To choose the best hair foam, you need to know your hair, since there are products that meet every need. If you are in trouble, it is always good to go to your hairdresser for advice.
The use of hair foams, both professional and large retailers, is designed to be simple. There are, however, different methods of application, which vary according to the time available and the type of hair foam.
Right here we had listed out the best quality of hair foams that are suitable for every type of hairs.
- DEFINED & SMOOTH STYLES: scrunch, style, & shape curls without crunch
- WEIGHTLESS WAVES: lightweight shea butter formula conditions natural waves, curls, & coils
- GREAT FOR: Type 2 waves, Type 3 curls, & Type 4 coils
- NO HARSH INGREDIENTS: formulated with no mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicones, phthalates, gluten, paraffin or propylene
- CRUELTY-FREE: absolutely no testing on animals
- PROVEN HAIR CARE - African Pride Natural Salon Care Foam Setting Mousse is a non-flaking, alcohol-free formula that provides long...
- FEATURED INGREDIENTS - Olive Oil: Seals in moisture, helps prevent breakage; Tree Oil: Helps protect and condition scalp & hair.
- NATURALLY FORMULATED - The ingredients within African Pride products are free of harmful components, including parabens, mineral...
- HOW TO USE - Apply foam liberally and evenly to towel dried hair. Style and shape as desired. Allow hair to dry completely before...
- ABOUT THE BRAND - Protect your hair and give your coils what they crave. New Olive Miracle Natural Salon Care. Formulated for...
- SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN 90 DAYS: Yes, you heard that right! Fit our hair regrowth treatment into your daily routine (to be applied...
- DHT BLOCKERS FOR THICKER HAIR: Thanks to the perfectly combined DHT blocking formula, our treatment helps balance and normalize...
- REVITALIZES HAIR FOLLICLES: Our fast-working, 5% Minoxidil hair regrowth treatment increases hair follicle activity and hair...
- UNSCENTED FOAM: Remixdil men’s hair growth treatment comes in an easy-to-apply unscented hair-loss foam, ideal for use at early...
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Remixidil Hair Regrowth Treatment For Women contains 5% Minoxidil - an ingredient proven to regrow hair, DTH...
- Embrace The Curl: Moisturize and volumize while keeping curls intact with this airy foam styling mousse
- Soft, Crunch-Free Feel: This lightweight, no-crunch mousse helps define and retain, adds volume to and de-frizzes curls
- 100 Percent Aloe Vera as the First Ingredient: This airy, vegan formula quenches tight curls to make them look and feel hydrated...
- Easy Styling: Dispense the foam into your hands and apply it evenly to damp hair. Scrunch your curls and let it dry
- Free of Harsh Additives: Love the natural goodness of a hair product free of parabens, silicones, sulfated surfactants, synthetic...
- No need to rewash, instead energize those curls
- Reshape, redefine and boost next day hair
- Apply generously through dry hair to reboot next day curls
- Create Beautiful Hair From Roots To Ends With This Natural, Lightweight Styler
- Formulated With A Blend Of Organic Ingredients Such As Aloe Vera + Honey, Lavender, Orange Flower Oil + Frangipani, To Create A...
- Use To Add Texture, Boost Volume, Define Curls, Shape + Sculpt Wet Or Dry Hair, Or Enjoy As A Root Refresher Between Washes
- Ingredients Straight From Nature, Grown Organically + Sustainably Without Chemicals - Ethically Harvested + Sourced From Trusted,...
- Paraben-Free, Sulfate-Free, Gluten-Free, Cruelty-Free
- FOR FINE OR FLAT HAIR - John Frieda Volume Lift Air Whipped Foam, with Air-Silk technology, enhances fullness.
- ENHANCES VOLUME IN 1 USE - Maximize the fullness of your hair and obtain maximized hold full style creation with Volume Lift...
- FOR COLOR-TREATED HAIR - Safe to use on color-treated hair and perfect for styling.
- SOFTENS HAIR - Volumizing and weightless foam leaves hair soft with touchable movement and bounce.
- NEW PACKAGING - Presenting the new Volume Lift collection - formerly Luxurious Volume.
- Relieves Acne And Removes Blemishes, Prevent Rashes, Itching, Dry And Scaly Skin From Developing, Clean Pores And Rejuvenates The...
- VOLUMIZING FOAM: This bodifying styler lifts & plumps for lasting volume with feather-light fullness. Infused with pomegranate,...
- SKY HIGH VOLUME & STYLE: Add sky-high volume to your style without a sticky or stiff feel. This go-so-big blend helps fine, limp...
- CRUELTY FREE BEAUTY: From our decadent body scrubs & lotions to our high-quality shampoos, conditioners & styling products, our...
- NATURALLY LUXE: Our skin, hair, & body care products have the high-performing natural ingredients you love, & none of the stuff...
- CAKE BEAUTY: We specialize in crossing high-performing, naturally driven formulations with playful indulgence, designing...
- Hair Foam
- WEIGHTLESS VOLUME - Our protein-enriched Foam is the perfect layering styler. You can use it on its own for a soft, effortless...
- HOW THE MAGIC HAPPENS - the Foam is supercharged with a unique complex of Hemp Seed & Rice Protein, a completely plant-based...
- WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT - Inspired by generations of homemade hair remedies, Curlsmith blends fresh curl-loving foods with kitchen...
- NO NASTIES - All our products have zero spoons of Sulphates, Silicones, Mineral Oils and Phtalates. Plus they're Curly Girl...
- REAL RESULTS - We believe the proof is in the pudding and it looks like our customers believe that too: "Favorite product EVER for...
Buying Guide to Select the Best Hair Foams
Fine or Full-Bodied Hair?
In choosing a perfect hair foam for you, it is fundamental to evaluate the volume and density of your hair. We can divide the types into two distinct categories: fine hair, which tends to break because it is not very robust and full-bodied.
The former is much more vulnerable to external agents and lack keratin which is the central part that gives body to the hair. The thinner one breaks and is more easily damaged.
The thick or even full-bodied hair has a central body with a rich layer of keratin, it tends to be less weak but not, for this reason, it is not without problems to deal with, as it can be frizzy and difficult to treat. By focusing on the two main categories, it is time to decide what type of hair you have, how to treat it best and thus know which hair foam to buy.
Each hair needs the right formulation: this prevents you from buying a product that is too rich for a hair that already has its structure, risking to weigh it down or, conversely, creating a weak and damaged hair with ingredients that do not add volume and body.
The new formulas of hair foams are enriched with vitamins, essential oils, composed of chemoprotective or moisturizing agents. The choice of the foam must be focused on the well-being of your hair.
Provitamin B5 is one of the most innovative key ingredients included in the new foams; it nourishes the weaker hair and repairs the damage slowly, rebuilding the central structure and increasing the production of keratin. It is, therefore, an ideal choice for the “thin hair” category.
Lighter textures in the form of moisturizing and soft mousses are instead very suitable for thick hair. It is also good to add a type that contains a specific agent for an anti-frizz effect.
Texture and Hold
As already specified, the hair often needs soft mousses but which have a powerful agglomerating action, specifically better if a little sticky, to fully define and amplify the curl’s hold.
In this case, your foam will have to act like a scaffold, but your curls must be soft to the touch with a natural effect. The same result also applies to fine hair, which, however, will have to focus on rich and nourishing foams, with an almost creamy consistency.
A foam that gives volume is a good choice for flat and bodyless hair. Keep in mind that the better the product you choose, the higher the cost will be. The advice is to invest in an excellent professional article, able to perform its functions at best.
Thanks to the offers available online, you will be able to purchase hyper-technological foams, from famous brands and professional brands, at competitive prices. If you are wondering where to buy such wonders, the web is the answer.
During and After Washing
A strong crease starts from the moment you apply the shampoo: check that it is suitable for your hair type and that it is not too rich and nourishing. Remember that afterwards, you will have to apply the foam, so better wash with light products.
Diluting the shampoo is always an excellent method of use: once you have rinsed it thoroughly, massage the lengths with a walnut of the conditioner, to be kept in place for about 3 minutes.
Also, this product must be well rinsed to prevent residues from causing further weighting of the hair. The last indispensable gesture is to gently dab the hair, to remove as much moisture as you can. If you have it at home, always prefer a towel with a soft fabric.
This move allows you to avoid frizz, avoid the flat and opaque colour due to the presence of humidity, and the foam can thus act at its best.
As a Hair Stylist
The practical dispensers of the hair foams allow you to dose the product well. In some cases, multiple dispensing are recommended, evaluating the right quantity that your length requires, as you work your curls with the foam.
Always avoid using as much product all at once to do it first, believing to optimize the time. You may risk having to start over, as an excessive amount of foam risks making the hair hard to the touch.
A factor that often tends not to be considered is the timing: the more carefully the product is distributed, the better the professional result will be. Some foams, for example, coloured ones, must be applied to already dry hair before moving on to the creation of the blow-dry.
The same rule applies: a job carried out with care will prevail over a hasty and approximate one.
Diffuser and Co.
The moment of drying with the diffuser is the last step to obtain defined curls and a natural crease. If you have used a hair foam that contains thermal protective polymers, you will not have to fear that the heat will damage or weaken the stem.
We can get curls using the foam and the diffuser even if our hair is moved. Still head down, they take a section of hair to be distributed evenly inside the diffuser. Average temperatures and speeds are always recommended.
Let the section heat up for about two minutes and do the same with the other sections. Come back with your head straight, you can also use the diffuser on the roots, for an unprecedented volume effect. This method guarantees you a thicker foliage effect.
The last move recommended by hairdressers is to soften and balance the fold using your hands as if they were wide-toothed combs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Hair Foam Used For?
Foam, also called foam or hair mousse, is a disciplining product for curly or wavy hair, which need a sort of scaffolding that maintains the wavy effect and that creates a structure capable of making curly hair as defined as possible.
Usually, it is used after each shampoo, before going to the crease. The new foams are formulated with innovative and specific ingredients to take care of the hair and restore a healthy appearance. Above all, they do not weigh down the hair, giving it an artificial look.
What to Use Instead of Hair Foam?
No product can replace the work done by the foam, not even the lacquer that serves a completely different purpose. However, it is possible to purchase shampoo and conditioner lines by completing the set with a mask, which is specially formulated for curls or wavy.
They contribute to the success of the fold, but the use of foam is essential to achieve the optimal result. These mostly have a detangling and anti-frizz function but do not create the support necessary for the hedgehog to remain perfect for a long time.
When Do You Put Hair Foam?
The foam is used on wet hair before moving on to the drying phase. As we have seen in our guide to choosing the best hair foam, it is sometimes necessary to apply it on already dry ones, as in the case of coloured foams.
The general rule of mousse is that the product is distributed slowly, starting from walnut and if necessary depending on the length of the hair. We must then add another quantity, never greater than the size of a nut, at a time.
How to Bring Hair Foam on The Plane?
Today on the market, easily available everywhere, there are specific travel formats, the so-called travel size or mini size of 100 ml, perfect for being placed in hand luggage.
If during your stay away from home, you need a larger quantity, you can always enter the large format, which varies from 200 ml to 300 ml, in the baggage to be sent, or the one that will travel in the hold.
Recall that the airport rules prohibit the introduction of bottles greater than 100 ml in the cabin. Also, the mini sizes allow you to try many different products, before choosing your best hair foam!
How to Make Slime with Hair Foam?
It is possible and even fun for children to create a colourful and glittery slime, using hair foam mixed with other ingredients, such as transparent glue and any type of thickener such as detergent for the washing machine, which is already in the house.
To make the slime more creative and personalized, it is possible to add dyes in acrylic or tempera gel and multicoloured glitter, therefore simple elements that you can easily find in any stationery store. Mix everything to obtain a compound that you can make softer and “fluffy” by adding a higher quantity of foam for hair.