To complete your gym, or to continue bodybuilding exercises comfortably, you should still consider buying a weight bench. With this tool, you can train many muscle areas, such as the quadriceps, shoulders, biceps, ischia crural muscles, and chest, without having to go to the gym.
There are two decisive factors in the final choice of the bench: try it, and then decide for yourself if it is adequate – and the space you have available, to position it and work on it functionally and comfortably. Of course, besides this, there are other criteria to consider to make a satisfactory purchase.
Right below we had selected some of the best Weider weight benches.
- Learn How to Strength Train with iFit; Gain access to on-demand trainer-led workouts with a full-access trial of the iFit membership
- Standard Sizing; This weight bench is compatible with 6.5-foot standard barbells and 1” standard weight plates (sold separately); Exercise Chart Included; Learn new routines and proper lifting form
- Integrated Leg Developer allows you to train your quads, hamstrings, glutes, and hip flexors; Sleek Sewn Vinyl Seat; Tear-resistant vinyl is easy to wipe clean after an intense workout
- 4 Bench Positions; Choose between 2 levels of incline, flat, or decline positions to execute a variety of strength-building exercises; Fixed Uprights enhance lifting safety
- 410-Pound User Capacity; Protected with a 90-Day Parts & Labor Warranty
- Ideal for dumbbell exercises and other weight lifting workouts, this bench adjusts to deliver a personalized workout and proper exercise form with a 90 degree seat adjustment
- Enjoy comfortable stability and a more controlled workout with the 4 roll leg lockdown feature
- Durable, vinyl seats add comfort to your training
- Maximize your results with the included step by step exercise chart; Created by a certified personal trainer, this chart delivers the expertise you need to get the body you want
- Includes 80 pound Vinyl weight set
- Flat, incline bench positions
- Fixed upright, preacher curl
- Leg developer vinyl seats, exercise chart
- Weight lifting bench set for isolated movements and proper form, strengthen biceps, triceps, quadriceps, legs, and Buttocks, 15963
- Adjustable Bench
- 6 Foam Leg Developer
- Removable Preacher Pad
- Removable Curl Yoke
- Olympic Weight Adapter
- Can be used separately or moved out of the way, allowing you to perform squats and other exercises without obstruction
- Curl yoke: build muscle in your upper body
- Preacher pad: comfortably isolate your biceps and forearms while ensuring proper exercise form
- Multiple bench positions: incline, flat, and decline bench positions offer countless exercise options and proper exercise form
Buying Guide to Select the Best Weider Weight Benches
What Is a Weight Bench?
Weight benches (also called bodybuilding benches) are fitness equipment used to train, strengthen, and develop muscles by working while sitting or lying down.
They are excellent allies if you want to practice at home since by combining them with weights, you have the opportunity to work on all muscle areas without the need to go to the gym.
What Are the Advantages of Buying a Weight Bench?
Weight benches are very versatile, simple, and easy to use tools, but these are not the only advantages given by having one of these tools at home. You can train muscle groups such as the quadriceps, shoulders, biceps, triceps, ischia crural muscles, pectoral muscles, but not only: here are the other benefits that you can get.
- They allow you to lift all types of weights, from dumbbells to bars and discs.
- They are complete tools because they allow you to work with all muscle groups: upper, lower, and central limbs (abdominal, lumbar, pelvic, buttocks, and deep muscles of the spine).
- The risks of suffering an injury when training on a bench are minimal.
- They can be adapted to any type of user regardless of size or height.
- Training with a weight bench at home is a perfect way to achieve goals and measure results. You will no longer have excuses for not doing your daily exercises.
What Can Exercises Be Performed with A Weight Bench?
With a weight bench, you can perform different types of exercises with the advantage of not leaving the house. Below we explain what the workouts that you can practice without the need to go to the gym are. Would you have ever believed that these tools could be so versatile?
- Triceps: To perform these exercises, you must take a barbell with weights and lie on the bench. Next, with your feet flat on the floor, bring the barbell behind your head and start with the lifts.
- Buttocks: To tone these muscles, you need to lie down on the bench and perform lifts with the pelvis and hip keeping the buttock still. If you have experience with this exercise, you can add a disc on the abdomen and perform the same type of lifts.
- Biceps: For this workout, we will change the barbell with dumbbells. Just sit on the bench and begin to alternate the lifts, one for each hand, keeping your elbow bent.
How Much Weight Does a Weight Bench Support?
You may have decided to buy a benches because you want to do what is called bench presses. This training consists of lifting the barbell with discs on each side, from a lying position, and starting from the chest, but having the possibility to load even a lot of our barbell, we need to know how much weight this type of benches can support.
The maximum weight supported by these tools is very variable. However, all usually allow approximately 150 kg, which may seem a lot to you, you must think of considering not only what you lift but also your weight: this means that if you weigh 90 kg and you can load 100 kg, your weight bench must be able to support at least 200 kg.
If you are thinking of buying a weight bench, but you don’t know what criteria you need to evaluate when purchasing, this section is for you. Take note of our instructions to make sure you make the right choice.
There are several essential elements that you must consider before deciding on a model, here they are below.
- Inclination levels
- Weight and pressure supported
- Distance and structure of the supports for the rocker arms
When we buy a weight bench, one of the first things we need to check is that the padding is full and solid: in this way, we will carry out the workouts comfortably without the iron base of the bench bothering us. Also, a bench that does not have solid padding will cause rapid deterioration of the tool.
The adjustment levels of a weight bench allow you to perform the exercises both lying on your back and sitting. However, a bench with multiple levels of inclination is not necessarily synonymous with a better product: depending on the workouts you want to carry out and your needs, you have to buy a tool with more or fewer levels or even a fixed one.
The height of the weight bench is another more than important criterion: you must keep very clear that you will have to be able to perform your exercises with your feet resting on the floor, an essential aspect of ensuring that your workouts are safe and no accidents occur. That’s why the bench must be of a size appropriate to yours.
Weight and Pressure Supported
The weight bench must be solid enough to support the weight and pressure it is subjected to during training. When you do weight lifting exercises, all the pressure falls on the machine, so this must be very stable and resistant.
Distance and Structure of The Supports for The Rocker Arms
There are two factors that we need to take into consideration when talking about barbell stands: their structure and distance. The structure must be strong enough to withstand the pressure you exert in training. In this way, you will ensure that the weight bench has greater durability.
As for the distance between the supports for the barbells, it must be wide enough to allow you to train comfortably. This distance will have to do with your height and build: don’t forget to consider this factor when choosing your first weight bench.
Extensions are added values to your weight bench; in fact, they help develop certain muscles such as quadriceps, biceps, and triceps and are also very useful for working with ischia crural muscles. It is very important that these extensions are of good quality as well as resistant so that we can support our training rhythm and ensure a long duration.