and emollient to help maintain a healthy, conditioned scalp, plus alphahydroxy acid (AHA) to promote natural skin exfoliation to help keep follicles open
- From the #1 dermatologist-recommended brand, this anti-hair loss foam is ideal for use at the early stages of hair thinning and features Tricho-Prime Technology that works on contact to create a healthy hair regrowth environment
- Men's hair growth treatment delivers clinically visible results in as little as 12 weeks and comes in an easy-to-apply foam, specially designed to fit into your daily routine
- No need to rewash, instead energize those curls
- Reshape, redefine and boost next day hair
- Apply generously through dry hair to reboot next day curls
- B&B FOAM WRAPPING LOTION
- Effective & Painless - Nature Nation new formulation hair removal Spray is formulated with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E, will Painlessly remove unwanted hair more deeply than shaving.
- Salon Quality - Nature Nation hair removal Spray Foam is designed to be a quick and painless hair removal at home. Longer lasting than shaving and preventing razor nicks and cuts.
- Easy to Use - This newest painless hair removal Spray Foam is formulated with active ingredients that break down the structure of your unwanted hairs, leaving you with clean skin.
- Safety & Smoothness - Nature Nation depilatory Spray Foam is designed to remove the hair deeply closer to the roots, resulting in smoother skin for longer.
- Ideal & Cruelty free - Suitable for all skin types, ideal for use on Arms, underarms, legs, chests, private parts and other bikini-line. Cruelty free.
- FIRM HOLD: GIOVANNI Ultra-Volume Foam Styling Mousse adds beautiful fullness and weightless control to fine, thin hair, suddenly giving you more volume exactly where you need and want it most
- DEFINED CONTROL: Define waves and enhance curls with this styling foam mousse Simply distribute evenly through damp, towel-dried hair Blow dry and style as desired or, for a wet look, let hair air dry
- COLOR SAFE: GIOVANNI Ultra-Volume Foam Styling Mousse is 100% color-safe and nourishes hair with ingredients such as Aloe Vera Rosemary, and Thyme without stripping color
- VEGAN-FRIENDLY & CRUELTY-FREE: GIOVANNI Products use a number of organic ingredients and are Leaping Bunny Certified cruelty free GIOVANNI Products are never tested on animals and come in sophisticated recyclable packaging
- SULFATE-FREE & PARABEN-FREE: GIOVANNI products do not contain any sulphates, parabens or other harsh chemicals commonly used in regular hair products, leaving you with strong, beautiful hair
- Achieve Thicker, Fuller & Healthier Hair With Shapiro MD's Leave-In Daily Foam
- Contains the Most Powerful, All-Natural DHT Blocking Ingredients
- Clinically Studied Ingredients, Dermatologist Developed
- Developed by Distinguished Dermatologists Dr. Steven Shapiro, M.D., and Dr. Michael Borenstein, M.D.
- Patented Formulation Containing Saw Palmetto, EGCG, Caffeine Derivative
- FULL COVERAGE HAIR COLOR -This non-drip foam spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for precise, all-over 100% grey coverage
- PRECISION FOAM COLOR AT HOME - Precision foam color allows you to achieve stunning color results very easily at home, every time you color
- EASY TO USE HAIR COLOR - This foam spreads quickly and easily, flawlessly covering the hard-to-reach hair on the back of your head, roots and hairline
- LONG LASTING HAIR COLOR - Included in the package is our nourishing, after-color conditioner which seals in color for long-lasting tonal richness, while keeping hair soft and silky
- NOURISHING POST-COLOR CONDITIONER - John Frieda Precision Foam Color enhances color for long lasting lushnes while the conditioner moisturizes and conditions for vibrant, shiny, brown hair.
- PERFECT FOR MOLDING, WRAPPING, & SETTING- Our Compositions Foaming Wrap Lotion can be used to create smooth wraps, wet-sets, textured styles and molds without frizz, flaking, and product build-up on hair that is relaxed, curly, kinky-curly, wavy, or color-treated.
- FORMULATED WITH COCONUT OIL & WHEAT PROTEIN- Two key nourishing ingredients – Coconut Oil and Wheat Protein—provide the ability to moisturize, rejuvenate, and strengthen stressed fragile hair during wet-setting. All Design Essentials products are cruelty-free and made in the USA.
- PLIABLE HOLD & QUICK DRY TIME- This non-sticky, lightweight wrap lotion has a medium-pliable hold, dries quickly without residue, detangles on contact, and will leave your hair feeling silky and healthy with an intense shine.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Hair Foams
Fine or Full-Bodied Hair?
In choosing a perfect hair foam for you, it is fundamental to evaluate the volume and density of your hair. We can divide the types into two distinct categories: fine hair, which tends to break because it is not very robust and full-bodied.
The former is much more vulnerable to external agents and lack keratin which is the central part that gives body to the hair. The thinner one breaks and is more easily damaged.
The thick or even full-bodied hair has a central body with a rich layer of keratin, it tends to be less weak but not, for this reason, it is not without problems to deal with, as it can be frizzy and difficult to treat. By focusing on the two main categories, it is time to decide what type of hair you have, how to treat it best and thus know which hair foam to buy.
Each hair needs the right formulation: this prevents you from buying a product that is too rich for a hair that already has its structure, risking to weigh it down or, conversely, creating a weak and damaged hair with ingredients that do not add volume and body.
The new formulas of hair foams are enriched with vitamins, essential oils, composed of chemoprotective or moisturizing agents. The choice of the foam must be focused on the well-being of your hair.
Provitamin B5 is one of the most innovative key ingredients included in the new foams; it nourishes the weaker hair and repairs the damage slowly, rebuilding the central structure and increasing the production of keratin. It is, therefore, an ideal choice for the “thin hair” category.
Lighter textures in the form of moisturizing and soft mousses are instead very suitable for thick hair. It is also good to add a type that contains a specific agent for an anti-frizz effect.
Texture and Hold
As already specified, the hair often needs soft mousses but which have a powerful agglomerating action, specifically better if a little sticky, to fully define and amplify the curl’s hold.
In this case, your foam will have to act like a scaffold, but your curls must be soft to the touch with a natural effect. The same result also applies to fine hair, which, however, will have to focus on rich and nourishing foams, with an almost creamy consistency.
A foam that gives volume is a good choice for flat and bodyless hair. Keep in mind that the better the product you choose, the higher the cost will be. The advice is to invest in an excellent professional article, able to perform its functions at best.
Thanks to the offers available online, you will be able to purchase hyper-technological foams, from famous brands and professional brands, at competitive prices. If you are wondering where to buy such wonders, the web is the answer.
During and After Washing
A strong crease starts from the moment you apply the shampoo: check that it is suitable for your hair type and that it is not too rich and nourishing. Remember that afterwards, you will have to apply the foam, so better wash with light products.
Diluting the shampoo is always an excellent method of use: once you have rinsed it thoroughly, massage the lengths with a walnut of the conditioner, to be kept in place for about 3 minutes.
Also, this product must be well rinsed to prevent residues from causing further weighting of the hair. The last indispensable gesture is to gently dab the hair, to remove as much moisture as you can. If you have it at home, always prefer a towel with a soft fabric.
This move allows you to avoid frizz, avoid the flat and opaque colour due to the presence of humidity, and the foam can thus act at its best.
As a Hair Stylist
The practical dispensers of the hair foams allow you to dose the product well. In some cases, multiple dispensing are recommended, evaluating the right quantity that your length requires, as you work your curls with the foam.
Always avoid using as much product all at once to do it first, believing to optimize the time. You may risk having to start over, as an excessive amount of foam risks making the hair hard to the touch.
A factor that often tends not to be considered is the timing: the more carefully the product is distributed, the better the professional result will be. Some foams, for example, coloured ones, must be applied to already dry hair before moving on to the creation of the blow-dry.
The same rule applies: a job carried out with care will prevail over a hasty and approximate one.
Diffuser and Co.
The moment of drying with the diffuser is the last step to obtain defined curls and a natural crease. If you have used a hair foam that contains thermal protective polymers, you will not have to fear that the heat will damage or weaken the stem.
We can get curls using the foam and the diffuser even if our hair is moved. Still head down, they take a section of hair to be distributed evenly inside the diffuser. Average temperatures and speeds are always recommended.
Let the section heat up for about two minutes and do the same with the other sections. Come back with your head straight, you can also use the diffuser on the roots, for an unprecedented volume effect. This method guarantees you a thicker foliage effect.
The last move recommended by hairdressers is to soften and balance the fold using your hands as if they were wide-toothed combs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Hair Foam Used For?
Foam, also called foam or hair mousse, is a disciplining product for curly or wavy hair, which need a sort of scaffolding that maintains the wavy effect and that creates a structure capable of making curly hair as defined as possible.
Usually, it is used after each shampoo, before going to the crease. The new foams are formulated with innovative and specific ingredients to take care of the hair and restore a healthy appearance. Above all, they do not weigh down the hair, giving it an artificial look.
What to Use Instead of Hair Foam?
No product can replace the work done by the foam, not even the lacquer that serves a completely different purpose. However, it is possible to purchase shampoo and conditioner lines by completing the set with a mask, which is specially formulated for curls or wavy.
They contribute to the success of the fold, but the use of foam is essential to achieve the optimal result. These mostly have a detangling and anti-frizz function but do not create the support necessary for the hedgehog to remain perfect for a long time.
When Do You Put Hair Foam?
The foam is used on wet hair before moving on to the drying phase. As we have seen in our guide to choosing the best hair foam, it is sometimes necessary to apply it on already dry ones, as in the case of coloured foams.
The general rule of mousse is that the product is distributed slowly, starting from walnut and if necessary depending on the length of the hair. We must then add another quantity, never greater than the size of a nut, at a time.
How to Bring Hair Foam on The Plane?
Today on the market, easily available everywhere, there are specific travel formats, the so-called travel size or mini size of 100 ml, perfect for being placed in hand luggage.
If during your stay away from home, you need a larger quantity, you can always enter the large format, which varies from 200 ml to 300 ml, in the baggage to be sent, or the one that will travel in the hold.
Recall that the airport rules prohibit the introduction of bottles greater than 100 ml in the cabin. Also, the mini sizes allow you to try many different products, before choosing your best hair foam!
How to Make Slime with Hair Foam?
It is possible and even fun for children to create a colourful and glittery slime, using hair foam mixed with other ingredients, such as transparent glue and any type of thickener such as detergent for the washing machine, which is already in the house.
To make the slime more creative and personalized, it is possible to add dyes in acrylic or tempera gel and multicoloured glitter, therefore simple elements that you can easily find in any stationery store. Mix everything to obtain a compound that you can make softer and “fluffy” by adding a higher quantity of foam for hair.